User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Game’s Bow Is Best In Recent Years?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Assassin's Creed III

0 0%
  • Crysis 3

7 31.82%
  • Skyrim

3 13.64%
  • Far Cry 3

0 0%
  • Tomb Raider

12 54.55%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video Games Have Become Obsessed With Bows And Arrows. But Which Game’s Bow Is Best?

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake 3.6-4.20GHz 8MG Cache 7th Gen
      • RAM:
      • 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 2400 BUS
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB SATA + 1TB Western Digital Blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Nitro + AMD RX 480 8GB GDDR5 OC
      • Display:
      • Samsung 21.5 inch Curved LED
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech H110 Headphone
      • Keyboard:
      • Perfect CS-556 USB Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Delux DLM-137BU Optical USB Mouse
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake PS-TR2 600W 80Plus Bronze Power Supply
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

Default Video Games Have Become Obsessed With Bows And Arrows. But Which Game’s Bow Is Best?

Kotaku article

If you've been playing big-budget action video games over the last couple of years, you've probably noticed a few trends. The graphics have gotten better. The animations have become more lifelike. The explosions have gotten more explosive. And more recently, amid all those improvements, has come a trend that's even more earth-shattering and important: Video games have discovered the bow and arrow.

Call it the "bowification" of video games. Far Cry 3. Crysis 3. Assassin's Creed III. Tomb Raider. In just the past six months, we've had four high profile games include a bow and arrow as a primary weapon. In an impressive bit of reverse evolution, it seems video games have finally discovered the bow and arrow, decades after they discovered the assault rifle.

All this goes along with pop culture's more general bow-obsession, with Katniss Everdeen using her archery chops to survive The Hunger Games and Brave's Merida besting each of her suitors in an archery contest, Robin Hood-style. Way to be current, video games!

A few notes: First of all, cossbows don't count. Sorry, Dishonored! I'm going to focus on four games that are pretty recent, as they represent the current height of video game bow-and-arrow design. So, I've left off games like Turok, Wii Sports Resort, and any of the Zelda games. I've also left off a few games where the bows don't really have a mechanical component to them—my bow and arrow in Guild Wars 2 operates pretty much like a gun; same thing with Diablo III or Torchlight II. I am including Skyrim, because that game is interesting and its iteration on the Elder Scrolls' bow and arrow design is cool. If there are other video game bows you think are worthy of recognition, I hope you'll mention them in the comments.

Here we go, ranked from last to first:

#5: Assassin's Creed III

How it works:
    Aim and fire with the Y/Triangle button.
    How you cancel a shot: Press B/O.
    How you aim: You select a target using the aiming feature, then Connor does the rest for you.
    One hit? One kill with most humans, but not with animals.
    Better than a gun? No, not in this case. The Assassin's Creed III bow is silent, which is good for taking out guards quietly, but in general it's inferior to the game's pistols, particularly the moment you've been spotted. Aiming and firing simply takes too long to be effective.
    Upgrades: None to speak of.
    Fakest thing you can do: The more I think about it, the more I think that Assassin's Creed III's bow might be the most realistic of all the video game bows on this list. Which unfortunately seems to have contributed to it being in last place.
    Greatest moment: There's something to be said for hunting from the treetops in Assassin's Creed III, and the bow always felt at home in the woods.
    John Rambo says: "Your worst nightmare."
    Overall Opinion: The bow in Assassin's Creed III just doesn't feel very good to fire. The auto-aiming is strange and doesn't allow you to track a moving target, and as I've noted before, pressing "Y" (or triangle) to aim a weapon feels a bit like standing on your tiptoes to reach something in a high cupboard. There's a lack of satisfying impact, as well.

