User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: audiophiles...recommend me a good home theater sound system

  1. #1

    Question audiophiles...recommend me a good home theater sound system

    my budget is in the range of 75k - 80k tk. i will be hooking it up to a sony hdtv for movies and ps4 gaming. my room size is 15 ft by 15 ft. what is the best system i can buy in this range in dhaka?

    i am currently eyeing the sony bdv-n9200W. here is the link:

    http://www.sony-asia.com/productcate...theatre-system (click on models)


    is it a good system? or is it overkill for my room size?

    the quality of sound means more to me than the volume and i will make the purchase based on that.

  2. #2
    VIP Member
    • darkcrunk's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • ~10TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • HD 6570
      • Display:
      • Acer21 , Samsung 24
      • Sound Card:
      • Apollo UAD 2
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech
      • Mouse:
      • 2x
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake 775W
      • Operating System:
      • Win7
      • Comment:
      • :Works
      • ISP:
      • Smile/BDCOM/Link3/Telnet
      • Console:
      • 128
    darkcrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    You cannot buy "audiophile" home theater systems in this budget. A proper home theater reciever/amp will cost around that. (EXAMPLE)


    My suggestion is to buy the Logitech Z906, extremely good value for money and will lighten up your room when listening to music, watching movie or killing ladies of the night in GTA.


  3. #3
    Member
    • codename5302's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X99-UD5 Wifi
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5820K cooled by Custom Water Cooling
      • RAM:
      • 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung SM951 250GB, Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB, WD Red 6TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac 980Ti Amp Extreme
      • Display:
      • Iiyama Prolite XB2779QS, Acer GD245HQ 120Hz
      • Sound Card:
      • Fiio Andes E07K
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Z 5500/ Creative Aurvana Live/ Sennheiser HD558
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry Brown)
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500S, Perixx MX2000B, Logitech G400S
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft XBox 360 Controller, Saitek P2600
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair RM850
      • Optical Drive:
      • LG BluRay Drive, LG DVDRW Drive
      • UPS:
      • 2 * Prollink 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64Bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • ????
      • Comment:
      • It works!!
      • Console:
      • 154
    codename5302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    within this price range your only option is all in one systems. check LG or samsung. they have some good AIO in bangladesh but i think the good one will still be slightly out of your budget. sony aio are horrible at this price range (i tasted some at sony showroom)

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkcrunk View Post
    You cannot buy "audiophile" home theater systems in this budget. A proper home theater reciever/amp will cost around that. (EXAMPLE)


    My suggestion is to buy the Logitech Z906, extremely good value for money and will lighten up your room when listening to music, watching movie or killing ladies of the night in GTA.

    plz excuse my newbie reply but I have read bad things about the Z906's performance issue, mostly with its console. user forum of logitech is full of angry complaints on this model since 2011 to 2015 mentioning the system goes dead within a varying timespan of 3 days to 2/3 years. is it truly that bad? I wanted to buy the Z906 but some negative reviews desisted me & I am still confused....

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Moderator
    • minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55"
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps
    minitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    dhaka
    Posts
    4,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamtuner View Post
    plz excuse my newbie reply but I have read bad things about the Z906's performance issue, mostly with its console. user forum of logitech is full of angry complaints on this model since 2011 to 2015 mentioning the system goes dead within a varying timespan of 3 days to 2/3 years. is it truly that bad? I wanted to buy the Z906 but some negative reviews desisted me & I am still confused....

    Thanks
    the sound signature of logitech speakers is wayyy too crappy for anyone who prefers clarity at mid frequency and thats the frequency responsible to convey dialogs, voice and other important details in a sound source. On top of that the bass signature is not precise but so strong that it overpowers the other mid and high frequency.

    @cricplay at that budget see if u can get an amp with passive polk 2.1 speakers set from Gulshan 2 DC market 1st floor.

    u can also look at music world ( one of the oldest music gadget shop)
    BASHUNDHARA CITY SHOPPING MALL LEVEL: 06
    Last edited by minitt; October 15th, 2015 at 20:29.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minitt View Post
    the sound signature of logitech speakers is wayyy too crappy for anyone who prefers clarity at mid frequency and thats the frequency responsible to convey dialogs, voice and other important details in a sound source. On top of that the bass signature is not precise but so strong that it overpowers the other mid and high frequency.

    @cricplay at that budget see if u can get an amp with passive polk 2.1 speakers set from Gulshan 2 DC market 1st floor.

    u can also look at music world ( one of the oldest music gadget shop)
    BASHUNDHARA CITY SHOPPING MALL LEVEL: 06
    Thanks a Lot !

Similar Threads

  1. Sale (Used) F&D F5019-2 5.1 Home Theater Speaker system with remote
    By Ic3_STrik3R in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 24th, 2013, 19:49
  2. Recommend me a good 5.1 speaker system within 10K
    By ANGEL447 in forum Help - PC Buying
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 1st, 2013, 11:08
  3. Sale (Used) Bose Lifestyle 5 Home Theater
    By Kruger in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 4th, 2012, 22:38
  4. Sale (New) LG HT805SH Home Theater System for sale.
    By Arif69 in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 31st, 2011, 01:07
  5. Advice about buying home theater system
    By ronycmc in forum Others PC Hardware
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 26th, 2009, 01:26

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.19437 seconds with 14 queries.