• Poshu pakhi pali na[vegeterian]
      • Hard Drive:
      • huggies diper storage capacity 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Amar choshmar power 2.00 HD UVray protection
      • Display:
      • Ja dekhi tai[sometimes nightfall]
      • Sound Card:
      • Sound abar kobe card hishebe available moja los naki?
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Amar kono hearing problem nai anyway Hearing AID 4.1
      • Keyboard:
      • Computer e key use hoy jantam na.
      • Mouse:
      • My mouse has no balls
      • Controller:
      • Ami
      • Power Supply:
      • Biogas
      • Optical Drive:
      • fiber optic
      • USB Devices:
      • Gaysaccent 8 shitabyte
      • UPS:
      • Bio Gas dual
      • Operating System:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Halay pagol hoise naki? ki koy
      • Comment:
      • Comment korlum
      • ISP:
      • Paile khun kormu
      • Download Speed:
      • 100 kilo BITE
      • Upload Speed:
      • Na kono BITE khay na khali dey

Thumbs up Tips for newbies to improve in UT

Please read everything in this thread before posting a question. Spam posts will be either deleted or moved. Questions which had already been answered will be answered again, but the question and answer post will be deleted after a day. If you find your post deleted, it is most likely because it has been answered. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience. - LH

Well having seen the abject situation in UT I would like to advise some tips for newbies to improve....

If newbies or good players like to improve their aim or their strategy or anything then please post here we will help you out to be a better UT player

1. First of all and the most important lesson and perhaps the ultimate lesson, lesson number 1---- Don't chase [It's bad for your scoreboard unless your super skilled] that's how you will improve. If you 中中ing faggot chase then I would suggest you not to read this tips because it won't work out for you. SO DON"T 中中ING CHASE IF YOU CHASE YOUR ENEMY OUT OF SOME PARANOIA OR ANGER GO AND 中中 YOURSELF DONT PLAY UT. Sorry for the language but sooner or later you have to learn this basic rule now or hard way later.

2. Keep practicing at first you will be pulverized by your enemy but don't lose your heart. There's a time when I lost every single game I played some results were frightening like 25 - 4 then i took vows and now I am pro and 中中ing [ever after] those who pawned me before

3. Assign weapons in keyboard individually

Like - well I am giving my assign keys to weapons

Assault Riffle - 1
    Shield Gun - shift
    Bio [GOO ] - 3
    Shock - R
    Link Gun - 4
    Mini gun - Q
    Flak - F
    Rocket - E
    Lighting - C
    Crawl - Alt
    Translocator - Alt[when playing CTF and don't use Crawl that time]

4. Practice dodging/wall dodging/side dodging/forward/backward dodging so that you can perform these very smoothly [helps a lot becoming pro]

5. Start predicting your opponents move [This UT fast paced game mainly based on Prediction and reflex, prediction is always important]. Read your opponent's mind [discussed below]

6. Start timing armor/weapon. Redeemer and Double Damage [good to know]

Like - 100 armor comes after every 55 seconds
    50 armor comes after every 27.5. Use 27[for better timing] seconds
    Redeemer and DD [double damage] come after every 1 min and 24 seconds...

7. Use weapon hand hidden, because it will give you some advantages.

Advantages of Weapon Hidden Hand

Using weapon hand hidden gives advantage in sudden face to face battle when your opponent is breathing over your shoulder or you will often feel that your weapon is blocking your view or perhaps weapon is taking some space of your view .And in case of direct upward or downward view hidden hand will always come handy. I used to play with right hand view but after realizing the hidden hand comfy i started playing hidden hand in fact all my team members are using hidden hand view. More over you will have a clear view of screen to make yourself comfy with hidden view you have to assign your CROSS HAIR for each and every weapon so that you can recognize just by seeing cross hair what weapon is in your hand, at first you will have troubles but after some time things will be more smoother than ever........try it out, obviously it'll improve your skill such as I use crosshair3 for mini,circle5 for flak

Playing Mind Games With yours opponent

Well if you have an awesome aim or prediction in shock/LG then you don't need wary for winning games. Sometimes instead of taking the armor its better to let your opponents take the armor so that you can occur massive amount of damage. For instance [real example] : one day when I was playing with BS[Blood 中中中] in Rankin BS was going to take the 100 armor and I had like 50 health with no armor so i didn't had the courage to fight with him. So I let BS to take the 100 armor and from the rocket launcher area I sneak peaked and did a shock combo straight to the 100 armor area and additionally a give a LG shot and after taking the 100 armor BS was left with just 6 health and I won that battle.

Fooling Your Opponent by Your Moves

Another point is don't let your opponent to predict your moves. One of the main features of pros is "prediction" it is always enjoyable to make your moves unpredictable so that your opponent can't decide where to fire. Sometimes make unpredictable move or such moves that you can't even predict what will be your next move sometimes it helps lot to win battle. I can suggest one of my Flak cannon anti strategy which I have learn t from Computer BOT. Cases like your opponents firing cannon balls to you. You try to predict your opponent's mind I mean where your opponent is going fire and dodge the other way. Like if your opponent fires at your right side thinking that you will be dodging right side in your next move then dodge left and again the prediction starts this time or second time your opponent will think that you will move to your left but you will dodge to your right side. Sometimes you can vary your movement by dodging twice in the same direction. By applying this strategy you can own your opponent even with empty handed or even with shield gun. I applied this strategy and won battle many times with BS [again same person].so I suggest all of you to apply this tip in your game play. oh i forgot to mention one thing play against godlike computer bots and use flak cannon to kill them then you will see how they dodge against your lame flak computer bots will always dodge the other side you predict make you feel like dumb or stupid.

Influencing Your Opponent

One more important thing is that after having a face to face battle when your opponent has won the battle but you are sure that he has maximum 40 or less health then after spawning you can go to the health areas to make your opponent prey for you or you can do another thing you can damage yourself with flak or rocket and then take the health packs thus your opponent won't have the health packs to collect so will he'll be more desperate for health packs or vials and your opponent's movement will be influenced. By this you can at least create a disorder to your opponent's plan or move or can guess where your opponent might be.

Improving Shock Aim

If you want to improve your aim in shock then just for couple of days play with shock. While playing dodge like you are playing with any human opponent and try to aim at the shock ball to do the shock combo. It's because you are practicing shock combo not the shock primary fire. By the way shock is the most nefarious weapon in UT2k4 along with LG so if you can improve your shock aim then the UT world will be at your feet.

Harassing Your Opponent

Play elusively and give your opponents damage with Shock and LG regular on a basis and your opponent will be harassed. What will happen??? if you hit your opponent with LG 2 times and then disappear your opponent will have to collect the health packs and then additionally he will have to go for shield timing [100 and 50] in additionally he will have to collect the weapons and ammo and vials which will make your opponent running like a dog and the most important thing is your opponent is taking the damage but he can't give you damage because you've disappeared. Sometimes this strategy makes your opponent angry mad or even more and then suddenly he will make a mistake and all you have to do is to take the advantages of that mistake. Mistakes like Late armor timing / or forget to collect health packs....etc.
    Even I have experienced this type of situation and when i was the victim of this strategy was going mad. Seriously it will make your opponent fully MAD or disappointed

Be cool headed

Now this is the most important lesson of this thread. Always try to be extremely cool headed or cold blooded otherwise sometimes you may lose the match instead of wining. May your opponent use all the niftiest tricks in the world but no matter what happens you can't just go mad and lose the game. If you find that you are having difficulties to keep your head Icy cool then try to put a Ice on you head before playing any match this might help . Apart from the joke surely you can be lagging behind 10 frags but still you don't have the right reasons to be mad. Just calm down and see what chances still left are for winning the match. It's a fact that i have won many matches before where I was 10 frags behind. But i had managed to win the match just because i wasn't mad.

Extra tips for average

Always play with full volume and don't enable music, always try to hear the sounds like vial pickups/armor taking. Sometimes if you failed to take the armor even if you knew the exact time of spawning then hear the sound of armor taking[when your opponent is taking it] and look at the time when it was taken, thus you can still keep track of the armor. Don't chase except you are experienced players. After playing with your opponent if you think that he/she is good with shock and you might lose because of this reason then try to take the shock rifle and its packs or ammunition [weapon also spawns in 27 sec] every time and don't give him/her the chance to take shock rifle. In this case you should take shock and 100 armor [forget about 50 armor causes it will be hard to keep taking the items where both of them spawn at the same time]. Also predict your opponent move, don't bother to fire some rocket or shock combos in the air for no reason because you don't know your opponent might come and get some damage without even seeing you [this really sometimes helps one day i fired three rockets to the flak canon area [Rankin] from the LG area and dodged away to other area but those three rocket killed my opponent and I was like huh!!!!!!!!!]

Try to watch some demos of renowned world class UT players like Lauke/Gitzz/WD[heheheh part marlam r ki ] . If you are unable to find their demos then you can see the recent UT demos and learn from them.

P.S. - This post was created without proper review or planning and it may contain grammatical mistakes
    or similar sorts of errors which will never satisfy your particular standard of perfectness.

And if you need any tips then I/We will be happy to answer it.......so start practicing and dominate others. I am not a UT Veteran but a good player i have written those things regarding my experience so if you find that the tips aren't working for you then "Blame yourself ".

AND DON'T FORGET TO THANK ME
    Last edited by Walking Death; May 13th, 2011 at 17:33. Reason: to add more info & corrections

• TAW_LegendaryHero's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE GA-G33M-S2
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
      • RAM:
      • G-Skill 4x2GB 800MHz (5-5-5-15)
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache + WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Radeon HD 4850 512MB
      • Display:
      • ASUS VH236 1080p 2ms Widescreen LCD Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Want a Xi-fi Xtreme Gamer Edition
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech X-540 5.1 Speakers | Logitech G35 7.1 Surround Sound Headset
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Tarantula
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500
      • Controller:
      • Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Purepower 600W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 5.9 Windows Experience Index
      • ISP:
      • Midcontinent
      • Download Speed:
      • 2500 KB/s

Dodge(jump), strafe, dodge(jump), strafe, dodge(jump), strafe!!!! this is PARAMOUNT.
    Timing, timing, timing!!!! it's a must.
    Aim, aim, aim!!!! another must.

Time the shields, weapons, vials. Develop a pattern of pickups, and then develop an alternate pattern (just in case your opponent discovers your first pattern and ambushes you).
    Weapons, Ammos, Health, Health Vials, 50 shield = 27.5 seconds respawn time.
    DD = 55 seconds AFTER it has been dropped/used.
    100 shield = 55 seconds respawn time.
    Redeemer, Mega Health = 110 seconds respawn time.
    (recognize the time differences? they double with item power)

Learn to dodgejump and cover great distances quickly. Practice and find the quickest way to places. Shield jumping helps a lot too, to cover a massive distance or avoid combat and retreat.

LISTEN to your opponent's action. Each item pickup in UT has a different sound effect. Yes, that means, Shock pickup has one sound and Flak pickup has another. If you can master that, then you are a true master of the arena. International players almost always predict their opponent's destinations, just because of the sound.

Practice hitscan with Godlike bots. To raise the scales, edit the bot and max his accuracy and assign his Favorite weapon to shock or LG.

Never leave behind vials. If you miss the shield, vials will probably save your life.

If you miss the shield timing, wait for the sound cue of the shield when your opponent picks it, and time from the next one.

Apply psychology. Harass your opponent. Predict your opponent's movements.

Use weapons accordingly. Use common sense. LG for long range (close range if you are LG addict ). Rockets for tight corners. Mini for mid-range battles. Practice and discover your own preferences.

Utilizing the Shock Rifle will definitely raise your bar. Shock is the imba thingy of UT2004. This can be used to make or break a game. Practice Shock Combos while dodging, falling, jumping, lift jumping, sleeping ().

Don't chase too much. If you think you have brought your opponent's health down to 1 and you would need just one more flick of the mini to finish him off, but there is just that corner to cut, DO NOT rush in! most likely your opponent is heading for the 25 health item. Beat him there and wait for him. If you are restless, then at least, take out the shield gun and then come out of the corner; switch weapons then and finish him off.

Assign your own Weapon Input Keys. UT is greatly about speed (as are all other games).