#4: Crysis 3

How it works: Zoom with the left trigger, pull the string back with the right. Release to fire.
    How you cancel a shot: Click the right thumbstick.
    How you aim: You don't actually aim along the arrow, but rather using crosshairs on your HUD combined with a green line indicating the arrow's trajectory.
    One hit? One kill, provided you've got your draw-strength up for the bigger baddies.
    Better than a gun? Without question. It's so much better than a gun, in fact, that it makes the guns totally pointless and throws off the balance of the game.
    Upgrades: Your bow comes outfitted with all manner of special arrows, so they don't really qualify as "upgrades." But Prophet's bow can fire regular arrows, explosive arrows, thermite-tipped arrows that explode on a delay, and arrows that deliver a deadly electric shock.
    Greatest moment: The sound design on the Crysis 3 bow makes up for its odd feel—the tension of the arrow combined with the thunk of impact makes it clear that this thing is really a deadly future-weapon in the guise of a bow and arrow.
    Fakest thing you can do: At first I was going to say that having your arrows designed so that they'd show up on your heads-up display for gathering was unrealistic, but actually, that's exactly the sort of thing that some military weapons-designer would probably do.
    John Rambo Says: "I could have killed 'em all, I could've killed you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. "
    Overall Opinion: Prophet's bow in Crysis 3 is sort of a "bow in name only." Sure, it looks like a tricked-out compound bow. Yes, it fires arrows. But it's so powerful and futuristic that it's almost entirely removed from the more primal appeal of the weapon itself. Furthermore, because the bow can be fired while cloaked, it throws off the precarious balance struck by the first two Crysis games and makes Prophet overpowered.

#3: Skyrim

How it works: Aim with the right trigger, release to fire. Hit the left trigger to toggle slow-mo, if you have the ability. As a demonstration, check out this TOTALLY SICK VIDEO I just shot today. I was going to grab a screenshot to show how the bow works, but I happened to fire this arrow and... yesssss.
    My first thought was "I can't believe no one saw that." Then I checked the corner and saw that I'd accidentally hit the record button and captured the whole thing using Fraps. Victory! So, I thought I'd share it here. (And okay, maybe it's not actually that hard to do—it does kind of look like the bird relocated so that my arrow would hit it. But I felt pretty proud, so. Anyway.)
    How you cancel a shot: Press X, a welcome addition to the Elder Scrolls series, as in the past you'd have to fire into the ground and then pick up your arrow.
    How you aim: Right along the arrow, with a zoom-in if you've purchased the required perk.
    One hit? Rarely one kill, unless you're up against a weak enemy or you're firing from stealth.
    Better than a gun? There are no guns in Skyrim, though video game marketers seem fond of suggesting that there are several other games that satisfy that particular fan desire…
    Upgrades: The most important upgrade is the ability to slow down time while aiming, which is a boon for those who play this game with a controller, in particular. However, thanks to the game's crafting system, you can upgrade your bow in all manner of other deadly ways. My Daedric bow shoots lightning arrows, for example.
    Greatest moment: Picking off an entire roomful of bandits without alerting a single one. The "bang!" sound of a successful sneak attack is never less that satisfying, and it's only heightened by the goofy way the ragdoll physics can take over once they go flying. It's also fun to peg a dragon in midair with an arrow, partly because it's such a difficult trick to pull off. Unless you're me, as evidenced by that amazing video I've already talked about too much.
    Fakest thing you can do: You can upgrade your bow so that it fires lightning and traps souls! God, how unrealistic.
    John Rambo says: "It's in the blood! It's natural! Peace? That's an accident!"
    Overall Opinion: While Skyrim's combat is generally not on par with the other games on this list, I actually like the bow and arrow a lot. It never quite has the stopping power I'd like it to when I've got a troll charging at me head-on, but when sneaking, there are few weapons in the Skyrim universe as deadly and satisfying.

