User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Buying a new GPU; 580/1070/Vega ?

Default Buying a new GPU; 580/1070/Vega ?

So my R9 290 dies after 3 years a few days ago. When I press the power button; the fan starts a bit but nothing happens; no light, nothing. Pc is working fine without GPU. I think its 'short'. This happened 2 years back but I had warranty then. But now I don't. So I am screwed, I guess. Anyhow to fix this ?
    Basically I have written this to my gone book and want to buy a new gpu. I play on 1080p. I think the 580 is just enough to max out games at 1080p. But it's not future-proof. Its already struggling sometimes on current games; and I think within 2 years I will have to play in Low for a constant 60 fps. Then comes the 1070. A beast but expensive. There is a Gigabyte Winforce 1070 OC version priced at 38.5K at Starech and I think it's the cheapest one. Also, how future-proof id 1070 ? Compare 970 and 1070. Also Vega is launching before June; probably be announced on 30th May. I am pretty sure I wont be able to afford Vega but Vega should cause a price drop in current cards, right ? Specially if nvidia wants to compete. But will those price drop affect here in BD ? Also rumor says nvidia is preparing refreshed pascal or some even say an early Volta release for 2017.I know if I keep waiting, I will be kept waiting forever. Still I want to hit the sweet spot between power, availability and price. Pascal is already one year old but I cant buy newly released card because of price.
    Suggestions, please ?

Future Proof doesn't mean ¤¤¤¤- you can spend 25k for the rx 580 and max out on most games @1080p. If you spend 44K for the 1070 that means you are spending 19K more which you can use to get another mid range card again in two years (when the rx 480 stops performing). Vega will most likely compete with 1070/1080/1080ti so I think you should not wait and buy the card already!

Quote Originally Posted by FCIP1 View Post
    Future Proof doesn't mean ¤¤¤¤- you can spend 25k for the rx 580 and max out on most games @1080p. If you spend 44K for the 1070 that means you are spending 19K more which you can use to get another mid range card again in two years (when the rx 480 stops performing). Vega will most likely compete with 1070/1080/1080ti so I think you should not wait and buy the card already!
    u meant 480 for 25k ? pcworld indeed sells one with 3 years warranty. but 580 seems to perform better than 480.

For 1080p ,1070 level card will be future proof but At this moment playing games without gsync or free sync is really not worthy after spending so much money .so your only option is to wait for vega & buy a free sync monitor to actually make your investment worth .Also don't forget importance of monitor playing 1080p on a 21 inch monitor isn't worth with a 1070 level card ,so maybe look for a ballance between this two .As Monitor is what give us the real feel .So maybe buy a ultra wide monitor (which will also come in reduced price in june ) .so maybe sacrifice on card & increase budget on monitor to build the ultimate setup .

Quote Originally Posted by djrock View Post
    For 1080p ,1070 level card will be future proof but At this moment playing games without gsync or free sync is really not worthy after spending so much money .so your only option is to wait for vega & buy a free sync monitor to actually make your investment worth .Also don't forget importance of monitor playing 1080p on a 21 inch monitor isn't worth with a 1070 level card ,so maybe look for a ballance between this two .As Monitor is what give us the real feel .So maybe buy a ultra wide monitor (which will also come in reduced price in june ) .so maybe sacrifice on card & increase budget on monitor to build the ultimate setup .
    thank you for your comment. but i can't afford a monitor nor a build now. my gpu is dead and i am in need of one. my point is the cheapest 1070 is 38k. when vega comes out which will be out of my budget of course; nvidia will reduce the price of their 10 series card; that means a cheaper 1070; but would that occur in bd ? or i just better of buying an 580 right now ? also, why in june monitors price will be reduced ?

• sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • samsung 18.5inch (1360X768)
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 2:1 / monk plus , KZ ate HiFi
      • Keyboard:
      • a4tech normal keyboard KR-83
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Who use this nowadays Anyway?
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps

get the 1070 period!! waiting for vega is waste of time eventually they will make something competing 1070 or 1080 anyway nothing less but bit faster

Quote Originally Posted by Swagata View Post
    thank you for your comment. but i can't afford a monitor nor a build now. my gpu is dead and i am in need of one. my point is the cheapest 1070 is 38k. when vega comes out which will be out of my budget of course; nvidia will reduce the price of their 10 series card; that means a cheaper 1070; but would that occur in bd ? or i just better of buying an 580 right now ? also, why in june monitors price will be reduced ?
    You should buy a rx 480 for 1080p ,future proofing is for ultimate performance(which is not much different than not so ultimate peformanc) which you dont' need ,Also whats the point of spening 40k in a hardware which has life span of 2-3 years .its better to distribute the investment on two part .Better monitor & Mid level GPU .So you get better of both world .1070 won't make 1080p look better ,but a rx 480 & Good Gaming Monitor will .So don't invest in anything which will not show real visual benefit with that tiny monitor of yours .

Let just say some one who will spend 27k on a 27 inch monitor with a 19k rx 480 ,will have better gaming Enjoyment than You with a 1070 on a 21inch monitor .So spend wise ,it will change how you see/feel gaming .

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    get the 1070 period!! waiting for vega is waste of time eventually they will make something competing 1070 or 1080 anyway nothing less but bit faster
    i just wanna wait for vega so that the price drops. i wont be able to afford vega.

- - - Updated - - -

You should buy a rx 480 for 1080p ,future proofing is for ultimate performance(which is not much different than not so ultimate peformanc) which you dont' need ,Also whats the point of spening 40k in a hardware which has life span of 2-3 years .its better to distribute the investment on two part .Better monitor & Mid level GPU .So you get better of both world .1070 won't make 1080p look better ,but a rx 480 & Good Gaming Monitor will .So don't invest in anything which will not show real visual benefit with that tiny monitor of yours .

Let just say some one who will spend 27k on a 27 inch monitor with a 19k rx 480 ,will have better gaming Enjoyment than You with a 1070 on a 21inch monitor .So spend wise ,it will change how you see/feel gaming .
    i understand your point but monitor plus 480 would cost me 46k. cant afford that. i use lg 22ea6cv and i am content with it. a 27 inch with 1080p is same for me. for what u mention; i should get a 1440p or 1080p 144hz with freesynch etc etc thats not possible for me. i just need a gpu to run games. u say 1070 has a lifespan of 2-3 years. i can max games during this time. can i do this with 480? after one year; i will need to play in low to achieve 60fps. gigabyte winforce 1070 is 38k. i think i can afford that. again there is 580 which is 29k; slightly better than 480; can handle 1080p pretty well right now. but what about those upcoming aaa games in 1/2 years ? i am looking for suggestions from different people and thank you for your insight. i understand ur point but a monitor is a definitely no go for me currently. it's either 570/580/1070. all i want to know; that vega will be released in 2 months and will be in bd by july. will there be a price drop ? i dont intend to buy vega. buti it should lower the price of other cards.

So my R9 290 dies after 3 years a few days ago. When I press the power button; the fan starts a bit but nothing happens; no light, nothing. Pc is working fine without GPU. I think its 'short'. This happened 2 years back but I had warranty then. But now I don't. So I am screwed, I guess. Anyhow to fix this ?
    Basically I have written this to my gone book and want to buy a new gpu. I play on 1080p. I think the 580 is just enough to max out games at 1080p. But it's not future-proof. Its already struggling sometimes on current games; and I think within 2 years I will have to play in Low for a constant 60 fps. Then comes the 1070. A beast but expensive. There is a Gigabyte Winforce 1070 OC version priced at 38.5K at Starech and I think it's the cheapest one. Also, how future-proof id 1070 ? Compare 970 and 1070. Also Vega is launching before June; probably be announced on 30th May. I am pretty sure I wont be able to afford Vega but Vega should cause a price drop in current cards, right ? Specially if nvidia wants to compete. But will those price drop affect here in BD ? Also rumor says nvidia is preparing refreshed pascal or some even say an early Volta release for 2017.I know if I keep waiting, I will be kept waiting forever. Still I want to hit the sweet spot between power, availability and price. Pascal is already one year old but I cant buy newly released card because of price.
    Suggestions,please ?
    did u get your warranty 2 years back?

