Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you CAMP?

• xK::CREATOR's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 duo E7200, 2.5 ghz of clockspeed, 3mb of L2 cache, 1033 mhz FSB
      • RAM:
      • 2 gb trancend, 800 mhz bus | Baraite chai, shamortho nai.
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung 160 gb sata
      • Graphics Card:
      • xfx 8500 GT
      • Display:
      • 17" dell e178wf lcd <--- if it were a ladeh, she would have definitely been my wife.
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in.
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic.
      • Keyboard:
      • Naah, i am more into guitars..
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Salmosa
      • Controller:
      • None.
      • Power Supply:
      • Delux 450 watt | power tree UPS | Rahim afrooz IPS | Italian power substation
      • Optical Drive:
      • Fibre optic er naam shunsi.. optical drive kya cheese hain ?? :S
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Naah, i'd rather preffer sitting on chairs.
      • Comment:
      • Shobai to shukhi hote chaye.. tobu keu shukhi hoy, keu hoyna.. :'(
      • ISP:
      • Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • 40~
      • Upload Speed:
      • 40~

Question Do you CAMP?

How many times have you been sitting out a round after dying, watching the timer tick down the remaining minutes, and thought 'What the heck are they playing at?' As you watch one guy hunt round the map, while his last remaining opponent sits tight in a corner somewhere, being very well hidden. Basically....camping. Today, this article is all about camping. By the way, it is CAMPING. not CAMPAIGNING. I used to make this mistake a lot. ( lol ZEUS bhai. )

It seems in CS that many people are pretty quick to judge and tell other players exactly how to play CS. Calls of phrases such as camping losers, arent really to hard to come by when you play Counter-Strike in a gaming cafe, specially amateurish ones like blizzard. I personally try to be on my very best behaviour and not do this, although even I succumb to the need to do galibaji another player, on occasion.

The only time people will catch me giving galis to a camper is when the camping is somewhat un-necessay. Like people camping in the most ridiculous places such as at the top of ladders, in vent systems that only have one way to get in/out (infact, probably most vent systems in CS, now I think about it, example : assualt_lith) and other similar points in maps, that just don't have any bearing on the objectives of the players/teams. This, in my view, is just a lame strategy and too boring. It involves no skill, the player obviously isn't trying to complete or carry out any objectives and is just a wastage of time to a good game. This is what I would call 'static camping'/ 'ochol camping' it involves no skill whatsoever and is plain dull.

I do, however, feel that camping is ok when players are obviously carrying out tasks that are needed in order for their team to win the round. Like Counter-Terrorists guarding bomb sites against in-coming Terrorists, or vise versa, Terrorists defending/holding hostages against Counter-Terrorists. I believe this is ok because if the attacking team (Ts on bomb, CTs on hostage maps) are well enough organized and can work together, this then becomes a good match, where tactics are essential and the better team will win.

With the use of HE grenades and Flashbang grenades, a well organized attacking team should enjoy the challenge of breaking down enemy defenses. Although some people, no matter what circumstances will curse opponents for 'doing their job'. That is camping.

Why should Counter-Terrorists rush into oncoming Terrorists, and risk the possibility of dying (and therefore losing the round), when they could work as a team, guard the bombsites and win the round effectively? The answer is, in my opinion (again), that they shouldn't rush in if they don't want to. It's kind of like players who choose to use the magnum, it's their prerogative, yet people still attack whatever option they choose.

The same can be said about Terrorists guarding hostages, it's totally acceptable. Come on! Do not care about the opponent cursing you. At the end of the day, only the winning team walks away with the victory. So try whatever you can to win the game. So it is common to listen to comments like : "be a man!" / "charge!" / "rush" / "中中 thakle aga.." etc. Do not care. Do your job.

Now it is time to listen to your comments. So please feel free to drop by and provide feedback about this article. As i missed by dinner writing this.

