• ????
      • Comment:
      • It works!!
      • Console:

Default Core gaming is dead?

worth a look.

http://www.gameondaily.com/core-gaming-is-dead/
    ‘Core Gaming’ is dead

Accessibility. A word that usually has positive connotations in life has recently become a noun that strikes fear at the hearts of those discerning gamers who have had no choice but to find themselves relegated to the sidelines, observing their favourite genres and even franchises become diluted in order to cater for the mass market. Is this accessibility really a curse or a blessing and if it is the former, who is to blame for this new trend? Console gamers? Developers? We find out and look to see who the real culprits are behind this trend.

Video games, from the very beginning, have always been challenging. Take Pac-Man for example; a gaming classic that is almost 12 years old. The premise of the game is simple; you control a spherical drug addict suffering from jaundice and have to collect pills in a maze before ghosts devour you. Yet its simplicity and accessibility do not allude to the difficulty of the game. The same can be said for the vast majority of older classics such as Mario or Megaman. Recently I played Streets of Rage under the erroneous assumption that, now after more than a decade’s worth of gaming, a simple 2D platformer I struggled with as a child would be a piece of cake. Boy was I wrong. I may have acquired over 140 tactical nukes on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or gone on a few rampages on Halo, but that in no way prepared me for the battering I received at the hands of the pixels compiled to barely recognisable human beings. No infinite continues or checkpoints? No saves? It was official; modern day gaming had bludgeoned my senses to mush and made me a soft marshmallow glutton for punishment.

The release of Battlefield 3, for the most part, was met with praise and glowing reviews (as far as the multiplayer is concerned anyway) and for good reason- it is an excellent FPS. However, if you go deeper beyond the sea of casual gamers, many of whom have never even played Battlefield 2, you will notice a sizeable group of gamers who look upon Battlefield 3 in resentment at what it has become, in their opinion; a dumbed-down version of its predecessor, dolled up for the next-generation. To better understand this ill-feeling, one should observe DICE’s response to a question posed by an interviewer who asked about the lack of Commander Mode in Battlefield 3 (a key feature in Battlefield 2):

DICE: “We could implement it, but the question is ‘How do you get the threshold lower?’ That’s not by making it more complicated. Our challenge is to make sure that anyone that just jumps into the game will get it.”

Commander mode was a very important feature in Battlefield 2 in that it allowed someone to coordinate the myriad of different squads to the appropriate objectives. Have you played Battlefield 3 recently? You will come across some of the most downright clueless players online who clearly don’t even know that an objective exists in the game let alone help carry it out. This in turn, has a knock-on affect on the squads these so-called players form and thus ultimately undermines any hope of effective teamwork, something that is an essential part of the Battlefield experience. But one gets the feeling that it is precisely these kind of players that are catered for when you ‘lower the complexity threshold’. And it’s not just Battlefield 3 that is guilty of this. Cliffy B was bandying around the term ‘accessibility’ before the release of Gears of War 3. However, one particular franchise will inevitably come to mind when discussing this and that is much loved and loathed, Call of Duty.

The original Call of Duty Modern Warfare is the definition of a ‘killer app’. It is, however, the sequel that elaborated upon the original Modern Warfare’s formula that really shot to fame. The game’s mechanics proved to be so successful that a myriad of different games have tried to copy its formula such as Medal of Honour, Crysis 2, Killzone 3, Halo 4 (to name but a few) and its influence has spread to titles that aren’t even FPS’ such as Uncharted 3. The latter games are all ‘heavy-weight’ titles and thus, it’s not just a case of smaller devs trying to leech off of Call of Duty’s success. So what does Call of Duty do so well that it has an army of imitators behind it? One word comes to mind and yes you guessed it….accessibility.