Choose the cross-hair you are comfortable with. Most pros prefer dots. I use different cross-hairs for different weapons and also change the color (as WD said, to recognize the weapon in hand).

Use hidden weapon. At first, it may seem weird and absurd. It might not even feel like you are walking at all, but trust me, after enough practice you will realize the difference yourself. This gives a much clearer view to do hitscan battles and removes all sorts of distraction whatsoever (Thanks to WD for reminding me of this one).

Watch demos of champion players. search the net for good Unreal sites. Try to find the Lauke vs GitzZz ESWC 2005 Semi-finals demo (i am not sure if I am allowed to give link - question to Mods). That will change your outlook of UT forever. If you can't find them, then you can watch the Demos of our recent UT 2004 tourney as soon as we upload them.

Finally, never ever lose hope.

Disclaimer: I am not a master of all the advices I had aforementioned. I try to stick to them to improve my gameplay. However, these advices are not written in stone: they can be ignored, deleted, or modified. Ultimately it's up to you, and your own preferences. But some basic rules of thumb prevail. Reader discretion advised!

Jousting w/ Words - Tips for budding Freelance Writer

Practice using shield gun.. And wall dodge a lot. Trust me, you don't know how much its saved me.

Oh and stop using the scope on lightning gun. Always use normal fire on minigun when mid range, alternate fire on minigun when in close range. Never camp, it's a waste of time, always cover/support/backup your team mates.

Get a mic, the commands in-game waste a second.

Edit by LH_Sabbir: changed a swear word.

• Walking Death's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gaytell Chumma v.1
      • CPU:
      • Quad ballz [newly purchased :)]
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • My mouse has no balls
      • Controller:
      • Ami
      • Power Supply:
      • Biogas
      • Optical Drive:
      • fiber optic
      • USB Devices:
      • Gaysaccent 8 shitabyte
      • UPS:
      • Bio Gas dual
      • Operating System:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • Comment korlum
      • ISP:
      • Paile khun kormu
      • Download Speed:
      • 100 kilo BITE
      • Upload Speed:

Default Improving aim

many people just aim towards their target and shoot. you must aim ahead of the person slightly to hit them.
    to aim better, you must first learn the different gravities. low gravity makes you go farther on dodges and jumps so there is a different trajectory. you must learn these trajectories so you can aim far enough ahead to hit them.
    in the map face classic (for example), if there is low grav and they jump off of the top, it is also a different trajectory because now they are falling as they jump and you must learn to compensate fot that downward trajectory.
    the most notorious trajectory change is speed. the opponant moves 2 times as fast so you must aim 2 times farther in front of him.
    the easiest way to hit someone is when they are dodging or jumping. i have seen many people move around and wait for you to dodge just to kill you.
    i suggest having a friend with you to dodge while you try to shoot him. have him use speed and jump so you get a hang of the trajectories.
    also when dodging or jumping, u must compensate for your movements when you aim. so if they dodge the other way completely, you must move 2 times as fast to hit them. once you get the hang of trajectories, they will be slightly off in different servers but you will see major improvement in your aim.
    for opponents who move back and forth while shooting at you, find out their pattern and shoot where they will be next.
    weapons like flak cannons and such are not as affected by your aim, but u must remember to aim where they will be next if u want to hit them all the time and not waste your ammo

Like a wolf in sheep's clothing
    I try to hide my deepest sins,
    Of all the things that I've done wrong
    And I know where I belong.

http://www.last.fm/user/deathwalking

• Motherboard:
      • Gaytell Chumma v.1
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • My mouse has no balls
      • Controller:
      • Ami
      • Power Supply:
      • Biogas
      • Optical Drive:
      • fiber optic
      • USB Devices:
      • Gaysaccent 8 shitabyte
      • UPS:
      • Bio Gas dual
      • Operating System:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • Comment korlum
      • ISP:
      • Paile khun kormu
      • Download Speed:
      • 100 kilo BITE
      • Upload Speed:

Default Spawn Raping & predict Position

After dueling a little while on a level, you get to a point where you need a little more information about the level to effectively tweak your strategy. Mainly, widening the margin of victory or closing the margin of defeat. Luckily, its usually the former for me, and I wanna spawn rape as much as possible. So how do we get better at that? We learn the spawns.

