A few weeks back my desktop's windows xp suddenly started to have an error message regarding windows visual basic.Uninstalled and reinstalled different version of windows visual c++.But still had the error.I thought this might be a virus issue so downloaded Superantispyware and Malwarebytes and installed both and ran them extensively to clean my pc of virus and spyware,trojan etc.Both the software cleaned/removed some viruses,trojans and also quarantined quite a number of files.Then I ran CCleaner and deleted the registry errors it found out.

After this I started getting this error message "The setup files are corrupted, or are incompatible with this version of setup.Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program" as I tried to install different software which were disabled by virus scans and I tried to uninstall and reinstall those software ranging from firefox to nexus mod manager but the version of those software that were already downloaded on my pc couldn't be run.Kept getting this message "The setup files are corrupted, or are incompatible with this version of setup.Please correct the problem or obtaina new copy of the program"

So I had to download newer or different versions of those software and then I was able to install them.

But the problem still persists.I am still getting that "The setup files are corrupted, or are incompatible with this version of setup.Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program" randomly when I try to install some software.Where does the problem lie?Is it a windows xp registry problem?What can I do to solve it?