The Electronic Entertainment Expo 2014, commonly known as E3 2014, is the upcoming 20th Electronic Entertainment Expo held. E3 is an annual trade show for the video game industry presented by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). The event is scheduled to take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA from June 10, 2014 to June 12.
*All times are in PST
MONDAY, JUNE 9: PRESS CONFERENCES
- 10:30 PM: Microsoft
- 1 AM: Electronic Arts
- 4 AM: Ubisoft
- Live Streams:
- GameSpot / GameTrailers / IGN
- 7 AM: Sony
JUNE 10: Nintendo Digital Event
10:30 PM: Nintendo's Digital Event
Livestreams: GameSpot / GameTrailers / IGN
JUNE 10, 11 & 12: SHOW FLOOR
All-day: IGN Stage Show
All-day: GameSpot Stage Show
Livestream 1 / Livestream 2
All-day: GameTrailers Stage Show
All-day: Twitch Stage Show
PRE-EVENT: JUDGE'S WEEK and PRE-E3 RELEASES
- DriveClub [PS4 - October 7, 2014]
- Evolve [PS4, XO, PC - October 21, 2014]
- E3: 2014: Evolve is full of surprises [IGN]
- Evolve's New Hunters & Map Revealed [Game Informer]
- Evolve is making advances towards infinite replayability [Destructoid]
- Evolve's New Hunters Provide Four More Reasons To Get Excited About Evolve [GameSpot]
- The Order: 1886 [PS4 - Q1 2015]
- The Order: 1886 is a cover shooter with grand aspirations [Polygon]
- The Order: 1886 looks great from what little Sony will show us [Destructoid]
- Weapons and Rooks Interview [GameTrailers]
- Hands-on and Interview: The Order 1886's E3 demo showcases style over substance [CVG]
MONDAY, JUNE 9: PRESS CONFERENCES
TUESDAY, JUNE 10: SHOW FLOOR
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 11: SHOW FLOOR
THURSDAY, JUNE 12: SHOW FLOOR
Not just rumors, but "News Mill" just didn't sound as good.FACTS
- IGN's list of confirmed games
- Nintendo not holding press conference, announces Smash Bros. tournament and E3 plans
- EA Will Unveil a New Game for 2014 and six others for March 2015 and beyon
- Need For Speed confirmed to not appear at all
GameTrailers' "30 Days of E3": What to Expect from...
GT is starting a new video series for E3 called: "30 Days of E3; What to Expect from", where, for 30 Days, they will pick one game and answer these questions:
- What is it?
- What should we expect?
- Why should we care?
- Why should we worry?
- One thing you might not know.
It will end with a Top 10 of their Most Anticipated E3 Games on June 6th.
Day 1: Alien: Isolation
Day 2: Quantum Break
Day 3: Deep Down
Day 4: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Day 5: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Day 6: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Day 7: Sonic Boom
Day 8: Kingdom Hearts III
Day 9: Dragon Age: Inquisition
Day 10: Batman: Arkham Knight
Day 11: Rime
Day 12: Mirror's Edge 2
Day 13: No Man's Sky
Day 14: Evolve
Day 15: Lords of the Fallen
More Coming Soon.....................................
- - - Updated - - -
RUMOR: Sony E3 Conference Details Leaked: Uncharted, The Order, Guerrilla and more
We’re just a bit over a month to E3, and today a source that opted to remain anonymous contacted us to share what he alleges to be Sony Computer Entertainment’s plans for their press conference.
Our source mentioned that the information comes from contacts within Sony’s worldwide studios and a further contact at the BBH New York marketing firm, which works with Sony for part of its promotion.
The info reported below is awfully detailed, which is one of the reasons why we decided to publish it, but we were also able to confirm part of it with a second source. The double-sourced information is bolded, so while you should take everything with the customary grain of salt, the bolded parts stand on more solid ground than the rest.
SourceThe source also mentioned that the following publishers will be on stage: Rockstar (with Grand Theft Auto), Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix, Take Two.
(Update: our source followed up saying that he’s actually not 100% sure if Rockstar will actually be on stage or Sony will just announce the next generation Grand Theft Auto V on their behalf)
There will also big titles announced for the Instant Game Collection, a segment on Project Morpheus, one on the Sony Entertainment Network and a re-introduction of PlayStation Now. Price drops will also be unveiled for the PS3 and PS Vita.
We’ll also see several smaller-scale, downloadable titles. PS Vita Vita will get some attention, but not much – as it’ll be a PS4 show. PS3 will get a montage and few new titles. Finally, the show will close with a teaser of a sequel of The Last of Us.
Again, everything mentioned above should be taken with the skepticism usually reserved to rumors, but much of it is so specific that it’s hard to completely disbelieve it. Unfortunately we’ll have to wait for June to see if everything will check out, but one thing is for sure: Personally I really hope it will, because if this is really what Sony’s presser will look like, we’re in for a real treat.
- - - Updated - - -
RUMOR: Microsoft E3 Conference Details Leaked (Ryse 2, Epic exclusive, FH2, more)
- Ryse 2 is in development and will be announced at the show in a real-time in-game trailer. Gone is the Roman period, enter the medieval setting. The game will offer more freedom of exploration and a refined combat system. The main character is a sell-sword of sorts with a greater destiny. This game looks beyond belief. No release date (possibly late 2016)
- Forza Horizon 2 will be announced for release in October 2014 vai Playground Games. It will once again be open world and set in Louisiana, Missisips, New Mexico, Texas and Arkansas. Full day/night cycle, real time weather. Estimated 80 hour single player.
- 343 Industries will unveil Halo 2: Anniversary. This is a full (multiplayer included) visual makeover of Halo 2, it will also include the same options as Halo Anniversary (Including both visual modes) skulls etc. It will include the E3 2003 mission as a bonus unlockable and the maps from the PC version.
- No Turn 10 this year except in supportive capacity of Playground.
- Halo 5 will get its release date.
- Rare is prepping a re-boot of Battletoads and Perfect Dark. BT will initially be a download only title (see Killer Instinct) and is set to run at 60fps. Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.
- Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.
- Good Science Studios will unveil their Kinect Only game "EchoBlack" - The game is controlled via the use of Kinect and the player plots through an adventure game drawn as by echolocation. The vibrancy of the world depicted alters depending on the pitch, loudness and location of the players voice. No release date.
- Twisted Pixel will reveal their next digital game which is set in a sci-fantasy planet of Dekelsus. Possibly a 2.5D platformer.
- Black Tusk will have a CGI trailer for Gears of War : Lazurus which will show the direction the series is heading.
- Lift London will be showing 2 projects. They are small and digital based. No other details unfortunately.
- Lionhead will have a brief gameplay of Fable Legends and bow out with a teaser of their next project which is set in a post-cataclysmic Earth decimated by egg shaped objects (possibly aliens)
- Frontier Development is working on a family friendly Kinect title for release in 2014
- Phantom Dust : Sacrifice is being worked on by Grounding Inc and will be a prequel to the original. The game will be episodic in nature.
- Quantum Break will be out November 2014 - There is a multiplayer mode - Part 1 of a trilogy. The game has had a significant graphical upgrade since last year.
- Sunset Overdrive is aiming for release on the last weeks of August/Early September. Graphically it looks like the CG trailer and the Parkour element of the game is a mix of Sonic, Jet Set Radio and Ratchet and Clank.
- The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is "RugPuddle". This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future.
- Leap Experience Pioneers will announce their game which looks like a TPS/RPG hybrid set in a Sci-fi universe. Looks very Mass Effect inspired. COMING 2015
- Platform Next Games is a new studio. They will be presenting an unnamed tech demo based on an upcoming project (similar to Black Tusks demo last year) which appears to be set in either an ancient or fantasy setting.
- Games With Gold will be announced for Xbox One starting immediately. The aim is that it will be 1 retail game a month, 1 digital game per month of a choice of 2. This will evolve as time goes on.
- Microsoft will announce the date when retail units can be activated as development kits, it will be before October 2014.
- Crackdown: Skyline - Coming 2015 - No other info, not even the developer. Microsoft Studios.
- Multi-platforms are as follows:
The Division (Xbox One is now lead platform)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
EA game (not specified here)
Exclusive/Timed DLC on all.