• Gigabyte Pulse 650W 80+ Bronze
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 22x DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • PS4 DualShock 4 Controller
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Comment:
      • I love my PC and my PC electrocutes me.
      • ISP:
      • I dont have one
      • Download Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Upload Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Console:

Default It might help you :)

How to get good deals on electronics.

The best time to negotiate is end of the month.
    I don't mean like two weeks before. I mean like the 30th or 31st. Sales managers are usually willing to take a lower amount because they have to "get stuff out the door" to make their bonus. I'd also say for end of the pay period, but you never know when that is.

If it's an entry-level TV (say a 720p or a manufacturer's low-end 1080p) or a TV below 42", don't expect much of a discount. These items usually have the least markup percentage-wise. If, however, you're going high-end, you'll find people more willing to work with you.

Don't negotiate only on price. Most managers don't want to just give away money, but if you're buying a TV and a home theater system, there may be some leeway when it comes to any accessories you need. Maybe throw in the HDMI cable, or free delivery or setup.

A local or regional store is more likely to be movable than a big-box like Best Buy or Sears. Although, recently, Best Buy has been haggling more and Circuit City is DESPERATE, so who knows.

Buy from a commissioned sales person. We are professionals. We know our stuff. We want to make a deal with you. We want your business. We are there after the sale. You think that part-timer that makes $9.00 an hour cares if you're happy with your purchase? I sure care. If you're not happy and return the TV, I don't get paid. If your delivery gets screwed up, it comes partly out of my pocket. Most of the commissioned sales people I've met over the years know this. Some don't, treat their customers like crap, and don't last long because they have a 30% return rate (yes, we do track that). We've always said at work that the reason Circuit City, CompUSA, and Sears went downhill was because they got rid of their commissioned sales staff (or seriously hindered their earning potential).

Mention that you've been other places. We're suckers for market share and taking you out of the market, so if we can get your business over the other guy, chances are, we'll do it.

Don't go too far. We have our limits of what we're willing to do. If you're mean, pushy, bossy, or set ultimatums, you most likely won't get what you want. We have pride too.

Some brands will get you a better deal than others. LG may have a deal with Joe's Electronics, Samsung may have given ABC Video a volume discount. If you find a salesman pushing a brand that's questionable for odd reasons (Best Buy's notorious for this), chances are that's the brand they have the best margin with.

If you do negotiate with us, be discreet. It's because of people that don't negotiate that we can with you. If the guy next to us hears you, he'll want a better deal. That'll make that salesman hate me, which means I in turn won't like you as much.

Don't expect too much right now. Video margins are the lowest I've seen in the five years I've been in the industry. There really aren't any "crazy" deals like there were last holiday season. Sure, you'll find a 50" plasma for $899, but you can get that most of the time. Now, if you want to buy audio with your TV (which you probably will once you hear the craptacular sound those 10 watt speakers on your new $2000 TV produce), then you can snatch a bargain. You can usually haggle down to 30-45% off hang tag.

Hope it helps u (Give rep if you like it.)
    Last edited by Ahnaf_i7X; November 13th, 2012 at 18:27.

• TheNutKicker's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intergated
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T6500
      • RAM:
      • 4GB DDR2
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB 5400 RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 1GB
      • Display:
      • 1600x900
      • Mouse:
      • Keypad
      • USB Devices:
      • 4GB Flash Drive,1GB Flash Drive
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Vista 64 Bit
      • Comment:
      • A Medium End Laptop,Nuff said
      • ISP:
      • Banglalion
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:
      • Console:

Ah forgot there's Best Buy and Target City in Bangladesh, maybe i should buy something from them one day.