User Tag List

Thread: FIFA 09 Mouse Control

• abir's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte G41M-ES2L | Intel 965 HP
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium Dual Core E5400 2.7GHz 800MSB| Intel T5670 Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz 800MHz FSB
      • RAM:
      • (2+2) 4GB DDR II (800MHz) | 1GB RAM
      • Hard Drive:
      • 320 GB SATA Samsung | 160GB SATA
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire Radeon 4770 512MB | Intel GMA X3100
      • Display:
      • DELL Inspiron 18.5" LCD |14.1" TFT LCD
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek Builtin Audio
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 2.1
      • Keyboard:
      • Genius Slimstar 355 Gaming Keyboard | A4Tech Anti RSI (USB PS2)
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech 7K Office (USB)| HP
      • Power Supply:
      • Deluxe DLP 388A 450W
      • Optical Drive:
      • ASUS 16X DVD Drive & Liteon DVDW| Asus DVD RAMRW LightScribe
      • USB Devices:
      • 4GB Apacer Pendrive
      • UPS:
      • OVO 650VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 | Windows XP SP2 & Ubuntu 9.04
      • ISP:
      • Smile Internet (Bronze)

Default FIFA 09 Mouse Control

How to use the mouse in FIFA 09
    September 13, 2008

EA have reintroduced the mouse to the FIFA series. More than that, I dare say theyíve built FIFA 09 around it. The mouse gives PC users the ability to put the ball exactly where they want it and commandeer their players like never before. Read on to find out exactly how to do that.

A FEW WORDS ABOUT CONTROLLERS
    There are two ways to play with the keyboard and the mouse. The first one lets you use the keyboard to move. In the default settings the WASD keys are used to move the players. Let me tell you why I donít like that setup.

Almost every action in FIFA 09 requires me to press or hold at least one movement key. This means that my three middle fingers canít be used for anything else. So, just like the janitorís wife from Scrubs, all Iíve got left are my thumb and pinkie. And, for me at least, itís very uncomfortable to use those two fingers for modifiers while all the others are pressing hard on the movement keys.

The other option is to use the mouse to move. Your player will move in the direction of the cursor. For example, if the cursor is in front of him, he will run forward; if itís to his right, heíll turn right. Like in previous FIFA games, the players may only run in 8 directions - left, right, up, down and the 4 diagonals. It is a bit awkward at first, but Iím rather getting used to it.

The awkwardness is most noticeable in defense, where I make my favorite players run around like headless chickens, but fortunately there is a solution at hand. Just like in FIFA08, when you hold down your Conservative Tackle key, the defenders will automatically embark on a collision course with the ball - the mouse only needs to point vaguely in the same direction as the opposing player with the ball. This takes care of all the dirty work in defense. Of course it canít be used in all situations as you will sometimes need to anticipate the opponentís next move and position the defender strategically, rather than just run after the ball.

PASSING AND MAKING RUNS
    The player will pass the ball in the direction of the cursor. The farther the cursor is from the player, the more weight the pass will have. The ball can be kicked in any angle, not only the 8 angles players are limited to. This means that you can put the ball exactly on the spot occupied by the cursor by a single click of the left mouse button (the default key for Pass).

In FIFA 08 you made a player start a run off the ball, by pointing him and pressing the Player Run key. In FIFA 09 you can do the exact same thing with the mouse. You have probably noticed that the cursor changes when you have pointed it at a player. If you press the Player Run key when the cursor is pointed at one of your players, he will start a run, much like he would in FIFA 08.

If you point the cursor at an empty space on the pitch and press the Player Run key, the nearest player to that spot will head in that direction. And this right here is what I love about FIFA 09. Letís say Iíve got the ball on the counter and Iíve got a forward in front of me. He is running from the center to the left wing and a defender is covering him. I can point the cursor to the center of the pitch, several yards away from the forward and press the Player Run key and right after that the Pass button. This will make the forward change direction and hopefully loose his marker and the player with the ball will send it right in his path so he can bear down on goal.

I believe this is EAís great achievement in FIFA 09 - thereís nothing you canít do with the mouse in terms of passing. Letís say Iíve got the ball on the right flank of my own half and Iíve been closed down - thereís no one to pass to. I can turn back, shield the ball, point the cursor between 2 opposing attackers, press the Player Run key and soon after - the Pass button. This will make the player nearest to the spot head straight in the direction of my upcoming pass.

LOBBING AND CROSSING

If you hold the Pass button, rather than just click it, your player will send a lobbed pass in the direction of the cursor. The longer you hold the pass button, the more weight the pass will have. You can also double click the Pass button to send a rather inaccurate lobbed pass near the cursor. If you double click while pointing the cursor at your player, you will attempt a lobbed pass in perspective. This is basically the same as pressing Q+W in FIFA 08 or the Player Run+Through Ball keys when playing FIFA 09 with the Keyboard.

Crossing is the same sending a lobbed pass from the wing to the penalty area. You can use the Player Run key here with great success. Point the cursor in the penalty area, press the Player Run and then hold the Pass button. A forward will attack that position, and if you got the weight on the cross and the timing just right, you can score some goals British style.

A FEW WORDS ABOUT SHOOTING, DRIBBLING AND THE KEEPER

Shooting with the mouse follows the same rules as shooting with the Keyboard does. The player will try to send the ball in the direction of the cursor. If you are pointing away from the goal though, the player will aim for the part of the goal nearest to the cursor.

Double-clicking the pass key while the keeper is holding the ball will make him feign a pass.

The mouse makes skill moves very easy to pull off. I will be focusing on them when I have practice mode at my disposal.

"Game after game after game, I realized what is most important of my life - FOOTBALL.."
    I bleed red, Man Utd 4ever..
    ---------------------
    অনেক দূরের একলা পথে, ক্লান্ত আমি ফিরি তোমার কাছে, মুখোশ খুলে বসে রই জানলার ধারে..

Default Re: FIFA 09 Mouse Control

boss ekta kotha kisu mone korben na plz . ami notun ashole 09 e.

onek age fifa 98 kheltam 2 friend ekjon keyboard r ekjon mouse e. ei khaneo ki ta shombhob.

othoba gp and keyborad. or two gp. or two keyboard?

Global Moderator
    • patron_saint's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P55-USB3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 [email protected] with Xigmatek Dark Knight
      • RAM:
      • G.Skill Ripjaws [email protected] 9-9-9-24
      • Hard Drive:
      • 1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12, 120 GB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm
      • Graphics Card:
      • ECS GTX 560
      • Display:
      • ASUS MS228H 22" LED 1080p
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek 7.1
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative Inspire 2.1
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech
      • Mouse:
      • A4tech Glasser
      • Controller:
      • Razer Onza TE | Logitech Chillstream | xbox 360 controller for windows[wired]
      • Power Supply:
      • ASUS 50GA 500w, +12V2.2, Active PFC
      • Optical Drive:
      • ASUS DVD RW LightScribe
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
      • ISP:
      • Smile (Silver)
      • Download Speed:
      • 64 KBps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 32 KBps

@rajafer - yes, single pc te GP vs KB and GP vs GP khela jabe. 09 a je mouse/keyboard control ase oita te mouse, KB duitai lage. btw, akhon to shobai Fifa 10 kheltese... 10 start koro

• Uchiha Obito's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P7H55M
      • CPU:
      • RAM:
      • ADATA XPG 1600MHZ 2GB + Twinmost Piano Black 2GB + 2GB = 5GB in Total
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 1TB F1 32MB Cache || Western Digital External 160GB Speed edition HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • Gigabyte Geforce 560 Ti Oced Edition
      • Display:
      • SAMSUNG SA300B 21.5" 1080p Monitor For PC and LG 2043T 20" for PlayStaion 3
      • Sound Card:
      • Built in
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Altec lansing VS series 2:1 Speaker For PC and Microlab for PlayStation 3
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G110 backlit gaming Keyboard
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech X7
      • Controller:
      • 3 x XBOX 360 Controller and One Dualshock 3 and Some generic Controllers
      • Power Supply:
      • DELTA POWER 650 WATT with 89% efficiency with 56 amps available on +12V rails
      • Optical Drive:
      • 1 x Samsung DVD-RW
      • USB Devices:
      • Transcend 16GB JetFlash 700
      • UPS:
      • PC Power 1200VA for PC and OVO 600 VA for PlayStation 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 + Linux x64
      • Benchmark Scores:
      • Didn't see till now.
      • Comment:
      • RIG OK and Console Awesome.
      • ISP:
      • BTCL ADSL 512kbps, 1mbps
      • Download Speed:
      • 60KB/s and 120KB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • Secret

Play Fifa 10.:zz:

• 's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte G-31|Intel H55 Chipset
      • CPU:
      • pentium 4 (3.6 ghz)|Intel Core i3-370M Processor (2.4GHz), 3MB Cache
      • RAM:
      • 2 GB DDR2 | 2 gb DDR3
      • Hard Drive:
      • Sata 200 GB|SATA 320 GB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Display:
      • samsungSyncMaster 18.5' Wide LCD|15.6" High Definition 1366x768 WLED Display
      • Sound Card:
      • BUILT IN
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Creative 2:1
      • Keyboard:
      • DeLUX PS2
      • Mouse:
      • A4 tech Optical
      • Controller:
      • microsoft XBOX 360 controller for windows [wired] | Logitech Rumblepad 2 | Logic chinese gp |
      • Power Supply:
      • normal ৮০০ টাকা এর মাল :P
      • Optical Drive:
      • DVD rom|8x DVD+/-RW with double layer write capable
      • USB Devices:
      • 1 gb pendrive
      • UPS:
      • nai :))
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Se7en ULTIMATE x64 BIT RTM build 7600 Final :)
      • Comment:
      • Desktop|Dell Inspiron 15R black laptop
      • ISP:
      • Zip (256 kbps), Qubee Prepaid (512 kbps)
      • Download Speed:
      • 12-15
      • Upload Speed:
      • 12-20

Ya..play fifa 10

Barcelona & Arsenal FTW !!