User Tag List

Thread: Vita 3G query

Default Vita 3G query

i'm planning on buying a vita very recently. i was wondering whether i should buy the wifi only or 3g version. i've heard that the 3g would only work with AT&T sim cards meaning the 3g card slot is a definite trash pocket in bd. Is it true? i need confirmation here. Anyone owning a PSV please help me.

I bought a WIFI Vita few days back. Before buying I also had to think a lot about the same issue. And after going through a lot of sites and thinking I came into conclusion that 3g is waste of money unless you like to waste.

I don't know about the ATandT sim card support thing. But if you even some how manage to make a Teletalk 3g sim work, all you will be able to do is check mails, browse and facebook/tweeter. That is all. And even if you go abroad, 3g is not powerful enough for smooth online gaming anywhere in this world.

I didn't want to spend my money on 3g for nothing, I mean i can do those very things with my mobile phone.
    So, I would suggest that you spend those money on games rather than useless 3g.

thnx man. itz 'wifi only' then. gotta save money for ps4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by beezee View Post
    thnx man. itz 'wifi only' then. gotta save money for ps4 now.
    Where is your decency man? A rep at least?

Anyway, don't forget to buy nfs mw and fifa for online gaming on Vita, the games are so expensive that you cannot buy them all at once so some good online games will keep you busy for a while.
    And most importantly add me in PSN that so we can play online together

Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    Where is your decency man? A rep at least?

Anyway, don't forget to buy nfs mw and fifa for online gaming on Vita, the games are so expensive that you cannot buy them all at once so some good online games will keep you busy for a while.
    And most importantly add me in PSN that so we can play online together
    oopseeeee... here you go man... we'r cool nw ey? PEACE hehe.... okkey sure thing.. bt i gotta get dis damn xam off ma head first.. booh

oopseeeee... here you go man... we'r cool nw ey? PEACE hehe.... okkey sure thing.. bt i gotta get dis damn xam off ma head first.. booh
    same here, exam on 10th June and 4 chapters complete so far out of 13 :S

Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    same here, exam on 10th June and 4 chapters complete so far out of 13 :S

good luck...... n good gamin'...

Hey I've got the answer so I'm sharing here.... the VITA's 3G carrier or SIM is locked to specified networks or companies who've signed deals with Sony......
    Now..... I don't know about the vitas in bd coz bd is not in any region Sony counts (hehe...)..... That makes it totally likely that the ''imported'' vitas available at shops here probably have 3G that is compatible with SIMs of the the country they are ''imported from''.... It's only my guess though.... It'd be really great if someone in bd having a 3g vita would clarify...

EDIT: called Hakim bhai of Game Source. He knows of none who has used local 3g sim on psv. hmm...
    Last edited by beezee; May 30th, 2013 at 00:11.

Hey I've got the answer so I'm sharing here.... the VITA's 3G carrier or SIM is locked to specified networks or companies who've signed deals with Sony......
    Now..... I don't know about the vitas in bd coz bd is not in any region Sony counts (hehe...)..... That makes it totally likely that the ''imported'' vitas available at shops here probably have 3G that is compatible with SIMs of the the country they are ''imported from''.... It's only my guess though.... It'd be really great if someone in bd having a 3g vita would clarify...

EDIT: called Hakim bhai of Game Source. He knows of none who has used local 3g sim on psv. hmm...
    It works. I had a chat with a guy who uses teletalk sim. And he tried to play cod online with it but 3g is not capable for gaming, just FB, twitter. But there is one thing that may come in handy, that is SKYPE, I would love to skype with my vita anytime anywhere, but sadly my vita is only WIFI.

Wanted to add to your reputation bt m low in the wallet man..... sorry man
    But Thanks fo the info..... Really Appreciate it..... Could you pm me da contact of the person who said he used teletalk on vita...
    I could ask him a few lil questions..... Thanks again....

Wanted to add to your reputation bt m low in the wallet man..... sorry man
    But Thanks fo the info..... Really Appreciate it..... Could you pm me da contact of the person who said he used teletalk on vita...
    I could ask him a few lil questions..... Thanks again....
    I don't personally know the guy. He is in my friend list in PSN, got him by using near. But i have his facebook ID i will ask him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes i use teletalk 3G. But 3g version is useless, you cannot play multiplayer using 3g . - This was his reply. I can give you his fb if you want.