Was thinking about this for quite a while. Now gathered all the necessary info in one place. Now the thing is we the members of Banglagamer will vote for a handful of video game characters that we favor the most out of all the video game characters out there. Once the voting period is over, I will compile all the votes and make a ranked list of what we all voted for, thus present "Banglagamer's 50 Best Video Game Characters" in-front of you. All the members of Banglagamer are invited to participate in this voting.
- Vote for at least for 6 characters and a maximum of 12 characters
- When posting your list, submit all your votes in one post. Edit your original post if you want to make changes. That being said, you can post two or three names today, and put the rest any other day, before the deadline ends.
- The characters you choose must have already made their debut in a game as of today (16/9/2012)
- For example, this means that you cannot vote for Connor from Assassin's Creed III, since his game has not released yet.
- You must have played the game from which the character(s) you choose. That means you can’t vote for Mario if you never played any Mario game, playing at least a game or few minutes from the game is enough.
- You may only vote for the same character one time.
- For example, you may not give Duke Nukem 2 votes.
- Your character doesn’t have to be a protagonist of a series or that particular title. That being said, you can choose the villain or any other NPC (Non Playable Character).
- For Example, you may choose The Joker from Batman, Al Mualim from Assassin’s Creed or Irving Lambert from Splinter Cell series.
- You may write down your vote in numbers but its not a merit list.
- For example, if you vote for 10 characters then any single character of your list will be count as 1 vote, regardless whether you put them at the beginning or at the end of your list.
- You may post your favorite quote from the character you pick. However it will not be applicable for few characters like Gordon Freeman from Half Life series or Grand Theft Auto III protagonist since they never spoken in game or any other media. If you post a character name and don’t put a quote then it will not be accepted except those few exceptions. But because of this rules, don’t try to pick those mute characters only. There’s plenty of time to think and make your final vote. You can search the internet for the exact quote if you can’t remember about it exactly.
- Example: "I make my own luck." – Lara Croft in Tomb Raider IV.
- "I'm sorry. I only play for sport." Lara Croft in Tomb Raider II.
- You may pick your quote as very short one or a quite long one. Its all your wish. So you can also choose a character from Mortal Kombat if they say only a few word.
- When posting a name, also mention what series or game they are from. Do not vote for Solid Snake and choose Metal Gear Solid 4. Just write Metal Gear Solid. But you may mention about that particular title at the end of the quote. There are exceptions to this, however. If you want to vote for Mr Freeze, and since he only appeared in Arkham City, then you may put in the specific title he was in. Just try to not write a specific installment for a series regular, like "Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 4."
- Example: Correct Method: Cate Archer from No One Lives Forever
- Example: Incorrect Method: Cate Archer from No One Lives Forever 2
- The character you vote for may have originated from another medium.
- For example, you may vote for Batman, the Joker, Cat-woman, Night-wing etc.
- RPG Custom characters are eligible, as are "mute" or “nameless” characters.
- Despite Gordon Freeman from Half-Life having never said a word, nor having ever been seen talking in any cut-scenes, you may still vote for him.
- You may vote for Commander Shepard form Mass Effect, even though there is not a sex or personality to for the character.
Arranging this type of threads takes lots of time and patience. So if you don’t like this voting or the idea itself, feel free to ignore this thread. You don't have to submit this information, if you don't want to.
However everyone is allowed to comment in the thread but don’t poke any other member or make a negative comment on anyone’s list.
Here is an example of a vote(with imaginary example), however you can put your vote in your way:
- Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid
- "I'm not a hero. I never was- and I never will be." - Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Lara Croft from Tomb Raider
- "I need Thor's belt to get his hammer, and I need the hammer to kill a God." -Lara Croft in Tomb Raider: Underworld
- Thomas Angelo from Mafia
- "I think it's important to keep a balance in things. Yeah, balance, that's the right word. Cause the guy who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Of course, the one who wants too little from life might not get anything at all." -Thomas Angelo in Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven
- Agent 47 from Hitman
- "Names are for friends, so I don't need one." – Agent 47 in Hitman: Silent Assassin
- Nathan Drake from Uncharted
- “Admit it, you love all these as much as I do” – Nathan Drake in Uncharted 3
- Max Payne from Max Payne
- “Life was good. A house on the Jersey side across the river. The smell of freshly cut lawns. The sounds of children playing. A beautiful wife and a baby girl. The American dream come true. But dreams have a nasty habit of going bad when you're not lookin” – Max Payne in Max Payne
- Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher
- “Power, sex. Sex, Power. They both come down to one thing - ****ing others” - Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings
The voting deadline is subject to change and is currently set at October 21, 2012.
If necessary, any rules can be changed later.
When the voting period over, I will also arrange “Most favorite video game quotes” from the voting result as well.
Also hit the Facebook Like button to let others know about this and invite.
Hoping to see a very nice and exciting competition.