The comfort of your own couch

Watch Salinger Online In the story, Northup has his name changed to Platt by Theophilus Freeman (Paul Giamatti) and is sold to a benevolent plantation owner William Ford (Benedict Cumberbatch), and later falls under the ownership of John Tibeats (Paul Dano) and Edwin Epps (Fassbender), both of whom use violent discipline instead of words to get their points across. Though this treatment is troublesome in the trailer, itís interesting to hear Ejifor and McQueen talk about it in terms of the filmís themes. McQueen wanted to make a film that gave viewers a character whose societal fall they could relate to in some way. Knowing that Northup was an intelligent man and different from many of those around him, the slave owners tried and failed to destroy his integrity from the outside I dare not actually put myself in his shoes, or I'd realize just how weak I really am.

Watch Planes Online Now that Iíve gotten to know the character of Northup a little better, I think I can watch the trailer below without groaning once the sweeping orchestra comes in and reminds me that this movie has ďOscar baitĒ written all over it. Bill Murray has a reputation for being extremely picky when it comes to choosing scripts and projects that he wants to be a part of, so there must be something pretty special about the new Barry Levinson-directed comedy Rock The Kasbah. According to Deadline, the new film has gotten Murray sign on to star and will be looking to find international distribution at the Toronto International Film Festival.

Watch Elysium Online With Shangri-Laís Steven Bing and Jagged Filmsí Victoria Pearman and Mick Jagger all set to produce. Not a rotten apple in that bunch. Last Train to Memphis will be adapted from Peter Guralnick's 1995 Presley biography of the same name, and John Fusco will be handling screenwriting duties. Perhaps best known for writing the westerns Young Guns and its sequel, Fusco last penned 2008ís The Forbidden Kingdom for Rob Minkoff, and wrote the upcoming Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon II: The Green Destiny. Weíre not really sure what to expect out of this guy, to be honest.

Watch Kick §§§ 2 Online But thereís nothing to worry about when it comes to MacDonald, who won an Academy Award for Best Documentary for 1999ís Munich Olympic Games doc One Day in September. Heís directed over a dozen documentaries, which solidifies his ability to form cohesive narratives out of facts, and his latest was Marley, about the reggae legend Bob Marley. In fact, heís worked in close company with Mick Jagger before, for the 2001 doc Being Mick. His latest film, the post-apocalyptic thriller How I Live Now, has nothing to do with music or biographies, but it further showcases his talents as a feature filmmaker.

Watch Turbo Online Guralnickís biography focused on Presleyís early years, as he made his transition from a regular teenager to a sudden superstar, bringing rhythm and blues to white people with his controversial gyrating hips. The producers are currently looking for a handsome young singer that could play the role, and have started up the website Young Elvis Casting for anyone to upload an audition video where they perform six to eight bars of any song by Presley. There is a lot of comedic potential within this audition process, so plan accordingly before entering.

Watch Red 2 Online In regard to Harris, while I was rather underwhelmed with Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - it's not a bad movie, just not a very good one - I will stand up for his performance as Moriarty. He wasn't as engaging as the manic Andrew Scott was (is?) on the series Sherlock, but he put his own spin on the character, was certainly devilish enough, and proved to work well with Ritchie as a director. It's hard to say if Harris will be getting the chance to put on a similar role in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. or if he will be playing one of the good guys this time around but at the very least we know he has the chops to pull off a solid performance.

Watch Despicable Me 2 Online For years, the buddy action comedy flick was a format that really worked. So, when Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum signed on to save the presidency together, people thought the flick would laugh all the way to the bank.Unfortunately, those good vibes didn't last. The flick about a recently denied Secret Service applicant who is tasked with saving the President after the complex is taken over by some very bad men failed to excite people and didnít even make itís budget back at the box office. Itís bad enough when this happens domestically, but when that includes the worldwide box office numbers, itís dismal. White House Down is a fun summer action flick, and the fact that it was ignored by moviegoers is a little baffling. There are many theories that may have contributed to the flickís lack of success theatrically, theories that range from the film not having enough star power behind it to the theatrical release of the similar film Olympus Has Fallen taking away some of the filmís power. We have a whole slew of theories listed here.

But if you didnít catch the film, the home release might be the time to see it from the comfort of your own couch. White House Down may not have been the biggest box office success of all time, but that hasnít stopped Sony Pictures Home Entertainment from putting together a robust set for the movie. Blu-ray copies of the film will come with a whopping nine exclusive featurettes, and at this point weíll have to just hope that these featurettes are actually lengthy and not just a couple of minutes long apiece. A few other featurettes will also be included with both Blu-ray and DVD sets. You can check out the full list, below.I suppose itís been a blessing more than a curse that nothing has become of the multiple projects out there aiming to tell the life story of Elvis Presley. Thereís definitely an amazing movie waiting to happen, but the odds are stacked against it being the first one that comes out. One that has a lot of promise, however, is Fox 2000ís Last Train to Memphis, which Variety reports will have The Last King of Scotlandís Kevin MacDonald in the directorís chair.