User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: iPhone 5 vs Nokia Lumia 920: spec comparison (itproportal.com)

  1. #1
    Member
    • salmanshah's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K - Cooled by Corsair V8 GTS
      • RAM:
      • G.SKILL Trident X Series 2400MHz 16GB (2 x 8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2TB + 3TB HDD)
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
      • Display:
      • Sony KDL-32W654 & ASUS MS228H 22
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek ALC1150
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD555
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake MEKA G-Unit
      • Mouse:
      • Steelseries Sensei
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair TX650w V2
      • Optical Drive:
      • LITEON DVDRW
      • UPS:
      • Power Saver 1200va
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 PRO Genuine
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Winrar bench - 11085 KB/s @ OC CPU
      • Comment:
      • Casing: NZXT Phantom 001W
      • ISP:
      • Radiant
      • Download Speed:
      • 10-20 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 10-20 Mbps
    salmanshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lalbagh
    Posts
    2,363

    Default iPhone 5 vs Nokia Lumia 920: spec comparison (itproportal.com)

    This post is dedicated to Iphone fans.




    Yesterday (14th september), Apple finally launched its latest smartphone, and we were up until the wee hours of this morning ironing out the creases on a brace of key initial spec comparisons, pitting the iPhone 5 against the Samsung Galaxy S3, as well as matching it up to its predecessor, the iPhone 4S. After some well earned beauty sleep, we're now round to potentially the most interesting evaluation yet: the iPhone 5 versus Nokia's forthcoming Lumia 920. So how do the two smartphones compare? And, more importantly, which one do you want stuffing your stocking this holiday season?

    Size and weight
    The old adage about not educating canines too late into life holds true with Nokia's latest flagship smartphone, with the Lumia 920's many positive features at risk of being overshadowed by the fact that the handset is another characteristic brick effort from the Finnish firm. At 185 grams, it is substantially heavier than all major rivals and arguably too weighty for a high-end mobile circa 2012. We are less concerned about its thickness (10.7mm) though it is technically chunkier than rivals.
    At the opposite end of the scale (literally) the Apple iPhone 5 is one of the lightest full-feature smartphones on the market at just 112 grams, a massive 73 grams less. In this market a difference of 20-30 grams is very noticeable in the hand, and the Nokia is more than double that heavier.The iPhone 5 may not be the "world's thinnest smartphone" as the US company claimed last night, it's thin enough at 7.6mm to feel pretty sexy in your palm. Purely in terms of physical dimensions, the iPhone 5 is a superior product.

    Display
    The iPhone 5's expanded 4in display should improve its multimedia performance, but it's still relatively small-fry compared to the Lumia 920, which features a Galaxy S3-esq 4.5in screen. Nokia makes the most of the fact that the 920 features one of the largest displays on the non-hybrid mobile market, boasting a better pixel density and resolution than Apple's latest handset. If you don't mind rocking a mobile that's fairly chunky for its day, the Lumia 920's display is marginally superior.

    Storage and memory

    The Nokia Lumia 920 is a straight forward proposition, coming in a standard issue 32GB model, while the iPhone 5 is available in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models. With the latter model, Apple offers a higher capacity of internal storage than the 920, making it a more appropriate buy for those concerned with have an excess of space for data, though the higher-end capacity will surely come at an enthusiastic price. The iPhone 5's RAM hasn't been confirmed as yet, but it's likely to be similar to the 1GB offered by Nokia's device.

    Processor
    Little is known about Apple's new A6 SoC apart from the fact that it's assumed to be an improvement on the processors featured in previous iPhone handsets, while the Lumia 920 offers an increasingly standard issue dual-core Snapdragon engine. Clocking in at 1.5GHz, it's serviceable if not spectacular, but you can't choose between the two until more is revealed about what's actually sitting in the iPhone 5's cockpit. In purely speculative terms, it's likely to be a similar dual-core proposition, making their little to choose between the two mobiles in this department.


    Software
    Windows Phone 8 is the wild card of the industry at the moment, and hopes are high for Microsoft's latest mobile OS - both amongst the firm's own fanbase and amongst Apple-sceptics who aren't totally sold on the leaky Android platform. That said, there probably won't be much to dislike about iOS 6, as Apple's interfaces are typically a major selling point. Expect smooth operation on the iPhone 5 and a good selection of apps, though it's impossible to pronounce on the better product software-wise until WP8 is actually among us.

    Camera

    Apple has bolstered its camera arsenal with the iPhone 5, though few manufacturers can compete with Nokia's high-end, PureView offerings these days. Where the new iPhone features a more than serviceable 8MP primary camera with an impressive f/2.4 aperture speed, the Lumia 920 simply looks to be the best phone on the market for photography enthusiasts when it arrives, boasting an 8.7MP camera and a f/2.0 aperture to complement optical stabilisation. A similar pattern holds true for the front-facing cameras: Apple's 720p secondary snapper is good, but Nokia's 1.3MP offering is superior. Again, if you don't mind the new Lumia's size, the 920 is obviously the way to go from an imaging standpoint.

    Battery

    Another win for the Lumia 920, though nearly all high-end smartphones on the market today best Apple in this respect - an uncomfortable truth even the company's most ardent fanboys will admit. The iPhone 5 was announced as featuring the same claimed 3G talk time as the 4S, while Nokia's device sports an inevitably superior 2000 mAh battery with a purported 10 hours talk time on 3G. As ever, if longevity is your principle concern, look everywhere but the iPhone.


    Connectivity

    Both devices are set to be among the first generation of handsets to run on the UK's new 4G LTE spectrum. The Lumia 920 looks superior from a connectivity standpoint thereafter, featuring NFC for contactless payment and supporting wireless charging for that extra cool factor.
    The iPhone 5 features the more advanced Bluetooth 4.0, but we imagine very few people consider this a make-or-break feature these days.

    Price

    Pricing of the Lumia 920 hasn't been confirmed, and it won't be available until much later in the autumn. Apple has announced that SIM-free pricing for the iPhone 5 will start at £529, presumably for the 16GB model. Tack on a speculative £100 for the 32GB model to put its internal storage on a par with the Lumia 920 and you're looking at over £600 - a price we would imagine to be considerably keener than the tag that ends up anointing Nokia's latest product.
    From a purely monetary perspective, the Lumia 920 looks to be better value, especially considering its specs are superior to the iPhone 5's in many key departments - and that's before you take into account coughing up for Lightning charger adapters and the like. If you're offended by the additional weight of the Nokia handset, you're advised to pay the extra dosh to get Apple's slimline iPhone. But for those willing to make this slight compromise - and experiment with Windows Phone 8 - the Nokia Lumia 920 looks like a better buy.


    iPhone 5 Nokia Lumia 920
    Display
    Screen size 4in 4.5in
    Resolution 1136 x 640 pixels 1280 x 768 pixels
    Pixel density 326 PPI 332 PPI
    Type IPS LCD IPS LCD
    Processor and battery
    Family Apple A6 Snapdragon
    Cores TBC Dual-core
    Clock speed TBC 1.5GHz
    Battery TBC 2000 mAh
    Claimed 3G talk time 8h 10h
    Storage and memory
    RAM TBC 1GB
    Internal storage 16 / 32 / 64GB 32GB
    microSD No No
    Camera
    Megapixels 8MP 8.7MP
    Resolution 3264 x 2448 pixels 3264 x 2448 pixels
    Flash Dual LED Dual LED
    Aperture f/2.4 f/2.0
    Stabilisation TBC Optical
    Video 1080p 1080p
    Front-facing camera 720p 1.3MP
    Wireless
    Network 4G LTE 4G LTE
    Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 802.11 a/b/g/n
    NFC No Yes
    Bluetooth 4.0 3.1
    Charging No Yes
    Dimensions
    Size 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6mm 130.3 x 70.8 x 10.7mm
    Weight 112g 185g
    Operating System iOS 6 Windows Phone 8
    Price “From £529” TBC
    UK Availability 21 September (pre-order from 14 September) Coming soon


    Read more: http://www.itproportal.com/2012/09/1...#ixzz27lDGe3Pe
    Last edited by salmanshah; September 28th, 2012 at 18:03.

  2. #2
    Member
    • Ahnaf_i7X's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K cooled by TT Frio Extreme
      • RAM:
      • Corsair XMS 3 (4GBx2=8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba (1TB)7500rpm, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ OC Edition 8GB
      • Display:
      • Viewsonic 22" 1080p (1920x1080)
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek Integrated Sound
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • A4Tech Headphones
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech ComfortKey
      • Mouse:
      • Thermaltake eSports Talon Blu Gaming Mouse
      • Controller:
      • Generic Gamepad Plug n Play
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W 80+ Bronze
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 22x DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • PS4 DualShock 4 Controller
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Comment:
      • I love my PC and my PC electrocutes me.
      • ISP:
      • I dont have one
      • Download Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Upload Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Console:
      • 16
    Ahnaf_i7X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Watching your back.
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Great post man! +1

  3. #3
    Member
    • salmanshah's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K - Cooled by Corsair V8 GTS
      • RAM:
      • G.SKILL Trident X Series 2400MHz 16GB (2 x 8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2TB + 3TB HDD)
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
      • Display:
      • Sony KDL-32W654 & ASUS MS228H 22
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek ALC1150
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD555
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake MEKA G-Unit
      • Mouse:
      • Steelseries Sensei
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair TX650w V2
      • Optical Drive:
      • LITEON DVDRW
      • UPS:
      • Power Saver 1200va
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 PRO Genuine
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Winrar bench - 11085 KB/s @ OC CPU
      • Comment:
      • Casing: NZXT Phantom 001W
      • ISP:
      • Radiant
      • Download Speed:
      • 10-20 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 10-20 Mbps
    salmanshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lalbagh
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    In every aspect Lumia 920 wins. Who can disagree?

    - - - Updated - - -

    The only thing Iphone fans will talk about is their Apple Store which was launched in July 10, 2008. Where as Windows Phone Marketplace was launched in OCT 2010.
    So obviously Apple store will have more apps than WPM.

    Only stupid brainless people will compare this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I bet sometimes later you Iphone fans will regret and shift to Android and WP.

  4. #4
    Member
    • maheer.dhruba's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H81 S2PV rev 2.0
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4460 @3.2Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Avexir (2x4)Gb 1333Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire R9 290 4GB OC edition 2GB
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX229H 21.5 inch 1080p
      • Sound Card:
      • Built-in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative 5.1 channel
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Knucker
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech bloody v3
      • Controller:
      • Logitech f310
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master V550 Gold @Thermaltake Spacecraft
      • Optical Drive:
      • samsung DVD writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Corsair 32GB usb 3.0
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • I'm Loving it!!! :)
      • ISP:
      • X-link 1Mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • 128 KBps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 128 KBps
    maheer.dhruba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Narayanganj, Bangladesh
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    only two wishes....
    1) if the 920 had Android....
    2)Iphone 5 had NFC....


  5. #5
    Forum Staff
    • dipanzan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z87 HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Dominator 16GB 1600
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Western Digital 1TB Blue, My Passport 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • HIS HD5850
      • Display:
      • Dell P2212H
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar DGx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD598
      • Keyboard:
      • Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Ninja Reds
      • Mouse:
      • Mionix Avior 7000, Steelseries XAI
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair HX650 v2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 :: Linksys WRT54GL w/ DD-WRT
      • Download Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
    dipanzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kalabagan, Dhaka
    Posts
    7,026

    Default

    So much butt-hurt in this thread, you guys take a break and use whatever phones you have and be happy.

  6. #6
    Member
    • @bhi's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k
      • RAM:
      • Samsung 30nm 2x4GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD10EZEX 1 TB + Seagate 120GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte HD7950 3GB WF3
      • Display:
      • Samsung 20" LED BX-2035
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative SoundBlaster Z
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab Solo 7C
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K-120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech mx518
      • Controller:
      • XBOX 360 wireless controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic X-650 km3 80+ Gold
      • UPS:
      • Luminous Solo 1200 VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 512kbps
      • Download Speed:
      • ~60
      • Upload Speed:
      • ~55
    @bhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    On My Chair
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    oohhho another thread , ok any phone having the TIZEN 2.0 OS is the best phone now be happy

  7. #7
    Member
    • faisal.amir.bd's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT IP35 Dark Raider
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo [email protected]
      • RAM:
      • 2GB Transcend AxeRam DDR-2 800+ @816MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 820GB (320GB Hitachi, 500GB Samsung)
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte Radeon HD5770 1GB DDR5 (Batmobile Cooler)
      • Display:
      • ASUS MS228H 1080p LED backlit
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 5200 (5.1)
      • Controller:
      • XBOX 360 wired gamepad
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake TR2 600W
      • UPS:
      • Rahim Afrooz 1000VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7x86
      • ISP:
      • Link 3
      • Download Speed:
      • 180kBps [1.5Mbps]
      • Upload Speed:
      • 180kBps [1.5Mbps]
      • Console:
      • 2
    faisal.amir.bd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    In every aspect Lumia 920 wins. Who can disagree?
    I will disagree. Wholescale inaccurate statements like these are the very reason that I'm taking exception to your claims. Even the article that you posted to support your claims is full of inaccuracies, as the authors of the article have not received either of the devices that it claims to compare. It was written on September 15th, well before iPhone 5 was being shipped to customers.

    Anyways, since you claim that the Lumia 920 wins in every aspect, let's compare them, shall we?

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    Size and weight
    The old adage about not educating canines too late into life holds true with Nokia's latest flagship smartphone, with the Lumia 920's many positive features at risk of being overshadowed by the fact that the handset is another characteristic brick effort from the Finnish firm. At 185 grams, it is substantially heavier than all major rivals and arguably too weighty for a high-end mobile circa 2012. We are less concerned about its thickness (10.7mm) though it is technically chunkier than rivals.
    At the opposite end of the scale (literally) the Apple iPhone 5 is one of the lightest full-feature smartphones on the market at just 112 grams, a massive 73 grams less. In this market a difference of 20-30 grams is very noticeable in the hand, and the Nokia is more than double that heavier.The iPhone 5 may not be the "world's thinnest smartphone" as the US company claimed last night, it's thin enough at 7.6mm to feel pretty sexy in your palm. Purely in terms of physical dimensions, the iPhone 5 is a superior product.
    I'll let the bolded lines speak for themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    Display
    The iPhone 5's expanded 4in display should improve its multimedia performance, but it's still relatively small-fry compared to the Lumia 920, which features a Galaxy S3-esq 4.5in screen. Nokia makes the most of the fact that the 920 features one of the largest displays on the non-hybrid mobile market, boasting a better pixel density and resolution than Apple's latest handset. If you don't mind rocking a mobile that's fairly chunky for its day, the Lumia 920's display is marginally superior.
    With the iPhone 5 Apple made a conscious decision to the keep the screen size suitable for one-handed operation. In addition, keeping one of the aspects unchanged at 640 means that even older, unsupported apps (640X960) will not look blurry or distorted. And by doing so, Apple paved the way for app developers to get adjusted to a new 16:9 aspect ratio.

    But if you think for screens, bigger=better. Go ahead, chalk up a win for the 920

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    Storage and memory
    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    The Nokia Lumia 920 is a straight forward proposition, coming in a standard issue 32GB model, while the iPhone 5 is available in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB models. With the latter model, Apple offers a higher capacity of internal storage than the 920, making it a more appropriate buy for those concerned with have an excess of space for data, though the higher-end capacity will surely come at an enthusiastic price. The iPhone 5's RAM hasn't been confirmed as yet, but it's likely to be similar to the 1GB offered by Nokia's device.


    iPhone 5 contains a variety of storage options, with the highest capacity being larger than that of the Lumia 920.

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    Processor
    Little is known about Apple's new A6 SoC apart from the fact that it's assumed to be an improvement on the processors featured in previous iPhone handsets, while the Lumia 920 offers an increasingly standard issue dual-core Snapdragon engine. Clocking in at 1.5GHz, it's serviceable if not spectacular, but you can't choose between the two until more is revealed about what's actually sitting in the iPhone 5's cockpit. In purely speculative terms, it's likely to be a similar dual-core proposition, making their little to choose between the two mobiles in this department.


    This is the weakest part of your argument. The article claims that it knows nothing about the A6. Now that people have actually got their hands on the A6 SOC, they are beginning to see what a beast it is. And the newer graphics chip even rivals that of the iPad 3.

    For an actual benchmark with a street-level device, ​check out this article on Anandtech

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/t...rmance-preview

    And while the Lumia 920 is not available for benchmarks, we do know that it has a Snapdragon S4 paired with an Adreno 225, so that puts its performance to levels similar to that of HTC One X (Snapdragon variant). Look how far down the list it is. When it does come out, the Lumia 920 will NOT be able to compete with the iPhone 5 in terms of performance.

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post

    Software
    Windows Phone 8 is the wild card of the industry at the moment, and hopes are high for Microsoft's latest mobile OS - both amongst the firm's own fanbase and amongst Apple-sceptics who aren't totally sold on the leaky Android platform. That said, there probably won't be much to dislike about iOS 6, as Apple's interfaces are typically a major selling point. Expect smooth operation on the iPhone 5 and a good selection of apps, though it's impossible to pronounce on the better product software-wise until WP8 is actually among us.


    WP8 is an unknown quantity. Sure it's bold and new, but noone knows what the finalized version will be like, and Microsoft is keeping the internals tightly under wraps. iOS6 may be boring, but it's still a highly polished ecosystem. Do I wish it had some more pizzazz? Yes. But to claim that it's worse than WP8 when there is no knowledge of what it would really be like is fallacious reasoning, at best.[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post

    Camera

    Apple has bolstered its camera arsenal with the iPhone 5, though few manufacturers can compete with Nokia's high-end, PureView offerings these days. Where the new iPhone features a more than serviceable 8MP primary camera with an impressive f/2.4 aperture speed, the Lumia 920 simply looks to be the best phone on the market for photography enthusiasts when it arrives, boasting an 8.7MP camera and a f/2.0 aperture to complement optical stabilisation. A similar pattern holds true for the front-facing cameras: Apple's 720p secondary snapper is good, but Nokia's 1.3MP offering is superior. Again, if you don't mind the new Lumia's size, the 920 is obviously the way to go from an imaging standpoint.


    A very valid argument, and a win Lumia 920 truly deserves. The Lumia 920 camera is truly a splendid piece of technology, and while true OIS performance has not been revealed, the low-light performance is stellar. iPhone 5 has a good camera, but it's not in the same league.

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post

    Battery

    Another win for the Lumia 920, though nearly all high-end smartphones on the market today best Apple in this respect - an uncomfortable truth even the company's most ardent fanboys will admit. The iPhone 5 was announced as featuring the same claimed 3G talk time as the 4S, while Nokia's device sports an inevitably superior 2000 mAh battery with a purported 10 hours talk time on 3G. As ever, if longevity is your principle concern, look everywhere but the iPhone.


    No Lumia 920 around to compare, so not a valid comparison, the Lumia talk time is one that is only claimed by the company, and not backed up by any concrete results.

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    Connectivity
    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    Both devices are set to be among the first generation of handsets to run on the UK's new 4G LTE spectrum. The Lumia 920 looks superior from a connectivity standpoint thereafter, featuring NFC for contactless payment and supporting wireless charging for that extra cool factor.
    The iPhone 5 features the more advanced Bluetooth 4.0, but we imagine very few people consider this a make-or-break feature these days.


    Awesome! The Lumia 920 has NFC! So what would you use it for? NFC speakers? Wireless payment? NFC is useless in this country, and so is LTE.

    And wireless charging is nothing but a gimmick. Can you charge and talk at the same time? No! And it's not like you can put the charger anywhere you like. Notice the wire in the charger? It still has to be near a power source. So what's the use?

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post

    Price

    Pricing of the Lumia 920 hasn't been confirmed, and it won't be available until much later in the autumn. Apple has announced that SIM-free pricing for the iPhone 5 will start at £529, presumably for the 16GB model. Tack on a speculative £100 for the 32GB model to put its internal storage on a par with the Lumia 920 and you're looking at over £600 - a price we would imagine to be considerably keener than the tag that ends up anointing Nokia's latest product.
    From a purely monetary perspective, the Lumia 920 looks to be better value, especially considering its specs are superior to the iPhone 5's in many key departments - and that's before you take into account coughing up for Lightning charger adapters and the like. If you're offended by the additional weight of the Nokia handset, you're advised to pay the extra dosh to get Apple's slimline iPhone. But for those willing to make this slight compromise - and experiment with Windows Phone 8 - the Nokia Lumia 920 looks like a better buy.


    The iPhone 5 should be more pricier than the Lumia 920, and with good reason. iOS 6 offers seemless integration among your iPad, iPhone and OSX. People are paying for entry into the Apple ecosystem as well as access to the App store.

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    The only thing Iphone fans will talk about is their Apple Store which was launched in July 10, 2008. Where as Windows Phone Marketplace was launched in OCT 2010.
    So obviously Apple store will have more apps than WPM.
    So how does that favor your argument? You yourself are admitting that the WP marketplace has fewer apps than the competition; and that is one of the single biggest draws of a smartphone. Powerful hardware is useless unless you can actually use it for something.

    Next time you try to make an argument, use a more credible and relevant source, and avoid wholescale claims.

  8. #8
    Member
    • OoAIDoO's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Kingston HyperX 2 x 2 GB 1600 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Corsair F60 + Samsung 1TB + 1.5TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte HD 5670 GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Fujitsu 24 inch TFT LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH440 Professional Studio Headphone
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G110
      • Mouse:
      • A4 Tech X7 XL-747H
      • Controller:
      • PS3 DS3 Controller :P
      • Power Supply:
      • XFX Core Edition PRO550W
      • Optical Drive:
      • ASUS DVD-ROM
      • USB Devices:
      • iPod Touch 4G + StoreJet 25D3 USB3 500GB
      • UPS:
      • Micro 1000VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
      • ISP:
      • IS Pros
      • Download Speed:
      • 256 kbps or 32 KB
      • Upload Speed:
      • 256 kbps or 32 KB
      • Console:
      • 16
    OoAIDoO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Azimpur Dhaka
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    The only thing Iphone fans will talk about is their Apple Store which was launched in July 10, 2008. Where as Windows Phone Marketplace was launched in OCT 2010.
    So obviously Apple store will have more apps than WPM.

    Only stupid brainless people will compare this.
    salmanshah

    jaw mokles date gula dhuya pani khaau, stupid brainless.
    date amar jonne important na; je amake valo app support dibe ami tar sathe e thakbo.

  9. #9
    Member
    • terrygr8_007's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASrock z77 extreme4
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i5 3550 cooled by CM hyper 212 EVO
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 2x4GB 1600BUS
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda st 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD7850 OC edition
      • Sound Card:
      • built-in
      • Power Supply:
      • CM GX650
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    519

    Default

    ^^ hilarious

  10. #10
    Forum Staff
    • aayman's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Gaming Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 1700 @3.7GHz (H100i v2)
      • RAM:
      • 2x8GB Trident Z 3600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 960 EVO 250GB + SanDisk SSDX 960GB + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 1070 FTW
      • Display:
      • ASUS PG279Q + Dell U2312HM
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Zx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser PC350SE + Phillips SPH9500
      • Keyboard:
      • CM QuickFire Stealth
      • Mouse:
      • FinalMouse Scream One | Logitech G403
      • Controller:
      • Steam Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 1703
      • ISP:
      • AmberIT
    aayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,791

    Default

    When you are accustomed to having an abundance of apps, why will you consider something that has no apps? Who is the brainless idiot in that case?

    NFC? Ami akhono so far akta dokaneo NFC support korte dekhlam na, kaoke NFC niye kotha bolte dekhlam na. Maybe after it is out of its alpha stages we can consider it a real feature, but right now it's only goal is to be just a 'feature' of a phone.

    It's embarassing that you linked to an article that was based on speculation. You didn't look at anything after the iPhone 5's release or else you would know that right now it is the king of performance. On the other hand it would be unfair to compare the 920 to the HTC One X because it's pretty clear that Win 8 will be more optimized than Android <--- this line right here is more of an argument than you made so far.

    Copy pasting speculative posts and hiding behind them will not prove anything. Why the hell will you ignore the appstore? Is that how you learned to make decisions? Like an Ostrich? Ignore that it's there therefore what you support is superior because there isn't anything that compares...brilliant stuff. Wins in every aspects, just conveniently ignore all the aspects it gets blown apart in.

    So you wanna bet iPhone users will regret and shift to W8 or Android (funny how you were only advocating for W8 all this time). I will take you up on that bet, how much money are you talking about? You might want to take that back, because believe me, if I switch it won't be because of any regrets, it'll be because I want to try something new.

  11. #11
    Member
    • salmanshah's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K - Cooled by Corsair V8 GTS
      • RAM:
      • G.SKILL Trident X Series 2400MHz 16GB (2 x 8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2TB + 3TB HDD)
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
      • Display:
      • Sony KDL-32W654 &amp; ASUS MS228H 22
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek ALC1150
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD555
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake MEKA G-Unit
      • Mouse:
      • Steelseries Sensei
      • Controller:
      • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair TX650w V2
      • Optical Drive:
      • LITEON DVDRW
      • UPS:
      • Power Saver 1200va
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 PRO Genuine
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Winrar bench - 11085 KB/s @ OC CPU
      • Comment:
      • Casing: NZXT Phantom 001W
      • ISP:
      • Radiant
      • Download Speed:
      • 10-20 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 10-20 Mbps
    salmanshah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lalbagh
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    ok, Let's wait for the release of lumia 920 and then we will be able to compare the real spec as this is based on the speculation.
    I still concur with you that Iphone 5 is also a good phone, but Lumia 920 seems to be better to me than Iphone 5 in most sectors, but still don't want to say anything right now until the release of lumia 920.

  12. #12
    Moderator
    • Mazhar's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • building
      • CPU:
      • the
      • RAM:
      • new
      • Hard Drive:
      • pc
      • Graphics Card:
      • in
      • Display:
      • a
      • Sound Card:
      • month
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD650/Shure SRH-840
      • Keyboard:
      • Sidewinder X4
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G300
      • Controller:
      • Xbox 360 Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX750
      • Optical Drive:
      • Sony 20X DVD-RW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • ISP:
      • Talktalk Fiber
      • Download Speed:
      • 3400
      • Upload Speed:
      • 240
    Mazhar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanshah View Post
    In every aspect Lumia 920 wins. Who can disagree?
    Specs only tell half of the story. The thing is, there are always going to be positives and negatives on all camps. SGS3, IP5, 920 etc will each have their strengths and weaknesses and depending on how highly the users prioritise their relative strengths/weaknesses will determine which phone is best for them. Your blanket statements are annoying people. There isnt a 'best' phone, nor do I see one in the foreseeable future. Hence I really suggest you stop that

  13. #13
    Member
    • maheer.dhruba's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H81 S2PV rev 2.0
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4460 @3.2Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Avexir (2x4)Gb 1333Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire R9 290 4GB OC edition 2GB
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX229H 21.5 inch 1080p
      • Sound Card:
      • Built-in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative 5.1 channel
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Knucker
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech bloody v3
      • Controller:
      • Logitech f310
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master V550 Gold @Thermaltake Spacecraft
      • Optical Drive:
      • samsung DVD writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Corsair 32GB usb 3.0
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • I'm Loving it!!! :)
      • ISP:
      • X-link 1Mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • 128 KBps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 128 KBps
    maheer.dhruba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Narayanganj, Bangladesh
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    well....the best phone for 2012 will be Nokia 3310...


  14. #14
    Member
    • [email protected]'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97x-UD3H-BK
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690k OC to 4.5Ghz
      • RAM:
      • G Skill 16 GB DDR3 2200MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD + 2 TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Geforce 970 4GB
      • Display:
      • Asus 21.5 inch IPS monitor
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Audioengine A2 plus Dayton 8 inch subwoofer
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500s
      • Controller:
      • Original Microsoft Xbox One wired controller
      • Power Supply:
      • EVGA G2 750W 80 plus Gold
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Tom@L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    6,495

    Default

    lumiar camera ta joss. Ai chara kono kichui temon joss na.

    NFC asholei kono kajer na. Aitar implementation ami amneo support kori na. Je kau amar smartphone niye card punch kore purchase korbe. Khubi risky bepar.

    iPhone ero ak gadha problem ache. Ashole jar kache jeta important sheta use kora uchit. Kau camera freak hoile obviously Lumia is better choice. Kau iOS app freak hole iPhone 5 is better choice. Amar kache maps and larger screen beshi important akhon so I chose S3. Jar kache jeta suitable oitai matter kore.

  15. #15
    Member
    • redprince's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • GiGABYTE INTEL G31M-ES2C
      • CPU:
      • Intel core 2 duo E7400 @ 2.80 ~OC 3.00
      • RAM:
      • 2 GB DDR2
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB western digital
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphare ATI RADEON HD 6570 DDR3 2GB
      • Display:
      • 19inch Samsung LCD(2ms response time)
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab A-300
      • Keyboard:
      • LEXMA
      • Mouse:
      • A4TECH Wireless mouse
      • Controller:
      • X-box 360
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte 460W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 x64 pro
      • Comment:
      • 5 Years old
      • ISP:
      • Metaphor digital media
      • Download Speed:
      • 2 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 3 mbps
    redprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    319

    Default

    IOS and Windows both have disadvantage , so I will stick with android .
    A Relation is like a ring,always holding ür finger.
    büt as ü get careless,it slips oüt of ür hand.
    So dont ever let ür relation ...slip oüt of ür life.


  16. #16
    Member
    • waliDJ's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-B75M D3H v1.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3450 3.1 GHz
      • RAM:
      • Twinmos 4GB 1600 MHz Piano Black
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 200GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster 933
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek HD audio
      • Keyboard:
      • Generic Lexma
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Deathadder, Logitech B100
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master GX550W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Samsung 160GB PATA HDD converted to usb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Comment:
      • Not another family pc, this one is completely mine :D
    waliDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    719

    Default

    yeah, Android FTW! Just take a look at s3's specs and then iPhone5s specs. ip5 was released later, but still gets butt****d by s3

  17. #17
    Member
    • OoAIDoO's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Kingston HyperX 2 x 2 GB 1600 MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Corsair F60 + Samsung 1TB + 1.5TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte HD 5670 GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Fujitsu 24 inch TFT LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH440 Professional Studio Headphone
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G110
      • Mouse:
      • A4 Tech X7 XL-747H
      • Controller:
      • PS3 DS3 Controller :P
      • Power Supply:
      • XFX Core Edition PRO550W
      • Optical Drive:
      • ASUS DVD-ROM
      • USB Devices:
      • iPod Touch 4G + StoreJet 25D3 USB3 500GB
      • UPS:
      • Micro 1000VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
      • ISP:
      • IS Pros
      • Download Speed:
      • 256 kbps or 32 KB
      • Upload Speed:
      • 256 kbps or 32 KB
      • Console:
      • 16
    OoAIDoO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Azimpur Dhaka
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    i simply dont get the stupidity of these people barking about the specs, sigh

    do we use the specs? no, we do not use ram/processor. we use applications.

    now if apple can better optimize an application with 1kb of ram and 1Hz of processor than samsung with 100GB of ram and 100GHz of processor, what is your problem?
    Last edited by OoAIDoO; October 19th, 2012 at 10:52.

  18. #18
    Member
    • [email protected]'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97x-UD3H-BK
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690k OC to 4.5Ghz
      • RAM:
      • G Skill 16 GB DDR3 2200MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD + 2 TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Geforce 970 4GB
      • Display:
      • Asus 21.5 inch IPS monitor
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Audioengine A2 plus Dayton 8 inch subwoofer
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500s
      • Controller:
      • Original Microsoft Xbox One wired controller
      • Power Supply:
      • EVGA G2 750W 80 plus Gold
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Tom@L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    6,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OoAIDoO View Post
    i simply dont get the stupidity of these people barking about the specs, sigh

    do we use the specs? no, we do not use ram/processor. we use applications.

    now if apple can better optimize an application with 1kb of ram and 1Hz of processor than samsung with 100GB of ram and 100GHz of processor, what is your problem?
    akhon r oi din nai. Apple just have leads in nano secs in same apps. And major apps are all polished in android. but yes gaming e iOS onek agai ache akhono.

  19. #19
    Member
    • waliDJ's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-B75M D3H v1.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3450 3.1 GHz
      • RAM:
      • Twinmos 4GB 1600 MHz Piano Black
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD 200GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster 933
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Realtek HD audio
      • Keyboard:
      • Generic Lexma
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Deathadder, Logitech B100
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master GX550W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Samsung 160GB PATA HDD converted to usb
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Comment:
      • Not another family pc, this one is completely mine :D
    waliDJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OoAIDoO View Post
    i simply dont get the stupidity of these people barking about the specs, sigh

    do we use the specs? no, we do not use ram/processor. we use applications.

    now if apple can better optimize an application with 1kb of ram and 1Hz of processor than samsung with 100GB of ram and 100GHz of processor, what is your problem?

    Hey mr., I am not barking here, u r barking like a stupid fanboy. LOOK at the specs, s3 has way more stanby time, talktime and better scrren than ip5. And dont say that BS about smoothness. After jelly bean upgrade s3 is as smooth as ios, if not more. And ofcourse, s3 costs lower than ip5

  20. #20
    Forum Staff
    • aayman's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Gaming Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 1700 @3.7GHz (H100i v2)
      • RAM:
      • 2x8GB Trident Z 3600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 960 EVO 250GB + SanDisk SSDX 960GB + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 1070 FTW
      • Display:
      • ASUS PG279Q + Dell U2312HM
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Zx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser PC350SE + Phillips SPH9500
      • Keyboard:
      • CM QuickFire Stealth
      • Mouse:
      • FinalMouse Scream One | Logitech G403
      • Controller:
      • Steam Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 1703
      • ISP:
      • AmberIT
    aayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waliDJ View Post
    yeah, Android FTW! Just take a look at s3's specs and then iPhone5s specs. ip5 was released later, but still gets butt****d by s3
    You clearly haven't seen any benchmarks.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6330/the-iphone-5-review

    Go through it, then please come back and tell me how S3 kicks iP5's ¤¤¤ in specs.

    It's like this, i3 2100 performs better than Q6600 even though it's a quad-core. Why? Bole dile kintu moja ta chole gelo.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by waliDJ View Post
    Hey mr., I am not barking here, u r barking like a stupid fanboy. LOOK at the specs, s3 has way more stanby time, talktime and better scrren than ip5. And dont say that BS about smoothness. After jelly bean upgrade s3 is as smooth as ios, if not more. And ofcourse, s3 costs lower than ip5
    Better Battery - ok that's true.
    Better screen? Subjective. iPhone 5 uses IPS which is clearly superior in sunlight. AMOLED has better blacks I think and is more power friendly. IPS has better (more precise) color reproduction than AMOLED, whereas AMOLED looks more vivid. I don't care about the color reproduction on phones as long as they are decent but I do actually use my phone outside, so that is the deciding factor for me.

    Price: S3 ($600vs$650) is $50 cheaper (contract prices are both $200). Not a big deal. BD price is irrelevant.

    So yea, I don't have mammoth hands, I care about how my phone looks (all iPhone users do btw, but its never brought up during comparisons), I actually bought apps with money (I pirate apps too, but there are apps which I felt deserved the money). No reason why the S3 is in any shape superior. Oh and I charge my phone every night, killing the S3's only lead
    Last edited by aayman; October 19th, 2012 at 12:49.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 150
    Last Post: August 5th, 2013, 23:04
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 5th, 2012, 22:21
  3. Nokia Lumia 800 bundle now at Amazon for $899
    By salmanshah in forum Tech News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 16th, 2012, 13:15
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 11th, 2011, 23:15

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.41814 seconds with 14 queries.