• Keyboard:
      • Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
      • Mouse:
      • Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Lightpower 430W
      • Optical Drive:
      • UPS:
      • GreenPower 600VA powered by a 85AH IPS Battery which gives me 3.5hours of backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (Pirated)
      • Comment:
      • Not so bad for normal usage. I don't have any time to play games right now.
      • ISP:
      • Link3 1532kbps Night Doubler
      • Download Speed:
      • 180-360
      • Upload Speed:
      • 180*360
      • Console:

Default Mobile Internet in Bangladesh

Mobile Internet in Bangladesh

Test Report Part-1

Well, I should include few more general test reports here. You will get your answer from test3. Thanks for your question :-)

Test1

• Area: Rampura
    • Device: Sony Ericsson GC89
    • Connection: GP EDGE unlimited

I am now using Grameen phone unlimited internet. I use Sony Ericsson GC89 EDGE modem. And i live in Rampura. I get average 15-17 KBPS (kilobyte). It varies with time. Because in the day time I get 13-15 KBPS (kilobyte).

Test2

• Area: Rampura
    • Device: Nokia 3110 classic Made in Hungary

We've used Nokia 3110 classic Made in Hungary at my home to test the internet speed. And it was as good as I usually get using GC89 (average ~17KBPS)

Test3

• Area: Boxibazar, Old Dhaka
    • Device: Nokia 3110 classic Made in Hungary
    • Connection: GP EDGE unlimited and Warid unlimited

I went to Boxibazaar (Behind Dhaka university and BUET area) and used Same Nokia 3110 classic made in Hungary. There both the download and upload speed using GP was terrible and shocking!!! I didn't believe my friend who told me that he didn't get more than 4 KBPS anytime.And the line was not stable. My friend contacted GP and they told him that they have huge number of GP internet user in that area. So, they can do nothing to increase the speed. It seems the total bandwidth for a tower or area is fixed. So, where internet users are more there you will get less speed.

This number of users are data service users, not the voice user. You know data service means GPRS or EDGE which no connection with the voice service (calling). So, we should calculate users based on who are using data service.

Warid:
    And there Warid internet was same as ~5.5 KBPS and stable. It seems Warid internet is stable everywhere. Of course constant ~5.5 KBPS is not bad (at least for those among us who has very bad experience with dial up or ISP provided internet)

Test4

• Area: Uttara
    • Device: Nokia 3110 classic Made by Nokia

My another friend is using unlimited internet by 3110 classic (Made by Nokia) in Uttara. He gets more than 15 KBPS. So, now it seems "Made by Nokia" and "Made in Finland" doesn't differ in quality. Only it differes in our brain :-)

Test5:

• Area: Banani
    • Device: Nokia 3110 classic Made by Nokia

We have used Nokia 3110 classic (Made by Nokia) in Banani area. There we also got more than ~15KBPS on average.

Now, I have told you before, my tests are from general users point of view. I didn't test in any professional lab using highly efficient equipments. And the data transfer over wireless depends on many many variables that I didn't have considered during my tests. If anyone did then please share your reports with us.

Test Report Part-2

We three friends (teen_goenda) were frustrated with so called Deshi broadband services. We thought to use unlimited internet provided by Mobile operators in our country. So, we were determined to compare the internet browsing speed and download speed and choose the perfect connection fo us. We have used Grameen phone and Warid Telecom unlimited connection to test and compare their internet speed.

Grameen vs. Warid:

At the very beginning we must say Warid never tried to convince us that they had EDGE in all over Dhaka city. Rather when we contacted Warid help desk, they told us that they had only testing version of EDGE in Gulshan and Bonani. One the other hand Grameen phone help desk told us that they had EDGE tower all over the Dhaka city.

GPRS vs. EDGE:
    Now theoretically GPRS class 10 has download speed of 36-48 kbps (kilo bit per second) or 4-6 KBPS (kilo byte per second).
    On the other hand EDGE class 10 has download speed of 236-247 kbps or (29.5 KBPS- 30.9 KBPS)

Tools:

We have used the following tools for this test-

1. Nokia 6230i (original Made in Finland) - EDGE class 10 supported
    2. Sony ericsson GC89 EDGE modem -EDGE class 10 supported (price ~6,500 tk)
    3. Warid post paid sim with unlimited internet connection. (1000/= monthly)
    4. Grameen post paid sim with unlimited internet connection (1000/= monthly)
    5. Downloader: Flashget 1.71 . We tried to download a 240MB file with resume support.
    6. Browser: Firefox and Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) to measure the browsing speed.

Measurement unit:
    For simplicity we have used kbps or kilobit per second as standard unit of measurement. We know that 8 kilo bit = 1 Kilo byte.

Test Details:

Test Report Part-3

We took it our friends tests and opinions under consideration who had experience using mobile internet of all the mobile companies.

Friend1:
    Mobile phone:
    Nokia N73 "Made by Nokia"
    Operator: Grameen phone unlimited internet connection.
    Data rate: Maximum 88 kbps , minimum 24kbps and average 56-60 kbps.

Friend2:
    Mobile phone: Chinese GPRS USB modem bought from IDB by 6,000 tk one and half years ago.
    Operator: Grameen phone Unlimited conneciton.
    Data rate: Maximum 24kbps , minimum 500bit per second and average 12 kbps.

Friend3:
    Mobile phone: Chinese USB EDGE modem. Bought from IDB by 11,000 tk one years ago.
    Operator: Grameen phone EDGE connection.
    Data rate: Maximum 227 kbps, minimum 120 kbps and average 160 kbps.

Test Report Part-4 (BanglaGamer)

Friend1:
    Mobile phone:
    Sony Ericsson K850
    Operator: Grameenphone
    Data rate: Maximum 320 kbps and average 260 kbps.

Friend2:
    Mobile phone:
    Nokia 5700
    Operator: Grameenphone
    Data rate: Average 280 kbps.

Friend3:
    Mobile phone:
    Nokia 5200
    Operator: Grameenphone P2 Unlimited Internet
    Data rate: Average 200 kbps.

Report & calculation:

Form the experiment we observe that-

• Grameen phone download speed is faster than Warid telecom .
    • Grameen phone Browsing is same or sometimes a bit poorer than Warid telecom.
    • Nokia original Made in Finland provides the best performance among all the mobile phones.
    • "Made by Nokia" (India and China made and sold by Nokia center) phones shows poorer internet performance in the same test.
    • Nokia (Made in Finland) also shows better performance in download (download speed almost double) than dedicated PCMCIA DGE modem Sony Ericsson GC89.

Conclusion:

Nokia (Made in Finland) is the best for internet:
    If you want to buy a cell phone for internet and want to browse smoothly and download Gigabytes of data, then try your best to get a Nokia "made in Finland" EDGE class 10 or higher supported phone. We know from our market survey that "Made in Finland sets" are very rare in the market. If you fail to get a Finland set then go for the Hungary set. We can tell you for sure that Hungary sets shows better performance than "Made by Nokia" India or China made sets.

Dedicated modem only for your laptop:
    Better not to go for Sony Ericsson GC89 or other Chinese modems if you seek highest download speed. However you may not like to carry a phone connected to a laptop for internet. Also if you are on move then The phones power will go down very quickly. So, in that case you can use GC89 or Sony ericsson PC300 (if available in the market). Let me remind you, GC89 has no voice. So, you can't call or receive call using that modem. But you can send and receive sms though.

Avoid Chinese modems:
    Chinese modems have very unstable and poorer performance of all. Only exceptional one Chinese USB modem that one of our friends bought from IDB shows the top performance equivalent to the original finland Nokia mobiles. But we can't tell you for sure exactly which one that modem is. Because we didn't get that modem in the market few months later. However we never recommend those fancy modems. Also you can buy an EDGE class 10 Hungary made Nokia in the same price of those Chinese EDGE modems.

DANGER:NEVER EVER BUY A GPRS MODEM OF ANY BRAND OR NON BRAND. BECAUSE GPRS MODEMS ARE CAPABLE OF PROVIDING HIGHEST 48 KILOBIT PER SECOND. PRCATICALLY WE GOT 24-32 KBPS.

Finally, we say in this way- if you are download freak and/or need 10GB or more data per month and use internet in a fixed place (at home or office etc) then always better to buy a Nokia Made in Finland or Hungary sets with EDGE class 10 support. If you have a laptop and want to use internet on move then go for the PCMCIA sony ericsson GC89 EDGE modem. Avoid buying "Made by Nokia" sets for hardcore internet use. No to any GPRS modem or Chinese EDGE modem.

Disclaimer:
    Our research was not influenced by anyone or any company. We did these tests for choosing the best setup to use internet. We thought the test result may help others, so we publish this result in the net. Our test was very limited, because we had only used 4/5 types of mobiles phones and only two mobile phone companies. But people use lots of different mobile phones from different companies. Also there are 5 mobile operators in our country. More over the internet speed varies time to time and place to place. We alone can not test all those setups since we are not any commercial survey company.

So we hope and encourage you all to test your internet speed in different places in different times and using different mobile phones. Publish your own test results in here in this blog comment. Your feedback and sharing experiences will help others to choose the right stuff for themselves.

Thanks to "fireball003"..
    Last edited by Deep -xCross-; October 30th, 2008 at 11:34.
    seeing is believing..

• xK::CREATOR's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 duo E7200, 2.5 ghz of clockspeed, 3mb of L2 cache, 1033 mhz FSB
      • RAM:
      • 2 gb trancend, 800 mhz bus | Baraite chai, shamortho nai.
      • Hard Drive:
      • samsung 160 gb sata
      • Graphics Card:
      • xfx 8500 GT
      • Display:
      • 17" dell e178wf lcd <--- if it were a ladeh, she would have definitely been my wife.
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in.
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Cosonic.
      • Keyboard:
      • Naah, i am more into guitars..
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Salmosa
      • Controller:
      • None.
      • Power Supply:
      • Delux 450 watt | power tree UPS | Rahim afrooz IPS | Italian power substation
      • Optical Drive:
      • Fibre optic er naam shunsi.. optical drive kya cheese hain ?? :S
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Naah, i'd rather preffer sitting on chairs.
      • Comment:
      • Shobai to shukhi hote chaye.. tobu keu shukhi hoy, keu hoyna.. :'(
      • ISP:
      • Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • 40~
      • Upload Speed:
      • 40~

Default Re: Mobile Internet in Bangladesh

this thread probably should get locked (preserved)...
    Quote Originally Posted by xCross View Post

Friend2:
    Mobile phone: Chinese GPRS USB modem bought from IDB by 6,000 tk one and half years ago.
    Operator: Grameen phone Unlimited conneciton.
    Data rate: Maximum 24kbps , minimum 500bit per second and average 12 kbps.

Friend3:
    Mobile phone: Chinese USB EDGE modem. Bought from IDB by 11,000 tk one years ago.
    Operator: Grameen phone EDGE connection.
    Data rate: Maximum 227 kbps, minimum 120 kbps and average 160 kbps.

But i could not help sharing an experience that i had , actually a friend of mine had, he had bought a USB edge modem but his mobo did not have any usb 2.0 port. So obviously you know what happened. So my point is, you should probably avoid wireless USB modems as their efficiency can de hampered by many variebles. If you are using a desktop pc, there is no harm to use a chunky cell phone as the edge modem. if you own a laptop and dont want a cellphone always hanging to your lappy, then go for citycell's ZOOM.

On that note, i would like to request xCross if he could provide us with some test results which involve the usage of citycells zoom internet connection.

Sola Boot Muri™
    • Deep -xCross-'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ECS G41T-R3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium D E5400 (@2.7Ghz)
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 2GB DDR3 (@1066MHz)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Western Digital Caviar BLACK 1TB & Seagate GoFlex Desk External 3TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire ATi Radeon 5550
      • Display:
      • DELL P2211H 21.5" LED LCD (@1080p)
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Audigy Value 7.1
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative GIGAWORKS T3 / Bose IE2
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • UPS:
      • GreenPower 600VA powered by a 85AH IPS Battery which gives me 3.5hours of backup
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Download Speed:
      • 180-360
      • Upload Speed:
      • 180*360
      • Console:

thats a good idea.. bg teo tou onek mobile internet use kore.. tara eikhane tader result ta dao.. with location, device and data rate.. post take tahole update korte parbo..
    seeing is believing..

ami amar k850 dia ekbar try korsilam...speed 40KBps porjonto uthsilo...but stable thake around 32-34. Amar ek friend o use kore edge...he uses nokia 5700 and gets avg. 35KBps dl speed

Invaluable to your friends and allies, you make good decisions and are always there to support your team. You are practical, supportive, and logical.

Sola Boot Muri™
    • Deep -xCross-'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ECS G41T-R3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium D E5400 (@2.7Ghz)
      • RAM:
      • Transcend 2GB DDR3 (@1066MHz)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Western Digital Caviar BLACK 1TB & Seagate GoFlex Desk External 3TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire ATi Radeon 5550
      • Display:
      • DELL P2211H 21.5" LED LCD (@1080p)
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Audigy Value 7.1
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative GIGAWORKS T3 / Bose IE2
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • UPS:
      • Operating System:
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Download Speed:
      • 180-360
      • Upload Speed:
      • 180*360
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-Rain View Post
    ami amar k850 dia ekbar try korsilam...speed 40KBps porjonto uthsilo...but stable thake around 32-34. Amar ek friend o use kore edge...he uses nokia 5700 and gets avg. 35KBps dl speed
    location and operator?? gp i guess..
    seeing is believing..

VIP Member
    • 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • 6GB (2+4 GB) DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 500GB SATA II 7200RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • NVIDIA GT335M 1GB
      • Display:
      • Primary 11.6", Secondary 20"
      • Controller:
      • Logitech RP2
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • ISP:
      • Qubee
      • Download Speed:
      • 128kBps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 128kBps

hmm i get 200kbps=25kBps most of the times. it is gp edge p2 (unlimited) package. it is truly unlimited, there is not any download limit.. and p2p enabled. location is mirpur-1, modem is nokia5200.
    Last edited by Noob™; October 30th, 2008 at 00:53.

ya gp...amar location to janoi . My frndz in Badda

Invaluable to your friends and allies, you make good decisions and are always there to support your team. You are practical, supportive, and logical.

• TE. JOHN's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT IG3-I
      • CPU:
      • Pentium dual-core inside.2GHZ VER:E32300-001
      • RAM:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung sata- 160 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Nvidia 8800GT ALPHA DOG EDITION-512MB
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17"
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative inspire-4:1
      • Keyboard:
      • A4tech
      • Mouse:
      • Delux-dragon 2000 dpi
      • Comment:
      • :(
      • ISP:
      • Tel net
      • Download Speed:
      • 7-14

Gp may have good dl speed but anyone ever played lagless match online using gp?

Noblesse Oblige
    • CvP's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770K @3.9GHz
      • RAM:
      • GSkill TridentX 2x8GB DDR3 @2400MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 256GB SSD; WD Caviar Black 2TB; Hitachi 250GB; Samsung S3 1.5TB; Hitachi 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 980Ti 6GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17"+22"+22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD Audio <internal>
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 5:1
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • G7
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic X 850W 80Plus Gold
      • Optical Drive:
      • External DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • Logitech Carl Zeiss Tessar HD 1080p Webcam
      • UPS:
      • Mercury 1500VA with Large Lead-Acid Battery
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • Everything packed in a NZXT Phantom 820
      • ISP:
      • Link3/Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by TE.CREATOR View Post
    this thread probably should get locked (preserved)...

But i could not help sharing an experience that i had , actually a friend of mine had, he had bought a USB edge modem but his mobo did not have any usb 2.0 port. So obviously you know what happened. So my point is, you should probably avoid wireless USB modems as their efficiency can de hampered by many variebles. If you are using a desktop pc, there is no harm to use a chunky cell phone as the edge modem. if you own a laptop and dont want a cellphone always hanging to your lappy, then go for citycell's ZOOM.

On that note, i would like to request xCross if he could provide us with some test results which involve the usage of citycells zoom internet connection.
    this article was taken from a certain website.

if you are stupid enough to buy USB devices while you dont even have those ports...:closedeyes:

why should people avoid USB EDGE modems? they are far better than a lot of other things.
    and if you plan to use them ONLY with your laptop, buy a PCMCIA EDGE modem. provided your laptop has a slot. they dont "hang" from your lappy.

on the other hand, ZOOM sucks big time. it has a bandwidth limit which you can hit in 2 or 3 days if you use much.

Quote Originally Posted by TE. JOHN View Post
    Gp may have good dl speed but anyone ever played lagless match online using gp?
    not possible. even if you are lucky enough to have a stable EDGE connection, by EDGE technology definition, you can not have ping below ~150ms (or was that 250??) with the base station.
    that means, you will have at least ~200ms (or 350ms) ping with the host.
    >150ms = noticeable delay.
    The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
    Please do not PM me for support. You will NOT get a reply. Post in the relevant forum section.

• GiDDY_SOUL's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE B350 GAMING 3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 1600
      • RAM:
      • 8GB Corsair Dominator RAM X2
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320GB Samsung F1 X2 RAID + PNY 240GB SSD
      • Graphics Card:
      • HIS R9 290 BIOS undervolt tweaked
      • Display:
      • LG 21.5' IPSHD LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek HD Audio 8CH (Built-in)
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 5.1, Cosonic 775
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech Glaser / GiGABYTE GM-M8000
      • Controller:
      • Xbox360 Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Cosair HX1050
      • Optical Drive:
      • None
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend Jetstore 250GB
      • UPS:
      • None
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • The Best Cost efficient PC of the Time..
      • ISP:
      • Doze
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

With EDGE it isnt possible to get a ping below ~300ms.

I already knew that the bandwidth depended on
    1. The quality of the EDGE modem.
    2. Distance from the Base station and weather

3. Number of users! (Y didnt it strike me b4.. every basestation as a limited number of time slot available!)

Giddy can be traced back to the same Germanic root *gud– that has given us the word God

Noblesse Oblige
    • CvP's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V Delux
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Crucial M4 256GB SSD; WD Caviar Black 2TB; Hitachi 250GB; Samsung S3 1.5TB; Hitachi 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 980Ti 6GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17"+22"+22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • G7
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • External DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Link3/Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

because your are the noobsoul...zzzzz.
    #3 is the MOST important factor.
    Please do not PM me for support. You will NOT get a reply. Post in the relevant forum section.

Speed bhalo hole ping kharap.
    Ping bhalo hole speed kharap.

Er majkhane compromise solution kom. Bepar ta location specific o.

Bhabsilam 3G ashle multiplayer gaming er ekta boom hobe. Apprently ping bottleneck thakle to ta hobe na.

• GiDDY_SOUL's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE B350 GAMING 3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 1600
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • LG 21.5' IPSHD LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Xbox360 Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Cosair HX1050
      • Optical Drive:
      • None
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • None
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Doze
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

With 3G average ping will b reduced to ~ 50-100 ms

Barely playable lagless game ^^

Giddy can be traced back to the same Germanic root *gud– that has given us the word God

Forum Staff
    • aayman's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X370 Gaming Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 1700 @3.7GHz (H100i v2)
      • RAM:
      • 2x8GB Trident Z 3600Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 960 EVO 250GB + SanDisk SSDX 960GB + 1TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 1070 FTW
      • Display:
      • ASUS PG279Q + Dell U2312HM
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Zx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser PC350SE + Phillips SPH9500
      • Keyboard:
      • CM QuickFire Stealth
      • Mouse:
      • FinalMouse Scream One | Logitech G403
      • Controller:
      • Steam Controller
      • Power Supply:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 1703
      • ISP:
      • AmberIT

3G in BD? when?

GiDDY_SOUL,

How are you so sure? 3G-r ki EDGE er moto kono bottleneck nai? Jodio ei jinish ta hole amar cheye khushi kom lok-e hobe (50-100 ms ping).

aayman_farzand bhai,

Ei bochor er prothom 2 quarter er modhdhe bidding shuru korar kotha. 2/3 ta company besh ready ebong network modification kaj shuru-o kore dise 3G er jonno. Amar ektai concern, high speed (D/L, say) doesn't necessarily equate good pings. Aar I really hope 3G doesn't have inbuilt 'minimum' bottlenecks ala EDGE.
    Last edited by MonwarH; February 20th, 2009 at 10:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Noblesse Oblige
    • CvP's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77 V Delux
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • EVGA 980Ti 6GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung 17"+22"+22"
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • G7
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • External DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Link3/Amber IT
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by MonwarH View Post
    GiDDY_SOUL,

How are you so sure? 3G-r ki EDGE er moto kono bottleneck nai? Jodio ei jinish ta hole amar cheye khushi kom lok-e hobe (50-100 ms ping).

aayman_farzand bhai,

Ei bochor er prothom 2 quarter er modhdhe bidding shuru korar kotha. 2/3 ta company besh ready ebong network modification kaj shuru-o kore dise 3G er jonno. Amar ektai concern, high speed (D/L, say) doesn't necessarily equate good pings. Aar I really hope 3G doesn't have inbuilt 'minimum' bottlenecks ala EDGE.
    http://banglagamer.com/forums/f174/w...t432/post59277

Also, no, 3G er ping wont be that good. (~200ms; though the information is unclear)
    Mobile Internet was never developed games in mind.

• GiDDY_SOUL's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE B350 GAMING 3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 1600
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • LG 21.5' IPSHD LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech
      • Mouse:
      • Controller:
      • Xbox360 Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Cosair HX1050
      • Optical Drive:
      • None
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • None
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Doze
      • Download Speed:
      • Upload Speed:

CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Revision A (Rev A)

Rev A is an evolution of CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rel 0 that increases peak rates on reverse and forward links to support a wide-variety of symmetric, delay-sensitive, real-time, and concurrent voice and broadband data applications. It also incorporates OFDM technology to enable multicasting (one-to-many) multimedia content delivery.

Rev. A’s more symmetric uplink speeds enable users to send large files, email with attachments, high resolution photographs and personal videos from their mobile devices. With its low network latency, service tiering with Quality of Service (QoS) and IP-based broadband architecture, Rev A is able to support time-sensitive applications, such as Voice over IP (VoIP), Push-to-Talk (PTT) and video telephony. Rev A was launched in October 2006, and it is the only All-IP, advanced broadband technology commercially deployed today.

Key features of Rev A include:
    Improved broadband speeds : Provides a peak data rate of 3.1 Mbps in the forward link and 1.8 Mbps in the reverse link in a 1.25 MHz FDD carrier. In commercial networks, Rev A achieves average throughput of 450-800 kbps in the forward link and 300-400 kbps in the reverse link
    Higher spectral efficiency : Supports1.2 times Rel 0 forward link sector capacity and3.4 times reverse link sector capacity. Increased rate quantization on both forward and reverse link enables more efficient use air link resources, better network utilization and lower cost of delivery
    Increased Capacity – On both the forward and reverse link, Rev A allows operators to support more users and it improves the cost of delivering voice, data and multimedia services.
    Symmetry – By increasing uplink speeds, Rev A is the first commercially available wireless technology to deliver a true synchronic broadband experience. Symmetry is important for applications where users send packets of data as often as they receive them, such as receiving and sending email with attachments.
    Low latency : The average latency of Rev A is below 50 milliseconds, making it ideal for delay-sensitive applications.
    Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms that support the prioritization and delivery of individual packets based on the type of application or user profile. These mechanisms ensure a consistent, high-quality user experience.
    All-IP: Internet Protocol (IP) is the foundation for CDMA2000 radio access networks. Like 1xEV-DO Rel 0, All-IP Rev A networks provide operators service flexibility and higher bandwidth efficiencies, which translate into greater control and significant cost savings.
    Advanced services : Enables the enhanced performance of real-time broadband, symmetric data link, and delay sensitive services such as VoIP, push-to-talk (PTT), push-to-media (PTM), video conferencing, multicasting, and rich 3D gaming with multiple players.
    Backward compatibility: Rev A networks support existing Rel 0 applications and devices. This backward compatibility preserves an operator’s previous network investments. Rev A it is backwards compatible with 1X and cdmaOne systems through multi-mode devices .

In addition to the air interface techniques used in CDMA2000 1X and 1xEV-DO Rel 0, the following new high-speed packet-switched uplink techniques are incorporated into CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev A:
    Fast Uplink Rate Control – to efficiently control the transmission of mobile devices
    Fast Hybrid ARQ in Uplink – to acknowledge correct receipt of data and retransmit erroneous data
    Incremental Redundancy Feedback in Uplink – to increase the effective data rate in the downlink by terminating the transmission of a packet early if it is decoded earlier than expected
    Uplink Channelization – to enable better control of the uplink data flows
    Short Transmission Time Interval (TTI) – to accelerate the transmission of packets
    HSPA is also a 3G tech and some revisions reduce latency to about 100ms

http://muthophone.blogspot.com/2007/...-test-002.html

ei site theke newa experiment ta rite ??

• EaGL1337's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H55M-S2H in Thermaltake Dokker
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 750, 2.66 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache, Quad Core
      • RAM:
      • 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz (Total 4GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • XFX AMD Radeon 6950 2 GB GDDR5 @ Stock clocks
      • Display:
      • Samsung 943NWPLUS 19 inch widescreen LCD display
      • Sound Card:
      • Integrated Realtek High Definition Audio System
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altech Lansing VS2621 2.1 Speaker System/TT Esports Shock One Gaming Headset
      • Keyboard:
      • A4 Tech multimedia keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • Razer Taipan 4G
      • Power Supply:
      • Delta 550W
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DVD writer 24X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
      • Comment:
      • After the upgrade, this thing kicks a$$!
      • ISP:
      • Link3
      • Download Speed:
      • 64KB before 8PM. 160 KB after 8PM
      • Upload Speed:
      • Same as above
      • Console:

AWESOME experiment bhai. Tho I am not a very big fan of using mobile net.

Global Moderator
    • Codex's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770k
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Sniper 2x8G (9-9-9-24 Kits)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 850 PRO 256G SSD, Geil 512G SSD, HDDs: 2TBx1, 1TBx1, 500Gx1, 165Gx1
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire R9 280x (Dual-x edition)
      • Display:
      • Triple monitors: Samsung S24300B + Dell E2210 x2
      • Sound Card:
      • CEntrance DACport Slim
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Sennheiser HD598 / FLC 8s
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltek Challenger Pro
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech MX Master w/ Razer Goliathus Mid.
      • Controller:
      • Don't have one
      • Power Supply:
      • Inwin 750 watts w/ 80+ Bronze Certification
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW24B3ST
      • USB Devices:
      • 2TB Seagate External USB 3.0 drive
      • UPS:
      • Mercury 1.2KVA
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10 Pro