There's a neat trick you can use in usually any FPS game to learn the spawns in any level. Simply type in your suicide command in the console (in ut2k4's case its ironically 'suicide') and respawn at a new spawn point. Just keep typing it until you've re-spawned about 30 times. If you were paying attention where you spawned, it should give you a good understanding on the chances of a player coming back to life in a any given area.

After doing this trick and playing 2 more duels, it made a difference. I got at least 2-3 more spawn kills in a game, simply because I ran to one area with the most spawn points directly after killing my opponent.

Knowing your opponent's postion can be pretty important in a duel.

Here are some pointers.

1. Use headphones
    2. Turn off all music including the unreal music. (Supposely there is a way to turn off background sounds in ini but it might turn off hte important sounds so I'm still looking into that).
    3. Listen for weapon pickups, and health pickups and try to predict where your enemy is coming from. If you can surprise him with a LG shot or a combo in his face, it can mean a kill.

• Motherboard:
      • Gaytell Chumma v.1
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • My mouse has no balls
      • Controller:
      • Ami
      • Power Supply:
      • Biogas
      • Optical Drive:
      • fiber optic
      • USB Devices:
      • Gaysaccent 8 shitabyte
      • UPS:
      • Bio Gas dual
      • Operating System:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • Comment korlum
      • ISP:
      • Paile khun kormu
      • Download Speed:
      • 100 kilo BITE
      • Upload Speed:

Default Getting better with shock

The Shock Rifle is not the most comfortable weapon in the game for me. Unfortunatly, it is the best weapon.

to improve shock aiming keep doing this 'only use shock for 3 months, no other weapons'.

Ironically, all it took was some time on an empty server for me to feel much more comfortable with the Shock. Everytime I needed to config the GameAmp UT Server I took a few minutes to just shoot shock combos in the warmup mode of UT Comp.

As silly as this may sound, it isolated my aim a bit and made me feel much more comfortable using the weapon as a primary, as opposed to a secondary. Usually, the biggest help on how to use a weapon is comfort with it, not so much a different way of using it.

After doing a bit of warmup w/ the Shock i had never really integrated shock into my loops on levels, though if it was there, I'd pick it up. Suffice to say I started using it more often and getting at least 3-10 more kills a game. I'd noticed my deaths decreased dramatically as well. The game definatly got a lot more interesting when I could hit my combos w/ that shock.

do what i have said and make your shock aim better.

• Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE GA-G33M-S2
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache + WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Tarantula
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • ISP:
      • Midcontinent
      • Download Speed:
      • 2500 KB/s

1.Spawn Raping And Getting Better with shock - Original Info by "Nogame".
    2.Predict position - Original Info by "gHost".

Source : Ut2004.GAmeamp.com

Collected BY Walking Death.

• Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE GA-G33M-S2
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Tarantula
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • ISP:
      • Midcontinent
      • Download Speed:
      • 2500 KB/s

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro.Dynamics View Post
    Can you explain a bit more Sabbir? All of that went way over my head!
    For hitscan battles, which means for Shock/LG battles, keep strafing left and right, and you will be harder to aim. But even then, vary how much you go left and how much you go right, so that your opponent has an even harder time. I asked to avoid dodge jumping when against LG/Shock because when you dodge jump, your motion becomes very very easy to aim, since dodge jumping has a floaty animation and takes relatively more time to land. Simple dodge works too, but dodge jumping will leave you vulnerable. Of course this is all assuming your opponent is striking from a distance.

For closeup battles, it is wiser to dodge jump this way and that. Since in closeup, the opponent will most likely charge with a flak or rocket or mini. Dodge jumping at closeup will force your opponent to move his mouse even faster than normal to aim at you, and will sometimes disorient him (it happens to me :S).

And yes, when you feel like this is a losing battle, you can always take out the shield gun, hit and hold Alt Fire, and dodge jump away to safety. I hope that cleared things up.

• HeLL]deathknight's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte HA-65-UD3H-B3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 2.91 Ghz Gen-2
      • RAM:
      • Twinmoss DDR3 1333mhz 4GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS GTX550 Ti
      • Display:
      • Philips CRT 17inch
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD 7.1 Channel,SteelSeries
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Suntec Headphones/SteelSeries Siberia V2
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech Slim Black
      • Mouse:
      • SteelSeries Sensei
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RP2
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte 550Watt
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Comment:
      • Enough for me !
      • ISP:
      • FusionBD/Link3 Technologies
      • Download Speed:
      • 120KBps/196KBps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 50KBps/200KBps

Default Re: Tips for newbies to improve in UT

I am newbie too but i guess the best solution is to be a very good hitscanner..all the worldclass players specialize with the Shock rifle and LG.

And its fun when you hit your opponent...and its impossible to dodge a shock rifle and LG shot since its just single hit. And LG is the best way to harass your opponent..think at the start of a match you can get a easy frag. If you have a LG. 2xLG shot=140 damage. Ar start only 100 health thake . Shock is the best weapon if you can handle it..but i think starters should go at first with LG since its easier with LG

These are some really good tips and tricks, wish i had them few years back. I request any UT players to take their time and read them. You might never know, they might change the way you play UT .

• Motherboard:
      • Gaytell Chumma v.1
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • My mouse has no balls
      • Controller:
      • Ami
      • Power Supply:
      • Biogas
      • Optical Drive:
      • fiber optic
      • USB Devices:
      • Gaysaccent 8 shitabyte
      • UPS:
      • Bio Gas dual
      • Operating System:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • Comment korlum
      • ISP:
      • Paile khun kormu
      • Download Speed:
      • 100 kilo BITE
      • Upload Speed:

thanks for acknowledging and thanks for the complement

am a bit of a newb in ut3,so am asking how to these dodge techniques effectively:
    1.dodge jump
    2.wall dodge
    3.lift jump

the simple dodge techniques can be performed easily but am having probs. on executing these ones

Noblesse Oblige
    • CvP's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770K @3.9GHz
      • RAM:
      • GSkill TridentX 2x8GB DDR3 @2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 256GB SSD; WD Caviar Black 2TB; Hitachi 250GB; Samsung S3 1.5TB; Hitachi 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 980Ti 6GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17"+22"+22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD Audio <internal>
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 5:1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
      • Mouse:
      • G7
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic X 850W 80Plus Gold
      • Optical Drive:
      • External DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • Logitech Carl Zeiss Tessar HD 1080p Webcam
      • UPS:
      • Mercury 1500VA with Large Lead-Acid Battery
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Everything packed in a NZXT Phantom 820
      • ISP:
      • Link3/Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

dodge jump is removed in UT3. (it is only in UT2k3/2k4).

you can not wall dodge if you have already dodged once and didn't touch the ground.
    and doing wall dodge isn't that hard. just jump towards a wall and hit the direction
    key opposite to wall twice, very fast.

life jump highly depends on the lift velocity.
    the trick is to press jump when the lift is at its maximum velocity.
    usually, this is right before the life stops.
    The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
    Please do not PM me for support. You will NOT get a reply. Post in the relevant forum section.

i will try but 2k4 was really cool than this 2k3
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

• Motherboard:
      • Gaytell Chumma v.1
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • My mouse has no balls
      • Controller:
      • Ami
      • Power Supply:
      • Biogas
      • Optical Drive:
      • fiber optic
      • USB Devices:
      • Gaysaccent 8 shitabyte
      • UPS:
      • Bio Gas dual
      • Operating System:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • Comment korlum
      • ISP:
      • Paile khun kormu
      • Download Speed:
      • 100 kilo BITE
      • Upload Speed:

damn way too many mistakes was in the guide but now i have reviewd and it's good to go again

new players[who are participating in the recent tournament] should read this thread if they want to win the tournament

• AurorA's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • intel dg35fb
      • CPU:
      • core 2 duo 3.0 ghz
      • RAM:
      • 4 gb
      • Hard Drive:
      • maxtor 320
      • Graphics Card:
      • XFX 8800 GT Alpha Dog Edition
      • Display:
      • BenQ T52Wa 16'
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative 4:1
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Upload Speed:
      • 10-12

hey i just read it.thnx 4 the tips.........if we r playing ut2k4 then how 2 dodge jump???
    ŰŘŘ

• Motherboard:
      • Gaytell Chumma v.1
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • My mouse has no balls
      • Controller:
      • Ami
      • Power Supply:
      • Biogas
      • Optical Drive:
      • fiber optic
      • USB Devices:
      • Gaysaccent 8 shitabyte
      • UPS:
      • Bio Gas dual
      • Operating System:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • Comment korlum
      • ISP:
      • Paile khun kormu
      • Download Speed:
      • 100 kilo BITE
      • Upload Speed:

To dodge jump at first you need to master dodge properly otherwise dodge jump will be difficult for you.
    Dodge jumping basically it's nothing but press jump button at the start of dodge.It's hard to explain and even if i explain it to you,you will find it hard to learn so i would say watch the demos you will surely learn how to dodge

---------- Post added at 01:59 ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 ----------

Mastering dodge is a tough one specially when you are new,i had difficulties at first time then after sometime with practising i could dodge only side ways but couldn't dodge forward and backward.Then i saw some demos and agian tried hard basically the thing is when you want to dodge forward just angel your view slightly left and then dodge forward. What will happen basically forward dodging is way 中中ing tough[because forward dodging while looking staright will cause you to stop for a second] so if you walk straight forward but slightly angel your view a little left and then dodge you will dodge smoothly without stopping,see you are still confusing and perhaps I'am unable to explain it clearly so i would recommend you to watch the demos to get the clear concept.

• AurorA's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • intel dg35fb
      • CPU:
      • core 2 duo 3.0 ghz
      • RAM:
      • 4 gb
      • Hard Drive:
      • maxtor 320
      • Graphics Card:
      • XFX 8800 GT Alpha Dog Edition
      • Display:
      • BenQ T52Wa 16'
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative 4:1
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Upload Speed:
      • 10-12

no i understand but y do i even need this instead of sideways dodging?????????
    ŰŘŘ

• Motherboard:
      • Gaytell Chumma v.1
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • My mouse has no balls
      • Controller:
      • Ami
      • Power Supply:
      • Biogas
      • Optical Drive:
      • fiber optic
      • USB Devices:
      • Gaysaccent 8 shitabyte
      • UPS:
      • Bio Gas dual
      • Operating System:
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • Comment korlum
      • ISP:
      • Paile khun kormu
      • Download Speed:
      • 100 kilo BITE
      • Upload Speed:

this is only for straight dodging ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just watch the demos everything will be as clean as water

Noblesse Oblige
    • CvP's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770K @3.9GHz
      • RAM:
      • GSkill TridentX 2x8GB DDR3 @2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 256GB SSD; WD Caviar Black 2TB; Hitachi 250GB; Samsung S3 1.5TB; Hitachi 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 980Ti 6GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17"+22"+22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD Audio <internal>
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 5:1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
      • Mouse:
      • G7
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic X 850W 80Plus Gold
      • Optical Drive:
      • External DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • Logitech Carl Zeiss Tessar HD 1080p Webcam
      • UPS:
      • Mercury 1500VA with Large Lead-Acid Battery
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Everything packed in a NZXT Phantom 820
      • ISP:
      • Link3/Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

ganja khaisos? even im confused reading this.

@Aurora

forward/backward dodge "power" (speed/distance) is less than sideways dodge.
    and by design of the keyboard, it is easier to dodge with A/D rather than W/S.

now, while moving, you can certainly dodge sideways. but that wont take you in
    places faster. so what to do?

u can try using forward dodge, but for that, you need to tap W twice.
    this is kinda hard to do and you have to stop for a while (since you are releasing W).

instead of these, try this:

press and hold W and keep moving forward

turn your view (with mouse) slightly left (or right) [about 35 to 40 degree angle]

while holding W, rapidly press right (or left) button to dodge sideways (this sideway is the FORWARD before you turn your view!)

now turn your view slightly right (or left) to face the previous direction you were going.

see the attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ut fast dodge.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	1010  
    The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
    Please do not PM me for support. You will NOT get a reply. Post in the relevant forum section.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast