• Operating System:
      • Windows 10, 7(64 bit)
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • CPU - 7.6, Ram - 7.7, GPU 7.9, HDD - 5.9
      • ISP:
      • Banglalion

Lightbulb World News

Sachin Tendulkar Retires

The end of an era, one of the greatest cricketers ever has announced his retirement from all cricket.

Official Statement:

Tendulkar said: "All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for India . I have been living this dream every day for the last 24 years. It's hard for me to imagine a life without playing cricket because it's all I have ever done since I was 11 years old. It's been a huge honour to have represented my country and played all over the world. I look forward to playing my 200th Test Match on home soil, as I call it a day. I thank the BCCI for everything over the years and for permitting me to move on when my heart feels it's time! I thank my family for their patience and understanding. Most of all, I thank my fans and well-wishers who through their prayers and wishes have given me the strength to go out and perform at my best."
    From his debut aged 16 he looked a special talent, but few would have thought he would be looking back at the end of his career having made 100 International centuries, 200 Test matches etc.

More impressive than any of his sporting achievements is the fact that he managed to do so with a smile on his face & carrying the hopes of a nation on his shoulders, most men would have crumbled under the pressure, but he rarely appeared anything other than a humble man happy that he had the pleasure of playing Cricket for a living.

All over Twitter & cricketing websites there are tributes flying in, but the final word should probably belong to the greatest batsman of all time, the incomparable Don, Sir Donald Bradman:

I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I felt that this player is playing with a style similar to mine, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel!

BBC Sport - Sachin Tendulkar: India batting legend to retire from all cricket

- - - Updated - - -

110 people own 35% of Russia's entire wealth

More.. :

MOSCOW—When it comes to household wealth, it seems Russia has come full circle.

In the days of the Soviet Union, the country boasted that all its citizens shared the wealth equally, but a new report has found that a mere 20 years after the end of Communism, wealth disparity has soared with 35% of the country’s entire wealth now in the hands of just 110 people.

“Russia has the highest level of wealth inequality in the world, apart from small Caribbean nations with resident billionaires,” Credit Suisse’s annual global wealth report says.

The study discovered that in Russia there is one billionaire for every $11 billion in household wealth. In the rest of the world, there is one for every $170 billion.

According to Forbes, there are 110 billionaires in Russia out of a population of 143 million people. In 2000, there were just eight billionaires in the country. By contrast, there are currently 442 billionaires in the United States — which has just over twice Russia’s population — compared to 269 in 2000.

One of the authors of the report, Anthony Shorrocks of Global Economic Perspectives Ltd., said it was impossible to compare Russia’s wealth disparity to that of any place else.

“The situation in Russia has no parallel. If you look at how Russians have made their money and the sort of political ties that seem to be necessary to maintain it, there are just very few places where the situation is similar,” he said.

He said researchers arrived at the eye-popping figure by dividing the number of billionaires listed in Forbes into a composite estimation of Russia’s overall wealth as gathered from balance sheets, market capitalization data and other economic information published by Russia’s state statistics agency. Mr. Shorrocks said, however, that Russia’s wealth figures were not as clear as in other countries due to a lack of data on the value of non-financial assets, like real estate.

He also noted that the high percentage of wealth being held in such a small number of hands has remained at roughly the same level for years.

But the study showed — when weakening exchange rates are factored in — average wealth in Russia has been falling. In 2007, the average adult had around $14,000 when a dollar bought 25 rubles. But now that figure stands at just $11,900, with the exchange rate standing at just over 32 rubles to the dollar. At a constant exchange rate, average wealth has shown “no sign of growth,” since before the economic crisis in 2008, the report found.

Overall, 93.7% of Russia’s adult population has less than $10,000 in wealth, according to the report; 5.6% has between $10,000 and $100,000; 0.6% has between $100,000 and $1 million; and 0.1% — or about 84,000 people — has over $1 million. In the U.S., according to the report, 30.7% of the adult population has less than $10,000; 33% has between $10,000 and $100,000; 30.7% has between $100,000 and $1 million; and 5.5% — or 1.3 million people — has over $1 million.

Credit Suisse estimates that worldwide there are 98,700 “ultra-high net worth individuals,” or people worth $50 million or more. Almost half of them live in the United States. Russia is 11th on the list between India and Australia. Just 3,100 people have assets of over $500 million, the report said.

- - - Updated - - -

---------------------

3 men push over 200 million year old rock formation in Goblin Valley.....(video)

I give up on humanity.

VIDEO

Men may face felony charges after toppling Goblin Valley formation

Ancient formation » 3 Scout leaders claim they worried the rock would fall and hurt someone.

A group of Boy Scout leaders is potentially facing felony charges for destroying a rock formation nearly 200 million years old in Emery County.

The trio of men was adventuring in Goblin Valley State Park when they decided to film themselves knocking over one of the formations, known as "goblins." They said later it appeared to them that it was ready to fall and might hurt someone.

After the rock falls, the three men laugh, cheer and high five each other.

Park officials said the formation’s rock dates back to the Jurassic period nearly 200 million years ago.

Glenn Taylor said Thursday afternoon that he was the man who pushed over the formation, while Dave Hall filmed and Dylan Taylor looked on. According to Taylor, he and Hall are leaders for a local troop of the Boy Scouts of America. Hall added that the men also were acting as Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints youth leaders.

Taylor said he knocked the boulder to the ground after seeing a family walk by on a nearby popular path. When he touched the rock, Taylor noticed it was loose .

"I put my hand on a rock and it moved," he said. "While we were sitting right there we thought, ‘Man if this rock falls it’ll kill them.’ I didn’t have to push hard."

Taylor said that at the time he thought he was doing a "civic service" by taking down a loose rock. However, as he walked back to his car, he began thinking that he should have contacted a ranger about the loose rock. He also said he wished he could take back his actions.

"Glad we did it, wish we wouldn’t have done it," he said Thursday of his feelings about the incident.

Hall agreed with Taylor and added that the park was especially crowdedthat day, Oct. 11, due to national park closures during the government shutdown. The men were worried that a child would be crushed by the boulder, he said, and during his time in the park he only saw one ranger, who was stationed at the entrance.

"With the information we had we made the best decision we could," he said. "We weren’t there for vandalism or anything like that."
    Goblin Valley for reference:

Spoiler:

Last edited by babu.; November 5th, 2013 at 18:25.

Banned
    • TaherTheRetard's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • CPU:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • RAM:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Hard Drive:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Graphics Card:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Display:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Sound Card:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Keyboard:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Mouse:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Controller:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Power Supply:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Optical Drive:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • UPS:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Operating System:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Comment:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • ISP:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Download Speed:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Upload Speed:
      • CONSOLE MASTER RACE
      • Console:

110 people own 35% of Russia's entire wealth

- - - Updated - - -

mother Russia!!!!

• babu.'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H81 S2PV/ Gigabyte B75 D3V
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4590/ i5 3470
      • RAM:
      • 8 GB Adata XPG 1600 @ CL9/ 8 GB Team
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3 TB WD Blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Shaphire R9 270X VaporX
      • Display:
      • LG 22'' mp65HQ/ Dell 17''
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec VS4621, Skullcandy INK,D airphone
      • Power Supply:
      • Tharmaltake TR2 600w/ TT LP 430w
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 2TB Portable HDD
      • UPS:
      • None
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10, 7(64 bit)
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • CPU - 7.6, Ram - 7.7, GPU 7.9, HDD - 5.9
      • ISP:
      • Banglalion

Man runs into fire to save Xbox game system

OLATHE, KS - If your house was on fire, what would you grab as you ran out the door?

A Kansas man woke up early Friday morning to find his house engulfed in flames.

He ran out the door empty-handed, but then went back in to grab his Xbox!

Fire officials say the man suffered smoke inhalation as he rescued the gaming system from the flames.

Paramedics checked him out and said he was okay.

Fire officials are blaming an electrical junction box for the fire which caused $80,000 dollars in damages.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...ox-game-system