Hello everyone. For many days, we all have been thinking about a DotA league. It will start in an amature level, but hopefully, will quickly move on to semi-proffessional and Proffessional level.
I have thought about the following rules, regulations and format for the league. Please feel FREE to comment and suggest.
1. The league will have 12 teams.
2. Each team will have a 'home gorund' (game cafe).
3. Each team will play all the other teams twice, once at 'home', the other at 'away'. A whole week will be given to the teams to have the 2 matches.
4. One home match will consist of 2 -XL mode games.
5. 1 point to be awarded for winning each game. So in a a full match between 2 teams (home and away), 4 points will be awarded in total.
6. Each team can register 5 to 8 players. There will be a 50 taka registration fee for each player.
7. A player will be bound to his team for the present league, but can change team at the end of the league.
8. BG will nominate 2 referees for a full match. Any 1 of them will have to be the official referee for that match.
9. The home team will have to update the result in the site and upload the replay as well.
10. All teams are encouraged to find their own sponsors for the league. BG will also try to arrange for sponsors for them.
11. The map for the tournament will be 6.52, until 6.52b comes out, then it will be 6.52b.
12. The league will start on 18th may. Registration starts from tomorrow.
13. Teams will have to pay for their own playing time.
14. A team giving walkover will result in an automatic loss and a 5 point penalty. The other team will get winner's point.
(update by salman)
Check out the homepage for Online Registration.