you can play NFS Shift using Hoonkar.net in LAN mode.. me and Rafaat bhaia tested it and played for almost 1 hr it was imba fun and its absolutely lagless and collision works almost perfectly...
all you have to do is ...
1. Add the new patch and crack
2. Log in to hoonkar
3. Launch NFS Shift and go to "Online" and then "Local Network"
4. Host or tell someone (also logged in to Hoonkar.net) to host a game
5. Select "Find match"
6. If found, you'll see the game name in the lobby
7. Join and play
please ... do turn off your firewall .. (still not sure if it works with the firewall turned on)
and probably all of the players OS must be the same.... atfirst Rafaat bhaia hosted it from Win 7 and I tried to join from Windows XP ... it didn't work.. but when he hosted the game with Windows XP... then it worked
But in LAN mode... there are a few complaints from me..
1. No option for turning off the collision detection which causes unfair play sometimes
2. GRID positions are not equally leveled ... the lucky guy will start the race from a few feet distance ahead
3. Cut penalty sucks... sometimes even if you don't go out of the track intentionally, it forces you to drive slowly for 5 secs
so enjoy gamers.... hope to see you shifting into higher gears in NFS Shift