User Tag List

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: VITA REMOTE PLAY for the new PS4 made MANDATORY by SONY!! - eurogamer

Post EXCLUSIVE: VITA REMOTE PLAY for the new PS4 made MANDATORY by SONY!! - eurogamer

UPDATE: Sony has confirmed our exclusive report about Vita Remote Play and PlayStation 4 games. "Yes, it's true unless the game requires specific hardware like the camera," Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida wrote on Twitter in response to a question from a follower. "It will be great to play PS4 games on PS Vita."

ORIGINAL STORY: A trusted PlayStation 4 developer source with a proven track record for accuracy has told Digital Foundry that Sony has mandated Vita Remote Play for all upcoming PS4 games - except those that require the use of its bundled stereoscopic camera, the PS4 Eye.

The news is a shot in the arm for the beleaguered PlayStation Vita, which has failed to attract commercial success in line with Sony's hopes for the system, and sets the stage for the handheld to provide the same kind of off-TV play that makes gadget for gaming around the home.

SOURCE:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-mandates-vita-remote-play-for-ps4-games

• asif105878's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-450M Processor 2.40GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.66 GHz
      • RAM:
      • 4GB DDR3 800MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB 7200rpm, 1+1.5+2 TB external
      • Graphics Card:
      • Intel GMA HD
      • Display:
      • ASUS VH238H, 14.0” diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
      • Sound Card:
      • Integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lancing, A4Tech Hs-30
      • Keyboard:
      • CM Storm Trigger, Logitech, 101-key compatible with island-style full-size keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech M125
      • Controller:
      • DualShock 3, XBOX controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuck, Mad Catz X360 CoDBO PrecisionAIM Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 65W
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • Sony Walkman, Portable HDD, USB flash drive
      • UPS:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Home Premium x64
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • stuck with it atm :(
      • ISP:
      • Comocast
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Misleading title. PS Vita is not mandatory to play games on PS4 but only for remote play.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Quote Originally Posted by asif105878 View Post
    Misleading title. PS Vita is not mandatory to play games on PS4 but only for remote play.
    Sorry if you got mislead.
    The original title was from eurogamer----
    "Sony mandates Vita Remote Play for all games "

Is that too different from mine? Sorry if it is. I'm not that good in english anyway.

• asif105878's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-450M Processor 2.40GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.66 GHz
      • RAM:
      • 4GB DDR3 800MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB 7200rpm, 1+1.5+2 TB external
      • Graphics Card:
      • Intel GMA HD
      • Display:
      • ASUS VH238H, 14.0” diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
      • Sound Card:
      • Integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lancing, A4Tech Hs-30
      • Keyboard:
      • CM Storm Trigger, Logitech, 101-key compatible with island-style full-size keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech M125
      • Controller:
      • DualShock 3, XBOX controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuck, Mad Catz X360 CoDBO PrecisionAIM Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 65W
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • Sony Walkman, Portable HDD, USB flash drive
      • UPS:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Home Premium x64
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • stuck with it atm :(
      • ISP:
      • Comocast
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by beezee View Post
    Sorry if you got mislead.
    The original title was from eurogamer----
    "Sony mandates Vita Remote Play for all games "

Is that too different from mine? Sorry if it is. I'm not that good in english anyway.
    The title makes it seem like you NEED vita to play PS4 games but you do not. No problem

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

I don't understand anything written up there. How is ps vita going to handle such graphics power? Will it be like the ps4 will use the vita's screen only, like transmitting the video to the vita's screen and the controls, meaning the vita will not play it in actual??

I am confused

Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    I don't understand anything written up there. How is ps vita going to handle such graphics power? Will it be like the ps4 will use the vita's screen only, like transmitting the video to the vita's screen and the controls, meaning the vita will not play it in actual??

I am confused
    You got it man. Vita will just do the display and take control inputs while ps4 does all the processing...
    means all ps4 games on your vita too....

Remote Play works by downscaling the 1080p framebuffer to the Vita's native 960x544 resolution, using the PS4's in-built hardware h.264 video encoder to compress the image. This is then beamed out over WiFi to the Vita, which decodes the video and sends back controller inputs to the PS4.....

Doesn't sound too much?? Well it's great news for me since ma mom shouts, "Get off the tv boy you've been killing people for hours already, my serials are up"....

Quote Originally Posted by beezee View Post
    You got it man. Vita will just do the display and take control inputs while ps4 does all the processing...
    means all ps4 games on your vita too....

Remote Play works by downscaling the 1080p framebuffer to the Vita's native 960x544 resolution, using the PS4's in-built hardware h.264 video encoder to compress the image. This is then beamed out over WiFi to the Vita, which decodes the video and sends back controller inputs to the PS4.....

Doesn't sound too much?? Well it's great news for me since ma mom shouts, "Get off the tv boy you've been killing people for hours already, my serials are up"....
    Doesn't sound too much? WTF man how could you say that. Vita's screen is the best screen I have seen so far with the best touch. And we will be able to play multiplayer one on the main screen and another on the vita's right?

Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    Doesn't sound too much? WTF man how could you say that. Vita's screen is the best screen I have seen so far with the best touch. And we will be able to play multiplayer one on the main screen and another on the vita's right?
    yep.... appears so until now....