Setting a bad example on the industry?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and all subsequent Call of Duty games do one thing, and they do it very well; they constantly hold your hand and simultaneously make you feel like a hero. Call of Duty’s tremendous popularity and success is a cause for concern for more discerning gamers and rightfully so- its influence is seeping into our beloved franchises and not for the best. Traditional gamers that have helped the industry become what it is today now find themselves in a sub-group called ‘core gamers’ and feel increasingly neglected (see Microsoft and the Xbox One and contrast this to its earlier focus on ‘core gamers’). The quality of our games are suffering as a result much like how the majority of Hollywood movies are.

THE GOOD OL’ DAYS!

Will we ever see the return of shooters like Unreal Tournament and Quake?

Thus, it’s with teary eyed nostalgia that I reminisce about a time where games were actually challenging and developers strived to find ways to make them even more so. An honourable mention should go to true competitive FPS’ such as the Quake series and Unreal Tournament. Quake 3 was revolutionary at the time it was released because of its sole focus on multiplayer- with its blisteringly fast gameplay, brilliant map design and unrelenting weapons. There was no hand-holding with Quake 3: if you were rubbish at the game then you knew it instantly and not because the game rewarded you for your failures. Casual gamers? They can take a railgun slug to the face for all I care.

These days, FPS’ usually involve the use of a generic gun to instantly kill someone- its just simply a case of who spots who first. This is a far cry from the days of say, Unreal Tournament 2004 where weapon designs were not only skill-based but also extremely creative. Do you remember the Shock Rifle? It had two firing modes- one releasing a plasma slug and the other a plasma ball. However, if you were skilled enough, you could fire the plasma ball and then shoot the plasma slug at it to create a greater explosion that was devastating to the enemy. Its simple premise belies its difficulty however; executing this move successfully in the heat of battle wasn’t easy but it was extremely rewarding.

CONSOLE GAMING = MORE NOOBS?

Are developers really at fault for this trend of ‘dumbing’ games down or are gamers responsible for this shift in focus, afterall, look at the tremendous popularity of the Call of Duty franchise that shows no signs of stagnating year after year. The fact of the matter is, the gaming audience has changed; it is no longer the pursuit of those dedicated few who actually understand things such as bump-mapping, dedicated servers anti-aliasing etc.

These days, almost everyone has a games console and a vast majority of them play online. The Nintendo Wii hyper-accelerated the introduction of non-gamers to gaming and generally, there are far more gamers now than ever before. With the ever-increasing costs of developing games, can we really blame developers for not wanting to overwhelm the gaming masses with things that aren’t understandable at a cursory glance and require some patience and learning?

Are consoles to blame for the lack of true core games?

Many PC gamers blame this trend of ‘casualising’ gaming on consoles and console gamers. There is no denying that the majority PC gamers are a more dedicated bunch in that they spend a considerable amount of money on building their PCs just for gaming. The PC platform and the flexibility it affords will always make it the platform of choice for many gamers. FPS’ such as Quake 3, Unreal Tournament or Counter Strike are only really playable on PCs unless you make allowances such as bigger hit-boxes or auto aim assist for consoles due to the lack of precision that controllers afford. Furthermore, RTS’ such as Command and Conquer, Starcraft, Warhammer etc are only really playable on PCs due to the breadth of input options afforded by virtue of a mouse and keyboard. Take all this into account plus the fact that PCs can be upgraded and you can understand why the PC’s do not limit developers as much as consoles do.

However, consoles cannot be blamed solely for this trend because, afterall, it was on consoles that the likes of Sonic and Mario were born. Consoles have helped the gaming medium take over others such as movies and books and helped spearhead gaming to where it is today.

HOPE FOR THE FUTURE

Thankfully, some games still cater for the hardcore

Thankfully, it is not all gloom and doom as there are developers today that, rather admirably, refuse to get suckered into this trend of catering solely for ADHD sufferers and games such as Demon Souls and Ninja Gaiden are held in high esteem for that very reason. It’s hard to imagine a game like Quake 3 being successful today unless it is loaded with gimmick after gimmick to appease the scourge of so-called new generation of gamers.

