Need your suggestion/feedback for first time SSD user
I just got my SSD today and want to install fresh windows 7 here. i have gone thru some articles, but need to know these things first,
1. do i need to unplug HDD before installing win 7 on SSD (i will be using a boot-able dvd)?
2. in BIOS mode, other than setting up 1st boot drive as DVD and 2nd as SSD, do i need to check/uncheck other features as well?
3. i have no idea about intel rapid storage feat (i turned it off), is it required to be turned on before installing SSD?
4. after installing win 7 on SSD, will the boot menu show two win 7 to choose from?
I have got 2 HDD other than this,
one is Toshiba 1TB (now the system drive)
and other is Samsung 320GB.
my mobo is ASUS H97M/E
please suggest any must have info on SSD if required before i go in deep for installing.
Thanks in advance....Cheers!
1. No need to unplug HDD. Use boot sequence DVD > SSD > HDD
2. No features specially needed.
3. dont know
4.If you install a fresh copy and use SSD to boot, there will be only one windows 7 in boot menu
If you don't wanna install a fresh copy, use And clone disk App to copy your windows partition to SSD. In bios use SSD as 1st boot drive to boot.
thanks a many...will keep tht in mind.
Originally Posted by Raziel
By Devil May Cry in forum GPU
Last Post: March 28th, 2013, 12:35
By minitt in forum Others PC Hardware
Last Post: March 15th, 2013, 19:47
Last Post: November 17th, 2012, 11:12
By rakibmukitur in forum Garena Central
Last Post: January 4th, 2009, 12:12
Tags for this Thread
Page generated in 0.17647 seconds with 14 queries.