User Tag List

Thread: Coming Back to Dhaka After 5 Years. The Best gaming ISP in Dhanmondi as of now is?

Default Coming Back to Dhaka After 5 Years. The Best gaming ISP in Dhanmondi as of now is?

Ok guys, here's the situation

I've been abroad studying the past five years and I'm coming home permanently next week. When I left Dhaka back in '08, I was signed up to BDcom and i used to get a measly 30 to 50 Kilbobytes a sec (I'm wont even go into the latency issues). I used to come back once a year for a month or so, so i didn't really care about what speeds we were getting at home.

Now, since I'm coming back for good I require an ISP to satisfy my horrible internet addiction.

I consider myself more of a home power user so i need the best possible latency, lowest ping (online console and pc gaming, video streaming and continuously downloading in the background). Speed for me is not that big of an issue as long as I get around 200 or so kilobytes a sec.

Anyways, last year or so my parents switched to LINK3. I think they are on the cheapest plan. My budget is somewhere around Tk.3000 (I'm flexible if its really worth it). I live near road 27 Dhanmondi.

ANY and ALL suggestions will be useful. Seriously.

thanks
    mgs
    Last edited by mgs; November 16th, 2013 at 01:29.

• ochin's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI H61
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 2100 3.1ghz
      • RAM:
      • 2gb ddr3 1333mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7850 OC
      • Display:
      • philips 224el2sb 21.5"
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake smart 550w
      • ISP:
      • qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 124kpbs
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    Ok guys, here's the situation

I've been abroad studying the past five years and I'm coming home permanently next week. When I left Dhaka back in '08, I was signed up to BDcom and i used to get a measly 30 to 50 Kilbobytes a sec (I'm wont even go to go into the latency issues). I used to come back once a year for a month or so, so i didn't really care about what speeds we were getting at home.

Now, since I'm coming back for good I require an ISP to satisfy my horrible internet addiction.

I consider myself more of a home power user so i need the best possible latency, lowest ping (online console and pc gaming, video streaming and continuously downloading in the background). Speed for me is not that big of an issue as long as around 200 or so kilobytes a sec.

Anyways, last year or so my parents switched to LINK3. I think they are on the cheapest plan. My budget is somewhere around Tk.3000 (I'm flexible if its really worth it). I live near road 27 Dhanmondi.

ANY and ALL suggestions will be useful. Seriously.

thanks
    mgs
    I left qubee and took link3 this January and it was great back then.now its just like qubee all crappy thats because of the increasing number of customers.We get very high local pings nowadays and its not stable until its midnight(around 2am)

Id suggest u to get dot internet I heard from many users that its great but as soon as the demand will go up theyll be end up just like l3 thats the trend in BD.

but ull surely get enough speed if u take 1.5mbps NDP(8pm-8am 3mbps) its the package im using now the speed fluctuates from 310-360kbps at night and morning its 150kbps.

Quote Originally Posted by ochin View Post
    I left qubee and took link3 this January and it was great back then.now its just like qubee all crappy thats because of the increasing number of customers.We get very high local pings nowadays and its not stable until its midnight(around 2am)

Id suggest u to get dot internet I heard from many users that its great but as soon as the demand will go up theyll be end up just like l3 thats the trend in BD.

but ull surely get enough speed if u take 1.5mbps NDP(8pm-8am 3mbps) its the package im using now the speed fluctuates from 310-360kbps at night and morning its 150kbps.
    thanks for the reply. it seems to me that the only way to maintain a stable connection is to switch ISPs every couple of months. Anyways, so LINK3 is not worth it anymore? I've been skimming through these forums and a few other names popped up like Mazeda. Are they any good? and hows Dot's customer service?

• MuntZ's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H170 HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6500 Quad Coer 3.2 GHz
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 2 X 8 GB 2133 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB, WD 3 TB, Hitachi 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DC II 4 GB OC
      • Display:
      • Benq RL2755HM 27" Full HD LED 1 ms response time
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Razer Leviathan, Audio Technica ATH M50x, GX Gaming Cavimanus
      • Mouse:
      • Steerseries Sensei RAW
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX 600
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung USB DVD Writer
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • Love It
      • ISP:
      • TPG
      • Download Speed:
      • 3.36 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 0.23 Mbps

Hi! I live at Lalmatia and had used Mazeda for over 2 years. But Mazeda is not as cost effective as Link3. And though I remember they have a very good customer support they also had line problem, ex, net down, cable got stolen etc and these problems were frequent. The speed was not that good, I was not at all satisfied with the price I was paying still I went on for so long with Mazeda was for their fantastic FTP Server which had almost all the movies, tv shows and games and was updated. I used to get 8-10 MBps yes Megabyte per second dl speed at the FTP. But eventually I got frustrated and decided to switch. I switched to Link3. I hardly have any line problem and astonishingly their "Cable" never got "Stolen", at least in my area. I have a 1.5 Mbps Night Doubler package which gives double speed from 8 pm to 8 am. I get around 350 KBps dl time at night. It costs 2800 tk per month. I use torrentbd and dl anything I want. In terms of speed and customer service I dont have any complaint with Link3. The only problem is you have to pay their monthly bill in AB Bank. They dont send people to collect their bill from you.

• 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG41RQ/ Laptop HP Pavillion g4
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2Q - 2.6Ghz/ Amd Bulldozer 2.7Ghz (Laptop)
      • RAM:
      • 4 GB/ 8GB (Laptop)
      • Hard Drive:
      • 6TB ( 5 Harddisk) / 750GB (Laptop)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Nvdia GT240 1 GB / Amd Radeon HD 7250 (Laptop)
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19'inch LED / 15.6" LED (Laptop)
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 5.1/Skullcandy Aviator
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech / Logitech
      • Controller:
      • XboX 360
      • Power Supply:
      • 430W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung
      • USB Devices:
      • USB LAN
      • UPS:
      • Appolo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 32-BiT
      • ISP:
      • DotInternet
      • Download Speed:
      • 1mb/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 1mb/s
      • Console:

mgs
    What do u want to know abt Dot Internet ? Im here to Help...

Founder at VoidWorks
    FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/voidworks.digital.agency
    //------------------------------------------------------------------------------\\

Playing Dota 2, CS:GO and other Strategy and FPS games is my hobby

Quote Originally Posted by MuntZ View Post
    Hi! I live at Lalmatia and had used Mazeda for over 2 years. But Mazeda is not as cost effective as Link3. And though I remember they have a very good customer support they also had line problem, ex, net down, cable got stolen etc and these problems were frequent. The speed was not that good, I was not at all satisfied with the price I was paying still I went on for so long with Mazeda was for their fantastic FTP Server which had almost all the movies, tv shows and games and was updated. I used to get 8-10 MBps yes Megabyte per second dl speed at the FTP. But eventually I got frustrated and decided to switch. I switched to Link3. I hardly have any line problem and astonishingly their "Cable" never got "Stolen", at least in my area. I have a 1.5 Mbps Night Doubler package which gives double speed from 8 pm to 8 am. I get around 350 KBps dl time at night. It costs 2800 tk per month. I use torrentbd and dl anything I want. In terms of speed and customer service I dont have any complaint with Link3. The only problem is you have to pay their monthly bill in AB Bank. They dont send people to collect their bill from you.
    Hey Muntz, thanks for the reply... and the advice. Mazeda's out of question then lol. I really dont need an FTP server, I already have 10TB of stuff I've downloaded over the years. So, if that's all Mazeda is good for, they are clearly not worth it

The thing is parents have link3 and they complain that its unstable sometimes (we use skype/viber to talk).
    Is it because they are on the cheapest plan? or can i expect some "delays" from them on a regular basis? Finally, hows your latency?

Quote Originally Posted by F€L€$ View Post
    mgs
    What do u want to know abt Dot Internet ? Im here to Help...
    Hey F€L€$, thanks for the reply as well I've seen you around all the forums and I'm going to assume you work for/with Dot.

I do a lot of pc gaming. I've read that Dot's foreign servers have low pings which is a good thing, however I do a lot of ps3 online gaming as well. Hows the latency to the PlayStation servers?

Furthermore, how consistent is dot? Let me rephrase that: what kind up up-time/latency/speeds can I realistically expect?

Finally, could you elaborate on the set up costs if I switch from Link3 and suggest a package that suits me?

Again, thanks
    Last edited by mgs; November 16th, 2013 at 14:51.

Quote Originally Posted by ochin View Post

dot internet,is this a new isp? did anyone use it among your friends?

