• 4 Gb DDR2 (Twinmos)/16 GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 1 TB/256 GB SSD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus GTX 460/GTX 860m
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19"/Lenovo 15.6"
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD+ Realtek Built in 8 Channel Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab/Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 HP
      • Keyboard:
      • Asus Strix Tactic Pro Mechanical KB/CM Devastator Pro
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech/Logitech G402/CM Storm Devastator
      • Controller:
      • Logitech 310/Xbox One Genuine Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 500w ...Brand name ta dekhte hobe :s
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus 24x DvD-Writer/Lenovo Portable DVD WR
      • USB Devices:
      • 16 GB Adata/2 TB WD Portable*2
      • UPS:
      • Dnt Have One
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Win 10 Home
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Lawl...
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Chittagong Online Limited/Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • COL-70 KB (Peak) 180 KB (Off Peak)/Link3-128KB Flat
      • Upload Speed:
      • COL-180 KB (1.4 mbps)/Link3-128KB Flat

Default Nervous about giving a presentation

Presentation is a common and most irritating thing for most of our university students as well as for many professionals. But it is hardly avoidable. The main problem behind this thing getting irritating is getting nervous in presentation. If you can overcome this presentation is fun.

Some people are natural presenters. Others get nervous at the very thought of it. Here are some tips to help you plan and deliver a better presentation. And, if you get nervous, some hints to help you relax.This article might not gonna overcome the nervousness in presentation but it will give you lots of tips to avoid it.

Know your material
    Practice your speech or presentation until you are comfortable with its contents. But don’t try to remember it word for word, leave some room for spontaneity. Remember memorizing the whole contents doesn’t help rather than getting comfortable helps as it will help you to answer any question audience might gonna ask in the end. Practicing in front of mirror helps a lot in this case.
    Know your audience
    If possible, greet some of the audience as they arrive and chat to them. It is easier to speak to a group of friends than to a group of strangers.
    Don’t read from a script
    There’s nothing wrong with having cue cards or notes to prompt you, but try to avoid simply reading a from a full script. It’s not very engaging for your audience.
    Don’t read slides
    If you are using slides, don’t read them out, word for word, every time. Pick out highlights or expand on each point. Use them as prompts. And when you first put up a slide, give people time to read it. That will also give you time to think about – or remember – what you want to say.
    If you get nervous…
    Learn how to relax
    You can ease tension by doing exercises. Sit comfortably with your back straight. Breathe in slowly, hold your breath for 4 to 5 seconds, and then slowly exhale. To relax your facial muscles, open your mouth and eyes wide, then close them tightly.
    Drink water, yawn and hum
    Drink water before you speak to lubricate your vocal chords. Yawning and humming will ‘prepare’ your voice and help overcome the feeling that your words will get stuck in your throat.
    Don't apologies for being nervous
    It is likely that your nervousness won’t even show. If you mention that you’re nervous or apologies for problems you think you have with your speech, you'll only draw attention to it.
    Turn nervousness into positive energy
    The same nervous energy that causes stage fright can be used to your advantage. Harness it and transform it into vitality and enthusiasm.
    Slow down
    Nervous and inexperienced speakers tend to talk way too fast. Consciously slow your speech down. When you practice, try to speak at about half your normal speed. It will seem odd, but will help you deliver the presentation at a more measured pace.
    Pause
    Don't race through your presentation and leave your audience, as well as yourself, feeling out of breath. The pause may seem a bit awkward, but the audience will barely notice it.
    Concentrate on your message
    Your nervous feelings will dissipate if you focus your attention away from your anxieties and concentrate on your message and your audience, not yourself.
    Visualize yourself speaking
    Imagine yourself speaking, your voice loud, clear and assured. When you visualize yourself as successful, there’s a better chance that you will be.
    Realize that people want you to succeed
    All audiences want speakers to be interesting, stimulating, informative and entertaining. They want you to succeed, not fail. Remember… they’re not there to catch you out or embarrass you.
    Feel free to comment. Give suggestion to improvement or anything

• AsifRahman's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • intel Core i7 3770
      • CPU:
      • MSI B75-MA E33
      • RAM:
      • Twinmoss 1600bus 4Gig x 2
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi 500 + 160
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5
      • Display:
      • Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX - 20 inch
      • Sound Card:
      • On-board Audio
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab FC550
      • Keyboard:
      • Generic
      • Mouse:
      • Generic
      • Controller:
      • -
      • Power Supply:
      • Tt Smart 650W Modular 80+ Bronge
      • Optical Drive:
      • ASUS DVDRW 24X
      • USB Devices:
      • Canon Lide Scanner; Bluetooth 2.0 Dongle
      • UPS:
      • -
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit)
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • -
      • Comment:
      • Damocles
      • ISP:
      • Local ISP - Delta IIG - 512kbps
      • Download Speed:
      • 120 KBps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 70-100 KBps

Well, one of the most interesting article i've ever come across other than gaming in this forum, It's odd that i never looked in this section and missed a vital article left under the pile of other articles. I am a student of Business Administration in East West university and it's my 5th semester running now. I had to complete a whole presentation based course(ENG100) in my first semester and it made me quite comfortable with presentation as I had to present topics without clues/predetermined.

But after that semester, the inhibition of presentation got me and still at my 5th semester, it gives me creeps to even think about presentation. But i try to keep my mind calm and focused at presentations, try to be relaxed and observe the whole situation before presenting.

I've found this article very encouraging and i salute you that you gave this matter a thought; a thought well processed and clearly verbalized. Don't know if this response would matter to anyone but I do thank you for motivating me.

- - - Updated - - -

One other thing that I would like to mention that made me good at presenting is that I actually talk to myself in English about anything that crosses my mind at any time of the day. I enjoy doing it and also I have it as a really good practice of being prepared to speak in English.

• gogeta's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG31PR/Laptop MB name janina -_-
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E7400/Intel Core I7 2.26 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus GTX 460/GTX 860m
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • Dnt Have One
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Win 10 Home
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Lawl...
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by Asif Rahman View Post
    Well, one of the most interesting article i've ever come across other than gaming in this forum, It's odd that i never looked in this section and missed a vital article left under the pile of other articles. I am a student of Business Administration in East West university and it's my 5th semester running now. I had to complete a whole presentation based course(ENG100) in my first semester and it made me quite comfortable with presentation as I had to present topics without clues/predetermined.

But after that semester, the inhibition of presentation got me and still at my 5th semester, it gives me creeps to even think about presentation. But i try to keep my mind calm and focused at presentations, try to be relaxed and observe the whole situation before presenting.

I've found this article very encouraging and i salute you that you gave this matter a thought; a thought well processed and clearly verbalized. Don't know if this response would matter to anyone but I do thank you for motivating me.

- - - Updated - - -

One other thing that I would like to mention that made me good at presenting is that I actually talk to myself in English about anything that crosses my mind at any time of the day. I enjoy doing it and also I have it as a really good practice of being prepared to speak in English.
    Thanks for the reply. See there is nothing creepy about presentation. In presentation u r the key person of the room (like a boss) where rest of the people are ur audience. Even ur lecturer along with all others. They are here to listen what you have to say. No one is here to embrace u or something like that, rather they r here to appreciate. Eng100 is Business english/communication ryt? That one is pretty good course to improve skill on presentation. I did similar type of course in my uni (Bus 315), the course was taken by a professional who was involved in Rangs in Marketing and promotion division. His experience made him perfect for teaching such courses along with his educational qualification. Bt in the end, only doing courses arent enough, the thing u need most is self confidence and positive attitude. Good luck

• minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55"
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps

@gogeta u've pretty much mentioned all the basics.
    Personally, I try to visualize that I am in a superior position (though it requires that u r well equipped with information) than my audience and doing so keeps my confidence level consistent through out the presentation.

• gogeta's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG31PR/Laptop MB name janina -_-
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E7400/Intel Core I7 2.26 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus GTX 460/GTX 860m
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • Dnt Have One
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Win 10 Home
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Lawl...
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by minitt View Post
    @gogeta u've pretty much mentioned all the basics.
    Personally, I try to visualize that I am in a superior position (though it requires that u r well equipped with information) than my audience and doing so keeps my confidence level consistent through out the presentation.
    It may b easy to be well equipped in university level presentation. But in professional life, its not possible in many cases. Even on those situation u have to b confident and overcome the information gaps with that. Although it might seems tricky. My point is being confident and keep urself calm is the key to success in case of presentation. People hardly ask question to the confident people in presentation and vice versa. Another thing is in most cases the audience might not have good idea about the topic u r discussing. If they do they would nt waste time to listen what other people says. I am nt suggesting to present wrong information or tell what ever u have in mind in presentation in case of information gap, rather I suggest to use personality to hide the information gap.
    Another good idea what I forgot to share earlier (This is what I do in most of my presentation and training sessions)
    I start the presentation by taking opinion from audience or by questioning them. Kind of 2 way communication. And some cases after giving a example I ask audience what is ur idea about this before explaining it. Most of the times I try to do it in such a way so that most of them get confused for a bit so that the opinion i get frm that is partially correct. Which helps to draw 100% attention of the audience.