User Tag List

Thread: Need some information about British education in Bangladesh

Default Need some information about British education in Bangladesh

First of all,I need something which gets counted in United States universities and I dont have time to complete bachelor degree.Its very unlikely that our local universities' credits will be counted there.I was looking a international degrees and found HND(Higher National Diploma) provided by BTEC Edexcel from UK.Its a 2 year course and I heard its equivalent to first 2 years of a bachelor degree.So its possible to get into the 3rd year of that specific subject in university after finishing HND.THis is what I found online.Also heard that some universities in United States recognizes it completely.Take a look at the file in the link below-

http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocu..._Directory.pdf

Also when I was looking for which institutes provides these course I found BAC(www.bacbd.org) and Ahsania Institute of Technology and Business(www.aitb.edu.bd) in Dhanmondi 5 and 6,both are very very close.BAC has Computing and Information Systems and Ahsania has Electrical Engineering.I am looking for engineering subjects mainly.I dont know of anyone who has studied HND,so not sure what its like and will it really be good after completion.Besides Ahsania campus looks bad on the outside,BAC has nice campus.But both are on Edexcels list-

http://www.edexcel.com/international...eListings.aspx

You guys please let me know anything you know about HND and these institutes.Anything you heard from someone or someone you know who are studying these course or has completed,please I need to know much before taking a step.Also dont hesitate to tell something related to these.

Doesnt anyone have any clue about this,No one ever heard about this program?
    Last edited by sameev29; August 9th, 2013 at 00:52.

Bump.No one never heard of HND?