User Tag List

Thread: Best ISP in Bangshal?

Default Best ISP in Bangshal?

Hi, I've recently moved to Bangshal/Bongshal and am looking for a good ISP. My virtual hobbies are mostly streaming (youtube, netflix and more), browsing and downloads and I usually need to spend a lot of time online. Considering these factors which ISP would you suggest? My neighbor's line (2mbps netvision I think, not sure) suffers heavy downtime plus the speeds are unreliable. Also some say a fiber cable will provide more consistent and undisputed internet but cost get higher by a few thousands so should I consider a fiber line?
    Thanks.

• Juboraz's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus rog strix B360
      • CPU:
      • I5-8400
      • RAM:
      • Gskill tridentz 8gb
      • Hard Drive:
      • 128gb ssd+WB Blue 1tb+Hitachi 320gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac gtx 1050ti
      • Display:
      • LG 22inch ips panel
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech g402
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec neoeco 650w

Quote Originally Posted by usernama View Post
    Hi, I've recently moved to Bangshal/Bongshal and am looking for a good ISP. My virtual hobbies are mostly streaming (youtube, netflix and more), browsing and downloads and I usually need to spend a lot of time online. Considering these factors which ISP would you suggest? My neighbor's line (2mbps netvision I think, not sure) suffers heavy downtime plus the speeds are unreliable. Also some say a fiber cable will provide more consistent and undisputed internet but cost get higher by a few thousands so should I consider a fiber line?
    Thanks.
    I'm afraid to say there aren't many good isp's around here.I've searched for years and only found a handful of isp's.Most local isp's around here will have severe downtimes.Maybe try going with link3(hopefully they have coverage),however their packages are pretty absurdly priced.Recently Triangle net expanded their converage to old dhaka,might be a good idea to call them up.

I'm currently using Infobase(optical fiber),line is pretty stable and latency/ping is good aswell.Only problem is no bdix.

Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by usernama View Post
    Thanks.
    As @Juboraz said, the vast majority (if not all) local ISPs here suck. Suck big time. If you can afford it go for big names like Link3 or Triangle. I haven't tried Infobase yet but the last time I called last year they didn't cover bangshal. As for net vision I can confirm your statement. I would also suggest that you avoid rafin satellite. Both of these are extremely unreliable.