• MuntZ's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H170 HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6500 Quad Coer 3.2 GHz
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 2 X 8 GB 2133 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB, WD 3 TB, Hitachi 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DC II 4 GB OC
      • Display:
      • Benq RL2755HM 27" Full HD LED 1 ms response time
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Razer Leviathan, Audio Technica ATH M50x, GX Gaming Cavimanus
      • Mouse:
      • Steerseries Sensei RAW
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX 600
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung USB DVD Writer
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • Love It
      • ISP:
      • TPG
      • Download Speed:
      • 3.36 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 0.23 Mbps

Well I also face problem sometimes when talking to my uncle at England via Skype. But I have faced little problem with my sister in Australia. Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand was good too in Viber. But singapore was bad on skype and England was definitely bad and is still bad. Dont know what package your parents are on and where they talk. I guess you will face a bit problem no matter which ISP you take. I dont think Link3 being a bit cheap results in a delay. Check if any other device is on wifi or not. And btw submarine cable maintenance and cut down also turns down the net and had happened 2/3 times per year. That may also cause delays. Btw Dot seems interesting. P:S: I cannot inform you about latency issues and other online gaming issues with Link3 cause I dont do online gaming.

• 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • 4 GB/ 8GB (Laptop)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech / Logitech
      • Controller:
      • XboX 360
      • Power Supply:
      • 430W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung
      • USB Devices:
      • USB LAN
      • UPS:
      • Appolo
      • Operating System:
      • ISP:
      • DotInternet
      • Download Speed:
      • 1mb/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 1mb/s
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    Hey Muntz, thanks for the reply... and the advice. Mazeda's out of question then lol. I really dont need an FTP server, I already have 10TB of stuff I've downloaded over the years. So, if that's all Mazeda is good for, they are clearly not worth it

The thing is parents have link3 and they complain that its unstable sometimes (we use skype/viber to talk).
    Is it because they are on the cheapest plan? or can i expect some "delays" from them on a regular basis? Finally, hows your latency?

Hey F€L€$, thanks for the reply as well I've seen you around all the forums and I'm going to assume you work for/with Dot.

I do a lot of pc gaming. I've read that Dot's foreign servers have low pings which is a good thing, however I do a lot of ps3 online gaming as well. Hows the latency to the PlayStation servers?

Furthermore, how consistent is dot? Let me rephrase that: what kind up up-time/latency/speeds can I realistically expect?

Finally, could you elaborate on the set up costs if I switch from Link3 and suggest a package that suits me?

Again, thanks
    So, Can u tell me what Games do u play? If u play games on PS3, u wont be having any problem. We have Users who play Games Online on PS3, like COD, BF...
    If you want to know the latency of any specific game.. then plz post the IP address here.. or the site name...

We provide 24hours connection... no disconnecting issues.... nor bandwidth issues... like ur expecting around 900kbps on 1024kbs... and we are giving 600kbps nothing like that.. we are sure you will get more than u expect...

So what package are you using in Link3 ??

And we have our own FTP Server where ull get 100mbps speed... that is 10-12mb/s.. on any downloads...

we have new upcoming services--
    * Live TV
    * Online HD Movie Streaming Server

Thanks.

Founder at VoidWorks
    //------------------------------------------------------------------------------\\

Default Check With Tigers Net

Hey,
    I am using Tiger net, which is pretty good...plan seems real too... you could get in touch with them, I am using 3mb 24/7 for 3500 TK only no day night bindings....moreover if you ask them they can hook you up with underground cabling and short pitch which will enable less cable cut scenario.. I hook up my 360 and seems awesome...Even one of my friend uses their dedicated 1mb with real ip for 3000 only which makes no sharing with other users and also vlan port as he requested so broadcasting/lan attack problem is not there and yahoo it is smooth.... give them a buzz in 0119-555-4721 or check them in ttclbd dot com....

• 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • 4 GB/ 8GB (Laptop)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech / Logitech
      • Controller:
      • XboX 360
      • Power Supply:
      • 430W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung
      • USB Devices:
      • USB LAN
      • UPS:
      • Appolo
      • Operating System:
      • ISP:
      • DotInternet
      • Download Speed:
      • 1mb/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 1mb/s
      • Console:

zayed1981

kon Area te provide kore?? oder routing ki ??

Founder at VoidWorks

Default Best Speed

Quote Originally Posted by FǀL$ View Post
    zayed1981

kon Area te provide kore?? oder routing ki ??
    I took in Baily road and my friend has it in Banani, as I spoke with them they told me they can provide in any area in Dhaka city... They are using ITC route I guess..... But for me worked out VLAN port solution as no broadcasting...they understood what I am talking with... even the server I am playing I gave them that origination and it is smoooth, I donno what they did but I am happy to have less latency.......