User Tag List

Thread: Some Awesome News For The Tech Industry!

• Ahnaf_i7X's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K cooled by TT Frio Extreme
      • RAM:
      • Corsair XMS 3 (4GBx2=8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba (1TB)7500rpm, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ OC Edition 8GB
      • Display:
      • Viewsonic 22" 1080p (1920x1080)
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek Integrated Sound
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • A4Tech Headphones
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech ComfortKey
      • Mouse:
      • Thermaltake eSports Talon Blu Gaming Mouse
      • Controller:
      • Generic Gamepad Plug n Play
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W 80+ Bronze
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 22x DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • PS4 DualShock 4 Controller
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Comment:
      • I love my PC and my PC electrocutes me.
      • ISP:
      • I dont have one
      • Download Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Upload Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Console:

Cool Some Awesome News For The Tech Industry!

Hello guys!

Just posting some recent news that I found really interesting. I thought it would be nice to share it with my BG brothers here. Please take a look if you haven't heard of these already

Title: PCI Express 4.0

Motherboards outfitted with PCI Express 4.0 will be capable of powering all but the most high-spec graphics cards purely through the motherboard. The motherboard will still need to be supplied with the appropriate power, naturally, but not having to wire in a graphics card should significantly improve air flow. I can almost hear the fans of neat wiring trembling with excitement.

Of the current crop of graphics cards, all should be amply powered by the 300W+ baseline power delivery of PCIe 4.0, while the ceiling is expected to be as high as 500W. Even the mighty GeForce GTX Titan X Pascal only sucks on an estimated 250W TDP. Consider that PCIe 3.0 is 75W and you can see this is a considerable achievement for PCI-SIG.
    Aside from this we’re looking at a doubling of bandwidth. At x1 bandwidth it’s running at 1.969 GB/s, up from 984.6 MB/s on 3.0, while PCIe 4.0 x16 runs at 31.508 GB/s compared to 15.754 GB/s on PCIe 3.0 x16.

PCI-SIG is reportedly “"just 'days away' from releasing version 0.7 of the PCIe Express 4.0 specification to members”, according to Tom’s Hardware. The p'an is for version 1.0 of PCIe 4.0 to be available by the tail end of 2016.
    Naturally enough with the spec already in some manufacturer’s hands we’re already beginning to see the first products creep out with PCI Express 4.0 support, including a recent ethernet adapter. Where we're really interested in seeing PCIe 4.0 support is of course graphics cards though. Both AMD and Nvidia are members of PCI-SIG so we could see support role out for Nvidia Volta or AMD Navi.
    It's not just graphics cards where we can expect to see tangible benefits either. Many people are increasingly using PCIe slots to power high-speed storage like m.2. The additional bandwidth on offer could offer lightning fast storage the likes of which we haven't seen before.

Source

Title: HBM3 Memory

Hot Chips is taking place this week, a conference dedicated to high performance microprocessors. It kicked off yesterday and runs through until tomorrow. There’s already been plenty of juicy news regarding graphics memory, including the first tease for third-generation High Bandwidth Memory, or HBM3. It will supposedly offer twice the bandwidth of HBM2 (which has yet to hit the market for gaming graphics cards), and yet will be cheaper to produce. But the best bit? It’ll allow up to 64GB VRAM in the coming generations of graphics cards.
    Up until now our experience with HBM has limited to the first generation seen on AMD’s Radeon Fury graphics cards. At 128GB/s per package it was quite a leap up in terms of bandwidth, while its 3D stacking mean for far smaller form factor graphics cards than GDDR5. HBM2 is set to double the bandwidth to 256GB/s and double the capacity when it presumably arrives alongside AMD’s Vega GPUs, but it’s HBM3 which now sits atop the memory throne. This will offer speeds of 512GB/s per memory stack, along with up to 64GB HBM3 capacity.

The natural evolution of memory is that it gets faster and in greater capacities, so that’s business as usual for HBM3, but where things get interesting is the price. HBM2 is prohibitively expensive, which is probably why we didn’t see it in either Polaris or Pascal, but according to SK Hynix manufacturing of HBM3 will in fact be cheaper. Presumably the manufacturing processes and route to market have been ironed out during HBM and HBM2, driving costs down.
    As for when we can expect to see HBM3 - don’t hold your breath just yet. The technology is still in its formative stages and it’s likely we’ll see a generation of HBM2 graphics cards first. As for what use we'll have have for 64GB video memory, well, I'm sure we'll find something. We always do.

Source

Title: DDR5 RAM

HBM3 wasn’t the only exciting memory-related goodness to come out of Hot Chips; we also got some of the first info on DDR5 system memory. The new RAM specification will succeed DDR4 in 2020 if development goes to plan, with the big changes being a nice big bump up to a maximum RAM limit of 128GB, along with a doubling of bandwidth.
    As it stands the chief aim of DDR5 DRAM is to offer twice bandwidth at 1.1V, making for a huge leap in memory efficiency. In short this means greater performance while consuming less power, particularly useful for mobile devices such as gaming laptops. Clock speeds will vary from 3200MHz all the way up to 6400MHz once the technology matures. Exact specifications for DDR5 are expected to be released later this year.
    Obviously the main thing now is for the likes of Micron and SK Hynix to convince you that DDR5 is something you actually need. DDR4 has practically zero gaming benefits over DDR3, but Mike Howard, director of DRAM at IHS, claimed the"incumbent always has tremendous inertia. The DDR incumbent will keep rolling by the virtue that it's there. A lot of the DDR5 development gets back to the shortcomings for DDR4.”
    He goes on to say that gamers will need vaster system memory for VR and other complex computing tasks. Current VR doesn’t seem to have any noticeable problems with bog-standard DDR3, so we’ll have to wait and see on that particular claim. There’s also the small matter of competing standards, with likes of RRAM (resistive RAM), MRAM (magnetoresistive RAM) and PCM (phase change memory) all looking to oust DDR as the de facto standard memory technologies.
    The first we’ll see of the physical DDR5 units is in 2018, before production begins in 2019 for the first server RAM modules to roll out in 2020. Expect commercial DDR5 memory to roll out shortly after, probably at an extortionate price which drops incredibly quickly.

Source
    Loved by few,
    Hated by many
    But respected by all!!

• Sybaris Caesar's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DH61WW B3 Rev.
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 3.10 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • Leadtek Winfast GTX 560 ti 1GB GDDR5 822/1644/4008
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • Original Xbox 360 Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH222 22x DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • Orlando 800va(packet e lekha apollo)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Upload Speed:
      • ∞

PCIe 4.0's 300w power needs completely revamped power delievary structure cause more power likely means heat. And then we've to think what would succeed ATX 24-pin. More hassle than currently. I'm more interested in Samsung's GDDR6.
    My probable next build: Qisan MagicForce 68 (Outemu switch) / Teamwolf Zhuque+ 87 TKL (Outemu) / Monoprice Select series full size (Outemu/Gateron) / Drevo Gramr 84 TKL (Outemu) • Logitech G102 Prodigy • Deepcool Dukase V3 / Thermaltake Versa U21 • Superlux HD 681 • Creative Sound Blaster E1 • LG 22MP68VQ • SteelSeries QcK • Generic executive chair • others TBA

djrock please don't bother me. You are in my ignore list so I don't have to see literal poop.

• Swapnil's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz Turbo
      • RAM:
      • 16 (4x4) GB TwinMOS DDR3 1333MHz
      • Hard Drive:
      • 160GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K160, 1TB WD Caviar Blue
      • Graphics Card:
      • MSI GTX 550-TI
      • Display:
      • 20inch 900p LCD (Samsung SyncMaster P2050)
      • Sound Card:
      • ASUS Xonar Essence STX
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Shure SRH750DJ / JVC-HAS400B
      • Keyboard:
      • Tt eSPORTS Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
      • Power Supply:
      • Seasonic M12II-750 EVO
      • Optical Drive:
      • Asus DRW-24B3ST crossflashed to LiteON iHAS-524B
      • USB Devices:
      • Do pendrives count?
      • UPS:
      • PowerTree 1250VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Comment:
      • Old, but works.
      • ISP:
      • Plusnet Inc.
      • Download Speed:
      • 875 kB/s
      • Upload Speed:
      • 875 kB/s

Quote Originally Posted by Sybaris Caesar View Post
    PCIe 4.0's 300w power needs completely revamped power delievary structure cause more power likely means heat. And then we've to think what would succeed ATX 24-pin. More hassle than currently. I'm more interested in Samsung's GDDR6.
    I'd prefer to see a change in the ATX 24-pin. A lot of voltages available there isn't required any more by modern motherboards. They should either be replaced by 12v pins or completely removed. I'd like to see a day when Mini-ITX motherboards won't even need a ATX PSU, just a 12v high amperage connector.

• Sybaris Caesar's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DH61WW B3 Rev.
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2400 3.10 Ghz
      • RAM:
      • Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
      • Hard Drive:
      • Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 RPM
      • Graphics Card:
      • Leadtek Winfast GTX 560 ti 1GB GDDR5 822/1644/4008
      • Sound Card:
      • Onboard
      • Keyboard:
      • Thermaltake Commander
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G402
      • Controller:
      • Original Xbox 360 Wireless
      • Power Supply:
      • Cooler Master G550M
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung SH222 22x DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • Orlando 800va(packet e lekha apollo)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Upload Speed:
      • ∞

Quote Originally Posted by Swapnil View Post
    I'd prefer to see a change in the ATX 24-pin. A lot of voltages available there isn't required any more by modern motherboards. They should either be replaced by 12v pins or completely removed. I'd like to see a day when Mini-ITX motherboards won't even need a ATX PSU, just a 12v high amperage connector.
    sadly BDte mini-ITX craze ekhono ase nai
    My probable next build: Qisan MagicForce 68 (Outemu switch) / Teamwolf Zhuque+ 87 TKL (Outemu) / Monoprice Select series full size (Outemu/Gateron) / Drevo Gramr 84 TKL (Outemu) • Logitech G102 Prodigy • Deepcool Dukase V3 / Thermaltake Versa U21 • Superlux HD 681 • Creative Sound Blaster E1 • LG 22MP68VQ • SteelSeries QcK • Generic executive chair • others TBA

djrock please don't bother me. You are in my ignore list so I don't have to see literal poop.

• Fox Mulder's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Rev 1.1 (Currently dead) | Intel DH55TC
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 3470 @ 3.8 Ghz (Currently not used) | intel Core i7 860 @ 3.3 GHz
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 2x4GB
      • Hard Drive:
      • Western Digital Blue 1 Terrabyte
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X OC With Boost 3GB GDDR5 || Gigabyte GTX 680 Windforce 4GB
      • Display:
      • Philips 191EL 19" LED @77 Hz
      • Sound Card:
      • Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24 Bit
      • Keyboard:
      • Corsair K70 RGB
      • Mouse:
      • A4Tech 2X Click
      • Power Supply:
      • Thermaltake Smart 650W Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung DVD Writer
      • UPS:
      • Spark Power (!) 1200VA
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Build 10162
      • Comment:
      • It gets the job done!
      • ISP:
      • BracNet
      • Download Speed:
      • 1 Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 1 Mbps

Probably one of the best decorated threads in BG, in regards of the news presentation.

• minitt's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 6700K
      • RAM:
      • Corsair Vengence 3200mhz White Led
      • Hard Drive:
      • Samsung 830 (128GB) +1TB HDD
      • Graphics Card:
      • GTX 780 With Titan HS
      • Display:
      • Samsung KS8000 55"
      • Sound Card:
      • On board
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • Yamaha Reference Monitor
      • Keyboard:
      • Logitech G710+
      • Mouse:
      • Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
      • Power Supply:
      • Antec HCG-620M Modular
      • Optical Drive:
      • Nai
      • UPS:
      • dont need 1
      • Operating System:
      • Genuine Windows 10
      • ISP:
      • Shaw Cable
      • Download Speed:
      • 94Mbps
      • Upload Speed:
      • 20mbps

It would be awesome if whole PC is powered by single 12v connection then hooking up a battery will act as a very reliable ups.
    Less conversion and More energy saving.

google's cheap server boards used to have such power delivery system and the board runs from a single sla battery during power failure.

• Ahnaf_i7X's Gadgets
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K cooled by TT Frio Extreme
      • RAM:
      • Corsair XMS 3 (4GBx2=8GB)
      • Hard Drive:
      • Toshiba (1TB)7500rpm, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
      • Graphics Card:
      • Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ OC Edition 8GB
      • Display:
      • Viewsonic 22" 1080p (1920x1080)
      • Sound Card:
      • Realtek Integrated Sound
      • Speakers/HPs:
      • A4Tech Headphones
      • Keyboard:
      • A4Tech ComfortKey
      • Mouse:
      • Thermaltake eSports Talon Blu Gaming Mouse
      • Controller:
      • Generic Gamepad Plug n Play
      • Power Supply:
      • Gigabyte Pulse 650W 80+ Bronze
      • Optical Drive:
      • Samsung 22x DVD Writer
      • USB Devices:
      • PS4 DualShock 4 Controller
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Comment:
      • I love my PC and my PC electrocutes me.
      • ISP:
      • I dont have one
      • Download Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Upload Speed:
      • I dont have one
      • Console:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder View Post
    Probably one of the best decorated threads in BG, in regards of the news presentation.
    Thank you
    Loved by few,
    Hated by many
    But respected by all!!