Halo: Spartan Assault
Developer: Vanguard Games
Platform: Windows 8 PC and Windows 8 Phone
Release Date: July 2013
Halo: Spartan Assault announced for Windows 8 and Windows Phone
“Halo: Spartan Assault” Brings the Award-Winning “Halo” Franchise to Windows 8 Devices this July
With best-in-class action, audio and graphics, “Halo: Spartan Assault” showcases the epic scale and action of the “Halo” universe only on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
With millions of franchise fans worldwide, Microsoft and 343 Industries today revealed an all-new way for gamers to experience “Halo;” this time, you can do it on Windows 8 devices.
Available this July for $6.99 only on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, “Halo: Spartan Assault” is the first top-down action shooter that brings a “Halo” video game to touch-based devices. Developed by Vanguard Games in conjunction with 343 Industries, “Halo: Spartan Assault” provides an accessible, pick-up-and-play experience for fans and newcomers alike.
Set between the events of “Halo 3” and “Halo 4,” “Halo: Spartan Assault” explores the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and dives deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars. Play through the eyes of either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity as they fight in never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces.
With 25 unique missions featuring unrivaled action and intensity, the single-player experience allows you to compete against friends in Leaderboards or hone your skills with Weekly Challenges. Replay the missions to collect more than 40 in-game Achievements and Medals.
For fans who already have a prospering Spartan career aboard the UNSC Infinity, “Halo: Spartan Assault” lets you earn experience points (XP), all-new Achievements, and emblems for your “Halo 4” Spartan, with additional integration features available after launch.
In addition, 343 Industries has teamed up with Dark Horse Comics to create “Halo: Initiation,” 2 a 3-part comic series which reveals the story of how Commander Sarah Palmer became a Spartan-IV and leads directly into the exciting missions of “Halo: Spartan Assault.”
To learn more about “Halo: Spartan Assault,” please visit Halo Waypoint.
Features: Top features include the following:
• Original “Halo” gameplay. An action-packed, single-player campaign spanning 25 missions in battles never before experienced in the Halo Universe, all played from a top-down camera view
• New and immersive storyline. An original story set between the events of “Halo 3” and “Halo 4,” experience a new war with the Covenant, the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer, all with best-in-class graphics and audio
• Built for simplicity. A unique fusion of touch and consolelike controls for easy pick-up-and-play gaming, with the added flexibility of keyboard and mouse controls on Windows 8 PCs and tablets2
• Integration with “Halo 4.” Earn experience points (XP), all-new Achievements, and unlock emblems for your “Halo 4” Spartan career, with additional integration features available after launch
• Nonstop competitive fun. Compete against friends in Leaderboards or hone your skills against an onslaught of Weekly Challenges while collecting more than 40 in-game Achievements and Medals
• In-app purchases. Grind to earn upgrades or speed up your training by purchasing credits for boosts, unique weapons or armor abilities
• Only on Windows. Available only on Windows 8 PCs and tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices.