User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Should i connect my pc with this on-line ups

  1. #1
    Member
    • Arka karlos's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte b75m hd3
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 3220
      • RAM:
      • twinmos 4gb piano black
      • Hard Drive:
      • western digital blue 1tb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7870 dual x oc
      • Display:
      • dell s2240l
      • Sound Card:
      • realtek onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-590
      • Controller:
      • habit HV-G83
      • Power Supply:
      • corsair vs450 cp-9020096-uk
      • Optical Drive:
      • samsung s222
      • UPS:
      • Ideal 800va
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7 ultimate 64bit
      • ISP:
      • teletalk 3g
      • Download Speed:
      • 100KBps
    Arka karlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    434

    Default [b]should i connect my pc with this on-line ups[\b]

    today i got a online ups which is stated as 1kva(0.7kw). the packet contains ups/inverter user manual, a disk and some cable for connecting external battery. but the problem is no external battery came with this. so should I connect my pc with this ups or not because i have no external battery. or will this work but it won't give me any backup. help is needed i am in a fix.i am waiting for your important advice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    but the ups heavy like 5-7kg. i dont know is there any battery inside or not as i didn't open the case
    Last edited by Arka karlos; June 16th, 2013 at 18:31.

  2. #2
    Member
    • Rawkill's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Z77 Extreme 6
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz/ Phanteks PH-TC14PE
      • RAM:
      • Kingston Hyper X Genesis 2 x 4GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Blue 1TB x 2
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
      • Display:
      • Asus MX239H 23-inch IPS Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster ZX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm, Oppo HA-2 Amp, FnD 6000U 5.1 Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair K70 RGB
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G502 Spectrum, Razer Goliath Speed Extended (Overwatch Edition)
      • Controller:
      • Logitech F510 Rumblepad
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Harry Potter (HP) DVD-RW
      • UPS:
      • Prolink 1000VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
      • Comment:
      • Cooler Master HAF - X
      • ISP:
      • Dot Internet
      • Download Speed:
      • 550-600 KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 200-2500 KB/s
    Rawkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Brand ki ? Online UPS er kotha shunle mone hoitese apne IPS er kotha bolte sen. Can any on help him out please ? Tagging: @Vanguard @aayman .


  3. #3
    Forum Staff
    • aayman's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Gaming Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 1700 @3.7GHz (H100i v2)
      • RAM:
      • 2x8GB Trident Z 3600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 960 EVO 250GB + SanDisk SSDX 960GB + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 1070 FTW
      • Display:
      • ASUS PG279Q + Dell U2312HM
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Zx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser PC350SE + Phillips SPH9500
      • Keyboard:
      • CM QuickFire Stealth
      • Mouse:
      • FinalMouse Scream One | Logitech G403
      • Controller:
      • Steam Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 1703
      • ISP:
      • AmberIT
    aayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,790

    Default

    The UPS is the external battery, and the cable should be connected to your PC for advanced functionality such as auto-shutdown when low on battery.

    Yes connect it, it'll run fine.

  4. #4
    Member
    • VANGUARD's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 8700K 5.2Ghz @Corsair H115i
      • RAM:
      • Gskill Ripjaws V 3466MHz 2x8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Zotac SSD 480GB Premium + Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp! Extreme
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX24AH, 1440p
      • Sound Card:
      • ROG SupremeFX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-910/Logitech UE 200vm
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair STRAFE-CherryRED
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G602 @Tt Pyrrhus
      • Controller:
      • Xbox One Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec EDGE 650w
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224FB
      • USB Devices:
      • Everything
      • UPS:
      • Micro UVL-1500 Long Backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • The workhorse
      • ISP:
      • The Net Heads
    VANGUARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    10,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aayman View Post
    The UPS is the external battery, and the cable should be connected to your PC for advanced functionality such as auto-shutdown when low on battery.

    Yes connect it, it'll run fine.
    ^this

  5. #5
    Forum Staff
    • aayman's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Gaming Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 1700 @3.7GHz (H100i v2)
      • RAM:
      • 2x8GB Trident Z 3600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 960 EVO 250GB + SanDisk SSDX 960GB + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 1070 FTW
      • Display:
      • ASUS PG279Q + Dell U2312HM
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Zx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser PC350SE + Phillips SPH9500
      • Keyboard:
      • CM QuickFire Stealth
      • Mouse:
      • FinalMouse Scream One | Logitech G403
      • Controller:
      • Steam Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 1703
      • ISP:
      • AmberIT
    aayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,790

    Default

    The UPS itself is the external battery. You do not need to connect the cable if you don't want UPS monitoring.

