• Xbox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • ThermalTake 500w TR2
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Comment:
      • It gets the job done, fast and easy!

Default Connecting to PSN

Its been years I had my PS3, but never decided to go online (thought I would jailbreak it), but recently I installed a Link3 1mbps connection with an attached router for WiFi. And then it HIT ME, can I actually play in PSN. The last game I played was Killzone 3 and my firmware is still 3.55.

So I would want some advice, whether to actually get connected to PSN or not? I know it free, but will I get good performance online with my 1mbps connection? Any specific server where Bangladeshi players play? Some info about the Ping? Which games deliver better ping and are more popular among bangali players?

Or...is it too far fetched....should I just forget about it and install the CFW to play pirated games?

I have fallen in a huge dilemma... what should I do?
    PS: I am actually new to online gaming and loving the great experience... currently playing GRID 2 online and seriously loving it..... I really hope this is possible with the PS3, especially with my connection....

• Hellblazer1971's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG31PR
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 duo 2.66 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • 3 GB DDR2
      • Hard Drive:
      • 2 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Nvidia GT240 512MB DDR5
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17inch LCD and Bravia Kdl-32v5500
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 4:1
      • Controller:
      • XBOX 360 Controller
      • Optical Drive:
      • ASUS 24B1ST DVD RW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Comment:
      • It's getting old...
      • ISP:
      • LINK3
      • Download Speed:
      • 1 mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 1 mbps
      • Console:

I play on xbox online with link3 1mbps,its good.
    There is a big community of PSN COD players-
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/BD.CallOfDuty/

Quote Originally Posted by samgamer View Post
    Its been years I had my PS3, but never decided to go online (thought I would jailbreak it), but recently I installed a Link3 1mbps connection with an attached router for WiFi. And then it HIT ME, can I actually play in PSN. The last game I played was Killzone 3 and my firmware is still 3.55.

So I would want some advice, whether to actually get connected to PSN or not? I know it free, but will I get good performance online with my 1mbps connection? Any specific server where Bangladeshi players play? Some info about the Ping? Which games deliver better ping and are more popular among bangali players?

Or...is it too far fetched....should I just forget about it and install the CFW to play pirated games?

I have fallen in a huge dilemma... what should I do?
    PS: I am actually new to online gaming and loving the great experience... currently playing GRID 2 online and seriously loving it..... I really hope this is possible with the PS3, especially with my connection....
    My cousins play online with a 1mbps Qubee line. Lag free and quite good, should work for you too. Try kore dekho, bhalo na lagle, go the other way.

• samgamer's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSi 8800gms-E35
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz BE
      • RAM:
      • Silicon Power 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi 250 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • AMD Radeon Sapphire HD 6950 1GB GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Ben Q 17 inch
      • Sound Card:
      • Built-in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 2:1
      • Keyboard:
      • Usual QWERTY keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Microsoft Optical Mouse
      • Controller:
      • Xbox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • ThermalTake 500w TR2
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Comment:
      • It gets the job done, fast and easy!

Quote Originally Posted by sammi View Post
    My cousins play online with a 1mbps Qubee line. Lag free and quite good, should work for you too. Try kore dekho, bhalo na lagle, go the other way.

Can you specify, I mean like... which games they play? And Ping they receive?

I checked through speedtest.net, and in most cases my ping tends to be 300+ in international servers. Should this be a concern.

Moreover, my firmware is 3.55 now, if I go online I'll have to update to the new official firmware; that will make jailbreaking harder...(not to mention expensive)

I believe ping is the biggest deal breaker here, specially if I want to experiece fps games...

Quote Originally Posted by samgamer View Post
    Can you specify, I mean like... which games they play? And Ping they receive?

I checked through speedtest.net, and in most cases my ping tends to be 300+ in international servers. Should this be a concern.

Moreover, my firmware is 3.55 now, if I go online I'll have to update to the new official firmware; that will make jailbreaking harder...(not to mention expensive)

I believe ping is the biggest deal breaker here, specially if I want to experiece fps games...

My cousins usually played FIFA online but one of them is a real CoD freak and he stays up till three at night to play with people from the USA.
    I'm really sorry but I've got no idea about ping and neither have they. They never even considered jail breaking their Playstation cause they don't feel it's safe, in the sense it may get ruined quicker. I'm sorry I'm not much help here, but I've seen them play and it was pretty good and lag free, that's all I can help you out with.

My cousins usually played FIFA online but one of them is a real CoD freak and he stays up till three at night to play with people from the USA.
    I'm really sorry but I've got no idea about ping and neither have they. They never even considered jail breaking their Playstation cause they don't feel it's safe, in the sense it may get ruined quicker. I'm sorry I'm not much help here, but I've seen them play and it was pretty good and lag free, that's all I can help you out with.
    I see people playing cod in xbox live even after 3, I myself play till 4 sometime.

- - - Updated - - -

I see people playing cod in xbox live even after 3, I myself play till 4 sometime.