#2: Far Cry 3

How it works:
    You aim with the left trigger and pull the string back with the right trigger.
    How you cancel a shot: There isn't a consistent way, unfortunately. You can switch arrow-types if you've got an additional arrow assigned to the D-pad, but that's an unsteady workaround at best. I have memories of being able to inconsistently cancel pulled arrows, but haven't been able to recreate that in my game. If there's a way, I'm not sure what it is. Meaning that I wind up shooting my arrows into the ground and grabbing them. You got so much right, Far Cry 3!
    Update: Since enough of you guys pointed out that in theory it's totally easy to cancel a shot, I thought I'd give it an even more thorough test. Looks like this issue is only on PC, or even just my PC, and it's inconsistent. I'm able to get "R" on the keyboard to cancel the shot every time, but "X" on the controller is inconsistent at best. Often it won't work at all. So, good on you for the most part, Far Cry 3—the issue isn't with your design but appears to be with your PC controller setup. Your bow is still pretty cool, though.
    How you aim: You can get either a red-dot sight or a more advanced hunter's sight, which accounts for drop-off. I never quite mastered the way aiming works, but I did always use the hunter's sight, even though it was more difficult to see what was going on.
    One hit? One kill.
    Better than a gun? Not really. The bow is arguably better for silent takedowns, but it's hard to top a powerful silenced assault rifle or sniper rifle, particularly if you've unlocked the later weapons in the game. That said, it's certainly cooler than a gun, and holds its own.
    Upgrades: You could eventually either make fire-arrows or explosive arrows. The explosive arrows were oddly underpowered, and often it took more than one to blow up a vehicle or kill a guy.
    Greatest moment: Hunting actual animals, actually. Some of the most enjoyable side-missions in Far Cry 3 were the advanced bow hunts, where you'd be tasked with taking down a deadly jungle beast using only the bow and regular arrows. Usually it involved finding a good vantage point and hitting shots from far enough away that the tiger/leopard in question wouldn't be able to find you. But these sequences effectively captured the thrill of creeping through the underbrush, bow in hand.
    Fakest thing you can do: Make an explosive-tipped arrow out of a hand grenade while under duress in the wild. Look, I get that Jason Brody has become something of a badass while on this adventure, but.
    John Rambo says: "You know what you are... what you're made of. War is in your blood. Don't fight it. You didn't kill for your country. You killed for yourself."
    Overall opinion: The bow in Far Cry 3 is a cool, empowering weapon, and easily the game's defining mode of dealing destruction. While silenced sniper rifles can generally get the same job done from a longer range, the bow itself was my weapon of choice for the majority of the game, particularly when hunting.

#1: Tomb Raider

How it works: Aim with the left trigger, pull back the string with the right trigger.
    How you cancel a shot: Let go of the left trigger. Okay, hold on. This is the only game on this list to adopt this method of canceling a shot, and it deserves mention, because it's great. Initially, I was uncomfortable canceling shots this way, but only because it felt so unfamiliar. As it turns out, this is a very natural, subtly brilliant way of doing things. It's a much more accurate amalgamation of what you'd actually do if you decided you didn't want to shoot an arrow. You'd release the string.
    How you aim: Down the arrow using a crosshair.
    One hit? One kill, as long as you're sneaking or can score a headshot. In combat, it depends.
    Better than a gun? Absolutely. The bow is a silent killer, has a ton of non-combat uses, and is wicked powerful and accurate over long distances.
    Upgrades: By the end of Tomb Raider, Lara's bow has become something of a swiss army knife. It can fire regular, flaming, and explosive arrows, sure. It can also fire a rope that can manipulate objects in the environment and even attach to cliff-sides and set up ziplines. Coupled with her automated rope-retractor, she can demolish large chunks of wood and access new areas. She also uses her arrows as a makeshift melee weapon, and to skin animals after hunting. After a couple of days on the island, Lara's bow is no longer the sad little wooden thing she pulled off the corpse at the start; it's a wicked-looking high-tech compound bow with a counterweight and nasty arrows.
    Greatest moment: There's a sequence near the middle of the game where Lara enters a large wooded area at night. It's full of guards. The first time I played this bit, I was able to creep through the woods, silently picking off guard after guard until none were left standing. It was probably my favorite sequence in the entire game—Lara Croft as deadly predator, dealing death with a bow and arrow.
    Fakest thing you can do: While I value the utility, I'm not at all convinced that a bow could fire a rope-arrow into a cliff face firmly enough to let me peg that rope and climb across a chasm.
    John Rambo says: "When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing."
    Overal Opinion: Turns out there's a reason that Lara's bow has been featured so prominantly in Tomb Raider's promotional materials—the weapon feels inextricably tied to Lara in the new game, and between the two of them, they can overcome almost any obstacle. The bow has a marvelous feeling of physicality to it, including how Lara can only pull the string back for so long before her aim starts to shake. The decision to give players the ability to hit "up" and flick Lara's lighter, igniting the arrow, was inspired. I found it telling that in the game, I used Lara's bow whenever possible, even when it wasn't the most powerful option, unless I was getting rushed by enemies on either side. Even then, whipping out a machine gun or shotgun just felt wrong somehow.

