User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Motherboard bending!!!!

  1. #1
    Member
    • Fox Mulder's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Rev 1.1 (Currently dead) | Intel DH55TC
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 3470 @ 3.8 Ghz (Currently not used) | intel Core i7 860 @ 3.3 GHz
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 2x4GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Western Digital Blue 1 Terrabyte
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X OC With Boost 3GB GDDR5 || Gigabyte GTX 680 Windforce 4GB
      • Display:
      • Philips 191EL 19" LED @77 Hz
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24 Bit
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair K70 RGB
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech 2X Click
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart 650W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • Spark Power (!) 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Build 10162
      • Comment:
      • It gets the job done!
      • ISP:
      • BracNet
      • Download Speed:
      • 1 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 1 Mbps
    Fox Mulder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    I don't live in a city.
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Motherboard bending!!!!

    Hmm the title says it all.. I was an AMD guy most of my life and wasn't an Intel fan but am not gonna go into that right now.. I've done a bit googling on the matter, but still wanna know the opinions from you guys, so here goes...

    I think all of us here n BG are familiar with intel's large stock cooling fans provided with the LGA 775 processors.. and some of the heavier cooling fans are very tight fit to the board thus causing the board to bend which intel said can happen and recommended installing the board on a mounted case to prevent this however the installation of the HSF on a mobo that's been mounted already to the chasis is a bit difficult.. and even boards that were mounted to the chasis got bent after the installation of the heavy cooler, now my question is, how many of you are aware of this problem? Is your system running fine even though the board is bent? have you faced any weird stability issues? and how long have you been running the system in this state? I've read that this bending can cause the soldering on the mobo to loosen and the key thing is shortening the mobo's longevity so I was wondering how many of you out there are aware of this and if you're aware of this are you facing any kinds of problems?

  2. #2
    Member
    • 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5KPL-AM
      • CPU:
      • Dual Core E5400
      • RAM:
      • Transcend + Kingston = 4 GB DDR2
      • Hard Drive:
      • 250 GB Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 + Samsung F3 500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Built-In
      • Display:
      • AOC F22 22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Live 4.1/Logitech G35
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • Delux
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Lite Power 400 Watts
      • Optical Drive:
      • BUSTED !
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 16GB
      • UPS:
      • DigitalX 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • Gave up on PC......at least for now
      • ISP:
      • IS PROS
      • Download Speed:
      • Average: 24 Kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • Average: 24 Kbps
      • Console:
      • 16
    йЦммєя³¹'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    +23° 45' 10.07", +90° 23' 5.39"
    Posts
    1,932

    Default Re: Motherboard bending!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ll-r_o_m_u_l_u_s-ll View Post
    Hmm the title says it all.. I was an AMD guy most of my life and wasn't an Intel fan but am not gonna go into that right now.. I've done a bit googling on the matter, but still wanna know the opinions from you guys, so here goes...

    I think all of us here n BG are familiar with intel's large stock cooling fans provided with the LGA 775 processors.. and some of the heavier cooling fans are very tight fit to the board thus causing the board to bend which intel said can happen and recommended installing the board on a mounted case to prevent this however the installation of the HSF on a mobo that's been mounted already to the chasis is a bit difficult.. and even boards that were mounted to the chasis got bent after the installation of the heavy cooler, now my question is, how many of you are aware of this problem? Is your system running fine even though the board is bent? have you faced any weird stability issues? and how long have you been running the system in this state? I've read that this bending can cause the soldering on the mobo to loosen and the key thing is shortening the mobo's longevity so I was wondering how many of you out there are aware of this and if you're aware of this are you facing any kinds of problems?
    OMG!!!
    didn't know about this
    so that's why while was tryin to de-attach the cooler for cleaning purpose
    it wouldn't budge
    even after i unscrewed all 4 turns nicely
    and after many tries forcefully it opened
    so what could be the solution?
    01000010011000010111101001101001011011100110011101100001001000010010000100100001 001000000011101001010000

  3. #3
    Member
    • avas911's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-EG41MF-US2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium Dual Core E6500 2.9 GHz 2MB L2 1066MHz FSB
      • RAM:
      • 2x2GB 800 MHz Apecer at 5-5-5-15
      • Hard Drive:
      • OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Sata III & Samsung 103SJ 1 TB F3
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire ATI RADEON HD6850 1GB GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Philips 107S7 17" at [email protected]
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In Realtek ALC883
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative SBS A200 / Cosonic Generic / Logitech Ultimate Ears 200vi/SoundMAGIC E10M IEM
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech X7 XL-747H 3600 DPI
      • Controller:
      • None
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta GPS-500AB A 500W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus 16x IDE DVD R
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 500 8GB & Corsair Survivor USB 3.0 16GB & Samsung Class 10 16GB mSDHC
      • UPS:
      • Rahimafrooz 600VA Premium
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Comment:
      • Slow in gaming
      • ISP:
      • Link3 512
      • Download Speed:
      • 70
      • Upload Speed:
      • 70
    avas911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mohammadpur
    Posts
    4,251

    Default Re: Motherboard bending!!!!

    it some times happens...seen some...but now the dual core/c2d coolers are really light....so no worries there....but havent had a mobo die cause of it...


    @йЦммєя³¹: you probably have dried up thermal paste there....bent mobo doesnt make your cooler stuck...


    And you are talking about Intel HSF.....think what will happen when you get something like Thermalright TRUE Copper Ultra-120 eXtreme.......

