User Tag List

Thread: Dummies' Guide to burning XGD2 or XGD3 games , with/without Burner Max Firmware

Post Dummies' Guide to burning XGD2 or XGD3 games , with/without Burner Max Firmware

I wasn't able to find a coherent guide here about burning games, whether XGD2 or XGD3, so decided to post all my findings in one single thread:

For the sake of convenience, I've re-posted from the sticky thread about burning 360 discs by aayman. Courtesy also goes to user Assassins Creed II for the first link.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassins Creed II View Post
    well most games are now XGD3 format. Follow the steps written in this site to burn current games.
    Great thread!

I've also come across another guide on burning discs with Q&As provided for clarification:

and another one regarding Burner Max firmware for Lite-On drives:

BTW, I'm going to be getting one of the iHasx24B drives this week- if anyone's interested in tagging along to check it out, let me know.

List of things needed:

1. iHASx24B (x- any of the models) drive by Lite-On (recommended)
    2. Verbatim or Mitsubishi Double-Layer discs (
    3. ImgBurn for burning the disc image (other alternatives are alright, but ImgBurn seems to be the most used)
    4. ABGX360 - for patching discs with topology data for XGD3 discs (explained in the guide links above). [Can someone let me me know about the AP2.5 check thing; I'm still not clear on that, but checking out]
    5. KProbe for checking the burned discs-
    About KProbe:
    6. XBox Backup Creator if you have original discs to back up.

On second thought, if you have original discs, I'm guessing all the above might not be necessary at all...

That should be all for now (I think).

Let me know if this has been useful.

Courtesy of thekoRngear: LT 3.0 and Truncate method

Default Now my burned games won't play.

So I've been burning games for about a year now and haven't had a problem until recently. I burned UFC 3 no problem, but NBA 2k12, Saints Row the 3rd and NCAA 13 won't play. I use imgburn and have tried truncating the discs, changing the layer break, using the calculate optimal option and still nothing. I use 2.4x burning speed. I've always used Memorex discs and I have a pioneer xd10 burner. Can anyone help me out here and tell me what my problem could be? NCAA 13 actually installed an update on my xbox and my dashboard is different but the game still wont play. It shows the image of the game and says PLAY GAME but the screen just goes black and then a message appears saying the disc is unreadable or whatever. I've wasted like 5 or 6 discs already. HELP please!

Cleveland, Ohio.

truncating games doesnt work anymore, u need to properly burn it with an iHAS drive and a supported disc.