So, Tomb Raider wins it by a neck. Far Cry 3 put up a good fight, but while that game does have some very fun bow-hunting, the bow itself doesn't match Lara Croft's weapon in all its upgraded glory. My Skyrim bow is all well and good, but falls short in heated combat. Crysis 3's bow is barely a bow at all, really—more of an overpowered killing device—that may be to some players' taste, but it isn't to mine. And Assassin's Creed III's bow, like so many other things about that game, is better in concept than in execution.

Congrats, Lara. Take a bow. You are currently the video game archer to beat. At least until it turns out there's an awesome bow and arrow in BioShock Infinite or The Last of Us. Which, given the industry's current bow-happy state, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Like my Facebook page Gaming Newz for new gaming news updates.

My Facebook Twitter YouTube Steam

• Badhon_raj's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • G1.Sniper B6 / B75 D3H
      • CPU:
      • i5 4460 / i5 3470
      • RAM:
      • 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 3x4GB corsair XMS
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB Toshiba + 2TB WD Red / 1TB WD blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • HD 7770 GHz / R7 370
      • Display:
      • Philips 17'' 1440x900/ Samsung S22B300B
      • Sound Card:
      • on board / Asus Xonar DGX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Panasonic RP-HTF600 / Sony MH1c / Sony XB500
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech MK520 / K350
      • Mouse:
      • M510 / M570 + G400s
      • Controller:
      • Sony DualShock 4
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 500W / TT ToughPower 500w
      • Optical Drive:
      • DVD RW
      • UPS:
      • Generic 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 / Win 10
      • ISP:
      • SB Internet
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

where is Black Bow of Pharis? That is the one I actually used.

• Ghost Riley's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte B75M-D3H [Case: Thermaltake Commander GS-II black]
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i5 3470 @ 3.6Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengeance 10GB, @ 1600Mhz Dual Channel
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ 4GB
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H IPS panel (1920X1080)
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative X Fi Titanium
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 TECH KR-85
      • Mouse:
      • Havit-MS736
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec Neo ECO 650M [80 PLUS BRONZE Certified]
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-S223
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 32GB USB 3, Adata C906 32GB USB 3, Adata UV120 32GB USB 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • ochcham
      • ISP:
      • Alpha Broadway
      • Download Speed:
      • 130-150 KBps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 100-150 KBps

Tomb raider!!!

• Muhammad Zunaid's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H55M-LE
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • G Skill Ripjaws [4GBx2]=8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi Deskstar 500GB+1TB+ WD Cavier Black 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI 580 TwinFrozrII OC and XFX 9600GT xXx Alpha Dog Edition
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster T220
      • Sound Card:
      • Inbuilt Realtek Codec
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS4121
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt esports KNUCKER
      • Mouse:
      • Genius standard mouse
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675W [80 PLUS BRONZE]
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung Writemaster 20x DVD-Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Canon Lide110 Scanner
      • UPS:
      • RA 1000VA + Powertree 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • want to upgrade soon!
      • ISP:
      • LINK3
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Crysis 3 all the way. Love the sound effects and the heavy feel of the tension in the strings o the bow.

