User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Power Supplies for Sapphire HD 7870 GHZ EDITION

  1. #1

    Default Power Supplies for Sapphire HD 7870 GHZ EDITION

    Hey Brows!

    So i need a help with this new Gfx i bought...

    so my qus is :

    Can i run Sapphire HD 7870 GHZ EDITION with my stock Power suply? its
    Thermaltak
    e 450W! I saw alot of post regarding i can, but i'm still kinda confused abut it!

    Help much Appreciated.....


    - - - Updated - - -

    Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit


    CPU
    Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz


    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz


    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V (LGA1155)


    Hard Drives
    932GB Hitachi HDS721010DLE630 (SATA)


    Optical Drives
    ASUS DRW-24B3ST
    DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device


    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

  2. #2
    Member HAWX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionic_rid View Post
    Hey Brows!

    So i need a help with this new Gfx i bought...

    so my qus is :

    Can i run Sapphire HD 7870 GHZ EDITION with my stock Power suply? its
    Thermaltak
    e 450W! I saw alot of post regarding i can, but i'm still kinda confused abut it!

    Help much Appreciated.....


    - - - Updated - - -

    Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit


    CPU
    Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz


    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz


    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V (LGA1155)


    Hard Drives
    932GB Hitachi HDS721010DLE630 (SATA)


    Optical Drives
    ASUS DRW-24B3ST
    DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device


    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    yeah I think you can . but a 500W unit is recommended for 7870 ghz edition . if you don't overclock your processor you'll be fine .otherwise i suggest you to get a 500W PSU . why take the risk ???

  3. #3
    Member
    • terrygr8_007's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASrock z77 extreme4
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i5 3550 cooled by CM hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 2x4GB 1600BUS
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda st 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD7850 OC edition
      • Sound Card:
      • built-in
      • Power Supply:
      • CM GX650
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    519

    Default

    @bionic_rid ki ridwan ahmed?

  4. #4

    Default

    Yes! its me!! :S

    - - - Updated - - -

    Litepower 450W ..that's why i'm Coufused .. anyways! Thnx mate!

    - - - Updated - - -

    So Thermaltake litepower 450w psu supports sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition?? Yaay or Nay?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Anyways thnx man! getting a Thermaltake smart 630w for the gfx card


  5. #5
    Member
    • redwan hasan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B75 Pro-3 M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600 + CM Hyper 412S
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 1333MHz 16GB (4GB*4)
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 2TB 6Gb/s, Hitachi 1TB 3Gb/s, Samsung 320GB 3Gb/s
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX660OC 2GB
      • Display:
      • Asus MX239H
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek ALC892
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 2400 2:1, Skullcandy 50/50
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech KBS21
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech X7
      • Controller:
      • Generic XBOX Clone
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX750
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW 24 B3ST
      • UPS:
      • Power Gaurd 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64bit. Ubuntu 14.10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Waiting on new system.
      • ISP:
      • Link3 5Mbps
    redwan hasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    its not good to rely on a litepower to run a 200W GPU.

    and yuup getting a 630W would be better.

  6. #6
    Member
    • terrygr8_007's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASrock z77 extreme4
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i5 3550 cooled by CM hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 2x4GB 1600BUS
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda st 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD7850 OC edition
      • Sound Card:
      • built-in
      • Power Supply:
      • CM GX650
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionic_rid View Post
    Yes! its me!! :S

    - - - Updated - - -

    Litepower 450W ..that's why i'm Coufused .. anyways! Thnx mate!

    - - - Updated - - -

    So Thermaltake litepower 450w psu supports sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition?? Yaay or Nay?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Anyways thnx man! getting a Thermaltake smart 630w for the gfx card

    you also need to get some bilai (Pushy)

    iti
    tmr chotbelar bondhu

  7. #7
    Member
    • furiousTaher's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus z170p || Asus p8 P67m pro
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700k || i5 2400
      • RAM:
      • 2 x Ripjaws 8gb 3200C16D 16GVKB || (Transcend 4gb + Adata 4gb) 1333
      • Hard Drive:
      • Evo 850 250gb + Toshiba 2tb || WD 500gb blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac gtx 1060 amp || Sapphire r7 260x 1GB
      • Display:
      • Asus vx229h ||Samsung 21.5" S22A300B
      • Sound Card:
      • Xonar dgx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 223 || AltecLansing VS2621 + a4tech hs100
      • Mouse:
      • a4tech x7
      • Power Supply:
      • Adata HM 850w || Thermaltek 600 TR2 S
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus dvd writer 24x max
      • USB Devices:
      • Phantom 240 red/black || Vatyn 664b (Tyrannosaurus)
      • UPS:
      • Power guard 1200va
      • Comment:
      • :D
    furiousTaher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    8,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionic_rid View Post
    Yes! its me!! :S

    - - - Updated - - -

    Litepower 450W ..that's why i'm Coufused .. anyways! Thnx mate!

    - - - Updated - - -

    So Thermaltake litepower 450w psu supports sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition?? Yaay or Nay?
    litepower sucks.

    good job smart 630w enough for 7870, okay for even xfire

  8. #8

    Default

    Guess what Brow's!! Finally Got Toughpower 650W!!! xD

    - - - Updated - - -

    Areeeehhh

  9. #9
    Member HAWX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionic_rid View Post
    Guess what Brow's!! Finally Got Toughpower 650W!!! xD

    - - - Updated - - -

    Areeeehhh
    Niceeeeee .. that's a big leap from a 450W
    Last edited by HAWX; December 14th, 2013 at 17:26.

Similar Threads

  1. MSI GTX 660 or Sapphire 7870 GHz OC??????????
    By HAWX in forum Help - PC Buying
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 21st, 2013, 01:02
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: March 5th, 2013, 18:30
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 20th, 2012, 15:22
  4. Want to Buy Damaged old Power Supplies with large 120mm fan
    By VANGUARD in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 20th, 2012, 20:37
  5. Understanding Power Supplies...
    By HolySlayer in forum Others PC Hardware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 21st, 2008, 13:29

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.20995 seconds with 14 queries.