User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC configuration for Graphics related work

Default PC configuration for Graphics related work

Hello everyone,

Please suggest the best configuration within 80K BDT (just cpu, no monitor) for graphics related work. The computer will basically be used by graphic designer running photoshop, illustrator, and after effects for motion video. Price and store links are welcomed.

thank you

Well you will need powerful CPU 7700k(4 core) or Ryzen 1700x(8 core)(I will suggest Ryzen) & Lots of Ram 32 gb(corsair) ,so you need a good motherboard also to have a stable performance .After all these spending buy any gpu which suits your budget .If you are a multi tasker Ryzen will be better but if you want fast work in any specific task then 7700k will be a little bit (few second )faster .Also buy Samsung 850 pro/evo SSD 500gb/250gb (will speed up work/very important purchase ) & another 120gb/64 gb samsugn 750/830 evo for operating system drive .

For adobe work/file transfer M.2 ssd are twice as fast as ssd so maybe samsung 960 m.2 would be better suited for those work

With illustrator Nvidia has problem ,so maybe Amd should be your preferred gpu (Maybe Rx 470/570 4gb)

PSU --Corsair V(real good product) https://ryanscomputers.com/component...-product-view2

https://www.itbazaar.com.bd/d/samsung-850-pro-256gb-sata-ssd-internal-hard-disk/121617

http://www.binarylogic.com.bd/index.php?c=31

http://www.startech.com.bd/amd-ryzen-7-1700x
    Last edited by djrock; May 3rd, 2017 at 18:46.

• furiousTaher's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus z170p || Asus p8 P67m pro
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700k || i5 2400
      • RAM:
      • 2 x Ripjaws 8gb 3200C16D 16GVKB || (Transcend 4gb + Adata 4gb) 1333
      • Hard Drive:
      • Evo 850 250gb + Toshiba 2tb || WD 500gb blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire R9 280x Vapor-x || Sapphire r7 260x 1GB
      • Display:
      • Asus vx229h ||Samsung 21.5" S22A300B
      • Sound Card:
      • Xonar dgx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 223 + Xiaomi iron ring|| AltecLansing VS2621 + a4tech hs100
      • Mouse:
      • a4tech x7
      • Power Supply:
      • Adata HM 850w || Thermaltek 600 TR2 S
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus dvd writer 24x max
      • USB Devices:
      • Phantom 240 red/black || Vatyn 664b (Tyrannosaurus)
      • UPS:
      • Power guard 1200va
      • Comment:
      • :D

i am not an expert at this but i think the problem is with illustrator 2015 on wards.... it might be more of a prob with adobe illus than nvidia

i (and almost everyone in planet earth) recommend green team for adobe stuff because as far as i know 95%+ users of adobe are using nvidia (among those who have discrete gpu)

Quote Originally Posted by furiousTaher View Post
    i am not an expert at this but i think the problem is with illustrator 2015 on wards.... it might be more of a prob with adobe illus than nvidia

i (and almost everyone in planet earth) recommend green team for adobe stuff because as far as i know 95%+ users of adobe are using nvidia (among those who have discrete gpu)
    Linus Torvald saying --- Nvidia F You
    Last edited by djrock; May 3rd, 2017 at 17:44.

• furiousTaher's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700k || i5 2400
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Xonar dgx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Mouse:
      • a4tech x7
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • Power guard 1200va
      • Comment:

totally irrelevant, adobe products arent even in linux... adobe wont have any products for android linux ios etc... only windows. and even in linux i heard recent driver support of nv is better than amd.

