User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to Improve/Popularize dota in BD

Default Suggestion to Improve/Popularize dota in BD

Hello all. Despite being one of the most popular online games in the world today, dota is still not as widespread or popular in bangladesh as one would expect.

One of the best ways to promote dota is to introduce competitive games and tournaments to a wide range of teams.

I think the main reason why most tournaments are unsuccessful or lack qualified teams is because of high entry fees.

Think about it...who would want to spend money to play in a tournament knowing they have absolutely 0 chance of winning (because a handful of teams dominate the dota stage)?

If someone takes the initiative to host free tournaments (or paying the minimal hourly charge at any gaming cafe), then I'm sure many more teams would be encouraged to play, practice and eventually get better.

What we need is a place where the best teams (sp, bd, xl and others, pardon me if i missed any...i dont know that many teams here) can meet up and play regularly..for pride

in sum: someone (galib bhai?) should organize tournaments and leagues where teams can play regularly without having to pay 1000 taka and losing.

Noblesse Oblige
    • CvP's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770K @3.9GHz
      • RAM:
      • GSkill TridentX 2x8GB DDR3 @2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 256GB SSD; WD Caviar Black 2TB; Hitachi 250GB; Samsung S3 1.5TB; Hitachi 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 980Ti 6GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17"+22"+22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD Audio <internal>
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 5:1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
      • Mouse:
      • G7
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic X 850W 80Plus Gold
      • Optical Drive:
      • External DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • Logitech Carl Zeiss Tessar HD 1080p Webcam
      • UPS:
      • Mercury 1500VA with Large Lead-Acid Battery
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Everything packed in a NZXT Phantom 820
      • ISP:
      • Link3/Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Default Re: Suggestion to Improve/Popularize dota in BD

this has been done more than a few times already..sad but true..most BD (dota) players are lazy and lacking competitive spirit.
    The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
    Please do not PM me for support. You will NOT get a reply. Post in the relevant forum section.

VIP Member
    • SinEater's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K-VM
      • CPU:
      • Pentium E 2200
      • RAM:
      • 6 GB DDR2, 800 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500 GB + 500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 450 GTX
      • Display:
      • Samsung 933SN LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek, integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • T6200 5.1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Lycosa, Razer Arctosa
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Lachesis, Razer Death Adder L/H
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft SideWinder
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair 650 W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus Combo Drive
      • ISP:
      • Qubee 1mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Well, thanks for your thoughts. We did follow your method a few times, but I think we might try a few more times as well.

Problem is, if the tournament is really free, teams tend to take it a little too easy, not only their game play, but also properly turning up at the venue..
    Click here to find out how a noob plays the Anti Mage

Honesty and Modesty were the best policy...they still are.
    A single stupid man can ask more questions than a thousand wise men can answer
    <nfs>.......for life..

• SP.Sn4k3y-'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ECS
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo
      • RAM:
      • 4 GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI 4650
      • Display:
      • Samsung 15&quot; CTY
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Kamasonic
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Lycosa
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Deathadder
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • ISP:
      • IS Pros
      • Download Speed:
      • 25 KB/sec
      • Upload Speed:
      • 60 KB/Sec

Nice post Legion really inspiring .
    I agree with Legion
    BTW Nice to see u posting to help the BD commmunity specially dota

but the problem is like what Galib bhai said .

But the most sadest part is that there are a lot of players in BD who play dota and they love the game but they never come out to play it in the competitive scene , They just want to have fun crushing the noobs . Only some teams step to every tournament of dota . I salute uttara on this part as they had 3 dota teams th last tournament hosted by centurian and they even reached the Semi-Finals by beating a experienced team .
    THUMBS up to UTTARA .
    If all the existing teams participate or atleast 2 teams from each cafe compete in tourneys I am sure there will be teams more than enough.
    I guess 12 teams can be easily formed and Participate in a tourneys if they really think that dota is a competitive game and not a game just for fun .Hope fully from 2009 we will have better dota tourneys and CS tourneys and others in a more competitive manner.

I hope more teams will appear in the dota tournaments,
    otherwise its better to play Mario , Mustapha or some single player game and own the AI's trust me

Welcome Legion, to Banglagamer once again and thanks for posting, yes this is a very good topic that u brought up.

Galib bhai organized a free dota tournament, what happened that teams didnt come at the venue and many of them were careless as CvP mentioned.

What i feel is that we need to expose players to competitive gaming, the value of making teams, handling pressure in all situations and many other things. There are lots of Dota players in garena too. We need to ask them to make teams, why not do the qualifiers online and the semis and finals on lan, it wont require entry fee and the prize money wont be such a huge factor i guess. Then we can have a get together will all Garena players and ask them to participate on Lan events so that we can set high the standards of DOTA.

What we dont have are sponsors, if we get sponsorship and all players of DOTA stand together im sure we can set high the standards of DOTA in Bangladesh. (maybe around the world too)

Just Chill and KiLL!!

Thanks legion for your suggestion, really good thinking.
    Actually i think most of the Dota players of bd need 'stability'. Look when did the Dota league ended? I guess in september..or october. Try remember the names of those teams played in league..except sp. Da team, da team alpha, up rising, ctd, sod etc etc. But where r those teams, where r those players? No team left except sp. This thing happens again n again after every tourney, as u saw most prominent team in recent time(team bd) broke out immediate after the final.
    There r a lot of good players in bd, but u wont be able to show up unless u play as a team for sometime. I dont think money is that problem to get into a tourney. Problem is on somewhere else.
    <nfs>

Quote Originally Posted by <nfs>j0j0 View Post
    thanks legion for your suggestion, really good thinking.
    Actually i think most of the dota players of bd need 'stability'. Look when did the dota league ended? I guess in september..or october. Try remember the names of those teams played in league..except sp. Da team, da team alpha, up rising, ctd, sod etc etc. But where r those teams, where r those players? No team left except sp. This thing happens again n again after every tourney, as u saw most prominent team in recent time(team bd) broke out immediate after the final.
    There r a lot of good players in bd, but u wont be able to show up unless u play as a team for sometime. I dont think money is that problem to get into a tourney. Problem is on somewhere else.
    10000000000000% true!!

Just Chill and KiLL!!

thanks for the feedback everyone

i think it boils down to sponsorship, and dedicated initative. i remember the nsu tournament a few years back (the one hosted by nsu and sponsored by some internet company). it was a 3v3 tourney and had quite a lot of teams (mostly from gaming zones in dhanmondi).

This was 2 years ago, when we didnt have ggc in bd and there were fewer dota players.

i'm sure a lot more people play dota today, specially with the bangladesh room in ggc.

I can't really think of a way to induce competitiveness in people who play dota. i guess this problems lies in every aspect in bangladesh sports- be it cricket, football or e-games. people are too focused on studies and fail to develop anything on the side (like dota).

But that is not to criticize bd dota. a lot of players have improved drastically (ill mention sp here, snakey/mp/wolf/sultan have improved from mediocre players to pros). if countries like vietnam and singapore can put up thousands of pros in dota, why can't we?

please post your ideas and thoughts

• Sad1d's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel D86PCD
      • CPU:
      • 2.66 GHz
      • RAM:
      • 512mb
      • Hard Drive:
      • 80 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Radeon 9250
      • Display:
      • PHILIPS, CRT 17&quot;
      • Sound Card:
      • SB Live
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Quadraphonic Creative Speakers
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP SP3
      • ISP:
      • Citynet
      • Download Speed:
      • 60 KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 50 KB/s

vry nice suggestion Legion and jojo wat u said is totally true , a free tourney will encourage pplz to come who fears in loosing and wasting deir money ...but also has a gr8 disadvantage of pplz making too much lazy , E.G - as galib bhai said , sm of da players doesnt come on exact time , as a result cr8's a big rush and chaos..
    Last edited by Sad1d; January 11th, 2009 at 14:01.

Noblesse Oblige
    • CvP's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770K @3.9GHz
      • RAM:
      • GSkill TridentX 2x8GB DDR3 @2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 256GB SSD; WD Caviar Black 2TB; Hitachi 250GB; Samsung S3 1.5TB; Hitachi 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 980Ti 6GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17&quot;+22&quot;+22&quot;
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD Audio &lt;internal&gt;
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 5:1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
      • Mouse:
      • G7
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic X 850W 80Plus Gold
      • Optical Drive:
      • External DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • Logitech Carl Zeiss Tessar HD 1080p Webcam
      • UPS:
      • Mercury 1500VA with Large Lead-Acid Battery
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Everything packed in a NZXT Phantom 820
      • ISP:
      • Link3/Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by SP|WeRewOLF View Post
    Welcome Legion, to Banglagamer once again and thanks for posting, yes this is a very good topic that u brought up.

Galib bhai organized a free dota tournament, what happened that teams didnt come at the venue and many of them were careless as CvP mentioned.

What i feel is that we need to expose players to competitive gaming, the value of making teams, handling pressure in all situations and many other things. There are lots of Dota players in garena too. We need to ask them to make teams, why not do the qualifiers online and the semis and finals on lan, it wont require entry fee and the prize money wont be such a huge factor i guess. Then we can have a get together will all Garena players and ask them to participate on Lan events so that we can set high the standards of DOTA.

What we dont have are sponsors, if we get sponsorship and all players of DOTA stand together im sure we can set high the standards of DOTA in Bangladesh. (maybe around the world too)
    net's still not up to the level where we can do this.

i planned this a long time ago but the way internet is in BD..we will need to wait at least this year.
    Last edited by CvP; January 11th, 2009 at 13:16. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
    Please do not PM me for support. You will NOT get a reply. Post in the relevant forum section.

its true that bangladeshi player r really very lazy...and most of them play games only to timepass..so after playing 1 game for some time they feel bored on it.they r not focused in a single game.like wt now all the cs players do now...they r well focused on their game and they all participating in each tournamnet..even ther are buying gadgets for the tournamnet from other countries like 'mouse and mousepad of razor' now cs is their passion.i am really happy with both team evolution team cz they show their passion on cs..they want to win the tourney nothing else and they did it.. they practised hard watch demo and they proved themselves in the tourney...but in dota they dont have profesionalism like what sp or others cs team have.. another thing is in bangladesh no such big dota tournamnets was organized or contuniued like wcg for dota..thats why most players like to play those games by which they can earn more pride or money...i think in bangladesh money is everything to all..if u organize a tournamnet with big prize money and continue it every year like others country do ( our neighbour INDIA and others) thats why they have many teams..even sp is participating on those tournamnets.. im sure that all the teams gonna practise and participate if they know by playing it they can achieve something..BUT FOR ME THE MAIN THING IS FOCUS ON A SINGLE GAME.. if all the dota players only focus on dota not in other games than i think it gonna work out..like u all know sakib and his some friends from uttara r one of the best dota players in bangladesh..but they wont play dota now..cz they dont have that passion on it and they got busy in other games..

SO I GUESS IF WE FIX THIS PROBLEMS WE CAN MAKE A BIG DOTA COMMUNITY IN BANGLADESH

well well , i think things will change eventually... the number of players in bd room is rising remarkably , and the best part is they are all new(bie's) to the game , which apparently means new people are starting to play this game ... also, i think BTTB reduced the internet prices again, by 20% if im not mistaken , my isp sent me a note saying i will get sth around 240 kbps for the current price i pay, or i can keep my current bandwidth for 20% less pay ... lets wait and watch what happens

one more thing ... there are alot of players from chittagong , the CxG team... and in some tournament a team from sylhet also came in MALIBAG ... so this means its growing rapidly ... in no time they ll be joining us also, if we share and train the ctg/sylhet players like we do in dhaka, im sure we can make a number of leaps... again , banglagamer admins should try to encourage these players to join the forums

• Sad1d's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel D86PCD
      • CPU:
      • 2.66 GHz
      • RAM:
      • 512mb
      • Hard Drive:
      • 80 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Radeon 9250
      • Display:
      • PHILIPS, CRT 17&quot;
      • Sound Card:
      • SB Live
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP SP3
      • ISP:
      • Citynet
      • Download Speed:
      • 60 KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 50 KB/s

Quote Originally Posted by CoB666.InFn-0 View Post
    well well , i think things will change eventually... the number of players in bd room is rising remarkably , and the best part is they are all new(bie's) to the game , which apparently means new people are starting to play this game ... also, i think BTTB reduced the internet prices again, by 20% if im not mistaken , my isp sent me a note saying i will get sth around 240 kbps for the current price i pay, or i can keep my current bandwidth for 20% less pay ... lets wait and watch what happens

one more thing ... there are alot of players from chittagong , the CxG team... and in some tournament a team from sylhet also came in MALIBAG ... so this means its growing rapidly ... in no time they ll be joining us also, if we share and train the ctg/sylhet players like we do in dhaka, im sure we can make a number of leaps... again , banglagamer admins should try to encourage these players to join the forums
    CxG members has eager to learn DotA and taste how it feels to owns at tourney ...all of deir 6 members has Good internet connections , but smtimes dey lag cuz dey live in ctg maybe ??

THE PLAN IN TO MAKE BANGLADESH DotA GAMING COMMUNITY BIG!... All we hav to do is find more new teams , such as CxG and train dem , maybe dey cud be da FUTURE of Bangladesh playing wid Ks^int,MYM,SK,RAPTOR,plus46,MET,Exello,TOFU,neXt!Plz,RuSh3D,DTS,W4T in IDEC , represent Bangladesh and wat not ?? maybe become da new Vigoss
    Last edited by Sad1d; January 11th, 2009 at 18:43.

• SP.Sn4k3y-'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ECS
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo
      • RAM:
      • 4 GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI 4650
      • Display:
      • Samsung 15&quot; CTY
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Kamasonic
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Lycosa
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Deathadder
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • ISP:
      • IS Pros
      • Download Speed:
      • 25 KB/sec
      • Upload Speed:
      • 60 KB/Sec

Sad1d trying to prove to us he knows the names of the competitive teams in the world .
    LOL sad1d

Quote Originally Posted by P1n!c5-Sad1d View Post
    CxG members has eager to learn DotA and taste how it feels to owns at tourney ...all of deir 6 members has Good internet connections , but smtimes dey lag cuz dey live in ctg maybe ??

THE PLAN IN TO MAKE BANGLADESH DotA GAMING COMMUNITY BIG!... All we hav to do is find more new teams , such as CxG and train dem , maybe dey cud be da FUTURE of Bangladesh playing wid Ks^int,MYM,SK,RAPTOR,plus46,MET,Exello,TOFU,neXt!Plz,RuSh3D,DTS,W4T in IDEC , represent Bangladesh and wat not ?? maybe become da new Vigoss
    Why didnt u mention the asian teams dude. We should look at them and go forward after all we are asian.

Just Chill and KiLL!!

• Sad1d's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel D86PCD
      • CPU:
      • 2.66 GHz
      • RAM:
      • 512mb
      • Hard Drive:
      • 80 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Radeon 9250
      • Display:
      • PHILIPS, CRT 17&quot;
      • Sound Card:
      • SB Live
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP SP3
      • ISP:
      • Citynet
      • Download Speed:
      • 60 KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 50 KB/s

Quote Originally Posted by SP|WeRewOLF View Post
    Why didnt u mention the asian teams dude. We should look at them and go forward after all we are asian.

Europe.DotA > Asia.DotA

i believe dat dey can make it to top

End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn4K3y View Post
    Sad1d trying to prove to us he knows the names of the competitive teams in the world .
    LOL sad1d
    hahahaha funny

.(not)
    Last edited by Sad1d; January 12th, 2009 at 00:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SenSei
    • SenSeiFAR's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Satellite L505D-S5992
      • CPU:
      • AMD Turion II Dual Core
      • RAM:
      • DDR3 SD 3GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Radeon 4200 graphics with shared memory
      • Display:
      • Toshiba 15.6 LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • SteelSeries Siberia USB Sound Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • SteelSeries Siberia In Ear / Razer Moray+
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K200
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Mamba
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RumblePad 2 (x2)
      • Power Supply:
      • No clue
      • Optical Drive:
      • San Disk 4 gb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • ISP:
      • SBC [at&amp;t]
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

LOL! DotA? Let's see, the problem I've seen with DotA players in BD, is simple they have NO BALLS! =). For some reason, they can't pick up the courage to actually play a clan game or in a tourni. They all think, SP will win, what's the point, and most are lazy bums who play in GG thinking they are pro, where as they can't do ¤¤¤¤.

Team like SP, DTA, DTM, BD, and otehr good ones, who actually play are great, but the others is what I mean, they have no balls, they rather spend 200 taka a day playing a game, and get all hyped up and get in fist fights for a pub game, but will never have the balls to play in a tourni. =). That's the problem. Money isn't a factor.
    Australian-I feel for ya bro gaming on a piece of crap you should be twice as good at any game you play. Thats really really a scary thought. Part of me does not want you to get a new rig.

• [email protected]'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97x-UD3H-BK
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690k OC to 4.5Ghz
      • RAM:
      • G Skill 16 GB DDR3 2200MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD + 2 TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Geforce 970 4GB
      • Display:
      • Asus 21.5 inch IPS monitor
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Audioengine A2 plus Dayton 8 inch subwoofer
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500s
      • Controller:
      • Original Microsoft Xbox One wired controller
      • Power Supply:
      • EVGA G2 750W 80 plus Gold
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64

lol ...... i think bd players are more interested in graphics of games ...... rather than the game itself ......

onekei dota khelte chai na ba interested feel kore na .......... bcoz of graphics maybe ....... i dont know ...... onek gamers ra first impression ney graphics theke ...... aita unconsciously hoy ...... aita kintu akta fact ....... i dont know how much u will agree ........

u can see the case of counter strike in bd ......... most player will play source but very few play cs 1.6 .... aita bg.com er forum er cs 1.6 r css section er activity deklei bhujha jai and onekei directly o bolse je source better looking so y play 1.6 ....... so initial stage e graphics may be attract korse??? we all know cs 1.6 is the actual cs and worlwide beshi chole ..... not source ....

r notun player der kotha jaani na ...... but aita kora jete paare je there can be low level competitions ...... like top teams in bd cant participate in them ...... oikhan theke aste aste ora higher ranked competition e jaabe ....... aibhabhe shob notun teams der against e SP diya dile to bhagbei ...... tai na ....... amare jodi bole giya christiano ronaldo re mark korte ba go play against brazil national team ..... taile to r hoilo na ... amare to bhoira kisu rakhbe na .... level thakte hobe to ......... otherwise demotivating to hobei ..... r brazil national team eo to ak dine kau dhuke na ........ shobai lower level theke uthei to top e jai ....... this is natural and this is required for proper growth of mentality of individuals ........

so this has nothing to do wid ballz ......... every men has fear inside them and kokhono na kokhono oi balls ta shobari thake na ...... aita admit korte paro ba na korte paro ....... u can pretend to be superhero but u will be afraid sometimes ....... so airokom situation na create kore and not blaming others for having no balls ....... plz arrange low level competitions ....... jekhane new teams will compete and this will give them motivation to play even more as they win and gain experience ......... otherwise honestly speaking, i dont see how new players will gain the maturity level ........
    Last edited by [email protected]; January 12th, 2009 at 02:36.

SenSei
    • SenSeiFAR's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Satellite L505D-S5992
      • CPU:
      • AMD Turion II Dual Core
      • RAM:
      • DDR3 SD 3GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Radeon 4200 graphics with shared memory
      • Display:
      • Toshiba 15.6 LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • SteelSeries Siberia USB Sound Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • SteelSeries Siberia In Ear / Razer Moray+
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K200
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Mamba
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RumblePad 2 (x2)
      • Power Supply:
      • No clue
      • Optical Drive:
      • San Disk 4 gb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • ISP:
      • SBC [at&amp;t]
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Your post is so true, except the part about balls. I doubt you've seen the DotA players in BD. =). I have, I played so many, awesome players, with talent, not playing coz they think they can't, they are simply afraid, or don't have the commitment.
    Australian-I feel for ya bro gaming on a piece of crap you should be twice as good at any game you play. Thats really really a scary thought. Part of me does not want you to get a new rig.

VIP Member
    • SinEater's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K-VM
      • CPU:
      • Pentium E 2200
      • RAM:
      • 6 GB DDR2, 800 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 500 GB + 500 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • 450 GTX
      • Display:
      • Samsung 933SN LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek, integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • T6200 5.1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer Lycosa, Razer Arctosa
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Lachesis, Razer Death Adder L/H
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft SideWinder
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair 650 W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus Combo Drive
      • ISP:
      • Qubee 1mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

@Tomal: A DotA player needs courage above everything else...if he is lacking it even sometimes, he is already NO GOOD...

Thanks to everyone for their input on this topic. Special thanks to Sakib for starting this actually. I have been thinking for the last 2 days and going over all the inputs here. I would like all of you to go through my views with an open mind. And tell as many DotA players possible to register and read for their sake.

At present, there are roughly around 4 categories of DotA players. 1. 'For Fun' players. 2. Serious solo players. 3. Members of new clan. 4. Members of established Clans. And then there is SP in a special category....kidding, no really!
    We can help members of Group 2 and 3 to improve as much as possible. At present, there are also clans from Ctg, Rajshahi, Sylhet and Khulna.

What we can do is ask individual players and Clans to register in BG first. From there:
    1. We can help the enthusiastic solo players find clans for them.
    2. Improve the performance of the new clans by arranging tournaments and matches (scrims) with established clans.
    3. Hold tournament of the best clans in BD at 3-4 times a year, with substantial prize money to offer.
    4. Try to arrange and participate in online tournaments for the best clans in BD to get exposure to the great clans of the world.

To do these, we actually have to have a base of 100 players and 15 clans at least. The clans will be divided into 2 classes. the best of them in tier 1, the rest in tier 2. A tier 1 tournament will be followed by a tier 2 tournament. The last 2 teams from the T1 tournament will compete in T2 and the top 2 finishers in T2 tournament will participate in the T1 tournament.

We can provide other advantages to these Clans and players to the best of our ability.

Now comes the question of our ability. If we could have got a 1,00,000/- taka sponsor for a whole calendar year, we could have started on this plan right now. But as we do not have anything yet, we have to start looking if we are serious. Even if we have to get 100 separate donations of 1,000/- each, we should have the commitment to get it.

So, what do you say?
    Last edited by SinEater; January 12th, 2009 at 10:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Click here to find out how a noob plays the Anti Mage

Honesty and Modesty were the best policy...they still are.
    A single stupid man can ask more questions than a thousand wise men can answer
    <nfs>.......for life..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast