User Tag List

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Book for basic accounting

  1. #1

    Default Book for basic accounting

    Ok - reaching out to BG GAMERS who have studied accounting in O and A levels.

    I am looking for sort of a reference guide on accounting that will cover subjects like accruals, prepayments, capital/revenue expenditure and how to treat them, balance sheet, cashflow statements, statement of change of equity, etc.

    Can anyone suggest me a one-stop book other than FRANK WOOD? GCSE study guide type books would be more welcome.

  2. #2
    Member
    • mr_08's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus B75M+ || Gigabyte G41m combo
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i5 2500k @3.3ghz cooled by the CM V6GT || Intel dual core e5500 @4ghz with TT V1AX cooler
      • RAM:
      • Gskill RIPJAWS X SERIES 4gbx2 @ 1600mhz || adata xpg 2x2gb @1333mhz 7-7-7-20
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung f3 500gb || wd 1tb , samsung 250gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire 7970 OC 3GB w/ BOOST || Gigabyte 8800gts 512mb
      • Display:
      • Sony Bravia KDL42W700B || Samsung P2350, Samsung T190
      • Sound Card:
      • integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Genius G500v || cosonic headphone
      • Keyboard:
      • cm devastator mb24 , a4tech x7 g800 , logitech k260|| a4tech x7 g500,a4tech KB 28g
      • Mouse:
      • cm devastator ms2k , a4tech x7 X710 || a4tech office mouse, logitech m210
      • Controller:
      • logitech g13,logitech rp2,xbox 360 wireless controller,generic usb x 3
      • Power Supply:
      • xfx pro series 650w || delux 450w
      • Optical Drive:
      • liteon 24x w/ LT || asus dvd rw
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 16gb USB 3.0 || Transcend 16gb usb 2.0
      • UPS:
      • Apollo 1200va || Powerguard 650va
      • Operating System:
      • win7 ultimate sp1 || xp sp3
      • Comment:
      • alhamdulillah!duitai chole,kharap na :D
      • ISP:
      • Itbasebd || qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 8mb || 4 mb
      • Upload Speed:
      • 8mb || 2mb

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dhaka
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by REVx View Post
    Ok - reaching out to BG GAMERS who have studied accounting in O and A levels.

    I am looking for sort of a reference guide on accounting that will cover subjects like accruals, prepayments, capital/revenue expenditure and how to treat them, balance sheet, cashflow statements, statement of change of equity, etc.

    Can anyone suggest me a one-stop book other than FRANK WOOD? GCSE study guide type books would be more welcome.
    american accounting naki british accounting.eita nieo abar kahini ase
    ami chhoto amake marbenna.-_- shob _ buira_gamer_

  3. #3

    Default

    Hmm... British ra jeita shoja dik thekey korey, American ra sheitai ONEK shohoj bhabey ulta dik thekey korey. Er shathey jog koro international a/c standard gula-r style.

    Tobey British der style besh purano hoye gesey.

    American tai bolo - International standard gular shaathey mil asey.

  4. #4
    Member
    • mr_08's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus B75M+ || Gigabyte G41m combo
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i5 2500k @3.3ghz cooled by the CM V6GT || Intel dual core e5500 @4ghz with TT V1AX cooler
      • RAM:
      • Gskill RIPJAWS X SERIES 4gbx2 @ 1600mhz || adata xpg 2x2gb @1333mhz 7-7-7-20
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung f3 500gb || wd 1tb , samsung 250gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire 7970 OC 3GB w/ BOOST || Gigabyte 8800gts 512mb
      • Display:
      • Sony Bravia KDL42W700B || Samsung P2350, Samsung T190
      • Sound Card:
      • integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Genius G500v || cosonic headphone
      • Keyboard:
      • cm devastator mb24 , a4tech x7 g800 , logitech k260|| a4tech x7 g500,a4tech KB 28g
      • Mouse:
      • cm devastator ms2k , a4tech x7 X710 || a4tech office mouse, logitech m210
      • Controller:
      • logitech g13,logitech rp2,xbox 360 wireless controller,generic usb x 3
      • Power Supply:
      • xfx pro series 650w || delux 450w
      • Optical Drive:
      • liteon 24x w/ LT || asus dvd rw
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 16gb USB 3.0 || Transcend 16gb usb 2.0
      • UPS:
      • Apollo 1200va || Powerguard 650va
      • Operating System:
      • win7 ultimate sp1 || xp sp3
      • Comment:
      • alhamdulillah!duitai chole,kharap na :D
      • ISP:
      • Itbasebd || qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 8mb || 4 mb
      • Upload Speed:
      • 8mb || 2mb

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dhaka
    Posts
    4,041
    ami chhoto amake marbenna.-_- shob _ buira_gamer_

  5. #5

    Default

    Shesh mesh ei dummy-r boi?

    Achha tao dekhi.

  6. #6
    Member
    • mr_08's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus B75M+ || Gigabyte G41m combo
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i5 2500k @3.3ghz cooled by the CM V6GT || Intel dual core e5500 @4ghz with TT V1AX cooler
      • RAM:
      • Gskill RIPJAWS X SERIES 4gbx2 @ 1600mhz || adata xpg 2x2gb @1333mhz 7-7-7-20
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung f3 500gb || wd 1tb , samsung 250gb
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire 7970 OC 3GB w/ BOOST || Gigabyte 8800gts 512mb
      • Display:
      • Sony Bravia KDL42W700B || Samsung P2350, Samsung T190
      • Sound Card:
      • integrated
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Genius G500v || cosonic headphone
      • Keyboard:
      • cm devastator mb24 , a4tech x7 g800 , logitech k260|| a4tech x7 g500,a4tech KB 28g
      • Mouse:
      • cm devastator ms2k , a4tech x7 X710 || a4tech office mouse, logitech m210
      • Controller:
      • logitech g13,logitech rp2,xbox 360 wireless controller,generic usb x 3
      • Power Supply:
      • xfx pro series 650w || delux 450w
      • Optical Drive:
      • liteon 24x w/ LT || asus dvd rw
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 16gb USB 3.0 || Transcend 16gb usb 2.0
      • UPS:
      • Apollo 1200va || Powerguard 650va
      • Operating System:
      • win7 ultimate sp1 || xp sp3
      • Comment:
      • alhamdulillah!duitai chole,kharap na :D
      • ISP:
      • Itbasebd || qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 8mb || 4 mb
      • Upload Speed:
      • 8mb || 2mb

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dhaka
    Posts
    4,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by REVx View Post
    Shesh mesh ei dummy-r boi?

    Achha tao dekhi.
    Mathai kisu ashtasilo na
    ami chhoto amake marbenna.-_- shob _ buira_gamer_

  7. #7
    Member
    • gogeta's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG31PR/Laptop MB name janina -_-
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E7400/Intel Core I7 2.26 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • 4 Gb DDR2 (Twinmos)/16 GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 1 TB/256 GB SSD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus GTX 460/GTX 860m
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19"/Lenovo 15.6"
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD+ Realtek Built in 8 Channel Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab/Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 HP
      • Keyboard:
      • Asus Strix Tactic Pro Mechanical KB/CM Devastator Pro
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech/Logitech G402/CM Storm Devastator
      • Controller:
      • Logitech 310/Xbox One Genuine Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 500w ...Brand name ta dekhte hobe :s
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus 24x DvD-Writer/Lenovo Portable DVD WR
      • USB Devices:
      • 16 GB Adata/2 TB WD Portable*2
      • UPS:
      • Dnt Have One
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Win 10 Home
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Lawl...
      • Comment:
      • .........
      • ISP:
      • Chittagong Online Limited/Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • COL-70 KB (Peak) 180 KB (Off Peak)/Link3-128KB Flat
      • Upload Speed:
      • COL-180 KB (1.4 mbps)/Link3-128KB Flat
    gogeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dalaran, Northend
    Posts
    760

    Default

    You can go for "Principles of Accounting" by Kieso Kimmel Weygandt..
    Although its for students of BBA still it will do good for serving O/A level student's purposes. As it covers all the basics of accounting. Along with advance level accounting. I studied 8th edition (About 4 years ago). Now may be 10th or 11th edition available in stores.
    Another thing I can suggest is many lecturers provides some customized sheets of Accounting, so students dont get lost in big books of accounting. Out Acn 201 instructor used to provide those. Those are so easy to understand even for non-business background students. Try to collect somethng like this.
    Last edited by gogeta; July 30th, 2012 at 14:33.


  8. #8
    Member
    • nahidarch's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55 M
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 750
      • RAM:
      • TwinMos 2 x 4GB RAM, 1333 BUS
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi SATA 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ECS 550ti
      • Display:
      • Viewsonic 22" VX2260wm
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Gigaworks 20
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K260
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech M210
      • Controller:
      • Dilong
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltek 400W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus
      • UPS:
      • Apolloo 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 5.6
      • Comment:
      • Baal
      • ISP:
      • BTCL
      • Download Speed:
      • 50
      • Upload Speed:
      • 15
    nahidarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Yes "Principles of Accounting" ..
    ei ekta boi er nam e jani karon eita pora hoisilo...
    VIDEO GAMES RUINED MY LIFE

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_08 View Post
    Mathai kisu ashtasilo na
    Reminds me of a University friend who bought SEX FOR DUMMIES. Always was curious what was in that book.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gogeta View Post
    You can go for "Principles of Accounting" by Kieso Kimmel Weygandt..
    Although its for students of BBA still it will do good for serving O/A level student's purposes. As it covers all the basics of accounting. Along with advance level accounting. I studied 8th edition (About 4 years ago). Now may be 10th or 11th edition available in stores.
    Another thing I can suggest is many lecturers provides some customized sheets of Accounting, so students dont get lost in big books of accounting. Out Acn 201 instructor used to provide those. Those are so easy to understand even for non-business background students. Try to collect somethng like this.
    Ok, thanks. Will do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by nahidarch View Post
    Yes "Principles of Accounting" ..
    ei ekta boi er nam e jani karon eita pora hoisilo...

    User feedback?

  10. #10
    Member
    • nahidarch's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55 M
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 750
      • RAM:
      • TwinMos 2 x 4GB RAM, 1333 BUS
      • Hard Drive:
      • Hitachi SATA 1 TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • ECS 550ti
      • Display:
      • Viewsonic 22" VX2260wm
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Gigaworks 20
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K260
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech M210
      • Controller:
      • Dilong
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltek 400W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus
      • UPS:
      • Apolloo 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • 5.6
      • Comment:
      • Baal
      • ISP:
      • BTCL
      • Download Speed:
      • 50
      • Upload Speed:
      • 15
    nahidarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Yes its good...
    khubi basic theke shuru korse... age accounting shomporke kono dharona na thakleo eta porei bujha shomvob....
    eta IBA te MBA er first semester e porano hoy.... bolte gele eita reading porei ja shikhar shikhsi.. class temon follow kori nai...
    VIDEO GAMES RUINED MY LIFE

  11. #11

    Default

    Download korlam 9th edition. Dekhi kemon jinish.

    @nahidarch : bhaijan ki IBA tey pora-shona korsen? IBA tey 2000 shaaler dikey programming e FOXBASE shikhaito! (Disgusting ekta school).
    Last edited by REVx; July 31st, 2012 at 16:13.

  12. #12
    Member
    • gogeta's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG31PR/Laptop MB name janina -_-
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E7400/Intel Core I7 2.26 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • 4 Gb DDR2 (Twinmos)/16 GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 1 TB/256 GB SSD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus GTX 460/GTX 860m
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19"/Lenovo 15.6"
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD+ Realtek Built in 8 Channel Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab/Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 HP
      • Keyboard:
      • Asus Strix Tactic Pro Mechanical KB/CM Devastator Pro
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech/Logitech G402/CM Storm Devastator
      • Controller:
      • Logitech 310/Xbox One Genuine Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 500w ...Brand name ta dekhte hobe :s
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus 24x DvD-Writer/Lenovo Portable DVD WR
      • USB Devices:
      • 16 GB Adata/2 TB WD Portable*2
      • UPS:
      • Dnt Have One
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Win 10 Home
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Lawl...
      • Comment:
      • .........
      • ISP:
      • Chittagong Online Limited/Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • COL-70 KB (Peak) 180 KB (Off Peak)/Link3-128KB Flat
      • Upload Speed:
      • COL-180 KB (1.4 mbps)/Link3-128KB Flat
    gogeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dalaran, Northend
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nahidarch View Post
    Yes its good...
    khubi basic theke shuru korse... age accounting shomporke kono dharona na thakleo eta porei bujha shomvob....
    eta IBA te MBA er first semester e porano hoy.... bolte gele eita reading porei ja shikhar shikhsi.. class temon follow kori nai...
    I studied this book in my BBA.. But the book is easy enough for beginners like O/A level or SSC/HSC students as well as advance/powerful enough for MBA students..
    Even for higher courses of Accounting I went through that book rather than reference book..
    @REVx its a good one.. You will find it useful. Or you can go for intermediate accounting by Kieso if you want same thing in more advance in complected way ... That book is a bit smaller than this one


  13. #13
    Member kabir_sharif2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Jamaica, New York
    Posts
    2,670

    Default

    Well UK style is confusing... and that principles book wont help u much.. get a UK book rather than a US one.. but one u get the basic differences i guess US books will help u too.

    Its just [EB]. Not Elite B[a]stard or anything like that.

  14. #14
    Member
    • gogeta's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG31PR/Laptop MB name janina -_-
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E7400/Intel Core I7 2.26 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • 4 Gb DDR2 (Twinmos)/16 GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 1 TB/256 GB SSD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus GTX 460/GTX 860m
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19"/Lenovo 15.6"
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD+ Realtek Built in 8 Channel Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab/Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 HP
      • Keyboard:
      • Asus Strix Tactic Pro Mechanical KB/CM Devastator Pro
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech/Logitech G402/CM Storm Devastator
      • Controller:
      • Logitech 310/Xbox One Genuine Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 500w ...Brand name ta dekhte hobe :s
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus 24x DvD-Writer/Lenovo Portable DVD WR
      • USB Devices:
      • 16 GB Adata/2 TB WD Portable*2
      • UPS:
      • Dnt Have One
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Win 10 Home
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Lawl...
      • Comment:
      • .........
      • ISP:
      • Chittagong Online Limited/Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • COL-70 KB (Peak) 180 KB (Off Peak)/Link3-128KB Flat
      • Upload Speed:
      • COL-180 KB (1.4 mbps)/Link3-128KB Flat
    gogeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dalaran, Northend
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kabir_sharif2000 View Post
    Well UK style is confusing... and that principles book wont help u much.. get a UK book rather than a US one.. but one u get the basic differences i guess US books will help u too.
    At present most school's prefer US accounting method.
    Bcz its easy to understand less tym consuming.. and looks nice
    .. If I am write in GCE O/A Levels, people study US Accounting. Correct me If I am wrong...


  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kabir_sharif2000 View Post
    Well UK style is confusing... and that principles book wont help u much.. get a UK book rather than a US one.. but one u get the basic differences i guess US books will help u too.
    UK style is not confusing -- actually their style was the one used all over the world, viz., their colonies. It is fundamentally sound. Oi style ekbar bujhey geley u can flip it anywhere. And style essentially means presentation or certain influences of country-wise practice/needs, as well as country standard requirements. The main thing remains the same. Gross Profit, depreciation, etc is same anywhere - I don't think the USA does it differently. They just present it very casually, makes it easier.

    @kabir_sharif2000 - amra gendakaal ey UK style tai porsi. Tokhon r kisu chhilo na. Uni tey giye dekhlam America style. Australia giye dekhlam Aussie style (US theke beshi alada na).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gogeta View Post
    At present most school's prefer US accounting method.
    Bcz its easy to understand less tym consuming.. and looks nice
    .. If I am write in GCE O/A Levels, people study US Accounting. Correct me If I am wrong...
    Many yrs ago, when we did A LEVEL accounting, we used a UK style book. Ekhon ki hoi jani na.

  16. #16
    Member
    • gogeta's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DG31PR/Laptop MB name janina -_-
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E7400/Intel Core I7 2.26 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • 4 Gb DDR2 (Twinmos)/16 GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 1 TB/256 GB SSD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus GTX 460/GTX 860m
      • Display:
      • Samsung 19"/Lenovo 15.6"
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD+ Realtek Built in 8 Channel Card
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab/Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 HP
      • Keyboard:
      • Asus Strix Tactic Pro Mechanical KB/CM Devastator Pro
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech/Logitech G402/CM Storm Devastator
      • Controller:
      • Logitech 310/Xbox One Genuine Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • 500w ...Brand name ta dekhte hobe :s
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus 24x DvD-Writer/Lenovo Portable DVD WR
      • USB Devices:
      • 16 GB Adata/2 TB WD Portable*2
      • UPS:
      • Dnt Have One
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Win 10 Home
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Lawl...
      • Comment:
      • .........
      • ISP:
      • Chittagong Online Limited/Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • COL-70 KB (Peak) 180 KB (Off Peak)/Link3-128KB Flat
      • Upload Speed:
      • COL-180 KB (1.4 mbps)/Link3-128KB Flat
    gogeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dalaran, Northend
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by REVx View Post
    UK style is not confusing -- actually their style was the one used all over the world, viz., their colonies. It is fundamentally sound. Oi style ekbar bujhey geley u can flip it anywhere. And style essentially means presentation or certain influences of country-wise practice/needs, as well as country standard requirements. The main thing remains the same. Gross Profit, depreciation, etc is same anywhere - I don't think the USA does it differently. They just present it very casually, makes it easier.

    @kabir_sharif2000 - amra gendakaal ey UK style tai porsi. Tokhon r kisu chhilo na. Uni tey giye dekhlam America style. Australia giye dekhlam Aussie style (US theke beshi alada na).

    - - - Updated - - -



    Many yrs ago, when we did A LEVEL accounting, we used a UK style book. Ekhon ki hoi jani na.
    I studied UK style till i admit myself in Uni... Than US style...
    Bt nowadays in most places US style is preferred..
    Days of UK are long gone ...
    If Bangladesh become world leader like US ryt now... I hope everyone will follow bangladeshi Accounting style.. (Problem is its not invented yet ... May b i ll invent it... )


  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gogeta View Post
    I studied UK style till i admit myself in Uni... Than US style...
    Bt nowadays in most places US style is preferred..
    Days of UK are long gone ...
    If Bangladesh become world leader like US ryt now... I hope everyone will follow bangladeshi Accounting style.. (Problem is its not invented yet ... May b i ll invent it... )
    Correct.
    Bangladeshi Accounting style asey to ... 'nogod ja pao, haat petey nao, baaki-r khaata shunno thaak'.

  18. #18

    Default

    Sorry for bumping old thread - will anyone of u be kind enough to sell your old KIESO's accounting principles to me, at a discount?
    Ninth edition or higher will be appreciated.

  19. #19

    Default

    No worries got a used coy from BLUEFIELD. 120tk!

Similar Threads

  1. Basic Gaming pc within 40k
    By s.s.shuvo in forum Help - PC Buying
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: April 19th, 2011, 23:17

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 0.29903 seconds with 14 queries.