That's it, I am out to have dinner.

hmm.. a good post... i admire your patience to write a BIG thing like that.. and good points made too which will help players who are a bit new to the game to understand when camping is a "necessity" and when it is "super lame.. :\" .. i do hate people who camp for no reason and does that EVERY SINGLE ROUND even maybe with a glock or something.. but in real matches cts are always camping and so are ts when they take a site.. but in pubs and un-serious matches (not scrims) i dont like to camp unless im trying to improve a particular skill or i would like to better hold that area.. otherwise i prefer to just rush and kill so to end the round quickly which results in more practice (note: of aim and reflex.. not team work and holding positions) .. oh.. and if someone flames you for camping for the good reasons then he is just a n00b..

• Motherboard:
      • gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung 160 gb sata
      • Graphics Card:
      • xfx 8500 GT
      • Display:
      • 17" dell e178wf lcd <--- if it were a ladeh, she would have definitely been my wife.
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in.
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic.
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Salmosa
      • Controller:
      • None.
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • 40~
      • Upload Speed:
      • 40~

Why i decided to write all this?

I started doing camping from last year's December. I got carried away by the new concept and i started to do camping everywhere. Even in maps like Nyareena.

Then gradually i learned a lot from forums like these and came to an conclusion. Camping is necessary. It is like redwine. A proper dosage can save a heart patient's life : here it is a life saver. But it can also get you drunk if you do not know what you are doing. Ok, i know bad example / metaphor.

The idea of writing this article struck inside me today as i just had played cs_office in assualt 9/11 as a terrorist by camping. We spread out in different room corners guarding the hostages. The CTs were getting their a$$ kicked no matter whatever strategy they came up with. They used different entrance , approaches, charges, flash and grenades but the terrorists were just too prepared. We won like 21- 22 to nil. LOL.

VIP Member
    • SinEater's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K-VM
      • CPU:
      • Pentium E 2200
      • RAM:
      • 6 GB DDR2, 800 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500 GB + 500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 450 GTX
      • Display:
      • Samsung 933SN LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek, integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • T6200 5.1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Lycosa, Razer Arctosa
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Lachesis, Razer Death Adder L/H
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft SideWinder
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair 650 W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus Combo Drive
      • ISP:
      • Qubee 1mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Camping is necessary in every CS games, by ONE team, not both. I see players in Sniper playing Terrorist in de_dust and camping at base with Magnum. These are the things that prompts me to buy an SMG next round and empty the 50 rounds on that team mate..
    Click here to find out how a noob plays the Anti Mage

Honesty and Modesty were the best policy...they still are.
    A single stupid man can ask more questions than a thousand wise men can answer
    <nfs>.......for life..

• Motherboard:
      • gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung 160 gb sata
      • Graphics Card:
      • xfx 8500 GT
      • Display:
      • 17&quot; dell e178wf lcd &lt;--- if it were a ladeh, she would have definitely been my wife.
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in.
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic.
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Salmosa
      • Controller:
      • None.
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • 40~
      • Upload Speed:
      • 40~

Generally, the attacking team does the camping. like CTs in hostage maps and Ts in bombing maps. But it is fun when both team camps in general non hostage/ non bomb maps. FUN. nothing else.

I do have a bad experience in sniper. Galid bhai you should remember, the day i went to sniper, i gave it a shot and played cs with the sniper players. Obviously that was the first time i was playing the newer CSS version. So i was getting pawned. How? in de_dust2, the terrorist were targetting at the far door using AWP and whenever i walked across it, i got shot. pathetic.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    should not i get some reputation for this article?

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Eater View Post
    CI see players in Sniper playing Terrorist in de_dust and camping at base with Magnum.
    thats pretty lame..
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CREATOR View Post
    The idea of writing this article struck inside me today as i just had played cs_office in assualt 9/11 as a terrorist by camping. We spread out in different room corners guarding the hostages. The CTs were getting their a$$ kicked no matter whatever strategy they came up with. They used different entrance , approaches, charges, flash and grenades but the terrorists were just too prepared. We won like 21- 22 to nil. LOL.
    you just playes cs in assault ?? at THAT time of the night??

anyway.. camping thik moto korle it will be hard to enter no doubt.. but ist not impossible although it is a lot harder for the cts.. they'll have to smoke/flash primarily with all the players buying these and pre-nade/fire tero hot spots for camping ..
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CREATOR View Post
    in de_dust2, the terrorist were targetting at the far door using AWP and whenever i walked across it, i got shot. pathetic.
    yeah.. good players do that all the time as ts on d2.. try to smoke double doors if you can (as cts of course) to make it hard for the t picker to see and if you cant smoke then jump across along the rock to the right when your facing B from ct spawn and try to vary your route each round so that the picker cant guess where which path you will be taking next.. that way he will adjust his aim to hit you which requires more time and thus is significantly harder .. on the otherhand its bliss if you can get an hs through the door as the cts are passing by.. (as i t i mean) and beside trying to hit the ct through the door you can try to hit him WHILE YOU SEE HIM THROUGH THE SMALL GAP .. this is EXTREMELY difficult to say the least and requires inhuman reflexes.. lol.. i personally dont think its possible to gap shot purely on reaction while the ct is RUNNING across (not jumping) with some light gun/knife .. but you can get the gap shot some times luckily.. successfully do that and the opponent is gonna go berserk!!! :o

ow crap.. that was off-topic..

• Motherboard:
      • gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung 160 gb sata
      • Graphics Card:
      • xfx 8500 GT
      • Display:
      • 17&quot; dell e178wf lcd &lt;--- if it were a ladeh, she would have definitely been my wife.
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in.
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic.
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Salmosa
      • Controller:
      • None.
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • 40~
      • Upload Speed:
      • 40~

no it wasnt off topic. Thanks for the tips. Going to implement them as soon as i play de_dust again.

you just playes cs in assault ?? at THAT time of the night??
    when did mention the time ? let alone specifically "night"?

the name of the cafe is : " assault 9/11"

SenSei
    • SenSeiFAR's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Satellite L505D-S5992
      • CPU:
      • AMD Turion II Dual Core
      • RAM:
      • DDR3 SD 3GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Radeon 4200 graphics with shared memory
      • Display:
      • Toshiba 15.6 LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • SteelSeries Siberia USB Sound Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • SteelSeries Siberia In Ear / Razer Moray+
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K200
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Mamba
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RumblePad 2 (x2)
      • Power Supply:
      • No clue
      • Optical Drive:
      • San Disk 4 gb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • ISP:
      • SBC [at&amp;t]
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

The Creator, I would love to quote you, but that would mean, copying everything you said. =]. Now i may be younger than MOST people here, hell than all here, but I do know CSS, and I know it better than many. =]. And camping is well, this is what I always say about CSS. It's a game where it means different to different players, now if you play complete n00bz, they will NOT buy a Deagle or a AWP, but you face a person who played for a few months he will buy a Deagle and an AWP. Then go to a person who played for a year, he will not buy a Deagle or an AWP, but a person who's played for years may buy em. So, the same goes for camping. If you play against n00bz, they will charge, but if it's people who played for a few months they will camp. Players who played for a few years will decide on their opponents and team whether to charge or camp, usually they charge, like some people who thought like you joined the recent NSU tournament at Xtream, they lost 20-0, coz they camped, and team like Beshi Baje, Swatz, Coffee House, Kamemazi, Team Evolution (our team), charged and we won. =]. So do you still wannna camp? And yes, camping may help, but in a real match, it's 3 mins, do you still wanna camp? Do you wanna be the person everyone yells at? WEll, it's up to you, I know a player like that, and can't stand him, Coz it's retarded, enjoy camping. =]

• xk Raziel's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus 945
      • CPU:
      • P4 3GHz
      • RAM:
      • 3GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 60GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 8800GTS
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17
      • Sound Card:
      • Builtin
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • 4:1
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech
      • Power Supply:
      • 420W
      • Comment:
      • Piece of crap :(

"kamemazi" lolz..

the Other One

So u guys don't camp on the bomb sites when your counter terrorists? Hmm... very pro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SenSei
    • SenSeiFAR's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Satellite L505D-S5992
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • DDR3 SD 3GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Toshiba 15.6 LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K200
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Mamba
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • No clue
      • Optical Drive:
      • San Disk 4 gb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • ISP:
      • SBC [at&amp;t]
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

HAHAHHA! Mudd, you know hat I meant, don't twist it. =P. RULE number one, if you're T you charge and if your CT you camp at the sites and where the bomb is dropped, most basic rule. =P.