    Have a peak



    and it weights 1900g.......mane 1.9KG....:omg:

  4. #4
    Member
    • AmareX's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA P35 DS3L All Solod Capasitor OCMaster
      • CPU:
      • Intel E5200 OCed 4 GHz + ASUS Silent square Cooler
      • RAM:
      • Apogee 4 GB DDR2 1066 bus at dual channel
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1000 GB Samsung
      • Graphics Card:
      • Built in
      • Display:
      • LG Flatron W1942S 19" wide 16:10 LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtec 8 channel digital
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing 2:1 + Razer Barracuda 5:1 Headphone
      • Keyboard:
      • A4tech GameMaster
      • Mouse:
      • Verbatim Rapier V2 3200 DPI Laser
      • Controller:
      • XFX XGear
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 600W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVDRW + Samsung DVDROM
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 4 GB Pendrive
      • UPS:
      • Sendon Extreme 1000 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Comment:
      • I am satisfied :)
      • ISP:
      • GP
      • Download Speed:
      • 30
      • Upload Speed:
      • 30
    AmareX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between α and Ω.
    Posts
    3,034

    Default Re: Motherboard bending!!!!

    Well valo maner Cooler gular sathe backplate/back supporting thake (like Asus silent square/TT du-Orb). So Cooler joto tight e kora hok na keno, mobo bend hoyar chance nai.
    * বাংলাগেমার IRC Chat ব্যাবহার করুন, IRC খুব সামান্য ব্যান্ডউইথ ব্যাবহার করে।
    * কোন পোষ্ট ভাল লাগলে Rep+ দিয়ে পোষ্টারকে উৎসাহিত করুন।


  5. #5
    Member
    • 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5KPL-AM
      • CPU:
      • Dual Core E5400
      • RAM:
      • Transcend + Kingston = 4 GB DDR2
      • Hard Drive:
      • 250 GB Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 + Samsung F3 500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Built-In
      • Display:
      • AOC F22 22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Live 4.1/Logitech G35
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • Delux
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Lite Power 400 Watts
      • Optical Drive:
      • BUSTED !
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 16GB
      • UPS:
      • DigitalX 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • Gave up on PC......at least for now
      • ISP:
      • IS PROS
      • Download Speed:
      • Average: 24 Kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • Average: 24 Kbps
      • Console:
      • 16
    йЦммєя³¹'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    +23° 45' 10.07", +90° 23' 5.39"
    Posts
    1,932

    Default Re: Motherboard bending!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by avas911 View Post
    it some times happens...seen some...but now the dual core/c2d coolers are really light....so no worries there....but havent had a mobo die cause of it...


    @йЦммєя³¹: you probably have dried up thermal paste there....bent mobo doesnt make your cooler stuck...


    And you are talking about Intel HSF.....think what will happen when you get something like Thermalright TRUE Copper Ultra-120 eXtreme.......

    Have a peak



    and it weights 1900g.......mane 1.9KG....:omg:
    so what should i do about it?
    get thermal paste???
    01000010011000010111101001101001011011100110011101100001001000010010000100100001 001000000011101001010000

  6. #6
    Member
    • AmareX's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA P35 DS3L All Solod Capasitor OCMaster
      • CPU:
      • Intel E5200 OCed 4 GHz + ASUS Silent square Cooler
      • RAM:
      • Apogee 4 GB DDR2 1066 bus at dual channel
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1000 GB Samsung
      • Graphics Card:
      • Built in
      • Display:
      • LG Flatron W1942S 19" wide 16:10 LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtec 8 channel digital
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing 2:1 + Razer Barracuda 5:1 Headphone
      • Keyboard:
      • A4tech GameMaster
      • Mouse:
      • Verbatim Rapier V2 3200 DPI Laser
      • Controller:
      • XFX XGear
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 600W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVDRW + Samsung DVDROM
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 4 GB Pendrive
      • UPS:
      • Sendon Extreme 1000 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Comment:
      • I am satisfied :)
      • ISP:
      • GP
      • Download Speed:
      • 30
      • Upload Speed:
      • 30
    AmareX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between α and Ω.
    Posts
    3,034

    Default Re: Motherboard bending!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by йЦммєя³¹ View Post
    so what should i do about it?
    get thermal paste???
    Getting some normal thermal paste wont help, they will also dry and stuck someday. You can use some top notch Tpaste, like AS5/Matrix/ Liquid Pros Liquid metal (better than AS5 but costs almost double). BG te TT er TG1/TG2 paoya jay, temon valo na but better than non brand normal paste.
    Laugh if you want, but once I used some hair Gel (Revlon hard) as a experiment/emergency, and it worked fine
    Another thing, apply the paste properly, dont apply too much and spread it equally.
    * বাংলাগেমার IRC Chat ব্যাবহার করুন, IRC খুব সামান্য ব্যান্ডউইথ ব্যাবহার করে।
    * কোন পোষ্ট ভাল লাগলে Rep+ দিয়ে পোষ্টারকে উৎসাহিত করুন।


Similar Threads

  1. Best SLI MotherBoard in Bangladesh....
    By FATAL1TY in forum Motherboard
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 6th, 2010, 13:12
  2. Want to Buy 945 chipset motherboard
    By excalibar in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 21st, 2010, 02:00
  3. Replies: 120
    Last Post: October 21st, 2009, 15:13
  4. Best P35 motherboard in BD?
    By andalib13 in forum Motherboard
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2009, 22:02
  5. Sale (Used) Motherboard for sell
    By CHR.XR in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: July 17th, 2009, 01:42

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.20387 seconds with 14 queries.