"PES 2010 focuses on enhancing the excitement of matches between players, making for a truly challenging experience that will constantly test the player. Intuitive zonal defending will cover spaces and players need to look constantly for new ways to attack. PES 2010 focuses on being a real football simulation, as it requires both strategic play and quick reactions, as in real life. In addition to key out-field elements, goalkeepers are more versatile and with abilities matching those of modern shot-stoppers. The game's referees have also been reworked, with smarter AI elements allowing them to make more balanced calls during matches."
New Licensed Teams
- Liverpool FC
- Manchester United
- FC Barcelona
- A.C. Milan
- Czech Republic
**With an exclusive deal with UEFA, both the UEFA Champions League and for the first time the UEFA Europa League, will be fully licensed
*Lionel Messi will also be a key endorsement player for the new game
- Improved AI with Teamvision 2.0 being implemented.
- Intuitive zonal defending.
- Versatile goalkeepers.
- Midfielders and defenders now work together to cover open space and close down attacks.
- Players can move several players at once, sending them into different areas.
- During free kicks, players can now instigate the runs of other players into the penalty area.
- Reworked referees making more balanced decisions.
- Master League has been thoroughly renewed with the enhancement of managerial aspects.
- A new power gauge system allows users to balance their strategy before a match.
- A new penalty system has been implemented, offering greater control, placing and accuracy.
- Enhanced online mode.
23 October 2009