  6. #6
    Member
    • Arka karlos's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte b75m hd3
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 3220
      • RAM:
      • twinmos 4gb piano black
      • Hard Drive:
      • western digital blue 1tb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7870 dual x oc
      • Display:
      • dell s2240l
      • Sound Card:
      • realtek onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-590
      • Controller:
      • habit HV-G83
      • Power Supply:
      • corsair vs450 cp-9020096-uk
      • Optical Drive:
      • samsung s222
      • UPS:
      • Ideal 800va
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7 ultimate 64bit
      • ISP:
      • teletalk 3g
      • Download Speed:
      • 100KBps
    Arka karlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aayman View Post
    [B]The UPS is the external battery[\B], and [B]the cable should be connected to your PC[\B] for advanced functionality such as auto-shutdown when low on battery.

    [B]Yes connect it, it'll run fine[\B].
    i guess you are saying that the thing i have is inverter and the external battery is for back up.what cable you are mentioning? that cable which connects external battery with the ups or the pc power plug. there is a [B]RS232[\B] port and cable on the back of the ups. what is this for.

    i am again sain should i connect the pc and monitor power plug ups without extarnal battery?

    [B]i am realy confused and totaly noob on this. so please help me with details[\B]

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawkill View Post
    Brand ki ? Online UPS er kotha shunle mone hoitese apne IPS er kotha bolte sen. Can any on help him out please ? Tagging: @Vanguard @aayman .
    brand hoilo Gooden. na aita ips na. aita ups e manual o box e lekha ase. are realy thaks i wanted to tag but as i am in mobile i couldn't.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    ^this
    vai pic upload kormu. aktu ditail e help koren.please

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aayman View Post
    The UPS itself is the external battery. You do not need to connect the cable if you don't want UPS monitoring.
    no no i am taking about extra 3 pice battery other than ups. i will upload some pic. i think then everything will be clear.

    - - - Updated - - -

    today i got a online ups which is stated as 1kva(0.7kw). the packet contains ups/inverter user manual, a disk and some cable for connecting external battery. but the problem is no external battery came with this. so should I connect my pc with this ups or not because i have no external battery. or will this work but it won't give me any backup. help is needed i am in a fix.i am waiting for your important advice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    but the ups heavy like 5-7kg. i dont know is there any battery inside or not as i didn't open the case

    in this pic there is front and rear view of ups and cable that connects external battery with ups and the diagram from ups manual shows how to connect external battery. iam in great problem please please please help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-16 21.40.12.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	29520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-16 21.36.26.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	29521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image000.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	29522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image000_2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	29523  
    Last edited by Arka karlos; June 16th, 2013 at 22:30.

  7. #7
    Member
    • redwan hasan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B75 Pro-3 M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600 + CM Hyper 412S
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 1333MHz 16GB (4GB*4)
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 2TB 6Gb/s, Hitachi 1TB 3Gb/s, Samsung 320GB 3Gb/s
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX660OC 2GB
      • Display:
      • Asus MX239H
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek ALC892
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 2400 2:1, Skullcandy 50/50
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech KBS21
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech X7
      • Controller:
      • Generic XBOX Clone
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX750
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW 24 B3ST
      • UPS:
      • Power Gaurd 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64bit. Ubuntu 14.10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Waiting on new system.
      • ISP:
      • Link3 5Mbps
    redwan hasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    ^ 3 pin port in ur hand is for connecting the battery. as it is shown it needs 3 12V Bat in series (a total amount of 36V) (werid)

    & the back of the ups there is a port for AC input. two for ac output(u will connect ur pc & stuffz here) & one for battery.
    5-7KG is nothing. my ups is of about 14KG. :\
    u can try turning it on without battery. if nothing happens then u have to connect. read user manual carefully to find out exactly how much voltage it needs.

    (or u can do one thing. just connect the ac input & use a multimeter(voltmeter precisely) to find out how much it is providing at the battery connectors. if 36V u have to buy 3 12V batteries.

    - - - Updated - - -

    if u dont want to monitor ur ups u dont need to connect the COM port/RS232 port located top left of ur ups.

    - - - Updated - - -

    if u dont want to monitor ur ups u dont need to connect the COM port/RS232 port located top left of ur ups.

  8. #8
    Member
    • Arka karlos's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte b75m hd3
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 3220
      • RAM:
      • twinmos 4gb piano black
      • Hard Drive:
      • western digital blue 1tb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7870 dual x oc
      • Display:
      • dell s2240l
      • Sound Card:
      • realtek onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-590
      • Controller:
      • habit HV-G83
      • Power Supply:
      • corsair vs450 cp-9020096-uk
      • Optical Drive:
      • samsung s222
      • UPS:
      • Ideal 800va
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7 ultimate 64bit
      • ISP:
      • teletalk 3g
      • Download Speed:
      • 100KBps
    Arka karlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redwan hasan View Post
    ^ 3 pin port in ur hand is for connecting the battery. as it is shown it needs 3 12V Bat in series (a total amount of 36V) (werid)

    & the back of the ups there is a port for AC input. two for ac output(u will connect ur pc & stuffz here) & one for battery.
    5-7KG is nothing. my ups is of about 14KG. :\
    u can try turning it on without battery. if nothing happens then u have to connect. read user manual carefully to find out exactly how much voltage it needs.

    (or u can do one thing. just connect the ac input & use a multimeter(voltmeter precisely) to find out how much it is providing at the battery connectors. if 36V u have to buy 3 12V batteries.

    - - - Updated - - -

    if u dont want to monitor ur ups u dont need to connect the COM port/RS232 port located top left of ur ups.

    - - - Updated - - -

    if u dont want to monitor ur ups u dont need to connect the COM port/RS232 port located top left of ur ups.
    well that was helpful. When i power on only the ups just the battery indicator is beeping no fault indicator was on and the battery charging was on. but the problem is
    1. is there any risk if i connect it without battery i mean burning or damaging some parts of my pc.as i have a generic psu now?
    2. is all online ups need external battery
    3. in there any battery inside or just its a inverter
    4.manual says 3pis 12v 7ah battery needed. what is the price of this battery and where can i find them.
    5. do you have online ups? does it use external battery? have you ever tried without battery.
    Last edited by Arka karlos; June 17th, 2013 at 01:56.

  9. #9
    Member
    • redwan hasan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B75 Pro-3 M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600 + CM Hyper 412S
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 1333MHz 16GB (4GB*4)
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 2TB 6Gb/s, Hitachi 1TB 3Gb/s, Samsung 320GB 3Gb/s
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX660OC 2GB
      • Display:
      • Asus MX239H
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek ALC892
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 2400 2:1, Skullcandy 50/50
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech KBS21
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech X7
      • Controller:
      • Generic XBOX Clone
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX750
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW 24 B3ST
      • UPS:
      • Power Gaurd 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64bit. Ubuntu 14.10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Waiting on new system.
      • ISP:
      • Link3 5Mbps
    redwan hasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arka karlos View Post
    well that was helpful. When i power on only the ups just the battery indicator is beeping no fault indicator was on and the battery charging was on. but the problem is
    1. is there any risk if i connect it without battery i mean burning or damaging some parts of my pc.as i have a generic psu now?
    2. is all online ups need external battery
    3. in there any battery inside or just its a inverter
    4.manual says 3pis 12v 7ah battery needed. what is the price of this battery and where can i find them.
    5. do you have online ups? does it use external battery? have you ever tried without battery.
    1. no. u will be okay. an UPS without battery is like(almost) connecting pc to the direct AC outlet.
    2. no. It's about the capacity back up time & design.
    3. as far as i can understand its just the AC - DC converter for battery charging & Inverter for running the load.
    4. then thats it. go n buy. u can find it in IDB or ECS. each will cost around 1k with 6 months warranty.(guess u know how to connect them properly right? )
    5. negative. im using an offline Power guard 1200VA ups right now. never tried actually but can say u one thing, assume an UPS with dead battery. totally dead like grids broken or something. If u turn it on what will happen? nothing... its also like the same. Turning on without the battery is not a big deal. it will simply wont give ny backup support thats it.

  10. #10
    Forum Staff
    • aayman's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Gaming Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 1700 @3.7GHz (H100i v2)
      • RAM:
      • 2x8GB Trident Z 3600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 960 EVO 250GB + SanDisk SSDX 960GB + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 1070 FTW
      • Display:
      • ASUS PG279Q + Dell U2312HM
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Zx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser PC350SE + Phillips SPH9500
      • Keyboard:
      • CM QuickFire Stealth
      • Mouse:
      • FinalMouse Scream One | Logitech G403
      • Controller:
      • Steam Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 1703
      • ISP:
      • AmberIT
    aayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,790

    Default

    No there is no risk, at most what can happen is it won't turn on.

    Since it's so heavy there should be a battery in there. Why'd you get an online UPS though? It sounds to me you would've done just fine with a line-interactive 1kVA UPS.

  11. #11
    Member
    • Arka karlos's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte b75m hd3
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 3220
      • RAM:
      • twinmos 4gb piano black
      • Hard Drive:
      • western digital blue 1tb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7870 dual x oc
      • Display:
      • dell s2240l
      • Sound Card:
      • realtek onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-590
      • Controller:
      • habit HV-G83
      • Power Supply:
      • corsair vs450 cp-9020096-uk
      • Optical Drive:
      • samsung s222
      • UPS:
      • Ideal 800va
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7 ultimate 64bit
      • ISP:
      • teletalk 3g
      • Download Speed:
      • 100KBps
    Arka karlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redwan hasan View Post
    1. no. u will be okay. an UPS without battery is like(almost) connecting pc to the direct AC outlet.
    2. no. It's about the capacity back up time & design.
    3. as far as i can understand its just the AC - DC converter for battery charging & Inverter for running the load.
    4. then thats it. go n buy. u can find it in IDB or ECS. each will cost around 1k with 6 months warranty.(guess u know how to connect them properly right? )
    5. negative. im using an offline Power guard 1200VA ups right now. never tried actually but can say u one thing, assume an UPS with dead battery. totally dead like grids broken or something. If u turn it on what will happen? nothing... its also like the same. Turning on without the battery is not a big deal. it will simply wont give ny backup support thats it.
    1. which batterys are available here. name some good one.
    2.why it need three external battery when even 800w offline ups use just one single 7ah battery. got any idea?
    3. i heard in online ups battery stays alive more than offline one. is it true? i just found it in wikipidia.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by aayman View Post
    No there is no risk, at most what can happen is it won't turn on.

    Since it's so heavy there should be a battery in there. Why'd you get an online UPS though? It sounds to me you would've done just fine with a line-interactive 1kVA UPS.
    guess what i got it for free. who gave me this i think he didn't know that it needed external battery.

    i think (maybe) there is a battery inside but if i need extra backup i can add those battery. first i will try without battery. wish me good luck.

  12. #12
    Member
    • redwan hasan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B75 Pro-3 M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600 + CM Hyper 412S
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 1333MHz 16GB (4GB*4)
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 2TB 6Gb/s, Hitachi 1TB 3Gb/s, Samsung 320GB 3Gb/s
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX660OC 2GB
      • Display:
      • Asus MX239H
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek ALC892
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 2400 2:1, Skullcandy 50/50
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech KBS21
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech X7
      • Controller:
      • Generic XBOX Clone
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX750
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW 24 B3ST
      • UPS:
      • Power Gaurd 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64bit. Ubuntu 14.10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Waiting on new system.
      • ISP:
      • Link3 5Mbps
    redwan hasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arka karlos View Post
    1. which batterys are available here. name some good one.
    2.why it need three external battery when even 800w offline ups use just one single 7ah battery. got any idea?
    3. i heard in online ups battery stays alive more than offline one. is it true? i just found it in wikipidia.
    1. I'm using PC power 12V 7AHr batteries. Pretty good. friend of mine baught an OVO that's also supporting properly. but I'm sure this batteries wont last for more then two years. dont think anything good is available.

    2. yuup obviously i have idea well it will be a bit long.

    first what does 12V 7AHr means. it means if u pull 7Amps at 12V(that means 84W of loading) it will run for an hour. if u double the load (168W) backup time will be half an hour. 800VA is its capability. so it can provide upto 800VA*.8(very good up supplies have power factor of .8 ) that is 640W. so u can connect a maximum of 640W load. if u connect load higher than that UPS wont provide backup. now think think about a system that consumes around 200W. a 800VA UPS will provide about 12-15 min only.

    what if this 800VA UPS had two batteries in series(total 24V) then it will act like a 24V 7AHr that means with 168W of loading it will provide 1hour backup.

    thats almost what it is. ur ups have three batteries so 36V 7AHr that means with 252W of load it will provide 1hour backup.

    (its theoretical, in reality there will be production of heat in the DC-AC converter circuit & there is transformer loss so backup time will reduce)

    3. "alive?" a bit more details will be help.

  13. #13
    Member
    • Arka karlos's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte b75m hd3
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 3220
      • RAM:
      • twinmos 4gb piano black
      • Hard Drive:
      • western digital blue 1tb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7870 dual x oc
      • Display:
      • dell s2240l
      • Sound Card:
      • realtek onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-590
      • Controller:
      • habit HV-G83
      • Power Supply:
      • corsair vs450 cp-9020096-uk
      • Optical Drive:
      • samsung s222
      • UPS:
      • Ideal 800va
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7 ultimate 64bit
      • ISP:
      • teletalk 3g
      • Download Speed:
      • 100KBps
    Arka karlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redwan hasan View Post
    1. I'm using PC power 12V 7AHr batteries. Pretty good. friend of mine baught an OVO that's also supporting properly. but I'm sure this batteries wont last for more then two years. dont think anything good is available.

    2. yuup obviously i have idea well it will be a bit long.

    first what does 12V 7AHr means. it means if u pull 7Amps at 12V(that means 84W of loading) it will run for an hour. if u double the load (168W) backup time will be half an hour. 800VA is its capability. so it can provide upto 800VA*.8(very good up supplies have power factor of .8 ) that is 640W. so u can connect a maximum of 640W load. if u connect load higher than that UPS wont provide backup. now think think about a system that consumes around 200W. a 800VA UPS will provide about 12-15 min only.

    what if this 800VA UPS had two batteries in series(total 24V) then it will act like a 24V 7AHr that means with 168W of loading it will provide 1hour backup.

    thats almost what it is. ur ups have three batteries so 36V 7AHr that means with 252W of load it will provide 1hour backup.

    (its theoretical, in reality there will be production of heat in the DC-AC converter circuit & there is transformer loss so backup time will reduce)

    3. "alive?" a bit more details will be help.
    1.i mean online ups battery last longer than offline ups.
    2. what will happen if i connect only one battery with ups. will it work or cause any problem in inverter or battery or like reducing lifespan of those things.
    3. my maximum load will be 100 to 150w so in that load 1hr backup is more than enough for me.changing 3 pis battery in every 2 year is more costly than a new 0.8kw ups. even 3 extra battery take extra place. if 3 battery is mandatory then i will rather buy a new one.

  14. #14
    Member
    • redwan hasan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B75 Pro-3 M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600 + CM Hyper 412S
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 1333MHz 16GB (4GB*4)
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 2TB 6Gb/s, Hitachi 1TB 3Gb/s, Samsung 320GB 3Gb/s
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX660OC 2GB
      • Display:
      • Asus MX239H
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek ALC892
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 2400 2:1, Skullcandy 50/50
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech KBS21
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech X7
      • Controller:
      • Generic XBOX Clone
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX750
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW 24 B3ST
      • UPS:
      • Power Gaurd 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64bit. Ubuntu 14.10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Waiting on new system.
      • ISP:
      • Link3 5Mbps
    redwan hasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    1. not actually. it totally depends on the efficiency.
    2. DONT EVER THINK OF DOING THAT. if ur ups system provides around 36V for charging the battery u have to connect exactly the same voltage. think about this ur cellphones battery needs 4/5V to get charged what if u apply 3times higher than that? IT MAY EVEN BLOW UP. SLA(sealed lead acid) batteries that are being used with this typ of stuffz will permanently get damaged.
    3. as u r using a non brand low eff. psu the load will be higher than this. u can just connect the ups to the AC Input turn it on & check the voltage of the battery connectors(no need to connect ny battery) check the voltage if its 36V. u have to connect 3 of them.

    & a new 800VA ups worth 3K wont give this much backup.

  15. #15
    Member
    • Arka karlos's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte b75m hd3
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 3220
      • RAM:
      • twinmos 4gb piano black
      • Hard Drive:
      • western digital blue 1tb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7870 dual x oc
      • Display:
      • dell s2240l
      • Sound Card:
      • realtek onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-590
      • Controller:
      • habit HV-G83
      • Power Supply:
      • corsair vs450 cp-9020096-uk
      • Optical Drive:
      • samsung s222
      • UPS:
      • Ideal 800va
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7 ultimate 64bit
      • ISP:
      • teletalk 3g
      • Download Speed:
      • 100KBps
    Arka karlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redwan hasan View Post
    1. not actually. it totally depends on the efficiency.
    2. DONT EVER THINK OF DOING THAT. if ur ups system provides around 36V for charging the battery u have to connect exactly the same voltage. think about this ur cellphones battery needs 4/5V to get charged what if u apply 3times higher than that? IT MAY EVEN BLOW UP. SLA(sealed lead acid) batteries that are being used with this typ of stuffz will permanently get damaged.
    3. as u r using a non brand low eff. psu the load will be higher than this. u can just connect the ups to the AC Input turn it on & check the voltage of the battery connectors(no need to connect ny battery) check the voltage if its 36V. u have to connect 3 of them.

    & a new 800VA ups worth 3K wont give this much backup.
    well thanks a lot . you were really helpful and informative. i will add a repu tomorrow when i will be in pc.

    well could you name the shop from where you brought battery. and the thing is as now load shading is minimal i only need maximum one hour backup per day. on load shading i will just type or browse. so a normal 800w will fulfill my need. but the advantage will be that i have to just change 1k worth battery every 2year rather than 3k worth battery. so it will be cost effective. anyway thanks again. i hope in future you will be helpful like this time.
    oh how to give repu point?

  16. #16
    Member
    • redwan hasan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B75 Pro-3 M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600 + CM Hyper 412S
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 1333MHz 16GB (4GB*4)
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 2TB 6Gb/s, Hitachi 1TB 3Gb/s, Samsung 320GB 3Gb/s
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX660OC 2GB
      • Display:
      • Asus MX239H
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek ALC892
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 2400 2:1, Skullcandy 50/50
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech KBS21
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech X7
      • Controller:
      • Generic XBOX Clone
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX750
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW 24 B3ST
      • UPS:
      • Power Gaurd 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64bit. Ubuntu 14.10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Waiting on new system.
      • ISP:
      • Link3 5Mbps
    redwan hasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    2,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arka karlos View Post
    well thanks a lot . you were really helpful and informative. i will add a repu tomorrow when i will be in pc.

    well could you name the shop from where you brought battery. and the thing is as now load shading is minimal i only need maximum one hour backup per day. on load shading i will just type or browse. so a normal 800w will fulfill my need. but the advantage will be that i have to just change 1k worth battery every 2year rather than 3k worth battery. so it will be cost effective. anyway thanks again. i hope in future you will be helpful like this time.
    oh how to give repu point?
    cant remember the name. that shop was located on the ground floor to the left(from entrance)

    dunno maybe by clicking the up button!

  17. #17
    VIP Member
    • SinEater's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K-VM
      • CPU:
      • Pentium E 2200
      • RAM:
      • 6 GB DDR2, 800 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500 GB + 500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 450 GTX
      • Display:
      • Samsung 933SN LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek, integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • T6200 5.1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Lycosa, Razer Arctosa
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Lachesis, Razer Death Adder L/H
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft SideWinder
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair 650 W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus Combo Drive
      • ISP:
      • Qubee 1mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • 128
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20
      • Console:
      • 8
    SinEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mogbazar, Dhaka
    Posts
    3,147

    Default

    Congratulations on getting an 'online' ups!! Just a small question, 2 actually, is this available in Bangladesh and at what price? Do you know the efficiency of this unit?
    Click here to find out how a noob plays the Anti Mage

    Honesty and Modesty were the best policy...they still are.
    A single stupid man can ask more questions than a thousand wise men can answer
    <nfs>.......for life..

  18. #18
    Moderator
    • minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55&quot;
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps
    minitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    dhaka
    Posts
    4,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SinEater View Post
    Congratulations on getting an 'online' ups!! Just a small question, 2 actually, is this available in Bangladesh and at what price? Do you know the efficiency of this unit?
    A guy in clickbd sells apc and other reputed ups without battery. He usually gets them from various embassy.

    just look for apc ups in clickbd.

Similar Threads

  1. Connecting 2 pc's with same line
    By AClvr in forum ISPros
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 17th, 2013, 02:18
  2. Spec Ops: The Line
    By anik_lc in forum News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: January 18th, 2013, 13:28
  3. line is dead
    By PSGameDude33 in forum BTCL
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 25th, 2012, 17:18
  4. Software to auto-connect BDcom line?
    By adnan.alvee in forum Software
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 14th, 2011, 20:30
  5. Help in Getting a Line
    By mryellow in forum Internet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: April 7th, 2010, 23:35

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.31126 seconds with 15 queries.