• Arif69's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H61 S2P B3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i3 2100
      • RAM:
      • G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500 GB | Hitachi 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1 GB DDR5
      • Display:
      • Dell E1910H 18.5 Wide Lcd
      • Sound Card:
      • VIA HD Audio Codec
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 4400 | Logitech S-150 | Sony MDR-ZX100
      • Keyboard:
      • Lexma LK7550P Slim
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech B100
      • Controller:
      • Generic Usb Joystick
      • Power Supply:
      • ITS 500 Watt
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224BB 24X
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend Jetflash350 16 GB
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit | Ubuntu
      • ISP:
      • KS

TBH among them I found Tomb Raider to be the most fun playing with bow... In Crysis 3 it was fun playing with bow only when I can shoot arrow with bomb... In Farcry 3 it was fun hunting with bow when hunting though sometimes also frustrating for not being able to find the hunt... Point to be noted, I haven't played Skyrim & AC 3 from here...

• TheNutKicker's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intergated
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T6500
      • RAM:
      • 4GB DDR2
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB 5400 RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 1GB
      • Display:
      • 1600x900
      • Mouse:
      • Keypad
      • USB Devices:
      • 4GB Flash Drive,1GB Flash Drive
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Vista 64 Bit
      • Comment:
      • A Medium End Laptop,Nuff said
      • ISP:
      • Banglalion
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Skyrim e emnei toh thakbe Bow's and Arrows.

• ZF3K's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel
      • CPU:
      • Intel
      • RAM:
      • 8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • No free space left :-|
      • Graphics Card:
      • Built-in (Intel)
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229H IPS
      • Sound Card:
      • Built-in
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Litepower 380W
      • Optical Drive:
      • zero
      • Operating System:
      • Only GNU-Linux / BSD ... No more ''MicroBaaL PoonDOSE'' (MicroSoft Windows)
      • Comment:
      • _gonna_write_sth_here
      • ISP:
      • BanglaLion

How was CoD: Black Ops 1/2 ?? :S

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

Quote Originally Posted by RionB View Post
    How was CoD: Black Ops 1/2 ?? :S
    I just followed that article. No need to straight face.

But CoD: Black Ops didn't have Long Bow, it was Crossbow. Completely different mechanism to execute and play with. Except these games, there was Bow only in I Am Alive game, AFAIK.

• Rawkill's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Z77 Extreme 6
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz/ Phanteks PH-TC14PE
      • RAM:
      • Kingston Hyper X Genesis 2 x 4GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Blue 1TB x 2
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
      • Display:
      • Asus MX239H 23-inch IPS Monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster ZX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm, Oppo HA-2 Amp, FnD 6000U 5.1 Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair K70 RGB
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G502 Spectrum, Razer Goliath Speed Extended (Overwatch Edition)
      • Controller:
      • Logitech F510 Rumblepad
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Harry Potter (HP) DVD-RW
      • UPS:
      • Prolink 1000VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
      • Comment:
      • Cooler Master HAF - X
      • ISP:
      • Dot Internet
      • Download Speed:
      • 550-600 KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 200-2500 KB/s

Three notable mentions of bow games are:

Theif
    Turok (2008 one, havent played the old one).
    Bow and Arrow game that every PC used have in the old days. (That one where you had to pop as many balloons as you can with limited no. of arrows)

• Ahnaf_i7X's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K cooled by TT Frio Extreme
      • RAM:
      • Corsair XMS 3 (4GBx2=8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba (1TB)7500rpm, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ OC Edition 8GB
      • Display:
      • Viewsonic 22" 1080p (1920x1080)
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek Integrated Sound
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • A4Tech Headphones
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech ComfortKey
      • Mouse:
      • Thermaltake eSports Talon Blu Gaming Mouse
      • Controller:
      • Generic Gamepad Plug n Play
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W 80+ Bronze
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 22x DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • PS4 DualShock 4 Controller
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Comment:
      • I love my PC and my PC electrocutes me.
      • ISP:
      • I dont have one
      • Download Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Upload Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Console:

Crysis 3! The bow was the most popular weapon of all in the game.
    Loved by few,
    Hated by many
    But respected by all!!

• waliDJ's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-B75M D3H v1.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3450 3.1 GHz
      • RAM:
      • Twinmos 4GB 1600 MHz Piano Black
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 200GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster 933
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek HD audio
      • Keyboard:
      • Generic Lexma
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Deathadder, Logitech B100
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master GX550W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Samsung 160GB PATA HDD converted to usb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Comment:
      • Not another family pc, this one is completely mine :D

Crysis 3. pinning enemies to wall is absolutely, awesomely awesome
    Second is tomb raider

• ZF3K's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel
      • CPU:
      • Intel
      • RAM:
      • 8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Built-in (Intel)
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229H IPS
      • Sound Card:
      • Built-in
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • zero
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • _gonna_write_sth_here
      • ISP:
      • BanglaLion

Ekta game o khelte pari nai.
    Na khelei Tomb Raider ke vote korlam. So, faul vote.

- - - Updated - - -

AC3 & FC3 at 0%. ROFL.

• Nirzhar Uchiha's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASrock B75 Pro3-M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600 @3.40 ghz
      • RAM:
      • 2x 4 GB Transcend 1333 mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba 1TB + Adata 128gb SSD
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 770 2GB OC
      • Display:
      • LG 22MP65HQ 22" 1080p IPS LED
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative SB X-fi Titaniium
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • On Ear: Sony MDR XB950BT / IEM: Soundmagic es18
      • Keyboard:
      • Cooler Master Octane Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech M280 Wireless
      • Controller:
      • Xbox One + DualShock 4
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 600w [80+ Bronze]
      • UPS:
      • TechFine 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
      • Comment:
      • Bought it on 5 may,2012 from elephant road.. upgrading started on February,2013 :)
      • ISP:
      • SkyView Online [3 mbps]
      • Download Speed:
      • 370 kBps [International] 11mBps [Local]
      • Upload Speed:
      • 200/200 kBps [International/local]

to me .. Crysis 3 is the winner .. the sound effect was great... the feeling was nice .. nd it was super effective .. tomb raider e burst arrow ( i donno the actual name) use korar poreo enemy morto na ..

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

AC3 & FC3 at 0%. ROFL.
    Don't worry. When you play all the game, you will realize that your vote goes to the right place. At least you didn't vote for Crysis 3 just for the sake of hating TR.

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

AC3 & FC3 at 0%. ROFL.
    Don't worry. When you play all the game, you will realize that your vote goes to the right place. At least you didn't vote for Crysis 3 just for the sake of hating TR.

• waliDJ's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-B75M D3H v1.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3450 3.1 GHz
      • RAM:
      • Twinmos 4GB 1600 MHz Piano Black
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 200GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster 933
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek HD audio
      • Keyboard:
      • Generic Lexma
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Deathadder, Logitech B100
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master GX550W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Samsung 160GB PATA HDD converted to usb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Comment:
      • Not another family pc, this one is completely mine :D

I dont think anybody 'hates' TR.
    I voted for c3. Do i hate TR?

• ZF3K's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel
      • CPU:
      • Intel
      • RAM:
      • 8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Built-in (Intel)
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229H IPS
      • Sound Card:
      • Built-in
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • zero
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • _gonna_write_sth_here
      • ISP:
      • BanglaLion

Quote Originally Posted by anik_lc View Post
    ki re vai? ei post 6 TIMES ashse keno? :O

LoL man, Cry3 ke eto posondo kori na. Ar TR er upor toh ekdom shuru thekei positive dharona rakhchilam, I think my previous posts says that. & ami ei Tomb Raider tar kotha bolchi, ager gulor kotha bolchi na.

& ki vai? ei new TR keo hate korar public ase ?? :O :O

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

ki re vai? ei post 6 TIMES ashse keno? :O
    IDK! For some weird reason I guess. Amar to 2bar show kortese! Plus thread er upore dekhacche 15 replies, post howar kotha 16 but hoise 17!

LoL man, Cry3 ke eto posondo kori na. Ar TR er upor toh ekdom shuru thekei positive dharona rakhchilam, I think my previous posts says that. & ami ei Tomb Raider tar kotha bolchi, ager gulor kotha bolchi na.
    I didn't point my finger towards you. BTW, TR ekhono DL koro nai? Sniper tai age korla?

& ki vai? ei new TR keo hate korar public ase ?? :O :O
    Ache mane! Oi rokom egotistical person ei Banglagamer eo ache. They just hate the game in public, just because they hate the biggest fan of TR in this forum.

Anyway, oishob paglamir kotha baad dei. . .

My vote of this starts.....

#5 Skyrim
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skyrim_bow.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	27830
    I played Skyrim for 172 hours! But among them, I barely used the Bow. Mostly I played like Swordsman (Swords-woman to be perfect ). Beside I find Skyrim least interesting for Bow use among these lists!

#4 Assassin's Creed III

Name:	ACIII_bow.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	848.0 KB 
ID:	27831

Usually I prefer third person shooter view for this. But AC III's bow was kinda dull even though it can kill enemies silently. It was not built perfectly executed and not enough fun as it should be.

• Trave160's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B350M Mortar AM4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3TB Western Digital red
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Strix GTX 960 4G
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H 22 Inch monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • None
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • TtEsports Knucker
      • Controller:
      • PS4 Dualshock 4 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 24X DVD-RW Drive(Defunct)
      • USB Devices:
      • Pendrive 4GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Toaster rig arisen to Ultra toaster with chisel abs.
      • ISP:
      • NunuCom Ltd, Penus group
      • Download Speed:
      • Super San 200kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 105*2
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    A few notes: First of all, cossbows don't count. Sorry, Dishonored
    @anik_lc Cossbows that what you call them now?
    Last edited by Trave160; March 20th, 2013 at 18:23.

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

#3 Crysis 3

Name:	Crysis3_bow.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	27834
    The futuristic bow of Crysis 3 is not quite a bow to me. Its more like a 'Harpoon Launcher' than it is a bow, or maybe a Rocket Launcher. It is too much powerful to be a bow, specially the impact of it. If Robin Hood would get this, I am sure he would throw it away and picked up his ordinary bow instead. So voting for Crysis 3's bow is ridiculous and nonsense to me. That's why it doesn't deserve to be #1 or even #2.

• Mohiuddin's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth X58
      • CPU:
      • Xeon X5650
      • RAM:
      • 8gb gskill ripjaw
      • Hard Drive:
      • Western Digital 1TB blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac GTX670 4GB
      • Display:
      • now with TV
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • 2:1
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech
      • Controller:
      • Nai
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte 1200w OdinPro
      • Optical Drive:
      • Generic
      • UPS:
      • Apatoto nai
      • Operating System:
      • win 7
      • ISP:
      • Netvision
      • Download Speed:
      • Janina, 3Mbps may be
      • Upload Speed:
      • Don't upload...

Crysis3 khelsi ar TRr ta dekhsi purata, amar bon khelse, ektu khelsi o.
    C3 te arrows got way superiority over any weapons except aliens' granade luncher type er ekta weapon .
    TR e a flaw was that, if ur enemy saw you, u cannot kill them by bow even penetrating their head&neck region with one bow.
    But TRr was simply awesome in every aspect , environment, story, gameplay. Tressfx was good but alot flaw was there .
    As bow in c3, TR both was equally entertaining, but TR was winner overall, i will vote for TRr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast