• generic QWERTY
      • Mouse:
      • A4 6-button
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus combo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP
      • Comment:
      • bought it waaay back in 2006, now it's collecting dust because of my 360
      • ISP:
      • BanglaLion - 1 Mbps unlimited
      • Console:

Default Witcher 2 region issues

So i got the PAL Witcher 2 write disc some time back and that straight up refused to work right at the start, stating that it was the wrong region code (i could've been sure mine was PAL because i don't need a voltage convertor and i bought it in Dhaka but i guess not). Now i got the Playbox copy, which is NTSC-J, but all the menus and stuff are in Japanese or appear in code =, i.e "tutorialtext420", "navigatemenuoptions" etc. and the controls don't seem to be responding. what should i do? at this point, i would buy the original, but i'm not sure what region to get and if it would be available in Dhaka. FYI no other game in the 5 years that i've had an xbox 360 has given me this problem. every playbox game i bought so far worked fine...

any GOOD advice would be greatly appreciated...
    wait - you can get on Live from BD? WTF? why did everyone tell me that's impossible? OMFG - all the missed racism, homophobia, tea-bagging and gloating! it's like i never had a 360 at all

• [email protected]'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97x-UD3H-BK
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690k OC to 4.5Ghz
      • RAM:
      • G Skill 16 GB DDR3 2200MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD + 2 TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Geforce 970 4GB
      • Display:
      • Asus 21.5 inch IPS monitor
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Audioengine A2 plus Dayton 8 inch subwoofer
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500s
      • Controller:
      • Original Microsoft Xbox One wired controller
      • Power Supply:
      • EVGA G2 750W 80 plus Gold
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by CAARaeed View Post
    So i got the PAL Witcher 2 write disc some time back and that straight up refused to work right at the start, stating that it was the wrong region code (i could've been sure mine was PAL because i don't need a voltage convertor and i bought it in Dhaka but i guess not). Now i got the Playbox copy, which is NTSC-J, but all the menus and stuff are in Japanese or appear in code =, i.e "tutorialtext420", "navigatemenuoptions" etc. and the controls don't seem to be responding. what should i do? at this point, i would buy the original, but i'm not sure what region to get and if it would be available in Dhaka. FYI no other game in the 5 years that i've had an xbox 360 has given me this problem. every playbox game i bought so far worked fine...

any GOOD advice would be greatly appreciated...
    did u try changing the language settings in game settings?

Since the PAL version did not run, I am sure your xbox is NTSC console. PAL or NTSC doesnt depend on power connector. Japanese consoles are NTSC also but they run on 220V.

What you can do is download the game and then burn it on your own. That would be the safest bet. I used to do it a lot of times to avoid this mess.

• CAARaeed's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel D945GNT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium 4, 3 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • 4 Gb DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • 350 GB SATA
      • Graphics Card:
      • BFG Tech Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT overclocked
      • Display:
      • 17" Phillips
      • Sound Card:
      • motherboard built-in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • generic 2.1
      • Keyboard:
      • generic QWERTY
      • Mouse:
      • A4 6-button
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus combo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Console:

i figured it was NTSC-J, but then i should have been able to change the language settings (which i can't) and the menus should not be messed up. the in-game menus and tutorial messages only show up as "tutmsg432" and "useequipsilversword". WTF? that's not supposed to happen if both the console and game are the same region (in this case NTSC-J). i would download and burn it, but what's to say i won't end up with the same result? i tried a disc from dragon, that was entirely in Japanese (and i couldn't change the setting - the language refused to change even though it was not greyed out) and the disc from SoF has these weird source code things showing up instead of any language at all...
    i think the cracked copy itself is bad, and the results vary depending on who burned the discs.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

first off i'm sorry for being so persistent and irritating, but i like being thorough. so sue me. i don't want to run the risk of screwing myself over later because i wasn't completely sure of what was going on.

see what confuses me is that if both the console and the game are in NTSC/J, then i shouldn't be getting weird programming code instead of actual in-game text. that doesn't make sense. also, i should be able to go to the menu and change the language settings (i tried, but the slider refuses to move). the copy i got from Dragon was entirely in Japanese (and the language could not be changed) whereas the copy from SoF had the weird code things like "useequipsteelsword" "navmenuoptions" and "tutmsg342" instead of any actual sensible text. why should that be? that's ridiculous. and why is it that when i went to language settings and tried to change it, it refused to move? i am beginning to think that the NTSC copy that's available for download that everyone's getting is corrupted somehow. otherwise it doesn't make sense...

if i can get my hands on a proper NTSC copy, then that should be the cheapest option out of this, i think.
    question is - where do i get a "proper" NTSC/J copy? i doubt the stores here are going to get another shipment.

now i can either wait for a proper NTSC rip to show up (i'm quite convinced the one being sold here is broken) or i can get the region on my console changed to PAL and burn a PAL write disc - which will render all the other games here unplayable (the playbox games are mostly NTSC/J right?) or i can wait a few weeks for RGH2, but i don't know if i want to wait that long or pay that much...

god damn &%^$#*@! Micro$oft.
    wait - you can get on Live from BD? WTF? why did everyone tell me that's impossible? OMFG - all the missed racism, homophobia, tea-bagging and gloating! it's like i never had a 360 at all

• [email protected]'s Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97x-UD3H-BK
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4690k OC to 4.5Ghz
      • RAM:
      • G Skill 16 GB DDR3 2200MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD + 2 TB WD Black
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Geforce 970 4GB
      • Display:
      • Asus 21.5 inch IPS monitor
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Audioengine A2 plus Dayton 8 inch subwoofer
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G500s
      • Controller:
      • Original Microsoft Xbox One wired controller
      • Power Supply:
      • EVGA G2 750W 80 plus Gold
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64

i figured it was NTSC-J, but then i should have been able to change the language settings (which i can't) and the menus should not be messed up. the in-game menus and tutorial messages only show up as "tutmsg432" and "useequipsilversword". WTF? that's not supposed to happen if both the console and game are the same region (in this case NTSC-J). i would download and burn it, but what's to say i won't end up with the same result? i tried a disc from dragon, that was entirely in Japanese (and i couldn't change the setting - the language refused to change even though it was not greyed out) and the disc from SoF has these weird source code things showing up instead of any language at all...
    i think the cracked copy itself is bad, and the results vary depending on who burned the discs.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

first off i'm sorry for being so persistent and irritating, but i like being thorough. so sue me. i don't want to run the risk of screwing myself over later because i wasn't completely sure of what was going on.

see what confuses me is that if both the console and the game are in NTSC/J, then i shouldn't be getting weird programming code instead of actual in-game text. that doesn't make sense. also, i should be able to go to the menu and change the language settings (i tried, but the slider refuses to move). the copy i got from Dragon was entirely in Japanese (and the language could not be changed) whereas the copy from SoF had the weird code things like "useequipsteelsword" "navmenuoptions" and "tutmsg342" instead of any actual sensible text. why should that be? that's ridiculous. and why is it that when i went to language settings and tried to change it, it refused to move? i am beginning to think that the NTSC copy that's available for download that everyone's getting is corrupted somehow. otherwise it doesn't make sense...

if i can get my hands on a proper NTSC copy, then that should be the cheapest option out of this, i think.
    question is - where do i get a "proper" NTSC/J copy? i doubt the stores here are going to get another shipment.

now i can either wait for a proper NTSC rip to show up (i'm quite convinced the one being sold here is broken) or i can get the region on my console changed to PAL and burn a PAL write disc - which will render all the other games here unplayable (the playbox games are mostly NTSC/J right?) or i can wait a few weeks for RGH2, but i don't know if i want to wait that long or pay that much...

god damn &%^$#*@! Micro$oft.
    NTSC-U discs (american discs) also run on NTSC-J consoles.

Why dont you download the NTSC english version available on torrent sites and burn it ???? I am pretty much sure it will work.

The market probably has the Japanese version or a bad ripped version and so the languages seem funny.

Witcher 2 NTSC/J english version is available to ehsan vaia .. Had to wait for it but today got it ..

• CAARaeed's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel D945GNT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium 4, 3 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • 4 Gb DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • 350 GB SATA
      • Graphics Card:
      • BFG Tech Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT overclocked
      • Display:
      • 17" Phillips
      • Sound Card:
      • motherboard built-in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • generic 2.1
      • Keyboard:
      • generic QWERTY
      • Mouse:
      • A4 6-button
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus combo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP
      • Comment:
      • ISP:
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by MW3 View Post
    Witcher 2 NTSC/J english version is available to ehsan vaia .. Had to wait for it but today got it ..
    wait, a good NTSC-J english version? if that works, then a thousand thankyous to you MW3

wait, a good NTSC-J english version? if that works, then a thousand thankyous to you MW3
    It definitely works as im playing right now ! U can get the ISO from here http://www.xbox360iso.com/multi6-witcher-2-t582562.html .. Just register nd u can see its NTSC/J English ...

vaia witcher2 english version ta lt3 te khelar kono wayy paisen?? :/

Quote Originally Posted by tapos View Post
    vaia witcher2 english version ta lt3 te khelar kono wayy paisen?? :/
    Darkness 2 er por shob game LT3 te release hoise .. Amar Witcher 2 tao LT3 and also english !

Quote Originally Posted by MW3 View Post
    Darkness 2 er por shob game LT3 te release hoise .. Amar Witcher 2 tao LT3 and also english !
    kotha theke kinsen vai?? japanese chara ar kono version ekhono pailam na lt3 te... :/

Quote Originally Posted by tapos View Post
    kotha theke kinsen vai?? japanese chara ar kono version ekhono pailam na lt3 te... :/
    Visit this page http://www.facebook.com/techmology OR call ehsan vaia at this number : 01713022444 and request for the game hopefully he still got the iso ..