High-End Gaming PC 1
Next goes a top-end and expensive gaming system based on Intel’s newest processor Core i7.
* Processor: Intel Core i7-920 (2.66GHz)
* Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R (iX58 chipset)
* System memory: 3x1GB Samsung (PC3-10666, 1333MHz, CL9)
* Hard disk drive: 1000GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000333AS
* Graphics card: PCI-E 896MB Leadtek WinFast GTX 260 Extreme+ W02G0686
* Optical drive: DVD±RW Optiarc AD-7201S
* System case: IN-WIN IW-J614TA F430 (550W)
If you ask at a hardware forum about the power consumption requirements of this configuration, you will most likely be advised to get a 750W power supply at the very least.
Will the 500W PSU cope? Let’s see.