User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wifi router within 6.5k

  1. #1
    Member
    • ochin's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI H61
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 2100 3.1ghz
      • RAM:
      • 2gb ddr3 1333mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7850 OC
      • Display:
      • philips 224el2sb 21.5"
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake smart 550w
      • ISP:
      • qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 124kpbs
      • Console:
      • 2

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    757

    Default Wifi router within 6.5k

    i am currently using tp link Tl-wr340gd G router and is faulty(cant get a signal after im 6steps away from it -__-).another problem with it is that whenever i try to connect a new device i have to manually enter the IP adress to the phone or laptop maybe thats because its a outdated g router

    my budget is 6.5k i want a router that does not need to be moved around to get good signal and lasts atleast 3years to be future proof.

    please suggest me a router that meets the following points-

    1)a router that can cover a 2600sq ft. house both 1st and 2nd floor(2600sq ft equals how many feet or metre any idea?)

    2)automatically connects new devices after entering passwords(no manual ip problem like i had before)

    3)can stream youtube hd on smartphones


    im totally a noob about routers and i dnt have enough knowledge on gigabit,5ghz,N+ stuff so help me out.

    share your experiences with different brands like belkin,linksys,netgear

  2. #2
    Member
    • mr_08's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus B75M+ || Gigabyte G41m combo
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i5 2500k @3.3ghz cooled by the CM V6GT || Intel dual core e5500 @4ghz with TT V1AX cooler
      • RAM:
      • Gskill RIPJAWS X SERIES 4gbx2 @ 1600mhz || adata xpg 2x2gb @1333mhz 7-7-7-20
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung f3 500gb || wd 1tb , samsung 250gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire 7970 OC 3GB w/ BOOST || Gigabyte 8800gts 512mb
      • Display:
      • Sony Bravia KDL42W700B || Samsung P2350, Samsung T190
      • Sound Card:
      • integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Genius G500v || cosonic headphone
      • Keyboard:
      • cm devastator mb24 , a4tech x7 g800 , logitech k260|| a4tech x7 g500,a4tech KB 28g
      • Mouse:
      • cm devastator ms2k , a4tech x7 X710 || a4tech office mouse, logitech m210
      • Controller:
      • logitech g13,logitech rp2,xbox 360 wireless controller,generic usb x 3
      • Power Supply:
      • xfx pro series 650w || delux 450w
      • Optical Drive:
      • liteon 24x w/ LT || asus dvd rw
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 16gb USB 3.0 || Transcend 16gb usb 2.0
      • UPS:
      • Apollo 1200va || Powerguard 650va
      • Operating System:
      • win7 ultimate sp1 || xp sp3
      • Comment:
      • alhamdulillah!duitai chole,kharap na :D
      • ISP:
      • Itbasebd || qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 8mb || 4 mb
      • Upload Speed:
      • 8mb || 2mb

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dhaka
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ochin View Post
    i am currently using tp link Tl-wr340gd G router and is faulty(cant get a signal after im 6steps away from it -__-).another problem with it is that whenever i try to connect a new device i have to manually enter the IP adress to the phone or laptop maybe thats because its a outdated g router

    my budget is 6.5k i want a router that does not need to be moved around to get good signal and lasts atleast 3years to be future proof.

    please suggest me a router that meets the following points-

    1)a router that can cover a 2600sq ft. house both 1st and 2nd floor(2600sq ft equals how many feet or metre any idea?)

    2)automatically connects new devices after entering passwords(no manual ip problem like i had before)

    3)can stream youtube hd on smartphones


    im totally a noob about routers and i dnt have enough knowledge on gigabit,5ghz,N+ stuff so help me out.

    share your experiences with different brands like belkin,linksys,netgear
    I don't think you need to spend that much money.2k tk router should be good enough.
    ami chhoto amake marbenna.-_- shob _ buira_gamer_

  3. #3
    Forum Staff
    • dipanzan's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z87 HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Dominator 16GB 1600
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Western Digital 1TB Blue, My Passport 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • HIS HD5850
      • Display:
      • Dell P2212H
      • Sound Card:
      • Asus Xonar DGx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD598
      • Keyboard:
      • Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Ninja Reds
      • Mouse:
      • Mionix Avior 7000, Steelseries XAI
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair HX650 v2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • ISP:
      • Link3 :: Linksys WRT54GL w/ DD-WRT
      • Download Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 64-128KB/s
    dipanzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kalabagan, Dhaka
    Posts
    7,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_08 View Post
    I don't think you need to spend that much money.2k tk router should be good enough.
    I don't think a 2k router will provide that much range.

  4. #4
    Member
    • Muhammad Zunaid's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H55M-LE
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • G Skill Ripjaws [4GBx2]=8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi Deskstar 500GB+1TB+ WD Cavier Black 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI 580 TwinFrozrII OC and XFX 9600GT xXx Alpha Dog Edition
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster T220
      • Sound Card:
      • Inbuilt Realtek Codec
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS4121
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt esports KNUCKER
      • Mouse:
      • Genius standard mouse
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675W [80 PLUS BRONZE]
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung Writemaster 20x DVD-Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Canon Lide110 Scanner
      • UPS:
      • RA 1000VA + Powertree 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • want to upgrade soon!
      • ISP:
      • LINK3
      • Download Speed:
      • 512
      • Upload Speed:
      • 512
    Muhammad Zunaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    519

    Default

    i have a tplink router [ tl-wr741nd ] with a single antenna of 5dB [ price was 2499 4 months ago ]. now it covers a home of around 1750 sqft [single unit, not duplex or anything meaning a single floor] though i placed it somewhere like in the centre so its actually covering a radius of abt 50ft without much problem. at the furthest point from the router with door closed of my room, i always get 1 less of the max signal of mobile device. though keep in mind that there are always some blind spot where the signal gets very low. and all the ip and other settings are completely automatic. so no worries there. its true for even the cheaper 1500tk tplink router.

    even though the router has stated it is capable of 150Mbps, with a wireless n capable device, i saw max transfer speed of 5 megabytes/sec or 40Mbps. [i tried using lan to test network speeds and using a cat6 gigabit lan cable(sysmax or sth like that) and gigabit ethernet controllers on both device, i saw max transfer rate of abt 10-12 megabytes/sec. guessing the ethernet ports on the back of the router are 100 Mbps wired] so anyways, i guess the rated 150Mbps isnt for a single device but most probably its max capability when several devices connected at once. so be careful of that.

    i would say get a 300Mbps router with 2-3 antennas to get the best range and signal strength and stability. check whether the lan ports on the router are 1000mbps supported for hd mdeia playback etc. and abt the 5GHz frequency, its kinda gimmicky. if u have many cordless phones and other wireless devices using the 2.4GHz band, then the 5GHz frequency would be better as it would get less noisy or more like the 5GHz band would be more free for u mobile devices... but i say 2.4 GHz is better more home use anyway.

    you can check some of these sites to get some more ideas http://lifehacker.com/5920709/five-b...-wi+fi-routers

  5. #5
    Forum Staff
    • aayman's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Gaming Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 1700 @3.7GHz (H100i v2)
      • RAM:
      • 2x8GB Trident Z 3600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 960 EVO 250GB + SanDisk SSDX 960GB + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 1070 FTW
      • Display:
      • ASUS PG279Q + Dell U2312HM
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Zx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser PC350SE + Phillips SPH9500
      • Keyboard:
      • CM QuickFire Stealth
      • Mouse:
      • FinalMouse Scream One | Logitech G403
      • Controller:
      • Steam Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 1703
      • ISP:
      • AmberIT
    aayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zunaid View Post
    even though the router has stated it is capable of 150Mbps, with a wireless n capable device, i saw max transfer speed of 5 megabytes/sec or 40Mbps. [i tried using lan to test network speeds and using a cat6 gigabit lan cable(sysmax or sth like that) and gigabit ethernet controllers on both device, i saw max transfer rate of abt 10-12 megabytes/sec. guessing the ethernet ports on the back of the router are 100 Mbps wired] so anyways, i guess the rated 150Mbps isnt for a single device but most probably its max capability when several devices connected at once. so be careful of that.
    You need a Wireless N device to get that speed, not just a router. I don't think your phone has Wireless N or else you would've gotten the full speed.

  6. #6
    Member
    • ochin's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI H61
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 2100 3.1ghz
      • RAM:
      • 2gb ddr3 1333mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7850 OC
      • Display:
      • philips 224el2sb 21.5"
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake smart 550w
      • ISP:
      • qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 124kpbs
      • Console:
      • 2

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_08 View Post
    I don't think you need to spend that much money.2k tk router should be good enough.

    amar tp link ta 1.5k chilo.nd as dipanzan bro said greater range routers cost more.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zunaid View Post
    i have a tplink router [ tl-wr741nd ] with a single antenna of 5dB [ price was 2499 4 months ago ]. now it covers a home of around 1750 sqft [single unit, not duplex or anything meaning a single floor] though i placed it somewhere like in the centre so its actually covering a radius of abt 50ft without much problem. at the furthest point from the router with door closed of my room, i always get 1 less of the max signal of mobile device. though keep in mind that there are always some blind spot where the signal gets very low. and all the ip and other settings are completely automatic. so no worries there. its true for even the cheaper 1500tk tplink router.

    even though the router has stated it is capable of 150Mbps, with a wireless n capable device, i saw max transfer speed of 5 megabytes/sec or 40Mbps. [i tried using lan to test network speeds and using a cat6 gigabit lan cable(sysmax or sth like that) and gigabit ethernet controllers on both device, i saw max transfer rate of abt 10-12 megabytes/sec. guessing the ethernet ports on the back of the router are 100 Mbps wired] so anyways, i guess the rated 150Mbps isnt for a single device but most probably its max capability when several devices connected at once. so be careful of that.

    i would say get a 300Mbps router with 2-3 antennas to get the best range and signal strength and stability. check whether the lan ports on the router are 1000mbps supported for hd mdeia playback etc. and abt the 5GHz frequency, its kinda gimmicky. if u have many cordless phones and other wireless devices using the 2.4GHz band, then the 5GHz frequency would be better as it would get less noisy or more like the 5GHz band would be more free for u mobile devices... but i say 2.4 GHz is better more home use anyway.

    you can check some of these sites to get some more ideas http://lifehacker.com/5920709/five-b...-wi+fi-routers
    thanks a lot bro for breaking the things down now i have a little bit idea abt these stuff.

    http://www.ryanscomputers.com/model.php?itemid=51&itemname=Network%20Router&iten_inv_id=29


    from these routers which one will be the best?none of the online computer shops in bd have good and updated routers.

    atleast 5devices will be connected to the router most of the time.

  7. #7
    Member
    • Muhammad Zunaid's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H55M-LE
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • G Skill Ripjaws [4GBx2]=8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi Deskstar 500GB+1TB+ WD Cavier Black 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI 580 TwinFrozrII OC and XFX 9600GT xXx Alpha Dog Edition
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster T220
      • Sound Card:
      • Inbuilt Realtek Codec
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS4121
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt esports KNUCKER
      • Mouse:
      • Genius standard mouse
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675W [80 PLUS BRONZE]
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung Writemaster 20x DVD-Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Canon Lide110 Scanner
      • UPS:
      • RA 1000VA + Powertree 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • want to upgrade soon!
      • ISP:
      • LINK3
      • Download Speed:
      • 512
      • Upload Speed:
      • 512
    Muhammad Zunaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aayman View Post
    You need a Wireless N device to get that speed, not just a router. I don't think your phone has Wireless N or else you would've gotten the full speed.
    no, it was a MBP so i am sure it was N capable and i transferred files over the network from my windows pc with a gigabit ethernet lan so no probs there as well... i too was very much surprised by this. i mean Max speed were 5MBps... but it is a theoretical data transfer rate of 150Mbps so yeah....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ochin View Post
    thanks a lot bro for breaking the things down now i have a little bit idea abt these stuff.

    http://www.ryanscomputers.com/model.php?itemid=51&itemname=Network%20Router&iten_inv_id=29


    from these routers which one will be the best?none of the online computer shops in bd have good and updated routers.

    atleast 5devices will be connected to the router most of the time.
    hmm... with the available routers and ur budget, i would recommend the tplink wr1043nd router. its a good bang for buck router with some nice features like usb connectivity, 1Gbps lan port and 3 antennas for superior signal strength and quality.
    check these reviews to see if u like the tplink router
    http://www.thinkcomputers.org/tp-lin...router-review/

  8. #8
    Member
    • ochin's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI H61
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 2100 3.1ghz
      • RAM:
      • 2gb ddr3 1333mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7850 OC
      • Display:
      • philips 224el2sb 21.5"
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake smart 550w
      • ISP:
      • qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 124kpbs
      • Console:
      • 2

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zunaid View Post
    no, it was a MBP so i am sure it was N capable and i transferred files over the network from my windows pc with a gigabit ethernet lan so no probs there as well... i too was very much surprised by this. i mean Max speed were 5MBps... but it is a theoretical data transfer rate of 150Mbps so yeah....

    - - - Updated - - -



    hmm... with the available routers and ur budget, i would recommend the tplink wr1043nd router. its a good bang for buck router with some nice features like usb connectivity, 1Gbps lan port and 3 antennas for superior signal strength and quality.
    check these reviews to see if u like the tplink router
    http://www.thinkcomputers.org/tp-lin...router-review/

    the only problem that i have with this router is this http://www.thinkcomputers.org/tp-lin...uter-review/4/.

    its quite an expensive router still there is a huge drop between 15ft and 50ft.im afraid this will result in low signals in smartphones.

  9. #9
    Member
    • Muhammad Zunaid's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H55M-LE
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • G Skill Ripjaws [4GBx2]=8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi Deskstar 500GB+1TB+ WD Cavier Black 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI 580 TwinFrozrII OC and XFX 9600GT xXx Alpha Dog Edition
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster T220
      • Sound Card:
      • Inbuilt Realtek Codec
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS4121
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt esports KNUCKER
      • Mouse:
      • Genius standard mouse
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675W [80 PLUS BRONZE]
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung Writemaster 20x DVD-Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • Canon Lide110 Scanner
      • UPS:
      • RA 1000VA + Powertree 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • want to upgrade soon!
      • ISP:
      • LINK3
      • Download Speed:
      • 512
      • Upload Speed:
      • 512
    Muhammad Zunaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dhaka
    Posts
    519

    Default

    yes the range in most reviews say that is not that great for a 3 antenna router. but good routers costs so much... like 100 bucks or so...
    here the cnet ppl really like the belkin n+ router... http://reviews.cnet.com/routers/belk...3361546-2.html
    check it out if u like... as i am reading more reviews of routers, i am seeing really mixed results everywhere... and the ones that come up with googling best routers are really expensive....
    check this page also... http://reviews.cnet.com/routers/asus...3855398-2.html
    right now, i cant recommend any router in particular cause of all the mixed reviews i am seeing... but at the end of the day, its just a router and i am sure u r not using this for 24/7 heavy use. u just need the range and throughput speeds to justify ur purchase.... there are some range extenders and stuff but again, it becomes more pricy and complicated...
    sry if i seem to be of little help but i am kinda confused here as well... hope someone else will be of more help in ur choice of router and if i see sth good on the net, i will post here to let u know.

  10. #10
    Member
    • ochin's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI H61
      • CPU:
      • intel core i3 2100 3.1ghz
      • RAM:
      • 2gb ddr3 1333mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • sapphire 7850 OC
      • Display:
      • philips 224el2sb 21.5"
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake smart 550w
      • ISP:
      • qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 124kpbs
      • Console:
      • 2

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zunaid View Post
    yes the range in most reviews say that is not that great for a 3 antenna router. but good routers costs so much... like 100 bucks or so...
    here the cnet ppl really like the belkin n+ router... http://reviews.cnet.com/routers/belk...3361546-2.html
    check it out if u like... as i am reading more reviews of routers, i am seeing really mixed results everywhere... and the ones that come up with googling best routers are really expensive....
    check this page also... http://reviews.cnet.com/routers/asus...3855398-2.html
    right now, i cant recommend any router in particular cause of all the mixed reviews i am seeing... but at the end of the day, its just a router and i am sure u r not using this for 24/7 heavy use. u just need the range and throughput speeds to justify ur purchase.... there are some range extenders and stuff but again, it becomes more pricy and complicated...
    sry if i seem to be of little help but i am kinda confused here as well... hope someone else will be of more help in ur choice of router and if i see sth good on the net, i will post here to let u know.
    Belkin F5D8235SA4 N+ is this the one shown in the review?the N+ has great range but many are telling it gets faulty after few months.still i think i have no other option maybe ill buy this.

    dont be sorry bro u have helped me alot and i really appreciate that you spent a lot of time finding these links and going through them to help me get the best one.let me know if u find out anything else abt this router stuff

    thank you once again

Similar Threads

  1. Want to Buy Router + USB Wifi Adapter
    By aayman in forum Shop - Gadgets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 22nd, 2012, 05:38
  2. Wifi Router with Qubee
    By abir in forum WiMAX
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 18th, 2012, 22:44
  3. Wifi router price
    By Cpt.Mactavish in forum Help - General Shopping
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: March 5th, 2012, 18:32
  4. Turn your laptop into a WIFI router
    By dhUro in forum Software
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: May 27th, 2011, 15:39
  5. Need Wifi Router within 3500tk
    By minitt in forum Others PC Hardware
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 27th, 2010, 03:48

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.24808 seconds with 14 queries.