Beware of buying headphone from Headphone Republic. Today I received a pair of JVC XX HAF-X1X from them. I had used one before and thought of buying another one as a collector's item. My previous one was imported from USA. This one, looked pretty okay boxed. But I opened it to find the headphones completely glossy with some liquid. After I cleaned it, the whole tissue was brown. I don't know what it is. The previous one was not like this.
Difference I found:
1. The box was flooded in some weird brown liquid. Never in my life, I have seen this. Not even 100 taka headphones come wet. Remember the packet is air tight sealed. So don't blame rain.
2. Font of "R" and "L" is different. The paint quality is so bad, I can remove the text with a few scratches.
3. Box of original closes properly. The box that came with your one hardly closes. Plus, it feels like its made of the same plastic 5 taka tiffin boxses are made out of, while the original one feels like the same plastic car dash boards are made of.
4. Sound quality is very different. Bass of original is deep and heavy but clear. This is just wild bass. Not as good as grade "A" pair.
5. Foam of the monitor's is rough and low quality. As is installed by hand. While the foam of "A" grade unit, was plain and flat and looked as if it was installed with precision by machines.
THEY ARE NOT FRAUDS! THEY DON'T SELL REPLICA! They only charge less coz their product is C grade. Its my fault, that I didn't know it.