This is just more solid proof that DotA is pretty imbalanced and could get boring if only a few of its 90+ heroes actually make sense picking for competitions.
Thanks to Zakharov
of the DotA-Allstars community
for this info.
These are the top hero picks for the following competitions using DotA versions 6.56 and 6.57c :
- Farm4Fame #4 Round 1/2/3 Games and Semifinals (6.56)
- ASUS Autumn 2008 Playoffs, Semifinals andFinals (6.57b)
- Dreamhack 2008 Playoff,s LB Finals WB, Finals and Grand Finals (6.57b)
- Razer ADC Season 2 - KS vs SB (don’t know map version)
- SMM Dota Tournament ‘08 LB Finals, WB Finals, Grand Finals (6.57b)
Unordered list using Win Rate and Number of times Picked :
- Chen - 75% - picked 8 times
- Spectre = 67% - picked 6 times.
- Gondar - 100% - picked 5 times
- Kunkka - 100% - picked 4 times
- Visage - 64% - picked 11 times
- Warlock - 59% - picked 39 times
- Na’ix - 57% - picked 23 times.
- Zeus - 54% - picked 26 times
- Puck - 50% - picked 36 times
- PotM - 47% - picked 19 times
- Nerubian Assassin - 46% - picked 13 times
- Earthshaker - 42% - picked 24 times
- Dragon Knight - 50% - picked 14 times
- Shadow Fiend - 50% - picked 12 times
- Tinker - 78% - picked 9 times
In other words approximately 80% of the heroes of DotA serve no purpose other than to be beaten up by those heroes or a combination of them. Look at Warlock, 39 times picked
Honourable mentions include :
- Queen of Pain
- Stealth Assassin
Heroes that are definitely scorned by professional DotA players :
Therefore if you want to get better at DotA, stop picking noob weak heroes like Pugna (0% win rate even though picked twice) and practice with the heroes pros use!