• Iskander's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
      • RAM:
      • 8(2x4GB) Corsair Value DDR3 1600MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Radeon R7 250 1GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung S19S350HNW IPS
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • WK WI300
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • A4 Tech N-70FX
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M 80PLUS Bronze
      • USB Devices:
      • 500GB Samisung External HDD
      • UPS:
      • Prolink 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro, Linux Mint (Dual Boot)
      • ISP:
      • Asianet BD
      • Download Speed:
      • 6Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 6Mbps

Get the cheapest GTX 1070 (for future proofing sense). Dont be bothered with RX 480/580

i understand your point but monitor plus 480 would cost me 46k. cant afford that. i use lg 22ea6cv and i am content with it. a 27 inch with 1080p is same for me. for what u mention; i should get a 1440p or 1080p 144hz with freesynch etc etc thats not possible for me. i just need a gpu to run games. u say 1070 has a lifespan of 2-3 years. i can max games during this time. can i do this with 480? after one year; i will need to play in low to achieve 60fps. gigabyte winforce 1070 is 38k. i think i can afford that. again there is 580 which is 29k; slightly better than 480; can handle 1080p pretty well right now. but what about those upcoming aaa games in 1/2 years ? i am looking for suggestions from different people and thank you for your insight. i understand ur point but a monitor is a definitely no go for me currently. it's either 570/580/1070. all i want to know; that vega will be released in 2 months and will be in bd by july. will there be a price drop ? i dont intend to buy vega. buti it should lower the price of other cards.
    You can afford the(Monitor +gpu) setup if you sell your current monitor at 6-7k ,i feel for 1080p investing on a 38k gpu is a waste of money as you don't have any wish to buy 144 hz or 1440p monitor .Gaming industry work different way .So Developer will always make their game playable for 1080p mid level card users .Yes early release games are not optimized that is why it can't even run 60 fps with 1070 but after few months even 480 level card can play those games at 60 fps(mirror edge) .

I feel as you can buy a 480 for 19k so spending another 19k for a 10% boost performance is a waste of money .wait for more price drop yes price will drop more when Vega will be released .30k 1070 will be a good burgain though BD market generally drop price when ppl stop buying their 25% price hike compare to int market .

Quote Originally Posted by Nirob69 View Post
    did u get your warranty 2 years back?
    yes, i got replacement card 2 years back. it was just 20 days before my warrant end period. i got extremely lucky. but the replacement card lasted only for 1 year. both same problem. i wonder id its my system/psu or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iskander View Post
    Get the cheapest GTX 1070 (for future proofing sense). Dont be bothered with RX 480/580
    i also tink so; but how much futureproof is 970 now ?

• VANGUARD's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 GAMING M5
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 8700K
      • RAM:
      • Team Xtreem 4133MHz 2x8GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Zotac SSD 480GB Premium + Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp! Extreme
      • Display:
      • ASUS VX24AH, 1440p
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek ALC1220
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab M-910/Logitech UE 200vm
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair STRAFE-CherryRED
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G602 @Tt Pyrrhus
      • Controller:
      • Xbox One Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec EDGE 650w
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH-224FB
      • USB Devices:
      • Everything
      • UPS:
      • Micro UVL-1500 Long Backup
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Comment:
      • The workhorse
      • ISP:
      • TheNetHeads
      • Download Speed:
      • 5 mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 5 mbps

@swag Get a 1080Ti. Preferably Zotac 1080 Amp! Extreme

You can afford the(Monitor +gpu) setup if you sell your current monitor at 6-7k ,i feel for 1080p investing on a 38k gpu is a waste of money as you don't have any wish to buy 144 hz or 1440p monitor .Gaming industry work different way .So Developer will always make their game playable for 1080p mid level card users .Yes early release games are not optimized that is why it can't even run 60 fps with 1070 but after few months even 480 level card can play those games at 60 fps(mirror edge) .

I feel as you can buy a 480 for 19k so spending another 19k for a 10% boost performance is a waste of money .wait for more price drop yes price will drop more when Vega will be released .30k 1070 will be a good burgain though BD market generally drop price when ppl stop buying their 25% price hike compare to int market .
    lets suppose i sell my current monitor at 7k. i can add 38k. make it 40k; so total is 47k. what card and what monitor do suggest me under this price tag ?
    also; 480 19k; i assume u r mentioning the 4gb version. which in my opinion is a mistake. 8 gb should be minimum. again assume its 4gb 19k.but 1070 is a 10% boost ? care t explain please ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VANGUARD View Post
    @swag Get a 1080Ti. Preferably Zotac 1080 Amp! Extreme
    will you give me money ?

• Iskander's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Radeon R7 250 1GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung S19S350HNW IPS
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • WK WI300
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • A4 Tech N-70FX
      • Power Supply:
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • Prolink 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • ISP:
      • Asianet BD
      • Download Speed:
      • 6Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 6Mbps

i also tink so; but how much futureproof is 970 now ?
    970 sits between 1050Ti & 1060 as of 2017 AAA titles game
    Last edited by Iskander; May 4th, 2017 at 12:53.

• sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps

i just wanna wait for vega so that the price drops. i wont be able to afford vega.

- - - Updated - - -

the fact is after vega release the chances of price drop atleast in bangladesh is pretty low, if you really want to upgrade then upgrade it right now unless you are just wasting your time

- - - Updated - - -

970 sits between 1050Ti & 1060 as of 2017 AAA titles game
    kemne vai? 970 is far better than 1050ti and yes on recent titles as well and slightly faster or equal with gtx 1060 in terms of performance on games like battlefield 1, just cause 3 or ROTR. the 1050ti is just rippoff gtx 960 from the last generation with less powerconsumption

• Iskander's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Radeon R7 250 1GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung S19S350HNW IPS
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • WK WI300
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • A4 Tech N-70FX
      • Power Supply:
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • Prolink 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • ISP:
      • Asianet BD
      • Download Speed:
      • 6Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 6Mbps

kemne vai? 970 is far better than 1050ti and yes on recent titles as well and slightly faster or equal with gtx 1060 in terms of performance on games like battlefield 1, just cause 3 or ROTR. the 1050ti is just rippoff gtx 960 from the last generation with less powerconsumption
    "970 sits between 1050Ti & 1060 as of 2017 AAA titles game"
    I said 2017 AAA games, so we have 8 more months to see some titles that will close the gap between 1050Ti & 970

• sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps

970 sits between 1050Ti & 1060 as of 2017 AAA titles game.
    I said 2017 AAA games, so we have 8 more months to see some titles that will close the gap between 1050Ti & 970

even to perform well you need horsepower and with driver updates you won't find anything ultra super fps upgrade from this mid range gpus either. the fact is if you see the spectification of 1050ti it can hardly pass gtx 960 super oc versions but no match for 970 sure same goes for 1060 as well it will always be on same scale or slightly better but not 10fps faster than old maxwell flagships. I already gave enough flagship references and still in 2017 there is not a single title made my statement wrong. about 8 months in future vega will be on the market and there would be new gen from nvidia as well so refrain your argument

• Iskander's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • WD Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Asus Radeon R7 250 1GB
      • Display:
      • Samsung S19S350HNW IPS
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • WK WI300
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech K120
      • Mouse:
      • A4 Tech N-70FX
      • Power Supply:
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • Prolink 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • ISP:
      • Asianet BD
      • Download Speed:
      • 6Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 6Mbps

I forgot to mention one thing. I put that statement excluding AMD GPU. If i include them, then this goes like
    1050TI<rx470<970<480<1060

about 8 months in future vega will be on the market and there would be new gen from nvidia as well so refrain your argument
    As a Red team guy, still I cant hyped about Vega

lets suppose i sell my current monitor at 7k. i can add 38k. make it 40k; so total is 47k. what card and what monitor do suggest me under this price tag ?
    also; 480 19k; i assume u r mentioning the 4gb version. which in my opinion is a mistake. 8 gb should be minimum. again assume its 4gb 19k.but 1070 is a 10% boost ? care t explain please ?

Asus VP278H (27 inch) https://www.itbazaar.com.bd/d/asus-v...monitor/120892

Samsung C27F350FHW (my preference )

http://www.startech.com.bd/samsung-c27f350fhw

I will suggest to wait for June as New Monitors will be imported & there will be a Good amount of Price drop on Monitor in June

Also 1080p Ultra & High setting has very little difference in many games(but FPS drop is nearly 30 fps ) there are many video on Youtube about that ,also Only few game don't perform well with 4 gb ,one of the game is Assassing creed ,other than that for 1080p most games are fine with 4 gb .Even mirror edge which needed more ram now runs well with 4 gb .so You can easily go with 4 gb cards ,

Bangladesh weather is bad for GPU(too much humidity in air) & GPU also Bad investment as they don't last long like CPU .So instead investing all budget on a single hardware ,invest in Big 27 inch Monitor Even Starcraft & Other games will Look Like Movie theater .

Don't forget Even in Ultra there are thousands of way you can increase FPS by dropping tweaking one or two setting .so learn those tricks .
    Last edited by djrock; May 4th, 2017 at 19:54.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast