Just got back to BD for a short vacation. I am planning to setup wifi router at my home. The problem is from my ISP end they told me, they will not provide support to setup wifi device. I ve to setup the router on my own. I m kinda noob about this kinda things. My query about the issues are:
- My isp is nt providing me real IP. I am connected via a fake IP although its fixed. (eg 172.16.50.40), Is it possible to configure such IP in router.
- I remember trying to setup a router on my own long ago, I used the cd came with the router to put the IP although I was unable to find any option to put DNS address. Later I got help from a friend. (I had real IP on that moment)
- From my ISP I was told that, If i setup a wifi router I wont be able to connect more than 1 device at a time. Is it true? My ISP didnt bind my mac address.
- Is it possible for my ISP to track whether I m using router or not?
- If I connect one of my device using CAT 6 cable and rest using wifi, do I ve to put IP on the cable connected device or it will get a IP automatically from router?
- Any specific router you guys wanna prefer to buy? (I dont want to spend much for this, as I ll b leaving soon)