• Pyro.Dynamics-'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Deluxe (Intel X-58 Based)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 945
      • RAM:
      • OCZ Gold 6 GB (3 x 2GB), 1600 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • SeaGate 1TB 7200 RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • XFX 9800GTX+ 1GB X2 = 2GB SLI
      • Display:
      • Sony Bravia 46&quot;
      • Sound Card:
      • Intel SoundMAX Built-in 7.1 SmartCard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 5.1 Surround
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Anansi
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Naga Molten Edition
      • Controller:
      • XBOX 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake 850W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Zinger Burger
      • UPS:
      • MICRO
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Ultimate x58
      • Comment:
      • Cooler - CoolerMAster V8; Casing - Thermaltake M9
      • ISP:
      • Link3 1 Mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • 110-140 KBps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 40-60 KB
      • Console:

Yes, I do camp. Thanks for asking.

Steene / Lightstrike - Level 80 Rogue/Paladin - Bloodcraft Blizzclone US
    Anestean - Level 80 Paladin - AlphaWoW EU
    Pyro.Dynam1cs - Garena - Main competitive account
    DietPepsicola - Garena - Trolling, "secret" pub owning account.

SenSei
    • SenSeiFAR's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Satellite L505D-S5992
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • DDR3 SD 3GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Toshiba 15.6 LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K200
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Mamba
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • No clue
      • Optical Drive:
      • San Disk 4 gb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • ISP:
      • SBC [at&amp;t]
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Well, if you are a Pro or Semi pro gamer, I doubt you will camp like DMC/Devil Blood. 8-). You will do it the proper way. =]

in REAL matches the time is NOT 3 mins.. it is 1.75 (in MR15) or 1.33 (in MR9) ... so the ct's WILL camp and occasionally "peek" to catch t's off guard (usually the awper will do this) to get some easy kills maybe.. but he'll almost always back off/retreat as soon as he gets the shot away wether he hits it or not ... so if someone has a problem with camping ct's then we may as well use the word "guarding" or "holding" the site. ..

• Motherboard:
      • gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung 160 gb sata
      • Graphics Card:
      • xfx 8500 GT
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in.
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic.
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Salmosa
      • Controller:
      • None.
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • 40~
      • Upload Speed:
      • 40~

Camping does not always mean slow and steady. I saw some in star sports CGS er ekta team, they were lighting fast in camping. its like they played the map a gazillion time before and they totally know every possible move of the opponent. It was like SWAT or NAVY. lighting fast camping.

so camping does not always mean to be a slow approach.

VIP Member
    • 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • RAM:
      • 3GB DDR II
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 8600GT :(
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RumblePad
      • ISP:
      • BDCom
      • Download Speed:
      • 20KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 3MB/s

well camping, i dont see anything wrong with it.. but if its not necessary then its pointless to camp.. but if you have reason to .. you should!
    charging and playing crazy doesnt really make the winning equation.. its a very TACTICAL game.. and dynamic thinking.. so you do whats best for the situation. as simple as that..
    http://banglagamer.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1231856079

• Motherboard:
      • gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung 160 gb sata
      • Graphics Card:
      • xfx 8500 GT
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in.
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic.
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Salmosa
      • Controller:
      • None.
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • 40~
      • Upload Speed:
      • 40~

right you are brother. Thats why i chose it over UT and quake, where charging
    is all you do.

well i've seen some teams charge as ct's on eco rounds.. they dont buy anything/a few nades and just go all 5 together.. CHAARGEE!! usually they get their faces owned though.. :\

VIP Member
    • 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • RAM:
      • 3GB DDR II
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 8600GT :(
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RumblePad
      • ISP:
      • BDCom
      • Download Speed:
      • 20KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 3MB/s

so there you go.. u just gave the conclusion to the situation which you just mentioned..
    http://banglagamer.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19&dateline=1231856079

• Motherboard:
      • gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung 160 gb sata
      • Graphics Card:
      • xfx 8500 GT
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in.
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic.
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Salmosa
      • Controller:
      • None.
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • 40~
      • Upload Speed:
      • 40~

Exactly. Though maps like Nyareena, bloodstrike are meant to charge not camp.
    Obviously, as the are aim_*** maps.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast