Hello, fellow BG members. It has been quite a while since I opened a thread in BG. Anyway, straight to business. I’m planning to buy a smartphone and my budget is ~25k. The budget is not to be strictly enforced, so I wouldn’t mind spending 2-3k more if it makes that much of a difference.
Here are my preferences:
• The display should be small, around 4 inch but the smaller the better.
• I don’t care about the camera. In fact, the worse the camera is, the better since I won’t be wasting money on it.
• The smaller and thinner the phone is, the better. I hate large and/or thick phones.
• Expandable storage options are a must, unless the phone itself has large enough onboard memory (>16GB).
• I won’t be gaming much if at all.
• Who says no to longer battery life?
• Even though I won’t be gaming much, I’m not willing to sacrifice performance. A smooth and responsive interface is a must. Laggy phones are to be avoided.
• I’m sticking to android for now since I’m not particularly happy with Microsoft’s app store for Windows Phones.
• I don’t need any (crappy) “audio-enhancement” feature like Beats audio or anything similar. I heard that GnG offers Beats Audio in-ear headphones for free with some models (although unconfirmed). I don’t want that either.
• Durability is a necessity. I don’t switch phones often. Planning on sticking to it for quite a long time.
• The phone has to be stylish.
So, to sum things up, I just need a compact “phone” that fits nicely in the pocket.
I did a little bit of digging myself and it appears that Nexus 4 16GB, priced at around 29-30k (yeah, a bit out of my budget but still), has far superior hardware compared to other phones around this price point. Although it has much larger screen and no microSD card slot, the processing power more than makes up for the inconvenience. I also considered Xperia V, SP, SL and could not, as of now, reach a decision.
In case anyone needs it, I am pasting the price list of Xperia phones from GnG’s facebook page. I didn’t like the look of any model offered by Samsung at this price point to be attractive to me, so I excluded it from the list. And I couldn’t find a price list for HTC phones.
Xperia Phones Price List:
Suggestions are encouraged, not necessarily about the ones I’ve already shortlisted. In fact, I’m here to seek diverse response from others. Please also mention the current price of the model you are suggesting if you are aware of it, and perhaps a short note as to why you think it suits me.
I’m ready to make the purchase at the earliest possible time, so please help me decide. Thanks.