User Tag List

Thread: Advise me on my new build

• ahnafakeef's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus V Formula
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K cooled by Hyper 212 EVO w/ 2 SP120s in push-pull
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Corsair Force GT 120GB + WD Caviar Green 2TB + Hitachi 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte GeForce GTX Titan
      • Display:
      • Samsung S22B300 21.5-inch 1080p LED
      • Sound Card:
      • SupremeFX IV
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire T6200 5.1
      • Keyboard:
      • HP
      • Mouse:
      • Steelseries Sensei RAW Glossy Edition w/ Gigabyte MP8000
      • Controller:
      • Razer Onza Tournament Edition
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Question Advise me on my new build

Hi everyone! Its been a long time since I opened a thread here. I need some help regarding my new PC.

Decided components:

Mobo : ASUS Maximus V Formula
    CPU : Intel Core i7 3770K
    RAM : Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB)
    Case : Corsair 600T White Edition
    CPU Cooler : CM 212 or 412

(I already have most of the components that arent mentioned)

I cant decide which SSD and PSU to get.

I wanted a Samsung 840 Pro SSD, but as far as I know, they arent available in Bangladesh. So probably going to get an Intel 330 or 520. Which is better from these two?

I need an 800W/1000W PSU, but cant decide on the brand. The Corsair GS800 was a good option, but its blue theme wont go with the other components. Binary Logic and UCC have Cooler Master and Thermaltake PSUs respectively. I've used TT but never CM so dont know how they would be. Have I missed any other prominent brands? Please let me know which PSU would be appropriate for this system. (Box of GPU says that it requires a 600W or greater PSU, but the shopkeeper recommended that I get at least an 800W unit)

I'm set on the CM coolers as I couldnt find any other air coolers that are better. Please let me know if there are any better air coolers available. No water coolers please!

Can I get the cables sleeved in Dhaka? If so, then please provide me with relevant info on this, for example - shop, expense etc.

Also, are USB DVD drives available in Bangladesh? I want to avoid using a regular one so that I can keep the clean look of the case.

Please feel free to ask any question if you require more information or if I have left out something important.

Suggestions are most welcome! But I want to keep the colors within silver and black, so suggest accordingly. (Too bad that I cannot do anything about the Maximus' red slots/heatsinks)

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate the help!

• Dee's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VIII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600k
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 128GB SSD; Crucial M500 960GB SSD
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H
      • Keyboard:
      • Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid-i Cherry MX Brown
      • Mouse:
      • Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master V650 Gold
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 GATI
      • Download Speed:
      • 2Mib/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2Mib/s

Get the cheapest Intel SSD you can find you won't notice a difference, they are far more reliable than the other brands available here. Or if you want the 840 pro, place an order on this site, they provide warranty too, iirc: http://electroshop.info

What gpu are you actually using? If you don't go multi-gpu there's no point in getting an 800/1000w psu, a quality 550w unit will suffice. Also, don't go for the CM GX series, uber crap.

As for the heatsink, Hyper 212 plus is a great bang for the buck. The 412 is theoretically better but if it comes with a slim fan, don't buy it.

EDIT: Check out the link in my sig for cable sleeving.

• ahnafakeef's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus V Formula
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • SupremeFX IV
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • HP
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Get the cheapest Intel SSD you can find you won't notice a difference, they are far more reliable than the other brands available here. Or if you want the 840 pro, place an order on this site, they provide warranty too, iirc: http://electroshop.info

What gpu are you actually using? If you don't go multi-gpu there's no point in getting an 800/1000w psu, a quality 550w unit will suffice. Also, don't go for the CM GX series, uber crap.

As for the heatsink, Hyper 212 plus is a great bang for the buck. The 412 is theoretically better but if it comes with a slim fan, don't buy it.

EDIT: Check out the link in my sig for cable sleeving.
    Thanks a lot for the input!

How long does it take for electroshop to get an SSD from wherever they are getting it from to my door? I'll probably be purchasing these stuff on the 29th, so I need it before that date.

I'm not using it yet, its sitting in my closet. Its a Titan. Will be using it with the new system. The box says to get a 600W PSU, but the shopkeeper said to get an 800W or greater one. This is why I'm looking to get a more powerful one, even if its overkill. Cant be too careful.

If I go for CM, I'll be getting something from the Silent series of CM which are supposed to be 80+ Silver certified.

I'm using the 212 plus in my current system and its been great so far. Havent tried OCing though. How much of an OC can I expect on a 3770K with a hyper 212 plus? Also, how much does the batch number of a CPU affect OCing or overall performance? and which batch number should I look for?

Thanks for the link to the sleeving service. Do you know how much it costs to get it done for a whole system? It doesnt have to be an accurate figure, just give a me a ballpark. Colors will definitely be a combo of black and white.

Thanks again!

• Dee's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600k
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 GATI
      • Download Speed:
      • 2Mib/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2Mib/s

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnaf Akeef View Post
    Thanks a lot for the input!

How long does it take for electroshop to get an SSD from wherever they are getting it from to my door? I'll probably be purchasing these stuff on the 29th, so I need it before that date.

I'm not using it yet, its sitting in my closet. Its a Titan. Will be using it with the new system. The box says to get a 600W PSU, but the shopkeeper said to get an 800W or greater one. This is why I'm looking to get a more powerful one, even if its overkill. Cant be too careful.

If I go for CM, I'll be getting something from the Silent series of CM which are supposed to be 80+ Silver certified.

I'm using the 212 plus in my current system and its been great so far. Havent tried OCing though. How much of an OC can I expect on a 3770K with a hyper 212 plus? Also, how much does the batch number of a CPU affect OCing or overall performance? and which batch number should I look for?

Thanks for the link to the sleeving service. Do you know how much it costs to get it done for a whole system? It doesnt have to be an accurate figure, just give a me a ballpark. Colors will definitely be a combo of black and white.

Thanks again!
    I'm not sure, might take a couple weeks. They might have the M4 and Sandisk Extreme 120g in ready stock though.

For a titan, a 650W unit should be enough. I don't know if the Silent series is available here but if you plan to get the psu from abroad, get something from Seasonic, Rosewill, Corsair or Silverstone. Oh and don't listen to the shopkeepers, they don't know ¤¤¤¤.

You should be hitting ~4.2 with a hyper 212 evo (the plus isn't available here, my bad), and try to get a Costa Rica chip instead of the Malay ones, they usually overclock better.

As for sleeving, prices vary depending upon the number of cables and whether it's fixed or modular. Sleeving fully modular unit will cost 3.5~5k depending on the number of cables you want to get sleeved.

• ahnafakeef's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus V Formula
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • SupremeFX IV
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • HP
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:

I'm not sure, might take a couple weeks. They might have the M4 and Sandisk Extreme 120g in ready stock though.

For a titan, a 650W unit should be enough. I don't know if the Silent series is available here but if you plan to get the psu from abroad, get something from Seasonic, Rosewill, Corsair or Silverstone. Oh and don't listen to the shopkeepers, they don't know ¤¤¤¤.

You should be hitting ~4.2 with a hyper 212 evo (the plus isn't available here, my bad), and try to get a Costa Rica chip instead of the Malay ones, they usually overclock better.

As for sleeving, prices vary depending upon the number of cables and whether it's fixed or modular. Sleeving fully modular unit will cost 3.5~5k depending on the number of cables you want to get sleeved.
    I think I'm going to settle for whats available here. Which brand is the best from among Intel, Crucial and Sandisk for SSDs?

Wont be able to get anything more from abroad, already got the GPU that way. Which brand of PSU is the best from among the ones available here in Dhaka?
    I called Binary Logic today and they told me that they have a 1000W 80+ Silver certified CM PSU of the Silent series. Didnt ask for a specific model number though. Guess I'll find out when I visit them, but if they are available, are they better than the other brands available in the market? Would've been great if Corsair had AX/HX series PSUs available here.

How do I identify if a chip is from Malaysia or Costa Rica? Is it written on the box? Also, does the stepping (A/B/C) mean anything significant?

For modular units, do I have to supply the cables and then get them sleeved or do I just buy it from ready stock? If I have to supply them, how is the process carried out? and how long does it usually take?

Thanks!

• Dee's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600k
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 GATI
      • Download Speed:
      • 2Mib/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2Mib/s

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnaf Akeef View Post
    I think I'm going to settle for whats available here. Which brand is the best from among Intel, Crucial and Sandisk for SSDs?

Wont be able to get anything more from abroad, already got the GPU that way. Which brand of PSU is the best from among the ones available here in Dhaka?
    I called Binary Logic today and they told me that they have a 1000W 80+ Silver certified CM PSU of the Silent series. Didnt ask for a specific model number though. Guess I'll find out when I visit them, but if they are available, are they better than the other brands available in the market? Would've been great if Corsair had AX/HX series PSUs available here.

How do I identify if a chip is from Malaysia or Costa Rica? Is it written on the box? Also, does the stepping (A/B/C) mean anything significant?

For modular units, do I have to supply the cables and then get them sleeved or do I just buy it from ready stock? If I have to supply them, how is the process carried out? and how long does it usually take?

Thanks!
    Intel is usually more reliable than any other brands, and they come with a longer warranty period. Crucial is good too, it's reliable but I wouldn't get it because electroshop will most probably provide one-year warranty.

I heard CSL will be importing the HX series, you can contact them for more info on this. 1000W would be overkill, even a good 750w unit would be enough for two Titans in SLi. So either contact CSL for the Corsair HX series or get something from CM's offerings, see if you can get a 650~800 unit.

It's written on the cpu heatspreader. Although I don't think Binary Logic has the Costa Rica ones but you still can look for it. And stepping is a hardware revision, get the one with the highest stepping, which iirc is E0 for 3770k.

Oh and for the sleeving, please post in that thread.
    Last edited by Dee; March 20th, 2013 at 18:10.

• ahnafakeef's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus V Formula
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • SupremeFX IV
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • HP
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:

Intel is usually more reliable than any other brands, and they come with a longer warranty period. Crucial is good too, it's reliable but I wouldn't get it because electroshop will most probably provide one-year warranty.

I heard CSL will be importing the HX series, you can contact them for more info on this. 1000W would be overkill, even a good 750w unit would be enough for two Titans in SLi. So either contact CSL for the Corsair HX series or get something from CM's offerings, see if you can get a 650~800 unit.

It's written on the cpu heatspreader. Although I don't think Binary Logic has the Costa Rica ones but you still can look for it. And stepping is a hardware revision, get the one with the highest stepping, which iirc is E0 for 3770k.

Oh and for the sleeving, please post in that thread.
    Okay then. Intel it is!

CSL isnt picking up right now. Will have to try later.

Will they let me check the heatspreader of so many CPUs? Isnt there any shop thats guaranteed to have Costa Rican CPUs?

Okay I'll get back to you for the sleeving requirements after I'm done building the system and know what number of cables it will require.

Thanks!

EDIT : What UPS should I get? I dont know which brand is reliable so it would help if you gave me some pointers.

• Ahnaf_i7X's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K cooled by TT Frio Extreme
      • RAM:
      • Corsair XMS 3 (4GBx2=8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba (1TB)7500rpm, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ OC Edition 8GB
      • Display:
      • Viewsonic 22" 1080p (1920x1080)
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek Integrated Sound
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • A4Tech Headphones
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech ComfortKey
      • Mouse:
      • Thermaltake eSports Talon Blu Gaming Mouse
      • Controller:
      • Generic Gamepad Plug n Play
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W 80+ Bronze
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 22x DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • PS4 DualShock 4 Controller
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Comment:
      • I love my PC and my PC electrocutes me.
      • ISP:
      • I dont have one
      • Download Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Upload Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Console:

@Ahnaf Akeef
    From which shop did u buy the titan?
    Loved by few,
    Hated by many
    But respected by all!!

• ahnafakeef's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus V Formula
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • SupremeFX IV
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • HP
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnaf_i7X View Post
    @Ahnaf Akeef
    From which shop did u buy the titan?
    I dont know the name of the shop but its somewhere in Prantip Plaza in Bangkok.

• Raihan081's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VI Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4770k
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB DDR3-1866
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 3TB Red, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro Series
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC Dual Classified ACX in SLI
      • Display:
      • Samsung UD590 UHD
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Turtle Beach - Call of Duty Spectre
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Deathstalker Ultimate
      • Mouse:
      • SS Kana Ltd Ed. Dota 2
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX1200i
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 64 bit
      • ISP:
      • Tellus
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Asus Maximus V not available. I searched for one. couldn't find.

• ahnafakeef's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus V Formula
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • SupremeFX IV
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • HP
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Operating System:

Quote Originally Posted by Raihan081 View Post
    Asus Maximus V not available. I searched for one. couldn't find.
    Thanks for posting this. I wasnt aware that they werent in stock. So after reading your post, I called Global and they told me to contact Dolphin Computers and said that they might have it. I called Dolphin and luckily they had one last one left. Needless to say, the board's sitting in my closet right now.

On an unrelated note, I managed to get a peek at the batch numbers of a few i3 CPUs at Dolphin, and they all began with a '3' which indicates that they are all from the Costa Rican plant. So I guess I can hope to find a Costa Rican 3770K somewhere if I look hard enough.

Also, something interesting happened at Dolphin. The guy who was saving the board for me asked me what CPU I wanted and I told him that I wanted a 3770K. He made a call (I'm guessing Binary Logic) and informed me that the CPU would cost me 31.5K whereas Binary Logic had told me a few days earlier that it would cost me 32K. I know that the difference is minimal and negligible, but I was quite surprised that he offered it to me at a price lower than the importer's price. I still cant figure out the reason behind it.

EDIT : They have the Sabertooth Z77 in stock, if you still want a Z77 mobo.
    Last edited by ahnafakeef; March 21st, 2013 at 20:28.