User Tag List

Thread: Suggestions wanted for PC build guide.

Default Suggestions wanted for PC build guide.

Hello forum members,

I haven't been into the desktop build scene for quite a long time now, therefore calling me a noob wouldn't be exaggerating. At work desktop(basic) is provided by the firm and my personal laptop gpu more or less considered "british era" model by now.

Would appreciate the insights of experienced brothers and sisters to help me with a build of 39-41k at max. Im mostly a moderate gamer, sticking to modest titles like war thunder on steam and men of war(non-steam, cause other priorities) and cities skylines...and light graphics designing ranging from illustrator to photoshop.

Monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers not required... just the cpu. Ohh and please, i want what the new gen gamers have nowadays, the batti ola disco disco casing(see through windowed ones preferred) cause of the asthetics...

Sime of my concerns:

Some of those casings i looked up come with pre installed psu, are those reliable enough?

Difference between 1050ti vs 1050ti oc negligible?

Do any 1050ti non oc variants come with dual fans?

Suggest me a motherboard that has an on board hdmi, lower the cluster of wires the better.

Thanks for going through the post, Looking forward to the discussion and replies.
    Cheers.

• sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • samsung 18.5inch (1360X768)
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 2:1 / monk plus
      • Keyboard:
      • a4tech normal keyboard KR-83
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Who use this nowadays Anyway?
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps

g4560 4.8k
    gigabyte b150 6.5k
    8gb ddr4 5k
    zotac gtx 1050ti 13.5k(oc is better as it has faster clock speed, dual fan is better as it ensures the temperature on games like witcher 3 which murders every gpus like Friday 13's jason)

cm590 5.5k (you can use disting disting lighting along with adding some extra rgb cooler fans which will cost you 2k each) / cheaper options bitfinx snow or deepcool teseract / sunteck/ armagaddon/duke 3-4k

cm b400w v2 4k

total :40k

• Iskander's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
      • RAM:
      • 8(2x4GB) Corsair Value DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Radeon R7 250 1GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung S19S350HNW IPS
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • WK WI300
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • A4 Tech N-70FX
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M 80PLUS Bronze
      • USB Devices:
      • 500GB Samisung External HDD
      • UPS:
      • Prolink 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro, Linux Mint (Dual Boot)
      • ISP:
      • Asianet BD
      • Download Speed:
      • 6Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 6Mbps

Intel Pentium G4560 3.50GHz 4.8K (similiar performance as 6th gen i3)
    Gigabyte GA-B250M-HD3 7.2K (any cheapest B150 or B250 mobo will do)
    8GB DDR4 2400MHz ram 5K (any brand, but avoid transcend,goldkey,apacer)
    Toshiba 1TB 7200rpm HDD 3.6K (cheapest 1TB + I own one)
    Thermaltake TR2 S 450W 3.8K (80+ white)
    Leadtek/Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB 13.5/14K (cheapest)
    Deepcool D-Shield Casing 2.9K (cheapest acrylic side panel model with good looking)
    Total=40.9K
    Last edited by Iskander; June 29th, 2017 at 01:34.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    zotac gtx 1050ti 13.5k(oc is better as it has faster clock speed, dual fan is better as it ensures the temperature on games like witcher 3 which murders every gpus like Friday 13's jason)

I have been looking on different sites afaik, the zotac mini is 13.5k while the oc 4gb ones is 15.2k...

Do i get to negotiate at the shops? Which outlet would you prefer? Since you're more in tune with the happenings in this market.
    I've heard some disturbing teviews on ryan's after sales service.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iskander View Post
    Thermaltake TR2 S 450W 3.8K (80+ white)
    Leadtek/Zotac GTX 1050Ti 4GB 13.5/14K (cheapest)

Brother how's this leadtek you talk about, is it reliable enough? I haven't heard of it, in fact im new to zotac as well, but going with zotac since both of you guys recommended it and saw number of benchmarks of zotac gpus on youtube.

Which outlets would you prefer to buy your gear from? Ohh and zotac 4gb oc is around 15.2k i guess price varies from one outlet to another.

• sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
    I have been looking on different sites afaik, the zotac mini is 13.5k while the oc 4gb ones is 15.2k...

Do i get to negotiate at the shops? Which outlet would you prefer? Since you're more in tune with the happenings in this market.

- - - Updated - - -

Brother how's this leadtek you talk about, is it reliable enough? I haven't heard of it, in fact im new to zotac as well, but going with zotac since both of you guys recommended it and saw number of benchmarks of zotac gpus on youtube.

Which outlets would you prefer to buy your gear from? Ohh and zotac 4gb oc is around 15.2k i guess price varies from one outlet to another.

i never suggest people to buy from one shop rather i think it is better to buy parts from different stores specially for the gpu and psu you will get different prices from different outlets. you can visit binary logic , startech , osgs and ask them how much they are willing to negotiate with your budget and calculate your best deals and choose one . the thing about the price in website and the store always differs as most of the time in website they shows higher price than the actual one and you can negotiate like 500-1k depends on the products in shops so use your negotiation skills and choose the best deal

Sadly the games you mentioned like cities skylines, war thunder are VERY cpu intensive, a simple g4560 won't suffice you need unlocked i5 or ryzen5 for them. I am g4560 user myself but couldn't play crysis 3 due to the stutter g4560 makes.

Quote Originally Posted by FCIP1 View Post
    Sadly the games you mentioned like cities skylines, war thunder are VERY cpu intensive, a simple g4560 won't suffice you need unlocked i5 or ryzen5 for them. I am g4560 user myself but couldn't play crysis 3 due to the stutter g4560 makes.
    You'd be surprised to know that, my core i3 2nd gen laptop coupled with gforce 710m, 2.3ghz with hyperthreading managed to play War thunder and even cities skylines as late as 2015. War thunder after their mid 2015 update was glitchy, hence i stopped. Cities skylines manages decently well on lowest until i expand.

The final nail in the coffin is, that some point an old laptop cant really push the limits like it used to when it was out of the box. I even managed to get Far cry 4 and battlefield 4 running on the laptop but it had alot inconsistencies and jagged edges but was still workable.

I dont really fancy the 1080p gaming(beggars cant be choosers) although i think i could, push the system with the above mentioned specs if i bump up the ram to 16gb (in future )but 720p 0r 760p is enough for starters. I did look up on youtube, and g4560 coupled with 1050ti did pretty well for titles like battlefield 1 and others, so i assumed WT would be ok too.

- - - Updated - - -

i never suggest people to buy from one shop rather i think it is better to buy parts from different stores specially for the gpu and psu you will get different prices from different outlets. you can visit binary logic , startech , osgs and ask them how much they are willing to negotiate with your budget and calculate your best deals and choose one . the thing about the price in website and the store always differs as most of the time in website they shows higher price than the actual one and you can negotiate like 500-1k depends on the products in shops so use your negotiation skills and choose the best deal
    Thanks for the insights brother!

Btw the downside to buying from different shops is that if one or more component/s gets fried
    I'll have to run from one end of the city to another to claim. Then there's the nail biting task of assembling the cpu, where as if i do get them from a one stop shop, i could just demand them to install everything. What.do you recon?

• Iskander's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
      • RAM:
      • 8(2x4GB) Corsair Value DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Radeon R7 250 1GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung S19S350HNW IPS
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • WK WI300
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • A4 Tech N-70FX
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M 80PLUS Bronze
      • USB Devices:
      • 500GB Samisung External HDD
      • UPS:
      • Prolink 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro, Linux Mint (Dual Boot)
      • ISP:
      • Asianet BD
      • Download Speed:
      • 6Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 6Mbps

- - - Updated - - -

Zotac is the sister company of Sapphire & Leadtek is popular brand in Southeast Asian market.
    For around 2K more you are getting 2-3fps increase but with better cooling(zotac mini vs OC).
    Though I prefer to buy random parts from random shops, but if you willing to take your whole setup from single shop, then BinaryLogicBD of IDB is my first choice.

I am g4560 user myself but couldn't play crysis 3 due to the stutter g4560 makes.
    Were u on high settings or low? FHD?

Im hoping it'll work on 720 at least. Wont be spending more than 41k on a cpu. Maybe I'll have to stick with AoE rise of rome 😂

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iskander View Post
    Zotac is the sister company of Sapphire & Leadtek is popular brand in Southeast Asian market.
    For around 2K more you are getting 2-3fps increase but with better cooling(zotac mini vs OC).
    Though I prefer to buy random parts from random shops, but if you willing to take your whole setup from single shop, then BinaryLogicBD of IDB is my first choice.
    Thanks brother. (Y)

Max settings with rx 480 in 768p(wide)

It's not my video card either,other reviews say this can hold pretty good in 720p and in closed corridors I got like 100 fps but in open jungle areas it goes to 30. Now notice here, if it was always 30 it wouldn't be much of a problem but one second it gets to 60 then next seconds dips down to 30, now that will give you real headaches. And turns off your gaming mood completely.

If you really are that desperate maybe buy a used i5-2500k system, they are pretty cheap with ddr3 ram.

i5-2500K+z77+cooler should be 16-17k, buy used ddr3 8gb ram within 3k and cheap case.

- - - Updated - - -

Also another thing, imo it's just better to work with 720p/768/900p- basically old monitors and buy 4k monitors in three-four years future rather getting a 60hz 1080p one. If you are gettings 144hz probably that's a worthy upgrade, but any less than that is kinda meh. With xbox X 'targeting' 4k and play station 5 would also be aiming for the same standards, pretty sure prices of 4k monitors will downhill.
    Last edited by FCIP1; June 29th, 2017 at 23:16.

• sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps

It's not my video card either,other reviews say this can hold pretty good in 720p and in closed corridors I got like 100 fps but in open jungle areas it goes to 30. Now notice here, if it was always 30 it wouldn't be much of a problem but one second it gets to 60 then next seconds dips down to 30, now that will give you real headaches. And turns off your gaming mood completely.

If you really are that desperate maybe buy a used i5-2500k system, they are pretty cheap with ddr3 ram.

i5-2500K+z77+cooler should be 16-17k, buy used ddr3 8gb ram within 3k and cheap case.

- - - Updated - - -

Also another thing, imo it's just better to work with 720p/768/900p- basically old monitors and buy 4k monitors in three-four years future rather getting a 60hz 1080p one. If you are gettings 144hz probably that's a worthy upgrade, but any less than that is kinda meh. With xbox X 'targeting' 4k and play station 5 would also be aiming for the same standards, pretty sure prices of 4k monitors will downhill.
    don't suggest people to go backward . this is true that dual core can't hold up with the pace like quad cores but still he will be getting a faster memory which is ddr4 , new features like nvme and opten support as well as driver supports for the upcoming os which might release 2-3 years later from now on . indeed the old setup feels appealing now but buying something 5 years or more old without any warranty is the worst suggestion one can ever give to a new buyer and also after ryzen 3 release many people might sell off their 6th 7th gen i5s at cheaper price and then it will still have room to upgrade to higher hardware as well
    Last edited by sensei; June 30th, 2017 at 00:29.

don't suggest people to go backward hardware this is true that dual core can't hold up with the pace like quad cores but still he will be getting a faster memory which is ddr4 , new features like nvme and opten support as well as driver supports for the upcoming os which might release 2-3 years later from now on . indeed the old setup feels appealing now but buying something 5 years or more old without any warranty is the worst suggestion one can ever give to a new buyer
    G4560 has no optane support, and I don't think he needs to bother with nvme. But yeah I get your point if you want that peace of mind warranty papers go get new parts. And memory frequency has like 1% impact on fps.

- - - Updated - - -

For me in WT its was kind of the opposite, mainly cause i turned the particle quality and density lowest, shadows lowest, grass and shrubbery lowest, water quality and reflections lowest. So in open spaces i didnt have above 30 but pretty stable. But in urban areas likr poland and berling, i had a very difficult time because of buildings, objects, craters, trenches and other stuff.

Wont be getting 2nd hand bro, especially components, even if it means that i might be stuck with a above average cpu. If one goes it might have a domino effect. I will look into upgradablity in the future. The only thing that i might opt for as used is a case(if it has the provision for disco disco batti and acrylic glass).

Already have a 1080p monitor using it with laptop. So thats all taken care of.

I was assuming if i go with the b150/250 it will be future proof for 2-3 years down the road. But then again tech is evolving fast, it was only in 2009 that gforce 200 series came put, now its 1000..

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

don't suggest people to go backward . this is true that dual core can't hold up with the pace like quad cores but still he will be getting a faster memory which is ddr4 , new features like nvme and opten support as well as driver supports for the upcoming os which might release 2-3 years later from now on . indeed the old setup feels appealing now but buying something 5 years or more old without any warranty is the worst suggestion one can ever give to a new buyer and also after ryzen 3 release many people might sell off their 6th 7th gen i5s at cheaper price and then it will still have room to upgrade to higher hardware as well
    Is rayzen like the new Amd or something? Either way, its sounds way out of my budget.

• sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps

G4560 has no optane support, and I don't think he needs to bother with nvme. But yeah I get your point if you want that peace of mind warranty papers go get new parts. And memory frequency has like 1% impact on fps.
    the ryzen and kabylake recent unites have shown huge impacts on higher memories like 2400 bus compared to 3000bus has almost 10% performance difference . note that i am not talking about the right now situation rather focusing on future upgrade possibilities

- - - Updated - - -

For me in WT its was kind of the opposite, mainly cause i turned the particle quality and density lowest, shadows lowest, grass and shrubbery lowest, water quality and reflections lowest. So in open spaces i didnt have above 30 but pretty stable. But in urban areas likr poland and berling, i had a very difficult time because of buildings, objects, craters, trenches and other stuff.

Wont be getting 2nd hand bro, especially components, even if it means that i might be stuck with a above average cpu. If one goes it might have a domino effect. I will look into upgradablity in the future. The only thing that i might opt for as used is a case(if it has the provision for disco disco batti and acrylic glass).

Already have a 1080p monitor using it with laptop. So thats all taken care of.

I was assuming if i go with the b150/250 it will be future proof for 2-3 years down the road. But then again tech is evolving fast, it was only in 2009 that gforce 200 series came put, now its 1000..

- - - Updated - - -

Is rayzen like the new Amd or something? Either way, its sounds way out of my budget.

yah ryzen is something which focused on mid range market which is unfortunately can't be covered with your budget and slightly expensive in bangladeshi market . if you can exceed the budget atleast 50k then you might have the chance to have ryzen which is kinda balanced and more future proof. by the way i am pretty much sure you can play any games with high settings on g4560 might bottleneck a little on games like gta 5 or battlefield 1 but those are exceptional situation but other than that i don't think g4560 would be a bad cpu by any means
    Last edited by sensei; June 30th, 2017 at 14:42.

the ryzen and kabylake recent unites have shown huge impacts on higher memories like 2400 bus compared to 3000bus has almost 10% performance difference . note that i am not talking about the right now situation rather focusing on future upgrade possibilities

- - - Updated - - -

yah ryzen is something which focused on mid range market which is unfortunately can't be covered with your budget and slightly expensive in bangladeshi market . if you can exceed the budget atleast 50k then you might have the chance to have ryzen which is kinda balanced and more future proof. by the way i am pretty much sure you can play any games with high settings on g4560 might bottleneck a little on games like gta 5 or battlefield 1 but those are exceptional situation but other than that i don't think g4560 would be a bad cpu by any means
    For the timebeing, the current system will hopefully be able to pull off the job. Maybe in the next 2-3 years when i might upgrade to ryzen or i5/7s if their prices drop accordingly. Lets see how well ryzen stands against the trials of time snd usage.

Thanks once again for all the valuable insights, really helped me make a decision.

Have a great week.
    Good hunting.