• Now it's time to game :)
      • ISP:
      • BUCT
      • Download Speed:
      • 2mb/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mb/s

Thumbs up Dreamfall Chapters [Longest Journey Sequel]

Funcom has announced that Dreamfall Chapters, the long-rumored next sequel in the acclaimed The Longest Journey PC adventure series, has entered pre-production.

The next installment in the franchise will be developed by new studio Red Thread Games, which has licensed the IP from Funcom and is being headed by none other than The Longest Journey’s creator, Ragnar Tørnquist.
    Dreamfall Chapters will be independently funded and produced.
    “I’m very excited to finally have the opportunity to continue the ‘The Longest Journey’ saga,” said Tørnquist. “Ever since we ended ‘Dreamfall’ on a nail-biting cliffhanger, players have been rightfully demanding a sequel, and my deal with Funcom will finally make that possible.
    “I’m extremely grateful to Funcom for this unique and exciting opportunity, and I can’t wait to dive back into the universe I helped create more than a decade ago, and continue the story players have been waiting for these past six years.”
    Further details about the game or its potential release date were not provided, but Funcom says to expect more info on the sequel “in the coming months.”

• solid snake's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte g41m
      • CPU:
      • core 2 quad
      • RAM:
      • 4 gb
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500 gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • ati 5770
      • Power Supply:
      • tt t2 rx
      • Operating System:
      • win 7

nice bit of news. there is a large number of fan base of this series. i am sure many people are freaking out hearing this. personally i hope its gonna be as awesome as the first 2 game. good news.

• arefinzz's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B85-G43 Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 4570
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws 2*4GB DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 2TB+Transcend 500GB external
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire NITRO R9 390 8G GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229H
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative 2:1 & A4tech HeadPhone
      • Keyboard:
      • Cooler Master
      • Mouse:
      • Storm Devastator Combo
      • Controller:
      • Havit G83
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 650W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • *Busted
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • BUCT
      • Download Speed:
      • 2mb/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mb/s

Quote Originally Posted by solid snake View Post
    nice bit of news. there is a large number of fan base of this series. i am sure many people are freaking out hearing this. personally i hope its gonna be as awesome as the first 2 game. good news.
    It's alway's a gamble to give some reputed IP to a new studio.not every IP is lucky enough as Halo,Hopefully Red Thread Games won't mess up these great series.

- - - Updated - - -

Some new Info on Wiki:
    Gameplay

Tørnquist stated (unofficially) that the Chapters will be similar to Dreamfall in terms of gameplay. The player characters will be controlled from third-person perspective but the "focus field" will no longer be used. The gameplay will be a mix of "puzzles and exploration and conversations and mini-games and action". He specifically commented that combat (a point often criticized about Dreamfall) will be "revamped" to not "feel like typical action-adventure combat [...] or be completely broken", instead "mixing puzzles, problem solving and good, old fashioned violence - and avoiding QTEs".The gameplay focus will be on exploring the story, rather than quick reaction and manual dexterity.

Story

Tørnquist has commented that the story of Dreamfall Chapters will pick up exactly where Dreamfall ended or even before that, to present its ending from an alternative point of view.According to him, the story will have a multi-threaded narrative and follow several characters, both new and old, including "a very exciting new heroine".For example, Tørnquist confirmed that Zoë Castillo and Kian Alvane, as well as the episodic character Cortez, will be returning in Chapters but refused to comment on April Ryan's situation after the ending of Dreamfall.On his blog, he also dropped several hints at the future development of the story.

Development

On March 1, 2007, Funcom announced that unlike its predecessors, Dreamfall Chapters will be released in episodic format,which goes perfectly with Tørnquist's plans for the continuation of the story.The production of the game couldn't begin in 2009, as all prospective developers (including Tørnquist) were at the time involved with The Secret World, but the plot was already written out at the time.On October 1, 2009, Funcom's Director of Communications Erling Ellingsen stated in an interview that the development of Dreamfall Chapters had been put on an "indefinite hold".Ten days later, Tørnquist contradicted Ellingsen on his blog, stating that the hold is temporary, not indefinite.On Formspring.me, Tørnquist stated that Chapters may be playable before 2013.

On November 1, 2012, it was announced that Ragnar Tørnquist's newly-founded studio Red Thread Games began the pre-production for the sequel. Because Funcom's focus has shifted to online games, the company decided to license the rights to The Longest Journey IP to Tørnquist's development studio, who will fund and produce the game independently.Red Thread Games is a completely autonomous studio who is going to both develop and publish the game with its own resources. The pre-production was funded by the Norwegian Film Institute, and Tørnquist plans to organize a crowd funding campaign on Kickstarter to finance the rest of the game. Red Thread Games is "not taking any Funcom employees" but the game will be produced in close cooperation with Funcom.

Noblesse Oblige
    • CvP's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770K @3.9GHz
      • RAM:
      • GSkill TridentX 2x8GB DDR3 @2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 256GB SSD; WD Caviar Black 2TB; Hitachi 250GB; Samsung S3 1.5TB; Hitachi 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 980Ti 6GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17"+22"+22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD Audio <internal>
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 5:1
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
      • Mouse:
      • G7
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic X 850W 80Plus Gold
      • Optical Drive:
      • External DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • Logitech Carl Zeiss Tessar HD 1080p Webcam
      • UPS:
      • Mercury 1500VA with Large Lead-Acid Battery
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Everything packed in a NZXT Phantom 820
      • ISP:
      • Link3/Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

I didn't even get to play Dreamfall. Only played first one (loved it btw).
    The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
    Please do not PM me for support. You will NOT get a reply. Post in the relevant forum section.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    I didn't even get to play Dreamfall. Only played first one (loved it btw).
    Dreamfall storyline was even better - enhanced the hunger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arefinzz View Post
    Funcom has announced that Dreamfall Chapters, the long-rumored next sequel in the acclaimed The Longest Journey PC adventure series, has entered pre-production.
    Shobey pre-production?!!! AMi to bhablaam Christmas e IT NEXT e eshey jaabey.

• arefinzz's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B85-G43 Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 4570
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws 2*4GB DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 2TB+Transcend 500GB external
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire NITRO R9 390 8G GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Asus VX229H
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative 2:1 & A4tech HeadPhone
      • Keyboard:
      • Cooler Master
      • Mouse:
      • Storm Devastator Combo
      • Controller:
      • Havit G83
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 650W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • *Busted
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • BUCT
      • Download Speed:
      • 2mb/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mb/s

Quote Originally Posted by REVx View Post
    Shobey pre-production?!!! AMi to bhablaam Christmas e IT NEXT e eshey jaabey.
    Then here is some more bad news for you:
    Dreamfall Chapters production to be funded by Kickstarter
    Dreamfall Chapters is the long-awaited return of a classic adventure game series, so you've probably already guessed that it'll be funded by Kickstarter.

"We will be doing a Kickstarter," creator Ragnar Tørnquist told Rock, Paper, Shotgun. "Not right now, but we will be doing it in the near future, simply because although we received a grant from the Norwegian Film Institute, which was announced today, that is only for the preproduction phase. That allows us to get started on a prototype but in order to fully develop Dreamfall Chapters we're going to need more money and we will be going to Kickstarter."

The new studio working on Dreamfall Chapters, Red Thread Games, will be "completely independent of Funcom," Tørnquist said, though Tørnquist will continue to work as creative director on The Secret World for Funcom, and the two companies will share revenue from Dreamfall.

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake 3.6-4.20GHz 8MG Cache 7th Gen
      • RAM:
      • 2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 2400 BUS
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB SATA + 1TB Western Digital Blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Nitro + AMD RX 480 8GB GDDR5 OC
      • Display:
      • Samsung 21.5 inch Curved LED
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech H110 Headphone
      • Keyboard:
      • Perfect CS-556 USB Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Delux DLM-137BU Optical USB Mouse
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake PS-TR2 600W 80Plus Bronze Power Supply
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

Dreamfall Chapters first details revealed, will feature three playable characters

Dreamfall Chapters, the long awaited sequel to the 2006 adventure game Dreamfall,will feature three playable characters whose stories will intertwine throughout the game, including two female protagonists who are yet to be revealed, Red Thread Studios founder Ragnar Tornquist told Polygon in a recent interview.

According to Tornquist, these characters will be joined by a number of familiar faces from the previous two games in the series, including Dreamfall protagonist Zoë who has changed drastically since the previous title.

"Zoë will be back," he tells us. "But she won't be the same Zoë we met in Dreamfall. Like all of our characters, she will have grown and evolved, and Dreamfall Chapters is going to take some daring twists and turns. Birth, life, death it's about all of those things, and no one is safe from life. Growing up isn't easy, and Zoë will understand this better than most."

'She won't be the same Zoë we met in Dreamfall.'

In November, Red Thread Studios announced it licensed the rights to the game series from Funcom, the developer and publisher of the two earlier titles. The team which is so far made up of six people and includes several Longest Journey and Dreamfall alumni has toyed with the story of Chapters since Dreamfall's release. During this initial development stage, the designers planned to launch the new title within the three or four years to follow. "That obviously did not happen," says Tornquist. "I'll take this opportunity to say a heartfelt 'sorry' to everyone affected."

The upcoming title follows a different art style than its predecessors which will reflect a particular narrative and thematic evolution in the game, he says. Its mechanics and combat, however, are an improvement upon what was previously seen in Dreamfall.

"A lot of the combat [in Dreamfall] was awful," says Tornquist. "That's gone. I think the focus field was a misfire. It was supposed to supplant the cursor, but it didn't work very well. It also wasn't used much, which I guess was a good thing. In general, I wasn't happy with the controls in Dreamfall. It felt clunky, particularly on the PC. That's something we're fixing. With Chapters, we're doing something a lot more intuitive. The current prototype already feels a lot better. The first time I sat down to play it, I knew we were on the right path."

While Dreamfall Chapters was originally planned to launch in episodes, this is no longer the case, says Tornquist. Instead, the game will be separated into three "books," themed around a season and phase of life beginning in spring and ending in winter. The game's story will cover the period of just over a year.

"That was originally the plan," he said of the original episodic distribution. "It is no longer the plan. I think our players deserve to get the rest of the story in one big chunk. We've drawn this out enough as it is. And 'Chapters' was always a word with layers. The name still makes a lot of sense, which is why we've kept it."

'Chapters' was always a word with layers.'

Dreamfall Chapters will explore themes of growth and change, says Tornquist. Characters will grow throughout the game, which will affect the title's mechanics, while each book in the game will emphasize different aspects of these themes.

"I'm fascinated by the passage of time," he said, "what it does to us, how people evolve and how they stay the same and that's something we'll be exploring with this game. Our characters will grow and change through the game, and so will the player's experience, as seen through the eyes of those characters. This will also, of course, affect the game mechanics. Each book will play and feel a bit different. Everyone grows, everyone changes.

"It's really a game about growing up, growing into your role, into yourself. I think it's a theme we can all relate to. We're going through that, all of us. Learning to be comfortable with who we are and where we're at in life. That's hard to do. I struggle with that myself, and that's why it's an important story to tell, and a theme that will resonate well with everyone playing the game. I believe. I hope."

While this will be the last game in the Dreamfall series, it "probably won't" be the last game in The Longest Journey saga, he adds. The team plans to resolve all and if not all then most of the "infuriating cliffhangers" left at the conclusion of Dreamfall, but may still leave some threads unexplored. This includes the question of what happened in the period that takes place between the original Longest Journey and its sequel set a decade later.

"That doesn't mean every scene has been plotted out in detail," he says. "Far from it. We know the structure, we know where things are headed, we know the characters' arcs, their journeys, we know the major beats but there's a lot of room between those beats to write something fresh and new. There's room to re-invent, to re-imagine. It's been over six years since we wrapped Dreamfall, and we've changed as writers and as designers. We've changed as people. We've grown. This won't be the same game we would have made back then, far from it. But we do owe it to our players, and to ourselves and our characters, to wrap it all up the way we'd planned to wrap it up. There might still be some threads left unexplored, of course, and while Chapters is the final game in the Dreamfall cycle, it may not be the final game in The Longest Journey saga...

"Okay, so, yeah, it probably won't be the final game in the saga. There's the question of what happened in the decade between the end of The Longest Journey and the beginning of Dreamfall, of course, and then there's that whole War of the Balance thing. There's definitely room for more stories and more games in that universe but Dreamfall Chapters will conclude the story we began in Dreamfall. It'll be a proper end, of sorts. Which is good, because this is a game about endings. And also beginnings. And middles. Let's not forget those middles."

'We expect to have access to most, if not all, of the original voice actors.'

While six years have passed since the release of the last game in the series, Tornquist expects to have access to "most, if not all" of the original voice actors from the series; However, the team may have to re-cast "a few" characters. He declined to reveal whether Sarah Hamilton, the voice behind The Longest Journey protagonist April Ryan, would join the cast.

"We expect to have access to most, if not all, of the original voice actors," he said. "A few may have to be recast, but in those cases we will strive to get the very best actors out there. We have a lot of experience working with voice actors, and we have a long, long list of people we love to work with and who love to work with us so even if we can't get everyone back, all the characters will sound great. They'll be voiced by the best people in the industry," he said.

Dreamfall Chapters will be partially funded through crowdfunding website Kickstarter, with a campaign scheduled to begin in early 2013. According to Tornquist, "crowdfunding is probably the only way Dreamfall Chapters is ever going to see the light of day."

The long road to developing Dreamfall Chapters

Prior to launching the new studio, Tornquist was central in the development of Funcom's modern-day MMO The Secret World, which he describes as his "baby." According to Tornquist, The Secret World was one of the primary reasons Chapters took so long to begin developing, in addition to Funcom's online-only games policy which would have affected the game's original design concept.

"The Secret World was definitely a key reason why we didn't start production on Chapters sooner," he says, "but there's also Funcom's focus on online-only games. Dreamfall Chapters doesn't really fit into that, not without turning it into something else entirely. I realized we had to start our own studio before we could start working on Chapters, and that's something that's been in the back of my mind these last couple of years.

"But also, you know, this is such a fantastic time to do what we're doing. This is the perfect time to be an independent developer. I don't think it would have been possible a couple of years ago. We now have a way to speak directly to our core audience, a way to focus on the right platforms, and a way to get funding without selling our souls and assets to a publisher."

The studio members have invested in Red Thread themselves and are seeking additional funding from other sources. A grant from the Norwegian Film Institute allowed the company to set up a studio, rent office space, pay employees and begin creating a prototype; However, even with the current support it is "not nearly enough to make the full game," says Tornquist.

'There aren't a lot of publishers out there willing to bet on a PC adventure game.'

Traditional publishing methods have not been ruled out, but Tornquist believes that route would slow the development of the game and create new complications. He adds: "I'm hoping we won't have to."

"There aren't a lot of publishers out there willing to bet on a PC adventure game, even when it's a sequel to a proven success," he says. "And even if there are, it'd be hard for us to make the game that we want to make. Kickstarter makes it possible for our community of dedicated fans to contribute directly and to see this game come to fruition. It makes it possible for us to wrap this story up the way we want to wrap it up, and not worry too much about appealing to a wider audience across multiple platforms. We're making Chapters for fans of The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, for fans of story-driven games and adventures, for PC gamers. That's really not the best pitch to a publisher but it is the best pitch to our core audience."

By the end of 2013, Red Thread Studios a play on the term "red herring" and a reference to the thematic thread that will run through the studio's games will expand to a team of 17 or 18 employees. For Tornquist, a Funcom employee for 18 years, the studio will allow him the creative freedom he has fantasized of.

'It's like starting your own band, writing your own songs. It's punk. It's rock & roll.'

"I think everyone who's ever worked on a big game has fantasized about starting their own studio. There's a romance to it, going back to your roots, making smaller games. Even if you've never done that, even if your roots are big budget, AAA. More so, I'd imagine, if that's your background. It's like starting your own band, writing your own songs. It's punk. It's rock & roll. It's definitely something, something real. So yeah, it's inevitable. When you're working on a project that employs hundreds of people and takes half a decade to make you wake up some days and think, ¤¤¤¤ this, I want to actually make games again, not be another cog in the wheel.

"I really feel the time has come for me to go back to working with smaller teams and the sort of collaboration I enjoyed during my first decade making games. 15, 20 people, tops. Everyone doing a bit of everything. Being able to actually make a contribution instead of spending my days in meetings and putting out fires, and never really connecting with people. Getting to be more hands on. Perhaps also leaving my comfort zone. Well, definitely that."

http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/14/37...three-playable

Like my Facebook page Gaming Newz for new gaming news updates.

My Facebook Twitter YouTube Steam

• redwan hasan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B75 Pro-3 M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600 + CM Hyper 412S
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 1333MHz 16GB (4GB*4)
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 2TB 6Gb/s, Hitachi 1TB 3Gb/s, Samsung 320GB 3Gb/s
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX660OC 2GB
      • Display:
      • Asus MX239H
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek ALC892
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 2400 2:1, Skullcandy 50/50
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech KBS21
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech X7
      • Controller:
      • Generic XBOX Clone
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX750
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW 24 B3ST
      • UPS:
      • Power Gaurd 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64bit. Ubuntu 14.10 x64
      • Comment:
      • Waiting on new system.
      • ISP:
      • Link3 5Mbps

owww this game is still alive! played dreamfall the longest journey... but it was a bit boring!

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

FIRST DREAMFALL CHAPTERS IN-GAME, WORK-IN-PROGRESS SCREENSHOT REVEALED!

Our handsome and talented artists have been working very hard, and while most of their work is not quite ready for primetime (soon now, very very soon) we just wanted to post an exclusive teaser of what's in store. A prevue. A taster. A starter. Or, as the French would say, an hors d'oeuvre.

This is the very first work-in-progress, in-game screenshot from Red Thread Games' upcoming PC adventure game, Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey!

Autumn in Marcuria. The seasons are changing. Life marches on, the pages turn, chapter by chapter.
    Since this is just an early work-in-progress screenshot, the scene is bereft of city life. The scope and scale of the locations in Dreamfall Chapters -- and the amount of street life -- is far, far beyond Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. And we'll show you more of that soon.

Breaking it down, this shot confirms the following:

1. Marcuria is back. It's some time after the end of Dreamfall, and things have changed. How they've changed, we're not revealing quite yet.
    2. Dreamfall took place in winter. Dreamfall Chapters takes place in ALL seasons. The above shot is Marcuria in autumn.
    3. We're actually working on Dreamfall Chapters. We didn't make it up to avoid embarrassing questions from our parents about what we're doing with our lives.

Stay posted for tons more very soon, and 'follow' us on Facebook and Twitter to keep updated on the latest news! Social media!

http://redthreadgames.com/blog/21/1/...s-art-released

• Trave160's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B350M Mortar AM4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3TB Western Digital red
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Strix GTX 960 4G
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H 22 Inch monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • None
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • TtEsports Knucker
      • Controller:
      • PS4 Dualshock 4 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 24X DVD-RW Drive(Defunct)
      • USB Devices:
      • Pendrive 4GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Toaster rig arisen to Ultra toaster with chisel abs.
      • ISP:
      • NunuCom Ltd, Penus group
      • Download Speed:
      • Super San 200kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 105*2
      • Console:

Default Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey

From Neoseeker.com

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey now on Kickstarter, the perfect environment for it to succeed

The franchise's future depends on fan support, as it should

Apparently when we last heard that Dreamfall Chapters was definitely being made, it was only sort of definitely being made. RagnarTornquist's Red Thread Games has moved their project to Kickstarter and apparently it going forward will depend on $850,000 in fan backing. Don't worry, Kickstarter is designed for these sorts of projects to thrive, so expect an update on the project's stretch goals, likely within a matter of weeks.Watch the pitch video below, or check out this shortlist of "features" that Red Thread Games is selling the game on:

• Experience a deep and complex storyline that continues the epic saga of The Longest Journey and concludes the Dreamer Cycle that began with Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
    • Explore a beautiful, rich, detailed, interactive and living world that mixes a cyberpunk vision of the future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamworld
    • Play as three different characters, all on journeys across worlds, through life, and into their own hearts and souls
    • 3D point-and-click interface and engaging puzzle gameplay designed for fans of adventure games

As a small independent studio trying to make the game they really want, putting Dreamfall Chapters on Kickstarteris absolutely justified. If Kickstarter will allow Red Thread Games to license the property and then make the adventure game they want, then there's really no other way to make the specific game they want to make. The game that fans really want, too.

Still, I wrote my previous articles on Dreamfall Chapters assuming that the game was being made and fans should therefore get excited about it. Instead, it appears that I was merely advertising for their upcoming Kickstarter project. My excitement about the project feels a bit misused. What's done is done, so hopefully we can just focus on the game's development going forward.

Check out Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey's Kickstarter page for more information. The game is planned for release in November 2014 and a copy will come with all $25 donations ($20 for 5000 early bird funders). Expect it to be available on PC download services.

Trailer:

Last edited by Trave160; February 11th, 2013 at 10:10.

• Trave160's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B350M Mortar AM4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3TB Western Digital red
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Strix GTX 960 4G
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H 22 Inch monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • None
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • TtEsports Knucker
      • Controller:
      • PS4 Dualshock 4 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 24X DVD-RW Drive(Defunct)
      • USB Devices:
      • Pendrive 4GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Toaster rig arisen to Ultra toaster with chisel abs.
      • ISP:
      • NunuCom Ltd, Penus group
      • Download Speed:
      • Super San 200kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 105*2
      • Console:

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Trailer Sets 2014 Release

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey hit its funding goal recently, but that doesn't mean we'll be getting our hands on it any time soon.

With six days left to accept funding, the Dreamfall Chapters Kickstarter has already collected over $1,100,000. The first trailer for the game shows that even at this early stage, the project is coming along nicely. Comparable Kickstarter games are still typically showing off concept art at this point, but Red Thread Games already has 3D models walking around staring wistfully into the sky.

According to the trailer, the journey begin in November 2014.

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

Dreamfall Chapters heading to consoles: Likely PS4/XBO, Maybe Wii U; Tablets Later

"We are preparing to go to consoles," he told me at Rezzed 2013, "without officially announcing anything. We are keen on getting this game to as many people as possible.

"The game works extremely well in a TV/couch scenario - it's a perfect game for that.

"We're building a game that has cross-platform technology anyway, so I think the chances are extremely good that we'll land on one or both of the next-gen consoles."

"We have started dialogue with Microsoft, yeah," he said. "The Xbox One and Microsoft, they get a lot of flack, but it's still an extremely interesting platform for us, obviously, and it's going to be huge.

"I've officially also said that Sony is a lot more inviting and welcoming to indie developers, so it's a lot easier for us to start that dialogue and get support. It is a bit harder with Microsoft but it's not like we're excluding anything.

"The PlayStation 4 is definitely an interesting platform for us right now," he stressed.

And what about the prospect of Dreamfall Chapters on Wii U?

"We are also in dialogue with Nintendo. We're going to be looking at it," he answered. "We can't make any promises because the the Wii U, it's underpowered compared to the next-gen consoles and PC obviously - I don't think that's a secret or Nintendo would get upset at me.

"We're going to look at getting the game running on Wii U and then we'll make decisions depending on how that goes and what we see the market possibilities are doing. Like I said, we don't want to exclude anything, so we'll try anything."

Tablet versions are a possibility too, but they'll have to wait.

"We are going to go to tablets, yeah," he confirmed.

"It does exist in some form for iOS but it hasn't been released. But with Chapters we are taking the game to mobile platforms after the desktop and console versions because it is an interesting game for tablet format but we don't want to just do a straight port - that would be very hard also. We want it to work well with a touch-screen interface not the virtual joystick kind of thing."

Dreamfall Chapters on phones is probably not going to happen because although it's technically possible in Unity, a poor frame-rate, relatively tiny screen and cramped controls will make the experience one Ragnar Tornquist doesn't want fans to have.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...go-to-consoles

• Shrapmeth's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus III Formula
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-750 2.67 Ghz OC'ed @ 3.73 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengeance 4x2 8GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster SA300
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative X-Fi Platinum
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • A4 Tech
      • Keyboard:
      • Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
      • Mouse:
      • Steelseries Sensei
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 875W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD/RW
      • UPS:
      • PowerGuard 2000Va
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 x64
      • Comment:
      • Trying to make it more future proof. :)
      • ISP:
      • Antaranga
      • Download Speed:
      • 300-650
      • Upload Speed:
      • 300-650

Is this coming to PC?

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

Quote Originally Posted by Shrapmeth View Post
    Is this coming to PC?
    Yes. If you haven't play the Dreamfall, you should play it now.

Nice looking game

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

Dreamfall Chapters - Friar's Keep Gameplay Walkthrough (25 minutes)

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/dream.../2300-6416680/

No YouTube link yet.

• 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASROCK h81-GL
      • CPU:
      • Core i3 4130 @3.40ghz
      • RAM:
      • TWINMOS 2gb(x2) 1333mhz ddr3
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 1tb BLUE
      • Graphics Card:
      • Radeon r7 260x (2gb) GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Hp 18.5"
      • Sound Card:
      • basic
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • basic
      • Keyboard:
      • TT Amaru
      • Mouse:
      • Newman Gaming
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX430w
      • Optical Drive:
      • General
      • Comment:
      • Alhamdulillah :)
      • Console:

Dreamfall er sequel gula akta list korben keu?

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

Quote Originally Posted by Z!mM3r View Post
    Dreamfall er sequel gula akta list korben keu?
    1. The Longest Journey
    2. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
    3. Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey

• 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASROCK h81-GL
      • CPU:
      • Core i3 4130 @3.40ghz
      • RAM:
      • TWINMOS 2gb(x2) 1333mhz ddr3
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 1tb BLUE
      • Graphics Card:
      • Radeon r7 260x (2gb) GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Hp 18.5"
      • Sound Card:
      • basic
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • basic
      • Keyboard:
      • TT Amaru
      • Mouse:
      • Newman Gaming
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair CX430w
      • Optical Drive:
      • General
      • Comment:
      • Alhamdulillah :)
      • Console:

Thnx Anik bhai

Publisher
    • anik_lc's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B250M Bazooka
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built In
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • N/A
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Power Guard 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Very Satisfied
      • ISP:
      • ICC
      • Download Speed:
      • 300kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 400kbps

The pleasure is all mine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast