User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: PS vita for online gameplay.

  1. #1

    Default PS vita for online gameplay.

    I was planning to buy a vita. Its expensive, not many games, even the games are expensive, blah blah blah, keeping all of this in mind I decided to buy it for it looks good and I want to play some handheld online games. I already have wifi connection in my room for mobile and laptop, and as its not yet mod-able so yes I will be buying the original discs . Just need to know if the online is free, and how much speed does it require. Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    • Trave160's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B350M Mortar AM4
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
      • RAM:
      • 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 3TB Western Digital red
      • Graphics Card:
      • ASUS Strix GTX 960 4G
      • Display:
      • Dell S2216H 22 Inch monitor
      • Sound Card:
      • None
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Logitech Speaker
      • Keyboard:
      • TtEsports Knucker
      • Controller:
      • PS4 Dualshock 4 controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 24X DVD-RW Drive(Defunct)
      • USB Devices:
      • Pendrive 4GB
      • UPS:
      • Power Tree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Toaster rig arisen to Ultra toaster with chisel abs.
      • ISP:
      • NunuCom Ltd, Penus group
      • Download Speed:
      • Super San 200kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 105*2
      • Console:
      • 130
    Trave160's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Secure Area
    Posts
    7,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    I was planning to buy a vita. Its expensive, not many games, even the games are expensive, blah blah blah, keeping all of this in mind I decided to buy it for it looks good and I want to play some handheld online games. I already have wifi connection in my room for mobile and laptop, and as its not yet mod-able so yes I will be buying the original discs . Just need to know if the online is free, and how much speed does it require. Thanks
    For contents i say pretty much of your regular broadband speed(Like 2mbps or less) but for online gaming not much actually mostly depends on Ping speaking from a hunch. Playstation Online is free but they have a premium package like Playstation +.

  3. #3
    Verified Retailer
    • MDK's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 4770K
      • RAM:
      • Team Xtreem 8GB x2 2400
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 120GB, WD Cavia Green 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire AMD Radeon 7970
      • Display:
      • ViewSonic VX2260WM
      • Controller:
      • MS Xbox Wired Controller, MS Xbox Wireless Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower ST 750W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Lite-on DVD-RW, Pioneer BD-RW
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit with Media Center
      • Console:
      • 158
    MDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    I was planning to buy a vita. Its expensive, not many games, even the games are expensive, blah blah blah, keeping all of this in mind I decided to buy it for it looks good and I want to play some handheld online games. I already have wifi connection in my room for mobile and laptop, and as its not yet mod-able so yes I will be buying the original discs . Just need to know if the online is free, and how much speed does it require. Thanks
    Online play is free on PSN. but if you get 1 year subscription of PSN+($50), you would get free games. like I got Uncharted Golden Abyss for free and now Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. But if your ping is bad then you won't be able to enjoy online play due to lag just like any other gaming console or PC.

  4. #4

    Default

    Please you two educate me about the subscription, how to pay it, and how is it different form xbox live then? And how is the ping in bd, i got mazeda connection that i connected to a router.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Online play is free on PSN. but if you get 1 year subscription of PSN+($50), you would get free games. like I got Uncharted Golden Abyss for free and now Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. But if your ping is bad then you won't be able to enjoy online play due to lag just like any other gaming console or PC.
    How is the online in your experience? Is it worth buying the thing primarily for online and how is your ping and gameplay?

  5. #5
    Verified Retailer
    • MDK's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 4770K
      • RAM:
      • Team Xtreem 8GB x2 2400
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 120GB, WD Cavia Green 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire AMD Radeon 7970
      • Display:
      • ViewSonic VX2260WM
      • Controller:
      • MS Xbox Wired Controller, MS Xbox Wireless Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower ST 750W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Lite-on DVD-RW, Pioneer BD-RW
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit with Media Center
      • Console:
      • 158
    MDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    Please you two educate me about the subscription, how to pay it, and how is it different form xbox live then? And how is the ping in bd, i got mazeda connection that i connected to a router.

    - - - Updated - - -



    How is the online in your experience? Is it worth buying the thing primarily for online and how is your ping and gameplay?
    Its no different from Xbox Live, but for Xbox Live you have to have paid gold subscription to play any game online. Where in PSN you can play any game online with standard free PSN account. You can get the paid PSN+ account if you plan on buying games cheap which is similar to Steam and also get free games once in a while.

    I've Played Killzone 2 and 3, resistance 3, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade edition, Ninja Gaiden 3 and others with BTCL connection. All FPS games have slight lag due to ping. But the in case of VS games like street figher or in case of Ninja Gaiden 3 gameplay was smooth when i Played with Singapore Players.

    I don't think anyone should buy a PS Vita just to play online as my online gameplay experience in most of the games were not good except for the 2 games mentioned. But that is the case with BTCL. I don't have any idea of ping time for mazeda connection.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Its no different from Xbox Live, but for Xbox Live you have to have paid gold subscription to play any game online. Where in PSN you can play any game online with standard free PSN account. You can get the paid PSN+ account if you plan on buying games cheap which is similar to Steam and also get free games once in a while.

    I've Played Killzone 2 and 3, resistance 3, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade edition, Ninja Gaiden 3 and others with BTCL connection. All FPS games have slight lag due to ping. But the in case of VS games like street figher or in case of Ninja Gaiden 3 gameplay was smooth when i Played with Singapore Players.

    I don't think anyone should buy a PS Vita just to play online as my online gameplay experience in most of the games were not good except for the 2 games mentioned. But that is the case with BTCL. I don't have any idea of ping time for mazeda connection.
    Is there any PS card or something like that for paying? And a totally different question, how is the graphics, how does it feels to play, how does it looks when you connect it with a tv/monitor?

  7. #7
    Verified Retailer
    • MDK's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 4770K
      • RAM:
      • Team Xtreem 8GB x2 2400
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 120GB, WD Cavia Green 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire AMD Radeon 7970
      • Display:
      • ViewSonic VX2260WM
      • Controller:
      • MS Xbox Wired Controller, MS Xbox Wireless Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower ST 750W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Lite-on DVD-RW, Pioneer BD-RW
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit with Media Center
      • Console:
      • 158
    MDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscle View Post
    Is there any PS card or something like that for paying? And a totally different question, how is the graphics, how does it feels to play, how does it looks when you connect it with a tv/monitor?
    PSN now supports PayPal. Other two methods are PSN Card and credit card. Graphics looks great for first party games like uncharted, but not so great on some third party games such as mortal kombat. You can not connect vita to tv/monitor.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    PSN now supports PayPal. Other two methods are PSN Card and credit card. Graphics looks great for first party games like uncharted, but not so great on some third party games such as mortal kombat. You can not connect vita to tv/monitor.
    Ok that answers all my questions. Gave you a rep there.

Similar Threads

  1. PS Vita Hack
    By arefinzz in forum PSP/PS Vita
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 18th, 2013, 13:15
  2. Few facts to know about Vita
    By Trave160 in forum PSP/PS Vita
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: April 14th, 2012, 23:02
  3. Got my Vita! :D
    By aayman in forum PSP/PS Vita
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: March 27th, 2012, 23:25
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 19th, 2010, 21:43
  5. Ps3 online gameplay?
    By muscle in forum PlayStation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 11th, 2010, 23:53

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.21155 seconds with 14 queries.