• None
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10, 7(64 bit)
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • CPU - 7.6, Ram - 7.7, GPU 7.9, HDD - 5.9
      • ISP:
      • Banglalion

Default Essential vision tips for computer user

Does looking at a computer screen damage your eyes?

Brisbane optometry professor Nathan Efron does not consider computer screens "harmful" to our eyes.

But he admits if you use one a lot, you increase your risk of becoming slightly more short-sighted – where your eyes focus well only on close objects while more distant objects appear blurred. This is especially the case for children and young adults, whose eyes are still developing.

Staring at a computer for long time can strain your vision. Computer vision syndrome (CVS) is a condition that occurs to some from frequent computer use. Studies suggest that nearly 90% of people that use a computer at least three hours a day suffer from some type of visual problem or complaint. It can cause:

Eyestrain
    Blurry vision
    Difficulty focusing at a distance
    Dry eyes
    Headaches
    Neck, back, and shoulder pain
    short-sightedness

Protect your eye health by taking the following steps:

• Position your computer so that your eyes are level with the top of the monitor. This allows you to look slightly down at the screen.

• Try to avoid glare on your computer from windows and lights. Use an anti-glare screen if needed.

• Choose a comfortable, supportive chair. Position it so that your feet are flat on the floor.

• Remember to blink often, which can help prevent dry eyes.

• Rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. Every two hours, get up and take a 15-minute break.

(In detail) :

Cut the glare. Change the lighting around you to reduce glare on the computer screen. If a nearby window is casting glare on your screen, move the monitor and close the shades until the glare disappears. Ask your employer to install a dimmer switch for the overhead lights if they're too bright, or buy a desk lamp with a moveable shade that distributes light evenly over your desk. Putting a glare filter over the screen monitor also can help protect your eyes.

Rearrange your desk. Researchers find that the optimal position for your computer monitor is slightly below eye level, about 20 to 28 inches away from the face. At that position, you shouldn't have to stretch your neck or strain your eyes to see what's on the screen. Put a stand next to your computer monitor and place any printed materials you're working from on it. Then, you won't have to look up at the screen and back down at the desk while you type.

Tweak your computer settings. You don't have to live with the factory-installed settings on your computer if you're uncomfortable. Adjust the brightness, contrast, and font size until you find the best settings for your vision.

Make sure your glasses or contact lens prescription is up to date and adequate for computer use. If eyes are getting overly dry, try using lubricating eyedrops.
    Occupational glasses may be needed for some people with the CVS syndrome. A single or bifocal lens, or tinted lens material, may help increase contrast perception and filter out glare and reflective light to reduce symptoms of eye strain.

Source : http://www.webmd.com/6 tips for eye health
    Last edited by babu.; December 12th, 2012 at 15:17.

• Ahnaf_i7X's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K cooled by TT Frio Extreme
      • RAM:
      • Corsair XMS 3 (4GBx2=8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba (1TB)7500rpm, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ OC Edition 8GB
      • Display:
      • Viewsonic 22" 1080p (1920x1080)
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek Integrated Sound
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • A4Tech Headphones
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech ComfortKey
      • Mouse:
      • Thermaltake eSports Talon Blu Gaming Mouse
      • Controller:
      • Generic Gamepad Plug n Play
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W 80+ Bronze
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 22x DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • PS4 DualShock 4 Controller
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Comment:
      • I love my PC and my PC electrocutes me.
      • ISP:
      • I dont have one
      • Download Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Upload Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    Does looking at a computer screen damage your eyes?

Brisbane optometry professor Nathan Efron does not consider computer screens "harmful" to our eyes.

But he admits if you use one a lot, you increase your risk of becoming slightly more short-sighted – where your eyes focus well only on close objects while more distant objects appear blurred. This is especially the case for children and young adults, whose eyes are still developing.

Staring at a computer for long time can strain your vision. Computer vision syndrome (CVS) is a condition that occurs to some from frequent computer use. Studies suggest that nearly 90% of people that use a computer at least three hours a day suffer from some type of visual problem or complaint. It can cause:

Eyestrain
    Blurry vision
    Difficulty focusing at a distance
    Dry eyes
    Headaches
    Neck, back, and shoulder pain
    short-sightedness

Protect your eye health by taking the following steps:

• Position your computer so that your eyes are level with the top of the monitor. This allows you to look slightly down at the screen.

• Try to avoid glare on your computer from windows and lights. Use an anti-glare screen if needed.

• Choose a comfortable, supportive chair. Position it so that your feet are flat on the floor.

• Remember to blink often, which can help prevent dry eyes.

• Rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes. Every two hours, get up and take a 15-minute break.

(In detail) :

Cut the glare. Change the lighting around you to reduce glare on the computer screen. If a nearby window is casting glare on your screen, move the monitor and close the shades until the glare disappears. Ask your employer to install a dimmer switch for the overhead lights if they're too bright, or buy a desk lamp with a moveable shade that distributes light evenly over your desk. Putting a glare filter over the screen monitor also can help protect your eyes.

Rearrange your desk. Researchers find that the optimal position for your computer monitor is slightly below eye level, about 20 to 28 inches away from the face. At that position, you shouldn't have to stretch your neck or strain your eyes to see what's on the screen. Put a stand next to your computer monitor and place any printed materials you're working from on it. Then, you won't have to look up at the screen and back down at the desk while you type.

Tweak your computer settings. You don't have to live with the factory-installed settings on your computer if you're uncomfortable. Adjust the brightness, contrast, and font size until you find the best settings for your vision.

Make sure your glasses or contact lens prescription is up to date and adequate for computer use. If eyes are getting overly dry, try using lubricating eyedrops.
    Occupational glasses may be needed for some people with the CVS syndrome. A single or bifocal lens, or tinted lens material, may help increase contrast perception and filter out glare and reflective light to reduce symptoms of eye strain.

Source : http://www.webmd.com/6 tips for eye health
    This would help http://stereopsis.com/flux/
    Loved by few,
    Hated by many
    But respected by all!!