Let’s just hope that developers aren’t swayed too much by the lure of profit to completely relinquish their ties with the people that made the gaming industry the force it is today.

lastly apologies for direct copying & pasting.

• Cpt.Mactavish's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG31PR
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2D
      • RAM:
      • 2GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 250GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Samsung syncmaster S19A300B 18.5"inch LED
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD
      • Power Supply:
      • Generic Tiner Box
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD RW
      • UPS:
      • Prolink
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Cpu:5.4,Gpu:7.1,HDD:5.9
      • Comment:
      • Happy with it!

someone tell me it's summery

• chosen1's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • foxcon H55
      • CPU:
      • core i3 540 3.07
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 4 GB DDR3 1600 BUS( 2*2 GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • HITACHI 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • NVIDIA GeForce GT 440(apatoto),
      • Display:
      • Acer s273hl 27 inch
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire M4500
      • Keyboard:
      • Generic
      • Mouse:
      • Generic
      • Controller:
      • ORIGINAL Xbox 360 wireless+Razer Onza Xbox360 Tournament Eddition+ 2X ps3 dualshock controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Generic
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung Truedirect DVD RW
      • USB Devices:
      • 16 GB Transcend Pendrive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Comment:
      • currently gaming in Xbox 360 , PS3, PS4,soon gonna update the pc though
      • ISP:
      • Local
      • Console:

egula r notun news ki bro..the golden era of gaming is gone...I feel pity for the new gamers aka pichhi polapainz...jonmo howar por khali chokher shamne stunning graphics e dektese....valo gameplay khub beshi dekhe ny...shamne khub beshi dekbe kina ke jane?

• giant's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI H77MA-G43
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.6ghz
      • RAM:
      • 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz ||TwinMOS 4+2+2 GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 850 PRO 256GB || WDC Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD 7950 3GB DDR5 Vapor-X || [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229H 21.5inch , Sony Bravia R426B 32inch
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek ALC892
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • F&D A520 2.1ch || Xiaomi Mi Basic
      • Keyboard:
      • Delux K9020
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402 || Razer Goliathus Control Edition
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft Xbox 360 wired controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake SE 630W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW-24B3ST (24x)
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree SP600B(PC starts without switching the UPS, on :D)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • packed in a NZXT S340 White Version
      • ISP:
      • Link 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Mactavish View Post
    someone tell me it's summery
    amareo

• Ahnaf_i7X's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K cooled by TT Frio Extreme
      • RAM:
      • Corsair XMS 3 (4GBx2=8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba (1TB)7500rpm, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ OC Edition 8GB
      • Display:
      • Viewsonic 22" 1080p (1920x1080)
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek Integrated Sound
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • A4Tech Headphones
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech ComfortKey
      • Mouse:
      • Thermaltake eSports Talon Blu Gaming Mouse
      • Controller:
      • Generic Gamepad Plug n Play
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W 80+ Bronze
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 22x DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • PS4 DualShock 4 Controller
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Comment:
      • I love my PC and my PC electrocutes me.
      • ISP:
      • I dont have one
      • Download Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Upload Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Mactavish View Post
    someone tell me it's summary
    Yes please, i'm too lazy to read the whole thing
    Loved by few,
    Hated by many
    But respected by all!!

• codename5302's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X99-UD5 Wifi
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5820K cooled by Custom Water Cooling
      • RAM:
      • 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung SM951 250GB, Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB, WD Red 6TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac 980Ti Amp Extreme
      • Display:
      • Iiyama Prolite XB2779QS, Acer GD245HQ 120Hz
      • Sound Card:
      • Fiio Andes E07K
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Z 5500/ Creative Aurvana Live/ Sennheiser HD558
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry Brown)
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500S, Perixx MX2000B, Logitech G400S
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft XBox 360 Controller, Saitek P2600
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair RM850
      • Optical Drive:
      • LG BluRay Drive, LG DVDRW Drive
      • UPS:
      • 2 * Prollink 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64Bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • ????
      • Comment:
      • It works!!
      • Console:

as expected. new gen gamers. no offense please.

why not read and find yourself what's the issue?

@chosen1 , these issues are long prevailing and not to be gone soon. just venting my frustration.

• chosen1's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • foxcon H55
      • CPU:
      • core i3 540 3.07
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • HITACHI 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Acer s273hl 27 inch
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire M4500
      • Keyboard:
      • Generic
      • Mouse:
      • Generic
      • Controller:
      • ORIGINAL Xbox 360 wireless+Razer Onza Xbox360 Tournament Eddition+ 2X ps3 dualshock controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Generic
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Local
      • Console:

^^areh bhai this issues will never gone...ekhonkar game nya amar o frustration ase
    jokon choto chilam tokhon bhabtam boro hoye i will buy my own hardware with my own money...kintu day by day Game er jey obosta hoytese hardware er pisone HARD EARNED money dhalte r ichha kore na...

IN SHA ALLAH next year amar nijer takay Xbox1/ps4/Extreme good GPU kinar moto obosta thakbe....kintu din din Game eto easy+shosta gameplay+less hardcore hoyte thaakle mone hoy na r kisu kina hobe

• codename5302's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X99-UD5 Wifi
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5820K cooled by Custom Water Cooling
      • RAM:
      • 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung SM951 250GB, Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB, WD Red 6TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac 980Ti Amp Extreme
      • Display:
      • Iiyama Prolite XB2779QS, Acer GD245HQ 120Hz
      • Sound Card:
      • Fiio Andes E07K
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Z 5500/ Creative Aurvana Live/ Sennheiser HD558
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry Brown)
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500S, Perixx MX2000B, Logitech G400S
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft XBox 360 Controller, Saitek P2600
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair RM850
      • Optical Drive:
      • LG BluRay Drive, LG DVDRW Drive
      • UPS:
      • 2 * Prollink 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64Bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • ????
      • Comment:
      • It works!!
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by chosen1 View Post
    ^^areh bhai this issues will never gone...ekhonkar game nya amar o frustration ase
    jokon choto chilam tokhon bhabtam boro hoye i will buy my own hardware with my own money...kintu day by day Game er jey obosta hoytese hardware er pisone HARD EARNED money dhalte r ichha kore na...

IN SHA ALLAH next year amar nijer takay Xbox1/ps4/Extreme good GPU kinar moto obosta thakbe....kintu din din Game eto easy+shosta gameplay+less hardcore hoyte thaakle mone hoy na r kisu kina hobe
    but you wont have that much time to tinker your hardware and passion for games by that time. i am suffering from this situation. right now i play only some selctive games. time is very cruel, when you have you dont have money, when you have money you dont have time

• Sybaris Caesar's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DH61WW B3 Rev.
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 3.10 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • Leadtek Winfast GTX 560 ti 1GB GDDR5 822/1644/4008
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • Original Xbox 360 Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH222 22x DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • Orlando 800va(packet e lekha apollo)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Upload Speed:
      • ∞

@Ahnaf_i7X , @Cpt.Mactavish , @giant in short "White knuckling, truly competitive and enjoyable games are slowly being poisoned along with the breed of first generation of video gamers. Who's at fault you CoD MW1, you devs concentrating your business stretagy more towards consolers and you casual gamers"
    My probable next build: Qisan MagicForce 68 (Outemu switch) / Teamwolf Zhuque+ 87 TKL (Outemu) / Monoprice Select series full size (Outemu/Gateron) / Drevo Gramr 84 TKL (Outemu) • Logitech G102 Prodigy • Deepcool Dukase V3 / Thermaltake Versa U21 • Superlux HD 681 • Creative Sound Blaster E1 • LG 22MP68VQ • SteelSeries QcK • Generic executive chair • others TBA

djrock please don't bother me. You are in my ignore list so I don't have to see literal poop.

• Muhammad Zunaid's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H55M-LE
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • G Skill Ripjaws [4GBx2]=8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi Deskstar 500GB+1TB+ WD Cavier Black 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI 580 TwinFrozrII OC and XFX 9600GT xXx Alpha Dog Edition
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster T220
      • Sound Card:
      • Inbuilt Realtek Codec
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS4121
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt esports KNUCKER
      • Mouse:
      • Genius standard mouse
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675W [80 PLUS BRONZE]
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung Writemaster 20x DVD-Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Canon Lide110 Scanner
      • UPS:
      • RA 1000VA + Powertree 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • want to upgrade soon!
      • ISP:
      • LINK3
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

i guess a HUGE reason for this casual attitude towards games is that, we the consumers have a lot more things than before that we can do with our 'fixed' time. see, spendable time or leisure time has not increased for us. instead, it has decreased because there a lot more things to do now. like, following your favourite 4 tv series instead of jut 1 show. check facebook for updates. a general surfing of the internet. a huge choice of games with good storyline [very important to me]. trying to earn a few extra bucks , be it oDesk or freelancer or the good ol' tea ching students. [this one takes a huge portion of my day].

and with these extra things comes the need for a bit of extra rest. after a long day with uni and teaching, i usually am not in the mood for gaming because i am not a casual gamer plus i am a bit tired so i do sth relaxing like surf the internet feeding my brain some news and tech stuff. for me, i need to find all the hidden extras, play at atleast @ hard settings, etc to get all the fun out of the game. my attitude takes a lot of time to finish a game which i don't have and so i hate myself for keeping unfinished games and so don't start to play to begin with.

the most recent game i played is bioshock infinite which took almost 5-6 days with 3-4 hours sit ins over a period of a month. i played it only because a lot of my friends and the internet said that the ending was amazing.[ i never got to play bioshock 1 and 2 as hw was lacking and when i got new hw, i was busy with newer titles] and i loved it also. researched into possible explanations and stuff. so thats how i game. i do 'post-gaming' as well, if you will.
    I, for one, now own a very good card, thanks to you sir, but i find myself gaming less and less. my time has become a bit more valuable.

now i am NOT saying i am a hardcore gamer, but i do consider myself as a core gamer which the topic is about. and maybe, this is one of the more important reasons why gamings gone a bit casual cause more people are less willing to invest their time into hard games...

Noblesse Oblige
    • CvP's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770K @3.9GHz
      • RAM:
      • GSkill TridentX 2x8GB DDR3 @2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 256GB SSD; WD Caviar Black 2TB; Hitachi 250GB; Samsung S3 1.5TB; Hitachi 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 980Ti 6GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17"+22"+22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD Audio <internal>
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 5:1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
      • Mouse:
      • G7
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic X 850W 80Plus Gold
      • Optical Drive:
      • External DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • Logitech Carl Zeiss Tessar HD 1080p Webcam
      • UPS:
      • Mercury 1500VA with Large Lead-Acid Battery
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Everything packed in a NZXT Phantom 820
      • ISP:
      • Link3/Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by codename5302 View Post
    but you wont have that much time to tinker your hardware and passion for games by that time. i am suffering from this situation. right now i play only some selctive games. time is very cruel, when you have you dont have money, when you have money you dont have time
    true.
    The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
    Please do not PM me for support. You will NOT get a reply. Post in the relevant forum section.

• minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55"
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps

Damn i've been blaming myself for being bored with most of the titles. Now i know its not me
    rather its the games getting dumbed down hence, ruining all the fun. Those who were looking for a summary, This is it.

Forum Staff
    • dipanzan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z87 HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Dominator 16GB 1600
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Western Digital 1TB Blue, My Passport 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • HIS HD5850
      • Display:
      • Dell P2212H
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar DGx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD598
      • Keyboard:
      • Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Ninja Reds
      • Mouse:
      • Mionix Avior 7000, Steelseries XAI
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair HX650 v2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 :: Linksys WRT54GL w/ DD-WRT
      • Download Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s

Quote Originally Posted by minitt View Post
    Damn i've been blaming myself for being bored with most of the titles. Now i know its not me
    rather its the games getting dumbed down hence, ruining all the fun. Those who were looking for a summary, This is it.
    The new games are really no fun nowadays? I used to buy a new game the moment it came out when I was in class 8. Nowadays I only play multiplayer games like CS/LoL. Damn times have changed then, I was looking forward to play some single player titles during my break.

• minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55"
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps

This trend will continue for quite some time. :/ "Deep breath" followed by yawn. If u r bored, i suggest don't go for any major upgrade unless there is a good game that demands it.

I had plan for gpu upgrade but then postponed in the middle. Brought an Antec HCG 620M from canada and now I'm running it with a HD 5770

Forum Staff
    • aayman's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Gaming Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 1700 @3.7GHz (H100i v2)
      • RAM:
      • 2x8GB Trident Z 3600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 960 EVO 250GB + SanDisk SSDX 960GB + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 1070 FTW
      • Display:
      • ASUS PG279Q + Dell U2312HM
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Zx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser PC350SE + Phillips SPH9500
      • Keyboard:
      • CM QuickFire Stealth
      • Mouse:
      • FinalMouse Scream One | Logitech G403
      • Controller:
      • Steam Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 1703
      • ISP:
      • AmberIT

@zunaid bro pretty much said everything I want to. In this day and age, we are all stretched for time. Our schedules no longer allow spending hours just to learn a whole new skill in a virtual world because real world takes priority.

Its not only dumbing down of games, it's also because we remember fiction. We "think" we had a much better time years ago, when in reality it could've been just as fun as it was today, but we simply think that was better. We were younger, obviously we were entertained more easily lol.

These days, hard difficulty in games only mean every gun other than yours will be shooting at you instead of AI characters. So it just turns into a timed event, stay in cover till they reload, pop out and shoot, done.

I don't blame the devs though, costs of development have gone up exponentially, and if you want to see any games at all, then this is the way it's going to be.

• chosen1's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • foxcon H55
      • CPU:
      • core i3 540 3.07
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • HITACHI 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Acer s273hl 27 inch
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire M4500
      • Keyboard:
      • Generic
      • Mouse:
      • Generic
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Generic
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Local
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by codename5302 View Post
    already facing this

• Muhammad Zunaid's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H55M-LE
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • G Skill Ripjaws [4GBx2]=8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi Deskstar 500GB+1TB+ WD Cavier Black 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI 580 TwinFrozrII OC and XFX 9600GT xXx Alpha Dog Edition
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster T220
      • Sound Card:
      • Inbuilt Realtek Codec
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS4121
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt esports KNUCKER
      • Mouse:
      • Genius standard mouse
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675W [80 PLUS BRONZE]
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung Writemaster 20x DVD-Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Canon Lide110 Scanner
      • UPS:
      • RA 1000VA + Powertree 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • want to upgrade soon!
      • ISP:
      • LINK3
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by aayman View Post
    Its not only dumbing down of games, it's also because we remember fiction. We "think" we had a much better time years ago, when in reality it could've been just as fun as it was today, but we simply think that was better. We were younger, obviously we were entertained more easily lol.
    exactly... its all virtual skills that i gain in games... and i even tried playing some old games which really really were fond to me but didn't quite bring that feeling. i feel like we tend too exaggerate a bit when it comes to games of old and how we just loved them for their amazing gameplay mechanics and story etc. its just that what we want from games have matured like we did in the past 10 years... i got this evidence when my choice for tv series and animes changed as i wanted more grounded characters and slightly darker themes with more 'real' problems to relate to. just see how new batman movies are so different [and a huge success] than the cartoonish batman movies of the old. its just not me but the whole generation [2000s and 2010s {like the 80s}].

• asif105878's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-450M Processor 2.40GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.66 GHz
      • RAM:
      • 4GB DDR3 800MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB 7200rpm, 1+1.5+2 TB external
      • Graphics Card:
      • Intel GMA HD
      • Display:
      • ASUS VH238H, 14.0” diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
      • Sound Card:
      • Integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lancing, A4Tech Hs-30
      • Keyboard:
      • CM Storm Trigger, Logitech, 101-key compatible with island-style full-size keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech M125
      • Controller:
      • DualShock 3, XBOX controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuck, Mad Catz X360 CoDBO PrecisionAIM Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 65W
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • Sony Walkman, Portable HDD, USB flash drive
      • UPS:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Home Premium x64
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • stuck with it atm :(
      • ISP:
      • Comocast
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Another reason is that developers now try to appeal to the lowest common denominator, so that more people will play their games. After the success of Call of Duty series (post modern warfare), publishers are trying to attract more people to buy their games hoping it would be as successful as CoD.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

• Sybaris Caesar's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DH61WW B3 Rev.
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 3.10 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • Leadtek Winfast GTX 560 ti 1GB GDDR5 822/1644/4008
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • Original Xbox 360 Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH222 22x DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • Orlando 800va(packet e lekha apollo)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Upload Speed:
      • ∞

Quote Originally Posted by asif105878 View Post
    Another reason is that developers now try to appeal to the lowest common denominator, so that more people will play their games. After the success of Call of Duty series (post modern warfare), publishers are trying to attract more people to buy their games hoping it would be as successful as CoD.
    That's what the guy already said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aayman View Post
    These days, hard difficulty in games only mean every gun other than yours will be shooting at you instead of AI characters. So it just turns into a timed event, stay in cover till they reload, pop out and shoot, done.
    yeah and they tell you like - "I am reloading" in some games. I don't wait though. If the enemy's holding a sidearm I just dare to pop out and headshot. But when it's an automatic, that's the best case scenerio to either escape or wait till reloading latency.
    I don't blame the devs though, costs of development have gone up exponentially, and if you want to see any games at all, then this is the way it's going to be.
    Why shouldn't they be. Casual gamers nowadays yearn for better graphics anyway. Look at EA. "Hey our frostbite 3.0 engine's awesome. Should we oughtta use that in all our games ?" Casual gamer, "Of course man. It's gonna look freakin' awesome in my GTX Titan/GTX 690/XboX One/PlayStation 4 man. Yeay!"
    My probable next build: Qisan MagicForce 68 (Outemu switch) / Teamwolf Zhuque+ 87 TKL (Outemu) / Monoprice Select series full size (Outemu/Gateron) / Drevo Gramr 84 TKL (Outemu) • Logitech G102 Prodigy • Deepcool Dukase V3 / Thermaltake Versa U21 • Superlux HD 681 • Creative Sound Blaster E1 • LG 22MP68VQ • SteelSeries QcK • Generic executive chair • others TBA

djrock please don't bother me. You are in my ignore list so I don't have to see literal poop.

• asif105878's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-450M Processor 2.40GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.66 GHz
      • RAM:
      • 4GB DDR3 800MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB 7200rpm, 1+1.5+2 TB external
      • Graphics Card:
      • Intel GMA HD
      • Display:
      • ASUS VH238H, 14.0” diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
      • Sound Card:
      • Integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lancing, A4Tech Hs-30
      • Keyboard:
      • CM Storm Trigger, Logitech, 101-key compatible with island-style full-size keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech M125
      • Controller:
      • DualShock 3, XBOX controller, Wii Remote and Nunchuck, Mad Catz X360 CoDBO PrecisionAIM Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 65W
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • Sony Walkman, Portable HDD, USB flash drive
      • UPS:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Home Premium x64
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Comment:
      • stuck with it atm :(
      • ISP:
      • Comocast
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by Dunia_r_JAURA View Post
    Casual gamer, "Of course man. It's gonna look freakin' awesome in my GTX Titan/GTX 690
    I don't think casual gamers will buy such expensive setups.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast