User Tag List

Thread: Infobase old dhaka stats

Red face Infobase old dhaka stats

Can any kind soul using infobase isp in old dhaka provide the following information:
    1) speedtest results for bd/non-bd servers along with the subscribed speed.
    2) Facebook/YouTube speeds and if its combined like link3 or separate.
    3) speed consistency, particularly in the 9am-6pm window
    4) downtime
    5) if real up offered / cost
    6) Availability of BDIX
    Thanks in advance!

• Juboraz's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus rog strix B360
      • CPU:
      • I5-8400
      • RAM:
      • Gskill tridentz 8gb
      • Hard Drive:
      • 128gb ssd+WB Blue 1tb+Hitachi 320gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac gtx 1050ti
      • Display:
      • LG 22inch ips panel
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech g402
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec neoeco 650w

1)The respective speed tests are provided in the following order:
    random Japanese server,bdix and Singapore server
    (Package:Shared ip,15mbps 800bdt/month)
    Name:  non bdix.PNG
Views: 36
Size:  94.5 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	bdix.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	40895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sgix.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	40896

2)Youtube speeds are not combined for my package,I can stream 4k videos on youtube seamlessly.Not sure about facebook, but facebook does feel snappy so my guess would be they provide extra bandwidth for facebook also...

3)Speed consistency depends on what server you will be using.Even though the speed is good enough most of the time,it is not consistent(you can see that on the speedtest results also).
    But if you are asking for online gaming it is fine 70% to 80% of the time with no packet loss and minor ping spikes if any.
    I am also getting cached speed on steam,origin and most other gaming platforms so downloading games isn't as painful as it used to be.

4)Expect a downtime of at least 6-24 hours, once every month or two.Mostly due to optical fiber cut and rarely due to their server issues.Though it is fixed within the same day but in some cases can take upto next day afternoon.

5)They do advertise having real ip packages, but can't tell about those as I have not used it.(check their website and facebook page for cost and details).

6)BDIX is a hit or miss.
    Back in 2017 when I took infobase it was primarily for bdix speed, but I wasn't getting any extra bandwidth on any bdix server, after talking with them on multiple occasions they would say stuffs like "it would take time for your ip to be updated" or something along those lines(which never happened).
    Even now there are only a handful of servers where I get bdix bandwidth.
    Downloading from torrentbd, sometimes I get 30/40 mbps or highier and sometimes I get my usual 10 mbps speed.So for Bdix there is no guarantee.

Let me know if you have any further query.

Thank you for your feedback! These are very helpful indeed.
    I was thinking about getting the (upto) 32mbps package @1500tk.
    To compare with your results I ran the tests on the same servers and are as follows: (~700/month, 2mBps but varies considerably)
    Name:  Screenshot from 2020-06-18 20-28-30.png
Views: 36
Size:  88.6 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-06-18 20-30-50.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	40898
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-06-18 20-26-15.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	40899
    I actually tried each servers a second time (with 1 min gap) and they all differed significantly. For instance the ping for Sg server was 350ms and dl speed at 5mbps peak, for Jp server dl reached 13mbps peak and a different test shows ping over 800ms.
    1) So do the results vary this much for you as well?
    2) 6-24/month sounds a lot, right? I need to spend about 8 hours on the internet daily (which is why I can really feel the ups and downs on the speed) Do you think this infobase would be a good choice or should I consider link3/triangle services.
    3) how's their customer service? When I called them I felt that the person didn't really know what he was selling
    4) do you know of any other good isps in the area worth calling up?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Paladin86; June 18th, 2020 at 22:47. Reason: Typo

• Juboraz's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus rog strix B360
      • CPU:
      • I5-8400
      • RAM:
      • Gskill tridentz 8gb
      • Hard Drive:
      • 128gb ssd+WB Blue 1tb+Hitachi 320gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac gtx 1050ti
      • Display:
      • LG 22inch ips panel
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech g402
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec neoeco 650w

1)Just did another speedtest on speedtest.com.sg and the speeds are in the same ballpark.So,no the speed doesn't fluctuate that much on a daily basis.
    And
    Having 350 ms on SG server is very unusual.

2)It is, and I explicitly mentioned it so that you don't have high expectations.Lately haven't heard anything good about triangle either.
    Link3's service depends on you area, since I haven't used it can't tell how reliable their old dhaka branch is.

3)Customer care isn't on the up side either.Sometimes you need to call their hotline 2/3 times before they receive,

Now I message them on facebook instead of calling,as they won't receive at all.Idk is their office closed due to covid19 or what..
    (Though they would take your complain and does fix routing issues consistently but takes a few days to do so)

4)I talked with the owner of BhuiyanIT over phone and seemed like good option but never used it.
    Another option is Tomatoweb .But I haven't used any of them so can't vouch for them.

Note:Currently infobase doesn't send you confirmation messages for paying your bills through bkash, which is weird.(You can even see that on their facebook post comments)
    Their marketing doesn't know ¤¤¤¤ ,so there is no use asking them.....

On technical issues they would give the phone to their server engineer or he would call you later if you contact on their hotline number.