Name:  websitebanners2.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  316.6 KB
Enter the desert world of Noshrac. You are a Son of Nor, a human mage with the sole mission to protect and preserve what is left of your race. Son of Nor is an action adventure set in a dynamic desert world that can be shaped by the player’s powers. Challenging puzzles, dynamic sand manipulations and an innovative magic system await you.

Title: Son of Nor
Genre: Action Adventure
Platform: PC / Mac / Linux
Multiplayer: up to 4 coop (network + splitscreen options, mix and match)

Key Features

The World Is Your Weapon

• Cleverly defeat enemies using terraforming and telekinesis powers.
  • Use your powers to solve intriguing environmental puzzles.
  • Raise and lower sand to excavate secret passages, block entrances, create barricades or reach elevated places to gain tactical advantage.
  • Move and throw objects to prepare traps, use the environment intelligently.
  • Or go haywire and just bury entire buildings.

Combine Powerful Spells

• Combine different magical elements to create exciting spell combinations.
  • Let your friends combine their magic with your spell for more firepower.
  • Use spells and their combinations strategically to find weaknesses of various enemy types.
  • Spells also naturally interact with the environment (i.e. fire thrown on sand produces glass). These interactions are a key element to solve environmental puzzles.

Play Cooperatively

• Play with up to 3 friends online or splitscreen in various combinations: 2 players online + 2 player splitscreen, 2 players splitscreen on one machine + 2 players splitscreen on another machine etc. All combinations possible.
  • Defeat enemies as well as powerful bosses alone or in a team. The Sons of Nor are known for brains over brawn.
  • Change between Wind, Fire, and Essence Magic to advance through numerous challenges.

- - - Updated - - -

Game Style:
Son of Nor adds mind control to its magical arsenal, with the Emotiv EPOC brain interface

Dammit! Inspired by the latest update for Kickstarter project Son of Nor, I thought I’d try and write this news story entirely with my mind. Instead, after long minutes of intense concentration, I woke bleeding onto my keyboard, incomprehensible gibberish filling the screen. Perhaps I’d have better off with anEmotiv EPOC, the brain computer interface that can imbue the third-person action adventure with telepathic properties.
Son of Nor Oculus Rift Support

This trailer explains gameplay from Son of Nor, stillalive studios' upcoming action/adventure game. Word is: "Chris Polus (Producer of Son Of Nor), takes us through the finer points of spell casting, exploring, puzzle solving and lots lots more in this exciting glimpse of what is to come!" The clip is conceptual, using crude concept art most of the way. The developers also announce plans for Oculus Rift support, though it's not clear how to wear a VR headset along with the eyebrow brain controller interface they recently announced the game will also support.