User Tag List

Thread: PvP in general for Beginners

Default PvP in general for Beginners

Let me start by introducing myself. Been playing wow for over 6 yrs in many different private servers. But among the private servers i sticked with Bloodcraft, started when bloodcraft was a fresh server u may know me as Zuss from BC.(if ur a new player in Bc then i doubt u saw me coz i quit when server was on the same season for over 1.5 yrs) I only played rogue. Currently i am in retail.
    what got me in wow was the pvp, pve was fun but till a certain point. When i started to do arena in TBC (in my first wow private server) everything seemed kinda confusing coz back then I only knew abt rogue spells(as it was my class). So basically i am just gonna share what helped me improve my pvp gameplay.

1.Choose a class- it really depends on ur play style, there is no best or easy class. All classes are awesome and unique in their own way.

2. First I will start by saying dont bother to do pvp unless u get below 300 latency and if your a rogue or mele class, especially rogue or ret pala make sure ur latency is below 250 all time. That being said lets move to the next point.

3. After you gain full control over your class, try to learn a bit about other classes (a basic knowledge about other classes) for example mages can poly, shamans can hex , rogues can blind etc. Don't try to take it all in at a time, this may take time but u will eventually get used to it.

4. Try to make sure all ur skills are on key binds( if u find it hard take 2-3 spells at a time and after you get fluent with them get more 2-3 spells in keybind)

5. 1 of the worst problem i faced while doing pvp was i used to tunnel vision like crazy( my eyes were on my character or Action bar or my health bar most of the time so basically if a hunter or range is near me i coudnt see them unless they started attacking me first) what you basically want is to be aware of everything happening near you.(this is gona take time but try to improve every Bg or arena match). try to see whats happening around you just dont focus on yourself and your target, you have to know who is healing who is Ccing.

6. Step in to Arena- This is where pvp gets very competitive. i would suggest you start with 2v2(even though 3v3 is the main deal). if u start 3v3 directly you may find it very hard and match will end before u even know what happened. Get some addons to help you in arena like Gladius, tidyplates etc.

7. whats my job in arena?- to WIN!!!! sounds simple but its not, when i started everything was abt dmg.Match starts> run to them> start killing . But thats not how it works, try to make sure your using skype or teamspeak for communication(helps a lot). For example back in bloocraft i used to do 2v2 with a boomkin and a ret paladin (our job was mainly to blow their defensive cds and cc and switch back) then i tried some 2v2 with a disc priest (play style suddenly changed) I always had to focus on my target, my self and my healer. Especially as a rogue DPS is not ur only job. Rogues are currently the best control class. This is where awareness and class knowledge will come in. You have to know who is healing, Ccing etc so that u can stop them from casting or countering it some how.

8.Macros- helps more than you know, and try to get focus macros for arena which helps a lot. For example if i want to blind the off target while i peeling ur target, u can do it without chaning ur main target with a simple macro.

These are just few basic things you should know for PVP.
    I will end it here. But if u have any questions, i will be more than happy to answer them.
    Last edited by Chronicninja; August 1st, 2012 at 12:03.

Sure would like some Retribution PvP tips..

i play Warrior, but i always wanted to play Paladins too. So i started one, but as u know it takes time..
    could ask Zaryxus as he is my favorite retribution of all times.. but as u know he left private server to join u guys...

Its just [EB]. Not Elite B[a]stard or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kabir_sharif2000 View Post
    Sure would like some Retribution PvP tips..

i play Warrior, but i always wanted to play Paladins too. So i started one, but as u know it takes time..
    could ask Zaryxus as he is my favorite retribution of all times.. but as u know he left private server to join u guys...
    He is currently in my 2v2 team, i will ask him that if he can post a ret guide.

The kind of a guy he is.. he wouldnt have time.. he is more Baam and less Spam kind of a guy.. so.. idk.. might as well ask him to mail me in Ice-wow.. id is Secondwind. He would know i hope.

btw whats with "Z" lol.. Zlaul, Zuss, Zary, Zerk lol ..

Its just [EB]. Not Elite B[a]stard or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kabir_sharif2000 View Post
    btw whats with "Z" lol.. Zlaul, Zuss, Zary, Zerk lol ..
    lol it was a random coincidence..

• radeef's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H67MA-USB3-B3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 3.1GHz 6MB Cache, cooled by Thermeltake Frio Advanced
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 16GB DDR3 1333 MHz; 4 X 4 GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Transcend 720SSD 128GB SATA III
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 670 2GB Power Edition OC
      • Display:
      • ASUS ML229H 22 inch LED 1920 X 1080 P
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in Audio Chipset - Realtek ALC889 codec, Audio Channel - 7.1
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec Lansing VS2721E 2.1 system, Steelseries Siberia V2 Full-size
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Deathadder 2013 edition+Ttesports Black Element+Ttesports Pyrhuss Speed mouse pad
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart 650W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • WD My Passport 2TB+Transcend J25M2 500GB External HDD's
      • UPS:
      • Luminous 1200VA Solo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultra 64-bit
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • PC Mark 7 - 4558
      • Comment:
      • Packed in Thermaltake Commander mid tower casing with medium quality cable management system
      • ISP:
      • Qubee 1Mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • 100 - 125 Kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • Depends :|

@Chronicninja Hi Zuss. It's me Trippleh(warrior) / Thebatista(Dk) ally side from BC. Also played in Molten and created same toons. I see you are playing in retail. Can you tell me the procedures how I can play in retail from BD? How to do the payment procedures?