Quote Originally Posted by djrock View Post

Linus Torvald saying --- Nvidia F You

• sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • samsung 18.5inch (1360X768)
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Microlab 2:1 / monk plus , KZ ate HiFi
      • Keyboard:
      • a4tech normal keyboard KR-83
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Who use this nowadays Anyway?
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps

if you are really upto the photoshop and illustrator then you really don't need an enthusiast processor but atleast an i5 would be more than enough for the job but if you are upto rendering and your work is dependent on heavy cpu useage then i would suggest you to go for ryzen r7 minimum or i7 for better performance . price of these products might go upto 20k(i5) to 30k(i7 or r7) as you are limited on the budget i would suggest you to wait for couple of weeks as r5 ryzen processors are coming soon and estimating the price would be around 18k so that should be a really good choice to go for

ram is very important on graphics designing so the more you use them the better you get so minimum 16gb ram should be good enough for you. the highest bus 3000mghrz from gskill 16gb ram will cost you 12k

now motherboard is completely independent choice and in this term intel is offering better in our country over amd alternatives , as you can get a decent b150 motherboard within 7.8k (asus b150 prime is a great personal choice ) where ryzen motherborad the minimum one will cost you 11k

in terms of gpu for graphical and workstation workings nvidia delivers better performance over amd so minimum gtx 1060 should be enough or if you want to go for equivalent amd offering i guess you may choose firepro gpus which might be expensive 26k (leadtek,gigabyte ) , 29k asus

in recent times you really don't need a bulky psu for your system as the machines are getting power efficient everyday so minimum 450w or 500w psu would be very good for your overall pc . in that saying thermaltake tr2 or antec offerings or cooler master psus within 5.6k would be more than enough for your pc

lastly this is your independent choice that how much storage you want to go for , normal 1tb hdd should be enough for the rig might cost you 4k at maximum but as you want to go for rendering and visual processing it would be good to go for an extra 256gb ssd for the work and the ssd might cost you 6k to 7k

so overall you have to pay for everything would be 90k for amd offerings and 84k for intel i7 setup and 76k for i5 setup , so the choice is yours !!

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    if you are really upto the photoshop and illustrator then you really don't need an enthusiast processor but atleast an i5 would be more than enough for the job but if you are upto rendering and your work is dependent on heavy cpu useage then i would suggest you to go for ryzen r7 minimum or i7 for better performance . price of these products might go upto 20k(i5) to 30k(i7 or r7) as you are limited on the budget i would suggest you to wait for couple of weeks as r5 ryzen processors are coming soon and estimating the price would be around 18k so that should be a really good choice to go for

ram is very important on graphics designing so the more you use them the better you get so minimum 16gb ram should be good enough for you. the highest bus 3000mghrz from gskill 16gb ram will cost you 12k

now motherboard is completely independent choice and in this term intel is offering better in our country over amd alternatives , as you can get a decent b150 motherboard within 7.8k (asus b150 prime is a great personal choice ) where ryzen motherborad the minimum one will cost you 11k

in terms of gpu for graphical and workstation workings nvidia delivers better performance over amd so minimum gtx 1060 should be enough or if you want to go for equivalent amd offering i guess you may choose firepro gpus which might be expensive 26k (leadtek,gigabyte ) , 29k asus

in recent times you really don't need a bulky psu for your system as the machines are getting power efficient everyday so minimum 450w or 500w psu would be very good for your overall pc . in that saying thermaltake tr2 or antec offerings or cooler master psus within 5.6k would be more than enough for your pc

lastly this is your independent choice that how much storage you want to go for , normal 1tb hdd should be enough for the rig might cost you 4k at maximum but as you want to go for rendering and visual processing it would be good to go for an extra 256gb ssd for the work and the ssd might cost you 6k to 7k

so overall you have to pay for everything would be 90k for amd offerings and 84k for intel i7 setup and 76k for i5 setup , so the choice is yours !!
    Thank you very much for such an elaborate and informative suggestion. I would need to buy the pc tomorrow so i guess i will go with i7 instead of waiting for Ryzen which definitely would have been a better buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Man View Post
    Thank you very much for such an elaborate and informative suggestion. I would need to buy the pc tomorrow so i guess i will go with i7 instead of waiting for Ryzen which definitely would have been a better buy.
    For a Non Gamer investing in i7 at this moment is a waste of money for any productivity work ,i7 is basically i5 in steroid .4 real core with 4/8 Fake(virtual) Core .Atleast buy real 8 core like Ryzen(2 time faster in mutlitasking than 7700k) ,also i7 won't overclock with cheap mobo(there is no upgrade path with that socket mobo in future) & i7 7700k has over heating issue .So think again before spending on i7 (which is now a 10 year old intel tech)
    Last edited by djrock; May 3rd, 2017 at 19:34.

• furiousTaher's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 6700k || i5 2400
      • RAM:
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Xonar dgx
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Mouse:
      • a4tech x7
      • Power Supply:
      • Optical Drive:
      • USB Devices:
      • UPS:
      • Power guard 1200va
      • Comment:

but but but... i though those workstation stuff is only for heavy autocad 3dsmax double precision thingy workloard.... are those really better than 1060gtx in after effect illustrator adobe premier blender photoshop gimp etc?

- - - Updated - - -

can somebody gimme a benchmark for those in normal workload like aftereffect premier etc?

• sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps

Quote Originally Posted by furiousTaher View Post
    but but but... i though those workstation stuff is only for heavy autocad 3dsmax double precision thingy workloard.... are those really better than 1060gtx in after effect illustrator adobe premier blender photoshop gimp etc?

- - - Updated - - -

can somebody gimme a benchmark for those in normal workload like aftereffect premier etc?
    i did work on premier blender on a nemisis video project recently i borrowed a gtx 1070 and 1060 from a friend just to make sure to complete their work fast , apparently the performance difference on 1060 and 1070 was only 5% difference means 1070 was only 5% faster in rendering , i don't know about other autocad or other software or online benchmarks just shared what i personally experienced

- - - Updated - - -

For a Non Gamer investing in i7 at this moment is a waste of money for any productivity work ,i7 is basically i5 in steroid .4 real core with 4/8 Fake(virtual) Core .Atleast buy real 8 core like Ryzen(2 time faster in mutlitasking than 7700k) ,also i7 won't overclock with cheap mobo(there is no upgrade path with that socket mobo in future) & i7 7700k has over heating issue .So think again before spending on i7 (which is now a 10 year old intel tech)

i went to idb yesterday there was not a single piece was available in startech or ucc and they aren't even sure when they might come again , so he has no chance to buy ryzen atleast from bangladesh within this week

i went to idb yesterday there was not a single piece was available in startech or ucc and they aren't even sure when they might come again , so he has no chance to buy ryzen atleast from bangladesh within this week
    Other private importer brings product ,one online shop selling 1700 .CPU is really risk free product to buy without warranty .

https://www.atlas.com.bd/cpu/797-amd...ed-cooler.html

• sensei's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte b250 hd3
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 7400
      • RAM:
      • 8gb Gskill 2400bus
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1tb wdd blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte gtx 950
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Keyboard:
      • Mouse:
      • Bloody A9
      • Controller:
      • none
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master b500
      • Optical Drive:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Poor man's fortress
      • ISP:
      • Speed Tech Online
      • Download Speed:
      • 4mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 2mbps

Other private importer brings product ,one online shop selling 1700 .CPU is really risk free product to buy without warranty .

https://www.atlas.com.bd/cpu/797-amd...ed-cooler.html

why should i play them 3k more ? they won't even giving me warranty

• chanchalcxi's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H81M-S2Pv
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 - 4770k
      • RAM:
      • 16gb 1600 mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba 4 tb , Western Digital Blue 1 tb
      • Graphics Card:
      • Msi Gaming X GTX 1070
      • Display:
      • Dual Monitor = Dell S2240L 21.5 inch + Dell E1912H 18.5 inch
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative SBS A335
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower grand 650w
      • UPS:
      • Powerguard 1500va
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • ISP:
      • Banglalion 2 mbps king
      • Download Speed:
      • 230 kbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • BL has no up speed :P

for graphics related work u need a beefy cpu and a gpu.. and after effects uses cuda/open cl accelerator so u definitely need a beefy gpu, gtx 1070 + 7700k/1700x/1800x combo is a must.. if u can buy ryzen for this purpose it's a better choice than Intel's current consumer lineup...

u don't need quadro or firepro gpus I repeat u don't need them unless u want to burn ur money for minimal to no performance improvements most productivity software don't use double precision so u don't need them and they are ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤** expensive...

don't buy AMD bcz cuda will annihilate opencl... and most render engines work better with cuda, even some gpu render engines don't even support opencl....

- - - Updated - - -

Slender Man

why should i play them 3k more ? they won't even giving me warranty
    They were first importer of Ryzen so maybe they didn't realize what would be the price at that time ,i m sure after showing Star tech price their price might go down more ,at least you can check the processor before paying if you take your setup there .so that is better than paying in advance for importing product which might come defective

• chanchalcxi's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H81M-S2Pv
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 - 4770k
      • RAM:
      • 16gb 1600 mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Msi Gaming X GTX 1070
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative SBS A335
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Powerguard 1500va
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • ISP:
      • Banglalion 2 mbps king
      • Download Speed:
      • 230 kbps
      • Upload Speed:

For after effects performance difference between i7 6900k (better and more expensive than r7 1800x) and cuda :-

... 7700k + gpu combo will effectively annihilate the need of more expensive cpus.. incorporating cuda can speed up ur workflow by almost 6 times ....

here a gtx 1060 is performing great compared to high end offerings... and quadro for 5000$ lol they r not made for this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic_disp (1).jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	39677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic_disp (2).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	39678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic_disp.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	39679

now for rendering purposes having a better gpu will save time....

Name:	pic_disp (3).jpg 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	39680Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic_disp (4).jpg 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	39681
    Last edited by chanchalcxi; May 3rd, 2017 at 20:42.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanchalcxi View Post
    for graphics related work u need a beefy cpu and a gpu.. and after effects uses cuda/open cl accelerator so u definitely need a beefy gpu, gtx 1070 + 7700k/1700x/1800x combo is a must.. if u can buy ryzen for this purpose it's a better choice than Intel's current consumer lineup...

u don't need quadro or firepro gpus I repeat u don't need them unless u want to burn ur money for minimal to no performance improvements most productivity software don't use double precision so u don't need them and they are ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤** expensive...

don't buy AMD bcz cuda will annihilate opencl... and most render engines work better with cuda, even some gpu render engines don't even support opencl....
    Not all Nvidia card work same way & GPU power has nothing to do with these works Gtx 780 work faster than 980ti in these task ,as that card is supported by the adobe cc .so it would be wise to know which cards name are on the list of supported card before wasting money on a card .Open Cl ,Cuda Perform almost equally some time surpassing each other at different task ,Old Amd 7870 ,Gtx 780 performed better than 980 ti .so It would be wise to know the card & do more research

- - - Updated - - -

Slender Man

• chanchalcxi's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H81M-S2Pv
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 - 4770k
      • RAM:
      • 16gb 1600 mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Msi Gaming X GTX 1070
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative SBS A335
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Powerguard 1500va
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • ISP:
      • Banglalion 2 mbps king
      • Download Speed:
      • 230 kbps
      • Upload Speed:

- - - Updated - - -

Not all Nvidia card work same way & GPU power has nothing to do with these works Gtx 780 work faster than 980ti in these task ,as that card is supported by the adobe cc .so it would be wise to know which cards name are on the list of supported card before wasting money on a card .Open Cl ,Cuda Perform almost equally some time surpassing each other at different task ,Old Amd 7870 ,Gtx 780 performed better than 980 ti .so It would be wise to know the card & do more research

- - - Updated - - -

Slender Man
    man u should stop it... ur own video shows that lower is better.... and I think u thought higher is better lol....

and cuda cores are important kepler had more cuda cores.. hence they perform better in productivity tasks than gaming.. lots of software don't even support open cl....

Gpu power is important... stop believing #djrock, he is the deshi avatar of Lisa su...
    Last edited by chanchalcxi; May 3rd, 2017 at 21:06.

man u should stop it... ur own video shows that lower is better.... and I think u thought higher is better lol....

and cuda cores are important kepler had more cuda cores.. hence they perform better in productivity tasks than gaming.. lots of software don't even support open cl....

Gpu power is important... stop believing #djrock, he is the deshi avatar of Lisa su...
    You Now sound like a Troll (its not a competition or Game),If you keep doing this Then Slowly You will Lose all Credibility .So slow down & try to read what i wrote .r9 390 performing almost equallly as 980ti ,so tell me how its a defeat of Amd
    Last edited by djrock; May 3rd, 2017 at 21:14.

• chanchalcxi's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H81M-S2Pv
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 - 4770k
      • RAM:
      • 16gb 1600 mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Graphics Card:
      • Msi Gaming X GTX 1070
      • Display:
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative SBS A335
      • Power Supply:
      • UPS:
      • Powerguard 1500va
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • ISP:
      • Banglalion 2 mbps king
      • Download Speed:
      • 230 kbps
      • Upload Speed:

You Now sound like a Troll (its not a competition or Game),If you keep doing this Then Slowly You will Lose all Credibility .So slow down & try to read what i wrote .r9 390 performing almost equallly as 980ti ,so tell me how its a defeat of Amd
    u said gtx 780 performed better than gtx 980ti which isn't true... and opencl has lots of issues.. show me recent benchmark results where amd is performing good using opencl compared to pascal gpus !!! this video is old comparing 2-3 years old products...

most ppl here r amd fans so I don't think about credibility, otherwise I wouldn't hv posted, u just try to shove AMD products which isn't very optimal for end users who will suffer after the purchase....

pascal is simply miles ahead of AMD... I also provided recent detailed benchmark results, ur video only touches the surface for cheap youtube views and the video is vague,

- - - Updated - - -

depending on use case scenario cuda can outmatch opencl by a margin.... and I m not talking about hordes of software which don't utilize opencl at all...

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1894349

"I was in the process of considering purchasing an AMD Radeon R9 390 for my desktop machine but if the OpenCL performance of my Mac Book Pro are anything to consider then I best avoid OpenCL and AMD. "

Name:	Adobe+OpenCL+Performance+Shock.png 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	39684

u said gtx 780 performed better than gtx 980ti which isn't true... and opencl has lots of issues.. show me recent benchmark results where amd is performing good using opencl compared to pascal gpus !!! this video is old comparing 2-3 years old products...

most ppl here r amd fans so I don't think about credibility, otherwise I wouldn't hv posted, u just try to shove AMD products which isn't very optimal for end users who will suffer after the purchase....

pascal is simply miles ahead of AMD... I also provided recent detailed benchmark results, ur video only touches the surface for cheap youtube views and the video is vague,
    You mean 980ti only 1 minute ahead of gtx 780 In a 23 minute task is a Win for 980ti ? I think you never knew the concept performance/price .So 980Ti really Performing worse than 780 ti even with All the Thousands of Cuda core Shoved in its @ .so you can guess the Miracle of Cuda BABA .There was a Time when OpenCL wasn't as good as Cuda but that time is way behind & Even GPU power doesn't matter in these task .Its all about support from the Software manufacturer .Surely there are some benefit of each codes but that isn't enough to choose one over other .But some issue with Illustration (which admin will use) that forced Nvidia user in adopting Amd card

Illustrator slows down pc with Nvidia Card Adobe thread

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2166415

Slender Man

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast